▼Chapter Four - Newbie.

Chapter Four.

I backed into the heavy standing lamp, gripping it firmly, while the other hand was searching the floor for a weapon I could use to defend myself. My hand found a long, thin object. I grabbed it, and brought it up to my face so I could see what it is was.

You have got to be joking me. A pencil. I stared wide eyed at it, this was just my luck. Power coursed through my veins, as I pounced at the pursuer. I didn't know what had gotten into me, as I flowed through the room in and out of the shadows. The figure mimicked my movements, and a growl escaped my throat. Wait, did I just growl? I shook my head at the distraction and lept on top of the intruder, accidentally knocking over my desk lamp. The loud crash echoed throughout the silent house. I held my pencil firmly I hovered the point over his neck.

"Tell me what you want, or this pencil is going into your jugular!" I spat quietly, I felt a toned chest and muscular arms under me. Suddenly, I felt broad hands slither up my waist, inching up my back. The tingling sensation remained on my skin, causing me to shiver in pleasure. My pupils dilated as the sweet scent of life invaded my nostrils. I jumped off the guy when the lights flicked on. I just caught a glimpse of him, he had dark raven black hair, and his eyes were cerulean blue. They reminded me of the Atlantic ocean, with it's dark, deep blue waters. His skin was fair, compared to my sun kissed skin, and his white shirt stood out compared to his dark facial features. The light casted shadows on his angular face, with his high, sharp cheek bones and tousled sleek hair. I turned around quickly to see my dad stand in the door way rubbing his eyes.

"Alpha, you alright? I heard something." he blinked a couple of times and moved to the side to look into my room. I panicked and turned to see the hot mysterious guy disappear, leaving no trace of his existence. I scratched my head in confusion, turning back to my dad, one of his eyebrows raised as he looked at the fallen lamp and back at me.

"You can buy a new one. If you had had your light on in the first place, this wouldn't of happened," he gave a hearty chuckle and just shook his head, "Get it cleaned up and go to bed, you've got school in the morning." with that he turned and shut the door behind him.

I walked over to the mess and cleaned it up, making sure I swept up all the little shards. I quickly pulled on my clothes and jumped in bed, and within minutes I felt my consciousness fade, as I drifted heavily into sleep.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I was slammed back into my body, my dream blurred out of view as reality hit me.

BEEP.

I turned to my other side and pulled the covers over my head.

BEEP.

I turned again to my other side, wanting to get a little more sleep before I went to college.

BEEP.

Unable to sleep again, I threw the covers off of me and grabbed the alarm, throwing it at the wall. The sound of shattering plastic sounded like rain tapping on the window. I groaned as I remembered I had to buy a new lamp already, and now I needed to add an alarm clock to the list. Cursing under my breath, I slumped to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Since I never ate breakfast, I just brushed my teeth and got dressed and left. I'm one of those people that prefer sleep over food, which means missing out on breakfast equals more sleep. After I washed my face, I felt more refreshed and awake.

Making my way to my wardrobe, I scavenged around to look for some clothing. I heard a slight snort as I skimmed through some of the t-shirts and the ripped jeans I had. My hands stopped unwillingly over the denim shorts that rose up to my waist. Jess had pressured me in buying these high waisted shorts last summer, but I never wore them. Pulling them out, I threw them on my bed and searched for a top. Again, my hands stopped on a navy and white horizontal striped tank top. I put the clothing on and tucked the edges of the tank top into my shorts. I looked into the mirror. The top half was loose, while the shorts clung to my hips, revealing my curves. I gasped in amazement. It was so weird how different clothes looked on different body figures. I took a quick glance out of the window to see today was cloudy, so I grabbed my leather jacket from behind the door and pulled on a pair of my second favourite trainers: purple, white and black Nike high tops.

Rushing down the stairs, I quickly made my way to the door and shouted goodbye to my dad. I rounded the corner when I saw the bus coming up the street, and sprinted to the bus stop as fast as I could. I made it with seconds to spare, as I was still unaware of the new powers I had. The bus stopped when I waved, and I pressed my bus card to the machine. With that, I made my to the back of the bus and waited for my stop. I pulled out my iPod, and plugged the earphones into my ears, going through my playlist. After several songs, the college came into view, and as reached I for the bell, my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Ava, are you here?" the very familiar high toned voice chirped back.

"Yeah, I'm fit for it so I came. Shall I meet you at the fountain?" Jess said yes and with that we hung up.

I made my way to the front of the bus. I thanked the bus driver when I went off and made my way up the stairs. Today was rather humid and muggy, so I pulled off my leather jacket and draped it over my arm. I heard many whispers around me, some people were glaring and most of the boys seemed to be practically eye fucking me on the spot. Which made me really uncomfortable. I reached the top of the stairs to see Jess's blond bob. I waved at her but she just ignored me. I dropped my hand awkwardly and made my way towards her.

"Hey, Jess!" I greeted with a smile, she looked up confused and questioned: "Err, do I know you?"

I was taken aback by this and laughed unecessarily hard. She looked at me as if I was crazy, and when I finally stopped I replied "Stupid ass, it's me, Ava."

Her eyes widened "Ava?!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my fellow bubz and bubbettes here is the next chapter ^__^ hope you like and THANK YOU FOR READING you guys make my day!! -zoe

^what does that even mean? bubzzzz. o.e -helena.