▼Chapter Six - Others.

Chapter Six.

Mystery Guy's POV:

I watched, as she slowly absorbed the shallow idiot's life. He seemed so high on ecstasy. I scoffed at how he slumped away, he didn't even know what had happened to him. I saw Ava watch hungrily as he made his way out to his next class, and I felt my cheeks heat up as I recollected the events that occured last night, when she attacked me in only her towel...I had to admit, she was fast and swift, I really miscalculated how strong she was. This may become interesting, will this girl be the one to tame the beast inside of me? Probably not, who was I kidding? All the other girls had failed. Her aura gave off a honey-like glow that radiated like the sun, it sure as hell was bright, and it wouldn't be long until the others find her. Now, I couldn't wait for that.

Ava's POV:

I couldn't help but stare, as Aaron escaped my clutches.

'Are you trying to get caught by the others?' Eliza hissed in my mind.

What others? I thought back.

'You're not the only one who is like this, you know, and there are rules.' She statec calmly. Her tone was brittle, as if trying to explain to a child. 'We already caused one death, please refrain yourself from causing another.'

Holy shit, did I nearly kill Aaron? I was shocked, I didn't even know how to control myself, or even know how to stop. I was just...hungry.

'You'll have plenty of time to practice, when you find another Renaissance. You can't really physically kill them, you can only drain them...but they can stop you. So it will be good practice. Also you have many skills to learn, like how to sense the others.'

Well, when can I meet them? I asked, hopeful.

'They find you, my child. They'll find you.' with that I felt a eerie silence and I heard a faint chuckle enter the back of my mind.

--

I still felt empty as I arrived late for my next class, knocking lightly and entering quietly. Despite how tacitly I entered, I received a couple of confused looks and people began whispering to one another.

''Excuse me, Miss, are you new?'' Mr. Smeeth asked. Are you kidding? How fucking cliche is this? It took me many attempts not the laugh in his face.

"Sorry I'm late Sir, I had basketball practice, and the games are coming soon." I gave him the most apologetic look I could muster. His face brightened as he realized who it was. He knew the only female on the team was me.

"My apologies, Ava, I didn't recognise you." he shifted in his seat and readjusted his tie.

I heard the some people gasp when my name left his lips. This was seriously getting annoying. I made my way towards the back, since my seat was taken. I didn't really sit at the back since Stacey and her crew sat there, and not to mention Aaron and Aiden. Oh the joy, I was going to have so much fun. Note the sarcasm, please. As I made my way to the only seat left in the classroom, I felt the stares of the students shift from me to Stacey.

"This seat is taken!" Stacey's nasally voice broke the silence in the classroom, I was confused about what she was talking about, when I saw that she rested her feet on the seat of the unoccupied chair in front of her. That bitch. Her friends snickered at me, when I saw Aiden get up from his seat and gathered his things.

"Here, Ava, you can sit in mine." he gave a apologetic smile. I returned the smile and sat in his seat, and out of the corner of my eye I saw Aiden shove Stacey's feet off of the chair on the and sit down. Someone cleared their throat on my right, and curiously, I turned and saw Aaron wink at me.

Shit, maybe I should've refused Aiden's kind offer. After that, Mr. Smeeth continued his presentation about animal cells and plant cells in this boring biology class. I began to doze off from exhaustion, when I felt something hit the back of my head. I looked around and saw a rather...angry Stacey glaring at me. I just ignored her and planted my head on the desk and closed my eyes. I was feeling rather peaceful, until I got a strange premonition that something was going to hit me again.

On impulse, my hand shot up and caught the flying object that was coming straight towards my head, eyes still closed. I felt the object, which I realized was another crumpled paper ball. I threw the paper ball without moving a inch in my seat, and heard a slight rustle. I grinned to myself, knowing I aimed it perfectly into the wastebasket. I imagined the whole room in my mind when I threw it, giving me perfect aim and precision. I was about to doze off again when a discrete "nice" came from my left.

I looked up in time to see Stacey smack the back of Aiden's head and sit back down in her seat, looking rather embarrassed. I managed to have a twenty minute nap when the bell broke through the hallway and class was dismissed. I quickly gathered my things, and set my target on the exit. I was the first out of the class, and I had decided to go to the fountain in the quad where I usually met Jess, so we could hang before our next lesson. Picking up speed so the two idiots wouldn't have a chance to talk to me again, I made a sharp turn around the corner.

To my intense surprise, I ran face first into something utterly hard, causing me to stumble backwards and land on the floor. I rubbed my nose, and a small tear escaped my eye. Feeling better after rubbing the pain away, I looked up to see what I had ran into, or, more specifically, whom, and my eyes met the ocean deep eyes that haunted me from last night.

His smirk grew wider as he lowered toward me an outstretched hand. I hesitated, but accepted. He swiftly hauled me up and stood closer to me, our chests barely touching, as I felt his cold fingers wrap around mine and his even breath fan across my face.

"Hello, Ava, and welcome to our world.''