I don't Mate with Jerks

By KC-Blares

KC Blarez has been harassed, bullied, and picked on for as long as she could remember. When she moves away fo... More

Hunted becomes the Huntress
Chapter 2 ~ Memories Burn
Chapter 3 ~ Wolves Never Forget
Chapter 4 ~ Rumors die, but Haunt for Eternity
Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary
Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes
Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds
Chapter 8 ~ Surviving Friends, Enemies, and Crushes
Chapter 9 ~ Off the Line
Chapter 10 ~ How very Housewarming...
Chapter 11 ~ Unknown Species
Chapter 12 ~ My Oh My
Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha
Chapter 14 ~ The big 1-8. Wassup Alpha Mate?
Chapter 15 ~ Sugar, Spice, a whole lot of Spite
Chapter 16 ~ No, I'm not Famous
Chapter 17 ~ Furry Love, Smooth Hate
Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged
Chapter 19 ~ Toys and Games
Chapter 20 ~ Kick butt Talent
Chapter 21 ~ Claws and Dresses
Chapter 22 ~ Swiping the Cards
Chapter 23 ~ Seductresses
Chapter 24 ~ Some Hearts still Beat
Chapter 25 ~ Part of Me
Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night
Chapter 27 ~ Just another Global Crisis
Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction
Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God
Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark
Chapter 32 ~ The Cards are Scattered
Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night
Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf
Chapter 35 ~ Tame the Bloody Flame
Chapter 36 ~ Rest in Shackles
Chapter 37 ~ Six feet of Hell
Chapter 38 ~ The Red Ace
Chapter 39 ~ Bloody Dice
Chapter 40 ~ Crimson Poker Table
Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake
Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen
Chapter 43 ~ Impossibly Possible
Chapter 44 ~ Stitch my Heart
Epilogue

Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass

318K 8.5K 699
By KC-Blares

It’s getting close!!! Hehe!

 PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!

(Also, quick note, if you’re into werewolf, historical fiction, or criminal stories please check out a few of my stories at Shame_on_you ‘s account! It’d mean a whole lot J )

~KC Blares

*******************************************************

Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass

Damon’s P.O.V.

The days seemed to be flying by. Before I knew it, it was Thursday night and the day before the dance. Like I could forget about that stupid thing. Crystal wouldn’t shut the freak up about it! One second she’d be talking about her “amazing” dress and the next pushing me to be the perfect date and stupid “King.” I was seconds away from breaking up with her, but I figured she still served her purpose in making KC jealous as heck.

Not that rejecting her was becoming any easier. In fact, it was getting all that much harder to control my wolf. Day by day, he was getting closer to the surface and the day he’d break free would be the biggest regret of my life.

“You have to wear a red tie or bow tie to match my dress,” Crystal demanded, throwing a tux across my bed. I growled at it in disapproval. What makes this lower female wolf think that she could boss me around? If I wanted to wear my freaking boxers to the dance I could! I’m sure KC wouldn’t give a damn what her date would be wearing.

Damn! I was barely able to keep her out of my freaking mind anymore. Daily, I’d think about her. I was about to knock my head against a boulder if she kept occurring in my thoughts. It was driving me crazy.

“And your hair can’t be wild and bed-headed like it always is,” Crystal babbled on, counting off on her fingers the list of things that will meet her expectation. The girl was hot, but she was crazy. Even a human girl sounded a bit more satisfying right about then.

“And don’t even get me started on your shoes,” she exclaimed, throwing her hands up. She pursed her hot pink lips as she ran a hand through her long, neatly kept hair. I was hoping she was finally done with her rant and was going to run off, but instead she smiled slyly. I mentally sighed, knowing that lustful look and most certainly not in the mood to invite her into bed.

“If that’s too much to handle, baby, I could always give a helping hand,” she purred as she sat on my lap, snaking her slim arms around my neck. Her short floral skirt hitched up a bit and it almost burned my wolf to be in the close embrace of a female not my mate. I kept my face emotionless, just staring at her as she looked up with me with flirtatious eyes. I placed my hands firmly on her hips and I saw her eyes light up until I gently pushed her off, watching her jaw slightly drop.

“I’ll pick you up around seven-thirty,” I stated flatly, standing and walking into the bathroom, expecting her to get the sign that I wanted her to leave. I heard the door to my room close and let out a sigh of relief. I thought Alpha was being hard. Turns out trying to make your hated mate jealous is even harder.

In the mirror I noticed the swelling and scabbing had almost vanished from view around my neck, a little redness lingering. About time I was almost completely healed; I was sick and tired of people asking me what had happened. I had to lie and say my neighbor’s dog attacked me. But I guess in some retrospect, it’s not a total lie.

A wild howl suddenly made my body stiffen, my fists clenching by my sides. It was high yet threatening, certainly not a call from my pack. I stormed out of the bathroom and ran to the window, staring out over the forest. My teeth were clenched tightly together and I couldn’t fight back the feral growl that was spilling from my lips. The rogues were close and they were stating their presence on my territory. They were calling for a fight.

Well then, come and get me.

KC’s P.O.V.  

“Silver eye shadow,” Maggie stated with confidence in her voice. I raised an eyebrow at her while crossing my arms in front of my chest, shifting my gaze to Amber to see her nodding in sure agreement.

“But no lipstick,” I replied indifferently to her, watching her shoulders slightly drop.

“But…”

“Ah! No buts! You make me wear eye shadow, I can do without the lipstick,” I said, pleased that Danica and Ali had half-shrugged in agreement with me.

“Fine, but you’ll wear the heels right?” Amber held up the silver, gem-encrusted heels. I released a small moan.

“Why can’t I wear my converse?” Sure, they didn’t look amazing with my dress, but at least I could dance in them. And maybe kick Damon in the groin without stubbing me two. I mean, if I needed to.

“Oh, don’t even go there,” Maggie grimaced, shaking her finger at me. “These heels or you can just go barefoot,” she said sarcastically, but barefoot is always fun.

“Well, now that that option has been placed on the table…”

“Never mind!” Maggie yelled. “You’re wearing the heels, end of discussion.” I laughed, running a hand through my hair. Well, it was worth a shot.

“Yessir,” I joked, giving her a mock salute.

“Ali, you must wear the purple eye shadow!” Amber grinned with excitement, tossing the little compact at Ali. The tom-boyish girl jumped back away from it like it was a grenade.

“Hey! Let’s just be glad you got me to wear a dress and those bloody heels! But absolutely no makeup!” she defied, waving her hands out in front of her to dismiss the thought.

“Fine,” Amber groaned, grabbing the eye shadow from the floor and placing it back on her vanity.

“Lucky,” I muttered to Ali, envying the fact she’s got no one to try to tease and drive to hell. If Damon wasn’t around, I would gladly be going to the dance in a pair of jeans and a leather jacket, combat boots on my feet instead of those death traps.

“Hey, I’m not the one running for Queen,” she smirked, forcing me to roll my eyes in frustration.

“I swear to the freaking moon, if one you says ‘Queen’ one more time I will wring your necks,” I threatened, not sure whether it was exactly empty or not. Something told me that I would lose it however if that word popped up again.

“QUEEN!” My four friends screamed in unison, huge smiles on each of their faces. I growled, lunging for Maggie and tackling her to the ground. I growled playfully as I got my arm tightly around her neck from behind, using my other arm to twist her arm far behind her.

“I warned you didn’t I?” I hissed, watching Ali, Danica, and Amber laugh their heads off, Amber on the floor with her arm held to her stomach.

“Oh you…” Maggie began but then the door flew open and everyone glanced back to see Dan standing in the door way, his eyebrows furrowing to see Maggie and I wrestling on the floor.

“Do I even want to know what the hell is going on here?” he asked warily, raising one eyebrow. The four of us stared at him blankly for a moment before bursting out with laughter, my arms trembling so much I couldn’t keep my grip on Maggie and we both rolled away from each other, unable to stop laughing.

“Sometimes I seriously question why I’m friends with you guys,” Dan sighed as he walked over to the bed and fell back onto his butt, staring down at Amber as she was practically laughing her lungs out on the floor.

“Because you love us,” Danica was able to spit out between cackles. Dan just sighed, shaking his head and resting it in his knuckles, his eyes watching us continue our laughing fest.

It all came to a dead silence, however, when a howl ripped through the comical air, sending a tremor through my body. Dan shot up from the bed and was out the door in a flash.

“That wasn’t…” Dan hushed Ali as we ran out into the hallway to see him standing out on the balcony, pointing his index finger up to command silence. It was as though everyone had stopped breathing, listening intently in the cool evening air.

“Rogues. They’ll be coming any day now,” Dan snarled grimly, his gaze still fixed on the trees. Amber moved closer to him while the rest of us stood statue still, almost fearing their arrival.

“Why would they be warning us?” Maggie questioned. “Why not plan a surprise attack?”

“Because they want a fight. It’s not about the body count, it’s the battle they want,” I answered, my hands tightly gripping the railing. What else could be the reason of their warning? They want it to be a blood bath.

But here’s where they’re wrong; it’ll be their blood that’s spilt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 384 33
Being in High School, SUCKS! Being a werewolf in High School, SUCKS! But being forced as the next Alpha King's mate, (who is the king of the asshole...
55 13 9
Cass is a normal She-Wolf. Except that she has not found her mate three months after her eighteenth birthday. There's this guy... Tall, handsome, the...
2.5M 64.7K 38
(Old description got somehow deleted.This is a new shorter description but the story is not changed!) ⚠⚠WARNING BEFORE YOU READ: I WROTE THIS BACK WH...
5.3K 114 14
She is a rogue on the run from her old abusive pack and she lives for freedom. He is a possessive Alpha of the most respected and the strongest pack...