A Lion For A Lion

By writergirl4life19

"When are you from?" "When?" Maybe he'd made a mistake. He had to have meant "where". Right? "Yes, "when"... More

Author's Note
Achievements
Prologue
Chapter 1- New World
Chapter 2-Training
Chapter 3-Awkward Encounter
Chapter 4-Catharsis
Chapter 5-Staying Alive
Chapter 6- Veera
Chapter 7- Paradise
Chapter 9-Surprise
Chapter 10-Lion
Chapter 11- Hero
Chapter 12- Passion
Chapter 13-Stars
Chapter 14 -Night Tales
Chapter 15-Wake Up
Chapter 16-Triangle
Chapter 17- Circus
Chapter 18-Lovers
Chapter 19- Breakfast
Chapter 20-Tied Down
Chapter 21 - War
Chapter 22- Blood Bath.
Chapter 23 - Who's your Daddy?
Chapter 24-Control
Chapter 25-Momster
Chapter 26-Do Not Go Gentle
Epilogue
Cast and Graphics
Author's Playlist
Karnoi Character Quiz!
Coming Soon!
Final Author's Note

Chapter 8-Family

45 10 14
By writergirl4life19

Pacem was upset with me.

Ordinarily I would have ignored it, but she had a ghastly expression on her face that was hard to look past. She wasn't a very trusting girl.

"I've explained to you several times. I wasn't using you. I was simply finding us a home."

I knew they'd never let me through the tunnel of the amphitheatre without something to give them.

I'd tried it before and I'd never seen inside but now- because I had Pacem- it could be our home too.

I did, however, understand why she was feeling slightly impatient. The sun was beginning to set and no one had come for us in hours.

We'd been pushed through the tunnels and abandoned in an empty shack which they obviously used to hold unwanted guests.

"It's a cult, Malvin." Pacem moaned.

She'd been lying on the floor complaining of a headache but she sat up slightly in effort to get her message across.

"So?" I asked.

"So?"

Apparently that was the wrong thing to say.

"Malvin, cults are for weak people who are stupid enough to lose all their money."

"We don't have any money."

"But we have a lot to lose." She raised her tone. "Like our dignity."

A giggle slipped out my mouth.

"Is something funny to you?" she refuted. "Those people out there are strangers. They were going to shoot us!"

Pacem was still whining about the gun they'd held to her head earlier. If I took offense to everyone who held a gun to my head- I'd be grumpy all the time.

"I already knew what would happen, that's why I brought you here in the first place. I had to give them something they wanted."

I saw the look on Pacem's face and immediately fumbled to cure it. "I didn't mean it like that... I needed you. I still need you, Pacem."

"Well then, you need me to tell you to get the hell out of here before those freaks take advantage of you." She shook her head. "I'm out, Malvin."

I carefully placed my hands on my hips.

"And where are you planning to go? Is Dorothy on her way back to the Evil Queen?"

Pacem had a look of guilt on her face and suddenly I understood her eagerness to leave.

"Jake Maxwell is not on your side, Pacem."

"I know." Her cheeks turned a peculiar colour of red. "I just... What do you think Alluna will do to him? He was supposed to bring me back to her."

"She might give him a whack and send him to his room but I think he can handle the punishment. You are not responsible for anything that happens to him."

She couldn't respond because an eager young man burst through the doors.

"Welcome!"

How ridiculous.
I laughed.

He didn't look much older than Pacem. His pants were too tight for him and his black hair was slicked back with gel. This child is not what I'd been expecting.

"My name is Jeremiah. It's such a pleasure to meet you both." He walked up to Pacem and kissed her hand.

She peered at me but then her gaze fixed on the yellowy-orange glow in Jeremiah's eyes. I was mesmerized by the situation and Jeremiah shared my amazement.

"Thank you for bringing her to us, Malvin," he whispered.

Pacem immediately protested "We're not staying long. I-"

"Nonsense! You're one of us now, both of you."

I smiled.

I knew they'd accept me. I knew if they just gave them a gift that they'd look past my imperfections. Jeremiah had suddenly focused his attention on Pacem's podium. When she noticed his gaze, she seemed to hold on a little tighter.

"Let me guess," Pacem began. "You expect people to give up all their 'worldly processions' when they get here?"

"Don't be ridiculous," Jeremiah said. "Most people grow up here. This is a safe-haven for people like us to live in harmony. We aren't a cult, Miss Creed."

Pacem headed for the door. "Then we can come and go as we please?"

"I would strongly advise against you leaving, Pacem. It's not safe alone in the woods and it's already starting to get dark."

"I'll take my chances," she said.

I had to stop her.
She couldn't leave.

"Pacem." He pouted. "Please stay with me."

She looked frustrated.

I could tell some part of her wanted to stay. It was just her lack of trust that was stopping her. Well... and her drive to find the boy.

"Pacem." I looked her right in the eyes. "You're my family."

Her expression was stern. "Then follow me out of this place, Malvin."

Once again the young conversationalist intruded on our privacy.

"Miss Creed, I don't think you understand how special you are."

"Save it." She rolled her eyes.

"Have you looked in the mirror lately? Have you seen your eyes?

"No." Suddenly Pacem went extremely pale.

She may not have looked at her reflection, but she must have known what we were both staring at so intensely. She was just too afraid to face the truth.

Jeremiah pulled out a plain square mirror from the unfortunate man-bag on his side. Pacem stared into it, frozen, as she faced what she'd known had been there all along.

Her eyes were red.

Blood red.

Okay that's weird....

Any thoughts on what that means for Pacem?
PS: You're AMAZING!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111 17 15
Follow as these young people embark on a transformation from High School to the Real World (Which is ironic because this is a fictional book). They l...
1.3K 246 15
You find yourself neglected as a human citizen of the world. No one likes to talk to you and often turn away under the excuse of being an abnormal w...
11.8K 761 29
Wattpad Exclusive! Nearly beaten to death, a man wakes up in a place he does not know. Neither can he remember how he even ended up there. Waking up...
3.9K 812 46
Two different people. Two different intentions. At last, changed. Faraway in the universe existed a planet called Hesy. The heir to the throne, Litwi...