Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Harry PoV
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter

chapter 41

731 24 27
By syedaaliya

"Harry, what's wrong?" I asked him when he didn't said a word until we reached his work room, he lit many other candles bringing the dim lit room to much more life.

"You were right, I didn't kill Jose. I miscalculated the step. I could have saved him if I saw this earlier. But I am not gonna repeat the same mistake. I never repeats the same mistake twice" He said brightly.

Harry moved to the completed soft board the board where the boy who died case was displaced. I suppose his name is Jose. He moved closer to the board and picked up files which were opened.

"You see this, this was the last location we traced of Jose kidnapper's before losing there track for good. It was in the central London. They kept hidding there just shifting to few blocks further away. They left this clue, I saw this but couldn't place a hand on it" he muttered clenching his jaws.

He turned and took a long strides to the other half of the room dragging me with him, he didn't left my hand. He stood in front of the same soft board which was incomplete with lose threads hanging. He placed a finger showing the map, looking closely I saw a huge map of London city beneath all the treads and notes.

"These sick bastards are playing the same way. Thinking I will lose again." He let go of my hand and ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"There has been another kidnap?" I asked him horridly.

He looked at me and shook his head. "No! But I have kept tracking them even after years of it." He said.

I took a deep sigh "Thank goodness, for that" I said loudly.

"Yes. Thank god for that" He meekly repeated my words. Averting his eyes.

A small smile made way to my lips, seeing him acting normal. Not normal atleast he isn't shouting at me anymore. Looks like water is under the bridge.

Looking around I took in the view of the room, it was oddly very attractive to me. Brushing my hair my eyes landed on my watch it showed 'Two AM' my eyes winded and I shrieked alarming a lost in thoughts Harry.

"What happened? Are you alright" He asked scanning me and my surroundings.

"I...I just looked at my watch. It's 2 am" I said lamely. Laughing awkwardly. I definitely overstayed my due.

He stood still for a moment and immediately started to apologise "I am sorry to waste your time, and to destroy your plans" He said sincerely. I parted my lips open. How did he know about my plans.

"You look well dressed, it's easy to guess" He clarified.

I fake smiled at him, he is such an keen observer. I almost rolled my eyes.

After few tense silent minutes I cleared my throat. "I should leave now, it's late" I said slowly.

After a beat he responded "of course" collecting my bag and coat also my umbrella we walked till his main door. As soon as he clicked open the door. Wosh of strong wind knocked us down with heavy fat drops of water. Damn it! It was still wildly raining cats and dogs. Harry quickly closed the door shut. In few seconds it nearly drenched us.

No way in hell I can leave in this bad weather. Seem like he was thinking the same. "You should probably wait, till it slow down or stops"

"Yeah" I tiredly replied him, he walked ahead and I followed him, this time he took us into another room, which was not covered with soft boards or desks or cabins which looked like an working office.

It looked like a room which belongs in cozy houses. Three different styled luxuriously sofas were causally placed around, a huge U shape white sofa, following a two seater and a average normal sofa were placed in circles and in the middle a classic bornfire. I approve of this room. It was really beautiful.

"Why don't you take a seat. I will bring you a cup of coffee" Harry said quickly and dashed of the room before I could stop him. Now he wants to be the perfect host. I snorted at that thought.

Since he left the room, I took the liberty to explore the room. Round and round I went and found nothing​. It was bare, empty apart from the sofas and bornfire nothing was held in the room. This is some weird house. Or may be Harry made it more weird in years.. it's screaming help. It's dying. It needs life! Some colour, something warm.

Why do I care, I bumped on the white big arse sofa and spread my legs on it. It was plump and comfy. Atleast it looked what it really is. Beautiful! Man I'm tired. When will this rain stop. I want to go home.

Bryan is going to kill me, and Sara. Oh god.! If they both survives the night. A low key chuckled escaped when I thought about there fascinating evening together. Well, how ever amazing it may be. It can't beat the drama of my night. I totally steal the show.

My happy mood turned bitter when I thought about the events of the night. He really did suffer a lot. Harry. The more I thought about his turmoil the more my heart clenched, my head felt heavy and my eyes flutter, a number pain being to settle behind my eyes begging to be closed. It will stop raining soon, I kept repeating.

*******

I pulled my legs up and snuggled, pulling the soft material firmly around, it smelled fresh and nice. But it wasn't familiar. Moving my head I adjusted my pillow. Soft and fresh. Again not familiar. Turning on the other side, the bed shifted beneath my weight. I took a deep sigh.

My eyes opened in one quick flash. I was not in my bed or in my room. I slept over, memories of last night greeted me again and I srunched my face. The stupid rain! I look at the comforter and pillow, he must have covered me in, wiggling my toes, I gasped. He took my sandles off too. Picking inside the covers I saw my naked feet. That was sweet of him,but totally unnecessary. I heard footsteps approaching, feeling panicked I closed my eyes and turned my back to the door. They stopped near the sofa and I heard again the hill of his shoes retreating back.

"Kreacher, Miss Weasley is still asleep in lounge area. Let her sleep sound. Make her some breakfast, make sure she eats before she leaves" Harry said.

I hold my breath, yes. He is leaving, I will continue to act asleep till he leaves. Then I will rush and avoide him for good few days. (Nice plan)

"Yes, master. Kreacher attends the unworthy guest" kreacher galled distastefully.

"I shall hear no complaints, you will behave properly, when I leave." Harry commanded his elf.

I heard him muttering under his breath and I remembered the awful elf of his. He creeps the hell out of me and I can not stand in his presence alone. Time to shine.

"Morning!" I said quickly throwing the blanket away and standing on my feet. There were not in this room. I felt like an Moron. Looking for my abandoned sandles they were kept near the sofa, I put them back on took my bag and ran out to collide with Harry's back.

He was pushed slightly ahead and he turned swiftly to balance me.

"You are awake." Harry said, keeping me from falling, once I saw steady again he let go of me.

I took in his appearance, big mistake. Shouldn't have. He looked a new Harry nothing like last night, where he looked shabby and uncleaned dressed in black.

Now, his hair were gelled and styled back, he wore a crisp white shirt with black trousers, paired with black neat polised shoes. They shinned like mirror. Clean shaved. His eyes looked bright, not baggy. I sucked a deep breath and where was I?

"Good. Let's have some breakfast." Harry said again. I blinked. Breakfast? That means more staying with him, spending more time in his company isn't well for me, I shook my head as a no. He took it as a yes.

"Kreacher, place two plates" Harry ordered the elf.

"No need. I should really go, thanks for the offer" I said.

"Ginny" Harry started talking "can we keep things, things what happened last night aside and just be normal again" he might look sobered up but he still look tired and bothered, not trying to push it further I decided to let it go.

"What are you talking about?" I smiled sheepishly at him clearing his doubts.

"Let's eat" He gave me a small smile, and started walking leading us to the kitchen.

"I hope it's not raining again" I sighed walking in kitchen with him, the dinning area was connected to the kitchen but also in a way separate. It had a beautiful huge dinning table dark mahogany with twelve seats, I took the center one . A huge chandelier hanged on the center, a very classic piece.

"Yes, it stopped raining after you slept. But the weather is still bad. It can start raining again" Harry replied, he went to bring us coffee. Placing it on my side he took his seat opposite to me.

I took a sip and it was delicious, the way I take it. One spoon sugar and few drops okay a bit more cream. "You made it the way I like it. How did you know?"

"I made it the way I make it for Ron, lucky guess" Harry said. Ron I wrinkled my nose. A low chuckle escaped Harry's mouth and I looked at him furrowing "You both are very much alike, than you care to think"Harry replied amused.

I rolled my eyes, Eyeing the room for more details I started looking around. This room was particularly again empty. Either he removed much stuff or it was given to him this way, because I remembered this house packed with antiques and collectibles.

"Breakfast master" kreacher put a plate infront of Harry first, then he came around placing my plate too.

"Thank you" I said kindly and the elf went without replying. He sure is a fan of me.

We ate in comfortable silence, after the plates were cleared we sat now, awkwardly. "I'll escort you out" Harry stood and I followed his command.

Clearing his throat when we almost reached the door I heard him say " I may have crossed a line, I would like to apologise" I shook my head in disapproval.

"I found a closuer to the case last night, I may finally be able to give some justice to Jose parents. I reponed his case not to get lost in it. But to finally solve it. I will finish it this time" Harry said. His voice went hoarse in the end and I had felt compassion for him.

On impulse I went to embrace him in one quick hug without thinking much, when I walked closer to him, I did what I never dreamed of doing in lifetime. I swear I went for a friendly sympathy cuddle but that's not my mind decided when my lips landed on his cold. Shocking us both as we both monumentally froze.

My heart stopped beating, as my mind forgot to breath. I closed my eyes before retreating back, back out you fool, back out. My mind screamed at me. But I stood frozen, my lips still locked on his. I looked at his big green eyes wide open before they flutter closed and he parted his lips, ceasing his cold lips with mine.

All rational thoughts were kicked out of my senses when I left his lips moving along with mine, his right hand snaked around my coat settling on my waist firmly holding me close as he gripped my shirt in his hand. His other hand cupped my face and into my hair tilting my head to the right.

I grabbed his face in my hands and back to his neck, moving my hands in his thick hair, shots and shots of electric waves passed through my veins and blood pumped faster in my ear drums. I was lost in his scent and he tasted like coffee. Dark, bitter and sweet all things in one same time.

He broke the kiss as we both ran short of breaths or atleast I thought, he opened his eyes and looked at him, his eyes were glassy and he said what I wished I never hear again "Sorry" I blinked at him as my heart stopped again for whole another reason this time.

"I can't do this, you are my best friends.." His words came short and I pushed myself untangling me from him. Tears swelled up in my eyes and I couldn't believe what I did. His words pierced my heart and I ran, I dint saw anything nor I heard. I ran straight out of his house. Seeing my bike on the ground I picked it up and started paddling it so fast I feared it may break the paddles.

Rain started pouring again and it quickly turned heavy, my vision blurred with mix of water and sweet slaty liquid blend. I saw a bench and stoped my bike, leaving it on the ground. I sat on the bench away from Harry's house and mine.

I cried loudly now, not sobbing but full fledged loud bawling. As none can hear me, or see me. I let my self break this time. I hugged my knees and cried over my stupid feelings, over his rejection, 'why? Why can't I not love him? Why can't I never see pass through him? Why is he always standing in my way? Why and how long?' I shouted and screamed over my own stupid heart. With every scream the rain grew heavier and the thunders oddly comforted me rather than shaking me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 620 23
Muggle Hinny Au "Stop being grumpy on the first day of the Senior year" "I was delighted until you showed up" "C'mon, you couldn't possibly hate me t...
4.9K 152 11
Cover Photo cred goes to Ress_03 or @ress2thousand on IG. Harry and Hermione are in love with each other and everyone knows it...except them. A hopef...
16.2K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
451K 9.6K 39
This is a fanfic about Harry and Ginny, and about their lives, set from 3 years after the war. It contains their engagement, to the wedding, with eve...