Opposite Attractions - KorrAs...

By NataliaBrown_

Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Notice
Chapter Fourty
Author's Note

Chapter Sixteen

4.3K 119 191
By NataliaBrown_

Korra's POV

"I'm sorry," Asami hesitated. Her gaze shifted from my eyes to the ground. "For not going with you to the police station." 

I could sense that there was something she wasn't telling me. I didn't want to pressure her to, but as her best friend for 5 years, I thought she would've trusted me enough. 

"It's fine. I get it. You were sick." I said abruptly. I didn't think I would be that annoyed, but the tone I had in my voice was too obvious and Asami noticed. 

I dismissed her glare, and kept walking towards Biology. One of the very few classes I loved and didn't have with Asami. All day, she has been hinting that she wanted to talk to me, but only worked up the courage now to say anything. 

I walked towards the other direction, and I could feel Asami gawking at me. To be honest, I was too upset to care.

Unfortunately for me though, Bolin was also in Biology with me. We collided with each other at the entrance of the classroom, because he was so eager to see me. His face was plastered with that adorable smirk of his, and even though I wanted to hate him, I didn't. 

His gaze fell past my shoulder and I could tell he was staring at Asami, even though I couldn't see. His pale complexion and the empathetic look in his eyes gave him away. 

He was about to open his mouth, but I cut him off by walking past him, and taking a seat at my desk, a few rows away from his. 

Biology class went by as the time passed and not a single hint of today's topic remained in my brain. I spent the whole class wondering about Asami and why she looked so guilty about something. I knew it had something to do with me, as she never hesitated to tell me about anything before. 

I just wished she'd tell me. 

After class ended, I packed my things quickly, but Bolin was faster and he was already waiting for me by the only exit of the room. I sighed and virtually surrendered, while Bolin ran his fingers through his red hair and smirked.

"So, you gonna tell me why you're ignoring your best friend?" Bolin asked, tilting his head to the side. The action was so unlike him, which made me smile a little. 

I sighed the smile away, and returned to pouting at the mention of Asami.

"She's hiding something from me. And I don't like it." I stated bluntly.

"But don't you think you're overreacting?"

I stared at Bolin ferociously, causing him to put his hand up in the air.

"I'm just saying. There were times when you didn't exactly open up to us." Bolin hesitated. I tried to pry my eyes away from him, but he lifted my chin forcing me to gaze into his gorgeous emerald eyes.

"Asami's been really patient with you. Maybe you should do the same."

The bell rang dismissing our classes and lunch rolled in. I took the necessities out of my locker and left the unnecessary inside it. All the thinking I've been doing gave me a pretty big appetite, so I hurried to the cafeteria. When I walked in, I saw the eager eyes of Asami meeting her gaze with mine. She sat beside Bolin at our usual spot.

I tried to bring myself to accept whatever was bothering Asami and just give her time to think. I tried to psych myself to just give her time. But the years I've spent being toyed around and being tormented by the lies of my own parents made it hard. The lies that brought our family apart.

I couldn't handle it, so I rushed out of the cafeteria, while catching a glimpse of the tormented look on my best friend.

****
"We should stop meeting like this." A voice from behind me chimed, making me turn. It was Mako.

No suprise there. I was sitting at his secret smoking spot after all.

I didn't understand why I liked coming to this spot at the back of the school. Maybe it was because it's the only place in the whole school that neither Bolin or Asami know about. It gave me space to think. To clear my head.

Mako let out and audible sigh from behind me, then eventually sat on the bench with me. He took a cigarette out of the packet from his pocket and set it ablaze, taking a long drag and letting it out slowly.

"So what are you doing here?" He asked curiously, but not forcibly. 

"Just came to think." I said bluntly.

"Well thinking's fun n' all, but it gets a little boring if you're the only one doing it." He commented, smirking.

"If you wanna talk, I'll listen." He suggest, making me suspicious. I may be dating his brother, but we never really talked before. He seems nice at first glance but first impressions are never truly right. I mean, no one would mistake him as a smoker as a first impression. 

But as I gazed into his eyes, I saw the same hint of purity, of kindness that I saw in Bolin the first time I met him. The same sparkle that made me fall for his brother.

So I ended up telling him, about the nagging feeling in my gut. About the obvious secret that Asami refuses to tell me. I didn't tell him about the worsening problems I've been having for the past few months. Although I had the feeling that he knew most of my story anyway. Heck the whole town probably knows. 

Once I finished explaining, Mako simply turned to the parking lot and smiled to himself. He was quiet the whole time I was talking. Listening silently and patiently.

"You really care about your friends, don't you? He hesitated. "Especially your best friend, Asami."

"Of course. I care about my friends." I stated, without hesitation.

"Then you should give them time." He responded. "I remember the night I took your best friend home." He shared, which took me back to the time that Mako was all Asami was thinking about.

His grin grew bigger, his eyes sparkling as he thought about it. "Do you know that she talked about you the whole time?" He stated, causing a big smirk to come across my face. He noticed the tiny action and smiled too. 

"She couldn't stop talking about you, and how you were so happy for her." He told me. I couldn't help but feel guilty. Even at a time when she should be happy for herself, Asami thought about me. She saw so much goodness in me. I should've been happy for her too. Instead I was jealous over her date with Mako that night. I let her down, when she needed me most. 

Without warning my eyes began to water. Before I could stop it, tears shed lightly. Mako snapped his attention to me the moment her noticed. He then pulled me into an embrace, letting me rest my head on his shoulders. He had the same aura as Bolin, except the stench of smoke was oozing from his jersey. I thought it would bother me, but surprisingly, it was comforting. 

As if on cue I sobbed into his shoulder. I realised how much of an awful person I've been to Asami and a sheer amount of guilt washed over me. I didn't know if I could forgive myself. I didn't know if Asami would forgive me. I didn't deserve to be forgiven. I let her down. 

But as it dawned on me that I was sobbing into a semi-stranger's shirt, I pushed myself away from his embrace and straightened myself out, wiping away the tears from my face.

"I'm sorry." I said sheepishly. 

"It's okay. I get it." He stated. His eyes full  of compassion. The same one I see in his brother's eyes. 

"I should go." I said, trying not to sound rude. But the sense of determination was overwhelming. I had to apologise to Asami. 

"Thank you."

Mako nodded in agreement, grinning in the process.  

I stood up and dusted myself off. I took a deep breathe and went back inside the school building. I ran back to the cafeteria hoping to catch Asami just before the bell rings to end lunchtime. I needed to hurry. I had to apologise to her.

Once I stood outside the double doors of the cafeteria, I pushed them and looked for Asami through the crowd of busy teenagers going about their normal lunchtime routine. At the far corner if the room, I saw Bolin and Asami together at our usual spot.

They were talking privately and it seemed like Asami was crying. I felt a sharp pang if pain in my chest. Just looking at her so hurt, broke my heart.

I immediately rushed to the table. Bolin saw me just a few seconds before Asami did. She stopped crying in a heartbeat and stared at me, puzzled.

But before she could open her mouth, I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her up with me. The chair she sat on, toppled on the floor, creating a ruckus that the people around us noticed. They stopped everything they were doing and stared. Their eyes followed our every move.

I continued to drag Asami with me as we stormed out of the cafeteria. Once we were outside, I pushed her against the wall around a corner, away from the prying eyes of people that vacated and entered the cafeteria.

I gazed upon her eyes. Eyes that were rosy red from too much crying. Too much inflicted pain. Pain that I caused. Again.

I pulled her by the neck into an embrace. Sobbing as I did. Without hesitation Asami did the same. We cried as we held each other. My heart melted as she held me close, and I could tell it was the same for her.

But then she broke the hug as quickly as I initiated it. She gazed into my eyes, hers full of longing and so much mystery. A mystery I only noticed now.

But then she did something, I never anticipated.

She cupped my cheeks and kissed me. She kissed me so hungrily and passionately. I was taken aback, but to my own surprise I didn't stop her.

I kissed her back, with the same instensity, that I didn't realise I had in me. I wrapped my arms around her neck and lightly tugged on her smooth black hair, which incited a husky moan from her which I unexpectedly enjoyed.

She bit my bottom lip, as if asking for permission. I opened my mouth slightly and she slipped her tounge in. Our tounges danced rhythmically together feverishly.

But the ding of the bell snapped the both of us awake from our breathtaking dream. That was when it hit me.

I kissed my best friend, and I liked it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1K 53
Have you ever been friends with someone since elementary school, until you had to go different ways. Well I did and up until college I thought I woul...
511K 13.4K 38
Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet and befriend the new student at school, so...
41.4K 1K 36
This takes place after korra and Asami's vacation. With both girls in a complicated relationship how does this effect the Avatar (WARNING) THERE WILL...
27.4K 802 37
This is a modern times au where Korra isn't famous but Asami is because she is still rich, and there is no bending. Korra is a traveller will little...