The Guide to Wattpad (& Creat...

By _Sophie_Isobel

Since 2013, this Wattpad Guide has offered writers, just like you, helpful writing tips & techniques, across... More

Welcome to the Community!
Reads: How to get more
Follower Counts Don't Matter: Here's why
Profile: How to format a good one (profile pic, cover photo & bio)
Front Cover
Votes
Title
Story Description
Comments
Wattpad's Reading Algorithm
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar
Naming Characters
Starting a Story
Reads to Votes Ratio
Story Structure
Reading Requests + Promoting Work
Plot Twists
Describing Action Scenes
Hooks
Character Deaths
Rankings and Tags
Rule of Three + Alliteration
Endings
Deleting a Story
Character Interactions
Describing Surroundings
Homonyms (E.g. 'there', 'their' and 'they're'- what's the difference?)
Planning
Developing Relatable Characters
Word Count Goals
Descriptive Writing
Character Design
Pacing
Speech
Filler Chapters (the Con's)
Humour
Upload Schedules
Genre
Author's Notes
Passive and Active Voice
Over/Under Describing
1st, 2nd, 3rd Person; Limited + Omniscient
Top 3 Most Important Writing Tips
Finding Individual Voice
Can you get Paid by Wattpad?
Editing + Re-editing
Word Class
Switching Perspectives
Wattpad Writing Competitions
Character Consistency + Distinctive Traits
Consistency is Key
Synonyms + Antonyms
Consistent Story Voice + Theme/s
Sentence Types
Similes + Metaphors
Protagonist v Antagonist
Sentence Structures
Any Suggestions?

Writers Block: Tips on Getting Inspired Again

13.3K 816 247
By _Sophie_Isobel

Writers block is when your inspiration runs dry and just you just can't think of what to write.

Here's 7 tips to help you overcome writers block and get inspired again:

1) Just don't write: don't just stare at a screen, willing the writing to happen. Take a break (just go outside or take a walk). It could be needed (and taking in your surroundings aid's the description of scenes). There's nothing wrong with leaving your story alone for a while.

2) Write anyway. Even if you don't like what you produce, you can edit it later. Even if you write a good sentence or phrase you could use else ware- it's still useful.

3) Read what you've written so far. Even if you've only written one or two chapters, read through it all. It will most likely get you re-inspired.

4) Have too many chapters you're not happy with? Going back and fully re-editing these chapters of your story that you don't think turned out so great could help.

5) Go back to your initial inspiration for writing that story. An image that looks like a character, object or scene, resemble a characters personality traits or the mood of a chapter. A poem you wrote, a physical place or film. It'll help you to visualise your story again.

6) Writing a little fact file about your characters. I used to use avatar creator apps to have a physical representation of my characters . In your character fact file, you should list traits, motivations Etc. Take a look at my chapter on Character Design and Traits. If your character/s have started feeling alien to you, this could help to humaise them again.

7) Read a professionally written book. For me its like brain fuel for writing. As a writer, reading professional books is so valuable. Reading keeps your imagination going with ideas.

Do you struggle with Writers Block and Lacking Inspiration?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278 8 29
I wrote and read Fanfiction for five years. In these five years, I learned many things. But these is still a lot to learn for me. To celebrate my fiv...
9.3K 203 33
Do you find yourself writing he nodded, she shook her head, he shrugged, over and over again? It gets tedious, and doesn't help at all when it comes...
93.8K 5.6K 15
Your book sucks. There, I said what nobody else has the guts to tell you. But it doesn't have to. Let's you and I take a look at why your book sucks...
2K 263 29
Don't Wattpad alone, Wattpad with me! Wattpad like me! Wattpad better than me!