Friendship on Fire (A Harry P...

By HeartEye121

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except my original characters. Everyone else belongs to J.K... More

Going Back to Hogwarts
The Announcement
The Arrival
The Triwizard Champions
Talking with Max
My Deal with Darren
The Daily Prophet
The Hogsmeade Trip
Werewolves
The First Task
Possible Dates
Dresses and Dates
Dance Lessons
The Yule Ball
Telling Paige
The Forbidden Forest
Kappas
The Second Task
A Moment Alone
A Day of Tears
The Last Task

Happy Birthday

1.2K 38 2
By HeartEye121

Happy Birthday

I woke up on November fourth by Melinda jumping onto my bed and saying happy birthday to me. Yes, it was now my birthday and I was now sixteen and all I wanted was for Max’s name to be uncalled from the Tournament. I faked a smile as I sat up and she hugged me. Our roommates were still asleep and I saw the clock said four a.m. I sighed and looked back at her.

“Bloody hell, Mel. You couldn’t wait until the alarm went off?” I asked.

“No. This is a good day.” She cheered and wrapped her arms around me. “You’re sixteen!”

“Blimey, Melinda, can it. Some of us are trying to get some sleep.” Rebecca complained and covered her head with her pillow.

“Come on. Let’s get dressed and leave so we don’t bother them.” I said and we both got up. 

After we got our robes on, we went down to the common room and found Max asleep on the couch. He had a book of beasts by him and a letter in his hand. I smiled as I sat on the table by him and touched his arm. He quickly opened his eyes and he looked at me. I laughed softly and said, “Good morning.”

“Morning?” He asked and sat up. “It’s morning already?”

I nodded. “It’s four fifteen. Why did you fall asleep out here?”

“Well, I was reading about trolls and then got a letter from Harry and just fell asleep between reading both of them.”

“What did Harry say?”

“He just gave some advice about going through tasks and how to stay alive.” He stretched then smiled. “Happy birthday.”

I smiled. “Thanks.”

“Remind me to never be around when it’s only you to up.” Melinda said and we looked up at her. “You guys sure know how to make someone feel like a third wheel.”

“Sorry Mel.” Max said and stood up. “You can have her back. I’m gonna change into my robes.” He grabbed his book and shoved his letter in his pocket then looked down at me. “Don’t do anything tonight. Just come straight here after dinner.”

I smiled. “There’s gonna be a party, isn’t there?”

He shrugged. “Guess you’ll have to come and find out.” He walked up the stairs to his dorm.

I looked at Melinda. “Who planned the party?”

“Me and Max.” She said as she sat on the couch. “It was his idea though. I had to remind him it was Fred’s birthday as well.”

I laughed. “I can’t believe he planned a party with the Tournament stuff he’s been doing.” My smile faded as I thought about it. “The first task is only twenty days away and he still doesn’t know what the task is.”

“He’ll figure it out and he’ll be fine. You should know that more than anyone that he’s a strong person.”

“Yeah but I can’t help but worry.”

“Because you love him.”

I glared at her. “Watch what you’re saying. You don’t know who could be listening in.”

She rolled her eyes. “But you should tell him. He could feel the same way.”

“Or he couldn’t and we’d be awkward friends then not friend at all. That’s not a risk I’m willing to take.”

“But what if it’s not like that and he does like you too? You guys could be happy together.”

“And then he could die in the Tournament. That’d be great.”

She shook her head. “You are the most pessimistic person I know.”

“Same here.” Max said as he appeared in the room again now in his robes.

“Sorry I state what could happen.” I said as he sat down on the couch by Melinda.

“You state the worst scenario. Why can’t you look on the bright side?” Melinda asked.

“Because I want everyone to know there is another way things could go.” I answered. “Everyone always looks at the bright side.”

“We know what the other side could be. We just don’t say it.” Max said. “You, on the other hand, do. But we love you anyways.” He ruffled my hair and I smiled.

The three of us stayed in the common room by ourselves for a long time before anyone else got up. Once it was time for breakfast, we got our school things and went down to the Great Hall. There, Victoire told me happy birthday then Darren did since he overheard and Fred and I exchanged happy birthdays to each other once he came in. Our family members and some other Gryffindors and friends said happy birthday as well and we ate. After breakfast, I walked around with Darren until it was time for classes. 

Classes went by pretty fast and before o knew it, I was in the common room for mine and Fred’s party. There was a table of presents for each of us which included ones from our parents and other family members. Music was playing loudly and everyone was talking and drinking Butterbeer. Victoire and Alex were able to come in for the party and Teddy was happy about that. Him and Victoire had disappeared soon after the party began and we haven’t seen them since. 

Max and Melinda soon brought out our cakes and we blew out the candles and everyone started eating the cake. We then opened presents and had a pile of things from everyone. Dad had sent both of us products from his shop, Mum sent me a book and Fred a game then some drawings from Sebastian and Marisa, and then everyone else got us clothes or books or something along those lines. Jason sent me a journal which I loved. I could start writing in it every night. Lastly, I opened Max's gift and smiled when I saw it. It was a frames picture of the two of us during the summer at the Shell Cottage when we were visiting Victoire. We were in our swim suits and posing with each other with huge smiles on our faces. I quickly hugged Max tightly and thanked him for the gift.

The party started to disperse at ten and Victoire and Teddy appeared just in time for Victoire to leave. Fred and input our gifts in our rooms and input the picture of Max and I on my nightstand. I then went back to the common room to find Max cleaning up and I started helping him.

“Thanks again for the picture.” I said as I threw away some paper plates. “I love it.”

“I knew you would.” He smiled at me. “I saw Ryan Michelson looking at you at the party.”

I rolled my eyes. Ryan was in my year and everyone knew he fancied me but I didn’t like him. Not when I loved Max. “I wish he’d realize I don’t like him.”

“He won't. You’re a nice girl that any guy would be lucky to have. He’s gonna fight for you.”

I looked up at him with confused eyes. He had never said something like that before. “Thanks?”

He laughed. “You’re acting like I’ve never complimented you before.”

“Well, you haven’t. Not like that.”

“Well I was only saying the truth.” He became quiet then said, “Maybe the first task is a girl.”

I hit him. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“That you girls can be mean and scary so why not a girl?”

I rolled my eyes. “I'm done helping you clean up, Mr. Champion.” I started walking away from him.

“Don’t listen to me. Chuck slipped me some Firewhiskey.”

I looked at him. “Have fun with that. We have Astronomy in an hour and a half.”

“Bloody hell.” He mumbled and kept cleaning up.

Once away from his sight, I couldn’t help but laugh at him. A girl for a Triwizard Tournament task? That’s ridiculous. He really needed to have more possibilities and I was gonna have to help him. This weekend I’d get him to go to the library with me and we'd research again. Maybe then he’ll have some clue as to what it might be. Or maybe I could talk to Darren to see if he knows. Use him as an advantage. Ah the perks of being friends with another Triwizard champion. But all that was gonna have to wait for either tomorrow or the weekend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hope you like the chapter! Don't forget to enter the cover contest! Please comment and vote! Photo is Goombasrule's entry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.3K 2K 29
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
5.2M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
5.2K 257 24
Reynie Muldoon, Kate Whetherall, Sticky Washington, and Constance Contraire are free to be normal children at last! However, there is still one quest...