GIRL FRIDAY (Completed)

Per ANNwithnoE

Nicomaine Mendoza is a struggling student in need of additional income to finance her studies. She lands a jo... Més

Chapter 1 - Answered Prayer
Chapter 2 - Killer Smile
Chapter 3 - Coffee Talk
Chapter 4 - The Proposition
Chapter 5 - Scruples
Chapter 6 - Avenging Angel
Chapter 7 - Transition
Chapter 8 - Metamorphosis
Chapter 9 - Solo
Chapter 10 - Wishful Thinking
Chapter 11 - Closer
Chapter 12 - Intrusion
Chapter 13 - Condescension
Chapter 14 - Level Up
Chapter 15 - The Agreement
Chapter 16 - Moment of Weakness
Chapter 17 - Last Hurrah
Chapter 19 - Away from Prying Eyes
Chapter 20 - The Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 21 - Breakfast Treat
Chapter 22 - Heat
Chapter 23 - Adjustment Phase
Chapter 24 - Mea Culpa
Chapter 25 - Changes
Chapter 26 - Control
Chapter 27 - Treachery
Chapter 28 - Getaway
Satisfy Your Craving :)
Chapter 29 - The Probe
Chapter 30 - Case Solved
Chapter 31 - Sweetness
Chapter 32 - Heartfelt
Chapter 33 - The Morning After
Chapter 34 - Goading
Chapter 35 - Pain
Chapter 36 - Walk Away
Chapter 37 - Ground Zero
Chapter 38 - Neglect
Chapter 39 - Peace
Chapter 40 - Selfless Love
Chapter 41 - Obscene
Chapter 42 - Yuletide Cheer
Chapter 43 - Restraint
Chapter 44 - Tease
Chapter 45 - Defined
Chapter 46 - Anxiety
Chapter 47 - Fighting Back
Chapter 48 - Wrath
Chapter 49 - Secrecy
Chapter 50 - Tit for Tat
Chapter 51 - Birthday Surprise
Chapter 52 - Tonight's the Night
Chapter 53 - Suddenly
Mixed Signals
Chapter 54 - Clarity
Chapter 55 - Unexpected
Chapter 56 - Homecoming
Chapter 57 - Fulfillment
Chapter 58 - Maine's Request
Chapter 59 - Two Become One
Epilogue

Chapter 18 - Bending the Rules

12.6K 1K 242
Per ANNwithnoE

Good morning my dears, it's really early morning and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to update early.  Kumusta na kayo? The days fly by so fast, bukas weekend na ulit! 

I know that some of you want our couple's relationship to progress already into a steadier status but have a little patience, may mga mangyayari pa kasi, plus of course Maine has to graduate first. Warning lang, there may be rough days ahead, pero that's just to make the story more interesting, di rin naman pwedeng puro fluff. 

Despite their agreement to stay on a professional level only, of course feelings will always surface some way or another. Once you feel something for someone, there is no way you can go back to being what you were at the start of your relationship. 

Read on and see how they struggle with keeping feelings at bay. Mahirap magcontrol ng kilig, baka kung saan lumabas yan, hahaha. Have a nice day my dears :) 

Richard and Maine's agreement to maintain their relationship on a professional level was easier for them than they thought. They worked well together despite the feelings they had for each other. They were able to focus on work and help each other out as necessary. But the feelings surfaced one way or another, with an accidental glance or touch, or something they say when conversing. But they were careful not to let anyone see the attraction.

On Maine's fourth month in the company, Richard called her to discuss her evaluation results. She was asked to do a self-evaluation, then validate it with him in a one-on-one discussion. Her evaluation turned out exemplary results. His recommendation to promote her to Technical Assistant was approved, and she would be getting a salary increase plus additional allowances with the upgraded level.

"Maine, sit down. May good news ako sayo. Your promotion has been approved. By November, you will be upgraded to Technical Assistant level. Good job."

He gave her the official document and happily gazed at her surprise. He liked it when she was happy, her face was so transparent, like a child's.

"Sir, thank you po, thank you so much. I couldn't have done this without you."

"Hindi, magaling ka naman talaga. When dad recommended you to be my secretary, medyo nagtaka rin ako bakit junior staff yung inassign niya sakin. But you've justified his decision."

"My pambayad na po ako ng tuition for next sem," She said happily.

"Pero teka, may kailangan tayong pag-usapan, though. Iba na job grade mo, so iba na rin yung responsibilities, level up na. We need to hire a secretary to replace you. Technical Assistant ka na, mas challenging na role yan kasi--"

"Wag na po......."

"Huh?"

"Wag na tayo maghire ng ibang secretary, sir."

"Maine, I'm trying to lessen your workload here. That secretary can also help you with your own workload."

"Kaya ko sir. Kaya ko pagsabayin."

"Junior secretary kunin natin, para man lang yung mga errands na ginagawa mo, may ibang gagawa. Imagine Technical Assistant ka na, ikaw pa rin bibili ng food ko, magdedeposit ng checks--"

"Ayaw! I don't mind the work, sir."

"Yung tutoo, bakit ayaw mong mag-hire ng bago?"

"IIIIIeeeeehhhhhh....."

"Maine? I need to make a decision na. Bakit ayaw mong mag hire."

.......

"Huy......Baby.......Pag di ka sumagot kikiss kita dito."

"Bawal magflirt diba.......daya mo, sir."

"Maine.......look at me."

"'Yoko."

"Eh bakit nga?"

"Ayokong may ibang mag-asikaso sayo," She mumbled.

"Tama ba dinig ko? Ayaw mong may mag-asikaso sakig iba?"

She nodded, her hands covering her face. He felt the heat slowly engulfing his body, his ears turned red. It was such an effort for him to keep on sitting there, he wanted to kiss her senseless right at that moment.

"Hmmmmmm, ok baby......messenger na lang kukunin ko," He said, then whispered, "Wala naman akong balak talaga eh, hinuhuli lang kita."

"I heard that........ang bully mo sakin."

"Hahahaha, I love you baby."

"Landi," She whispered, smiling.

-----

Her finals were in a few days. She and Chanel made their way to the accounting office to get a computation of her current balance for payment. She wondered why there was no notice or reminder sent to her on remaining tuition balances.

"Mendoza? Wala kang babayaran, fully paid na."

"Po? Sigurado po kayo? Once pa lang po ako nakapagbayad."

"Bayad na siya, one month ago pa. Wala ka ng babayaran."

"Pwede po ba ma-trace kung sino nagbayad?"

"Hindi. Cash payments lang kasi kami so walang way for us to trace payments."

They left the accounting office puzzled. Who would have paid for her tuition? Definitely not her mom, who would surely tell her if she went to Manila to pay for her tuition. She dialed Richard's number.

"Hello sir?"

"Yes Maine?"

"Sir, I was going to pay my tuition pero they told me bayad na."

"Oh? Sino daw nagbayad?"

"Sir.......did you pay for my tuition?"

"Me? No. I'd ask you muna if you would let me do that but knowing you, alam kong ayaw mo pabayaran yan sakin."

"Sir, yung tutoo."

"I'm telling the truth. Hindi ako nagbayad ng tuition mo. Believe me, I'd let you know if I would do that."

"Sige po, sorry."

"Did you ask your mom?"

"She'd tell me din if she paid for it na."

"Eh sino magbabayad ng tuition mo? Do you have any idea who could possibly do that?"

"No idea sir. Sige po, thank you. Sorry to disturb."

"Ok lang Maine. Take care."

"Cha, tingin mo nagsasabi ng tutoo boss ko?"

"Matanong kita, bakit naman niya babayaran ang tuition mo?"

"He's been very supportive to me kasi. Pero hindi naman niya gagawin siguro yun without telling me."

"Hayaan mo na, just be thankful may good samaritan na nagmalasakit sayo."

"Eh pano kung may hinging kapalit? Ayoko ng ganyan eh."

"Well wala ka na magagawa, hindi natin alam kung sino eh."

-----

She aced her finals and reached the end of the semester. With only one semester left, she would finally finish her course and review for the Board. She filed her leave for a quick vacation in Bataan, just as she discussed with Richard during the wedding.

He looked at the leave form, noting the five days vacation leave that she asked for.

"Paano ka uuwi?"

"Bus lang sir. Don't worry, sanay naman ako."

"Can I still visit you there as we talked about? Or bawal yun?"

"Of course not, sir. Welcome ka doon, I'd like my mom to meet you also."

"Talaga ba?"

"Oo naman. Para pag......ano......."

"Yes? Tuloy mo."

"Para ano..........basta....."

"Huy. Tuloy mo................ Game, ano yun?"

"Hmmmm......para kung............. maging tayo kilala ka na ng nanay ko. Ktnxbye!"

Amsarreeehhhh, that came out of nowhere. My heart, grabe.

She ran out of his office straight to the restroom, panting and giggling at the same time.

He was already in his next meeting when she stepped out of the restroom. She felt relieved at not having to face him after what she just said. Upon checking her phone though, he was not letting her escape that easily.

Lord help me, but I am so smitten with my boss. Mahal ko na ata siya.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

9.7K 170 21
She's been praying for the right one for her for too long, pero parang wala namang balak si Bro na ibigay sa kanya yung hinihiling nya. she gone tire...
1.2M 1.7K 3
'This story is also available in dreame app' Rated 18 Typographical and Errors "Destiny might gave us the best but we really dont know when they Inb...
2.5K 591 37
Five years after, Cara is a senior surgical resident and is on her last year of training. She finally fulfills the first half of her dream and is rea...
195K 9.2K 33
Maine thought their love story were meant to last forever. But apparently, it doesn't. And she needs to move on, because he already did. Start: 15 Fe...