Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Harry PoV
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 35

729 23 7
By syedaaliya

"She did all this in two weeks time?" Sara asked me, when I told all Hermione's crazy preparations. She managed all the decor, guest list, venue, dresses and whatever you need to in wedding, as I was her Maid of honor. Which she asked very sweetly only yesterday. When I offered her to help she politely brushed me off knowing my zero skills in all this stuff. I was slightly offended at first then I was glad, when she made all her plans clear, it's going to big and the more bigger the more messier.

"Yes!" I exclaimed lying on her bed hanging my head low my eyes resting on the wall, Sara was sitting on the floor preparing the new magic potion of her's. it smelled heavenly.

"What are you making anyway?" I asked taking a deep breath.

"Glow" Sara smiled.

"Glow, and what does it do?" I asked further.

"It helps you to relax by applying a small potion of it on your scalp and it's even better for your skin. hence I named it Glow" Sara explained.

"I see." I sat back and strolled at her big wooden shelf which had more than fifty potions made and ready to use all made my her. Before I left to Paris this was her habit mixing and studying new plants and ingredients for her fun, soon her hobby turned into passion and started making potions for daily use which remarkably worked. In all this years we talked about it and I constantly encouraged her.

once I kept complaining about my knee problem and next time she send me one of her potion and asked me to apply twice in much pain and it worked like a blessing since then I knew I had to motivate her because she was brilliant and her products worked much better then any other in market.

"Fred ran by again this morning." Sara said quietly.

"I don't know what's holding you back?" I growled at her she din't looked up busy in balancing her ingredients.

"Sara, you are a big fool" I sat right in front of her moving the bowl and all of her stuff, she looked at me thinning her lips.

"Real mature, I was done with it in few minutes."She huffed crossing her arms.

"And what is the use of it? it will just go and rest on our shelf with the rest of them!" I flicked her forehead.

"Ow!!" She hit me back on my forearm. douching my question.

"I don't know, I am scared, what if they fail?" Sara replied rolling her eyes at me.

"Being sold in a week time, and you say 'what if they fail' "? I replied back lost in her question, because that dint made any sense.

"What if it was just one time thing?" Sara persuaded.

"You think Fred would haunt you, if they were a one time thing? and plus they are practically magic. I have been saying this and I say it again. It's a hit. say yes!" I grabbed her shoulders and shook her hard trying to put some sense in her head.

A year back when I accidentally mixed letters. Sara's letter got mixed by Fred and George ones in which I spared a whole lot of embarrassing girl stuff, my complaints, Bryan situation and lastly her potions and asked her to keep making as they did wonders. That's how Fred knew about Bryan and few of my secrets. Next thing I know is Fred corning Sara to sample her potions, he used one 'shinny purple' on him for his hair. It turned with pretty shades of purple and with a set volume for few days with one time use, he kept asking for more and slowly he used all of them on him, as said it worked wonders.

Satisfied he confidently put them up on sale in his shop without Sara's concern, regardless the argument, her products were hit, and in a week time out of stock. When he asked for more. She turned down his offer throwing him out of her house in reply.

"I will make him write a apology letter and make him swear never to mess with you again. If that works for you." I said sincerely looking in her eyes.

"It's tempting" she joked.

when we both knew it wasn't Fred inadequate behaviour but her lack of confidence in herself.

"It's time. you give it a shot sara!" I said slowly trying to get pass her dubious mind.

She nodded her head and I smiled, slightly pushing her and standing up "I should be get moving, or else I had to endure Hermione's wrath."

"Okay" She giggled and came down to send me off.

"Can I expect a answer by tomorrow?" I asked her wearing my coat.

She looked lost for a moment and I thought she might turn down again but surprisingly she answered "Yes" I beamed at her and draw her in for a quick hug.

"see ya. soon."

*********

Twenty minutes and waiting, tapping my shoe I grew bored. sighing I turned towards Hermoine who was growing impatient now too, I looked at Ron he was well no surprise eating fries, how doesn't he gain weight. May be it's Hermione who keeps him in check just when I thought she slapped his hand when he went for another one.

"What? I am hungry it's almost noon. Where is he?" Ron grumbled.

"Seriously? Can't you start without him? What work do I have with him together?" I pouted my lips.

"You both are important to us. And it's important you both must be in sink for the wedding" Hermione stubbornly replied.

What the link to this. Why do we have to be in sink. What is she going on about? I furrowed my eyebrows and noisily drank my drink with straw just to irritate her more.

"There he is" Hermione happily sang. I didn't even put an effort to turn.

He came around and took a seat beside Ron infront of me. Adjusting his coat at the back of the chair and making himself comfortable. He then took a proper look around and finally his gaze fixed on me. Those always enchanting green eyes. Hate it!

"Hello, wasn't expecting company" Harry said signalling waiter. Company being me. I faked a smile.

"So was I" I smiled back.

He raised one eyebrow and nodded. "Bourbon, plain. No water, no soda"he placed his order.

"You are late" Hermione tried to be tough.

"Sorry?" Harry shook his shoulder.

He wasn't even sorry. I rolled my eyes. It was getting easier to breath in his company as long as I stay away from his gaze.

"Can we order food?" Ron asked again.

"Yes." Hermione said. I wanted to leave I don't want to be the fourth wheel in there three wheel awkward yet perfect ride.

After a long discussion which only included Ron and her. I kept rereading menu so that I don't have to look at him directly. I get lost in his eyes. And it's awkward every time he catches it.

"That would be it." Hermione completing all of our orders clapped her hand gaining all of our attention. She is the only one excited and could not stop talking tonight. Harry looked bored like he could be anywhere better than here, Ron looked tired and I. Well I had nothing much to do. So here I am.

"As you both know. We had set a date and it's in a month time." She began happily.

We nodded our heads, aware of the fact.

"And you are my maid of honor" she beamed.

"And you are my best man" Ron said patting Harry's shoulder.

I knew it. This was fate. It was destiny that Harry would be his best man no schocker. I secretly imagined him doing both the roles as a maid of honor too. Now that would have been hilarious! I stifled a laugh.

"Am I now?" Harry looked at Ron. Messing with him.

"Yes. You are" Ron just don't care. He replied and dig in his food. Harry turned to Hermione who gave him a sheepish smile. I smiled at there bond felling happy n awkward wheel again.

I hooked my lose strand at the back of my ear and looked at my ham sandwich. It looked yummy. Food is better than potter face.

"So now we are clear on basic. We need your valuable time to assist us on simple task" Hermione began again.

"Yes. Whatever task she says. You have to assist us" Ron chimed in.

"Thank you Ron. Please clean the ketchup on your chin" Hermione smiled at him adoringly.

"Why don't you do it? Like always" Ron grin at her.

Gross. Since when they became mushy couple.

She giggled back and actually cleaned his chin. I started at her for a minute. Things you do for love. I sighed.

"Can you guys stop it?" I said aloud when Harry wasn't even looking at them drinking his damn drink. Completely in another world.

"Sorry. Were was I?" Hermione blushed. Wow. This is new, she now blushes too. Must be bride to be thing growing on her.

"You need us to do some task" Harry replied drly.

So he is paying attention. I looked at him and is staring at his last sip left drink.

"Right. For dress arrangements, jewelry selection, pair of list for few other arrangements, dance lesson and few more other things." Hermione said looking at us.

I nodded my head pretty agreeable. "I only see my use in dress arrangements" Harry clarified.

I furrowed my eyebrows. He is best man and he only wants to be present for dress arrangements. That's not fair.

"Deal" Ron replied.

What? My mouth was ajar and I said it aloud I guess as they all looked at me.

"What? What" Harry questioned.

I could let it pass or I can not. I went with the next best.

"Only dress arrangements? What about rest" I asked him.

"What about rest? What work do I have?"Harry blinked slowly as if finding this stupid to talk.

"Number of things." I replied sharply.

"Such as?" He raised his eyebrow in challenge.

Not thinking​ much I hastily replied "Dance lessons" he gave me a dumb look. and I scolded myself for such a vain answer.

"I think I can manage Miss Weasley" Harry replied with a low key smirk.

"Not you. Me. I need a dance lesson!" I opened my big mouth again. Without thinking. Shutup you fool.

"What role do I have in it? I sure don't give a dance lesson. Not that expert" he kept his drink down and fixed his eyes with mine locking them in his hold. My neck grew hot and I felt tensed.

"It's a dance lesson because we need to dance in couple. You being the best man and I being the maid of honor. We need practice" I hotly replied.

He looked at me for long time amusement written over his face he opened his mouth to say then again closed it finally Harry replied. "I am sure enough, I can pull a dance with you. In a pair. And without practice" he slowly replied.

And with that I grew silent. I didn't knew what else to say when he kept looking at me captivating me in his spell. A faint line of pink grew on my cheeks and I blinked trying to break the spell.

"Well. You both had good points. But you guys settled for yourself. That's what I expect" Hermione grew closer to us. And I hated the word settled because I did not settled anything. He did.

I tried to open the argument but the ship has sailed as they moved on to another topic. I pouted and looked at my left cold sandwich feeling full. Yet. I ate it to avoid talking and getting in more useless conversation with useless Potter. He on the other hand went quite and we heard it Hermione ramble for next hour. I bet I saw Ron snore.

After the endless torture we all left the bar it was a close place to home so we decided to walk. Harry sticked to walking too but Ron and Harry stayed ahead with Hermione and me behind.

"It went great. I am so relieved" Hermione sang happily.

"Yeah" I agreed to talk less.

She drew a long breath she looked happy content. Just how bride's to be must look. I felt happy seeing her like this.

"I am happy for you." I said nudging her.

"Me too" she replied with a Perak withe smile.

I nod and moved silently with her.

"It's been a while. Seeing him like that. It just sparked my happy mood" she said after a while.

I raised my eyebrow in question being Clueless.

"Him. Harry" Hermione pointed at Harry.

"What about him. He is always like this" I ignorantly replied.

"Not always. He was different tonight. He was talking. Tho he only talked with you but he did. He showed interest. And I am glad about it" Hermione said.

Her answer made me only more clueless. I thought about it and realised he did only had the talk with me rest of the time he only listened. And drank.

"He kept drinking. But he also smile. So I will let pass it." She added. So it wasn't only me who noticed he kept drinking.

"Since when he started drinking game?" I causally asked her. Hoping not be to too nosy.

"Three years. You noticed.?" Hermione looked at me surprisingly.

"A little" I lied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 620 23
Muggle Hinny Au "Stop being grumpy on the first day of the Senior year" "I was delighted until you showed up" "C'mon, you couldn't possibly hate me t...
20.7K 480 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...
9.2K 232 56
This is a y/n and Fred Weasley love story fan fiction You are a Ravenclaw and transferring to Hogwarts entering your 5th year. You're friends consist...
69.7K 1.3K 10
The story of how I realised my love for the one person I couldn't have - my best friend. Set around sixth year at Hogwarts and the Burrow. Lots of fl...