Not So "Ordinary" Girl(Editin...

By Lidallie

Melody Lance is a normal teenage girl having a normal life. Or so she thought... One day she finds out that s... More

Suspicions
Paranoia?
What's Happening To Me?
Liar
"Little" Incident
Moving Out
Big Family
Happy Birthday!
Trouble
A/N
Plan
Back To School
Training
Awkward
Sophia Turner
Unexpected
Safety First
Kidnapped
Destiny
Recovery
The Devil
The Devil Part 2
Surprise
Who Are You?
Cecilia
First Official Date
Two In One
Concerns
Two In One Part 2
Taking Action
Preparation
My Destiny
READ IN ITS ENTIRETY(hint hint, sequel)

Rescue Mission

138 8 1
By Lidallie

A/N 

The picture on the right or on top is of Sophia

Sorry guys for not updating. There isn't really any excuse. But now that I have three hours of free time at school I can update weekly again! Maybe next week I'll update more than once. Well, read on!

"You're not letting this go are you?"

"You know me too well," I say with a smile. 

"But you're not going alone. I will come with you along with some others."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony, Ethan, Dad and at least 10 other guys gather together and hold hands with me(in order for the teleporting to work I have to make contact), ready to teleport to our destination: were-wolf territory. I wonder if they feel uncomfortable doing that.

"Ready guys?" I ask expectantly.

"Ready," they all say in unison.

I let the magic do all its work. In less than 5 seconds we're in the woods on werewolf territory. Dad starts giving out orders to the rest of the vampires while I concentrate on remembering where the secret prison is.

"All right guys we'll split up and surround the prison. Ethan, stay with Mel and make sure she doesn't get hurt." That snaps me out of my concentration. 'Why did he have to leave me with him?'

Ethan turns to look at me. He doesn't utter a word. I wonder what he's thinking right about now.

"Mel do you have a visualization of the prison?"

"Yes," I answer dad, once again snapped out of my thoughts. "Follow me."

We walked for about  five minutes until I raise my hand for them to halt. We stop in front of a building going through the ground. "This is the place." Dad signals the men to go with their group and surround the building. 'Is it me or are they just plain stupid having a prison in the middle of the woods?'

"On my word," I tell the group through our mind-link. "On my word Dad," I tell Dad using telepathy. Since he's not a vampire, he can't mind-link any vampires, including my mom.  

I walk out of the clearing with Ethan in tow. A were-wolf guard sees us and leaps into action, going after us. He transforms mid-leap. Before he could land on us, I grab Ethan's hand and teleport beside the were-wolf. The were-wolf lands on all four legs and turns towards us, giving a confused look. I gotta admit, that look is hilarious.

"Save us the time and don't even bother trying to chase us." I think the wolf got the message cause he nodded. Huh. This one's a wimp. Before I could say anything else, he transforms back to human, stalk naked right in front of me. OK, that's not cool.

"Dude what the hell?" Ethan said with a disgusted face, trying to block me from seeing him in the process. I agree. I turn around quickly, which was a bad idea cause the idiot tries to pounce on me again, changing back mid-leap. 'Sly little mutt'

Ethan grabs me and uses his vampire speed to get us closer to the door. 'Seriously? Where are all the other guards?' "Thanks."

"No prob." I open the door and give the order for everyone to take out any were-wolves they see. Dad teleports right next to me. I walked into the building and teleport straight down the stars. He stops me before I could go further. 

'There might be some more guards in here. Be careful. I'll go ahead and make sure the place is safe.' I nod to him and he teleports to a different location.

'Watch my back,' I told Ethan. I sense movement up ahead and bring up my fighting stance. The were-wolf must have alerted the others. I should have knocked him out when I had the chance. 

With my advanced hearing, I heard were-wolves fighting who I assume to be our team. I could tell Ethan heard it too, by the serious expression on his face. Three were-wolves come charging out of no-where. I punch the closest one to me, barely making him stumble back. Ethan fights off one of them behind my back. The third one grabs my neck, but I teleport out of his grasp. 

I run ahead, picturing my vision of which cell the girl had been held in. I stop by an empty cell. 'This is the one, where is she?' I teleport inside and start looking for her. Suddenly someone grabs me, holding a silver shiny dagger at my neck.

I gasp and teleport right out of their arms. When I turned around, I see no one. "Show yourself," I say, accidentally using my demanding tone that I soon found out about. The girl materializes right in front of my eyes.

She backs away from me as far as she can, the knife still in her hands. I see a chair behind her back with tumbles of the rope she was supposed to be tied in.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I came to rescue you," I say as convincingly as I can.

"How do I know you're not lying?" She asked with a similar demanding tone to mine. Luckily, the effect doesn't work on me.

"I had a vision and you were in it. I came here to save you from the were-wolves."

"Look, I haven't done anything to harm you have I?" I asked in an authoritative tone.

"No," she said quietly. I hadn't even thought to ask her the question that's been tugging on my mind.

"Do you know who you are?"

She stayed quiet for what felt like ages. I guess that answers my question. "No."

"I'm just like you, well, almost. Our kind is called white-lighter. Do you know who your parents are?"

"My dad's human."

"What about your mom?"

"She died when I was three." For some reason, I don't believe that one bit.

"Does your dad know who you really are?" I ask in a sincere tone.

"I don't think so. Or he would have told me."

"Maybe he didn't know who your mom was."

"Yeah, maybe," she says in a somewhat sad tone. I guess it's a touchy subject. 

"We have to get out of here," I say, quickly changing the subject. 'Any updates?' I ask the group.

'None of our guys are badly hurt Princess. We took out quite a lot of guys, but some escaped.' One of the guards tell me. 

'Good. meet us at the cell.'

Quickly, the group appears in front of the cell we're in. "Oh my gosh I'm so bad at introducing myself. I'm Melody Lance," I tell the girl.

"I'm Sophia Turner," the girl now named Sophia replied back.I turn to look at the group and wince at the look of their beat up bodies. Dad is last to walk in. He looks more beat up than the others. I gasp and try to run to him, forgetting I'm behind bars.

"Oh no you're bleeding!" I exclaimed while examining his beat up body. 

"Good thing I have you," he replies with a smile. Sophia gives me questioning look.

 "He's my dad," I quickly explained to her, "Come on, lets get out of this cell." I gesture for her to take my hand and she reluctantly takes it. I think of the area outside the cell and let the magic do it's work, but before I could completely feel the pull, we bounce back and land on our backs on the floor. The guards cringe, unable to do anything.

I shook my head in confusion. "They really know who we are," dad says with a frown on his face. "This is not good."

"Try to teleport us out of here," I suggest to him. I take Sophie's hand once again and feel the pull. Finally, we land outside of the cell. I land on my two feet while Sophie tumbles down. Good thing it doesn't seem to affect her as much as it did to me on my first time. "Sorry, forgot to warn you." I apologize.

This time I get a good look at her. She seems my age. Pure black hair that reaches her hips. Long legs and a fit body. A little bit of tanned skin. When I'm done looking at her, I notice the others doing the same thing, although they're really assessing or profiling her. "Sorry," I apologized again. "Don't mind them. When there's a new face, everyone's wary."

"We should get going. I can sense more were-wolves coming," Dad says, highly alert.

"OK guys you know the drill," I tell the group. The men put their hands on each others shoulders, probably uncomfortable with holding hands. I grab Sophie's hand and Ethan's hand.

I check to make sure everyone's ready. Right when the swarms of were-wolves burst into the jail, we teleport away, leaving them furious. 'So long suckers....that was a totally bad pun'

"OK guys don't leave. I have to heal you."

"Don't worry Princess. We want to show off the battle scars." Boys.

"I guess that leaves you guys," I say, turning to Ethan, Dad, and Sophia who once again fell on the floor. 

They sit on the chairs in the dining room, ready for treatment. First, I start with Dad of course. Wouldn't want the king to die...Ok he is far from dying, but still. Not on my watch. I put my palms on his arm and let the healing spread to all the injured parts of his body. Next, I do Sophie. She only has rope burns on her wrists. Then there's Ethan. Dad brings Sophie to her guest room, leaving me with him. 

This is the first time I healed Ethan. I slowly put my palms on his chest, where a were-wolf scratched him with claws. 'Why does it have to be the chest?' I let the magic do its work while looking at him. We have a staring contest, unable to look away from each other until Mary of course breaks it by screaming my name. 

"Jeez, forgot sensitive ears did you?" I asked sarcastically. As soon as Ethan's done healing I pull my hands away. Mary eyes me curiously. 'Don't even,' I tell her using mind-link.

"I'm tired from all this teleporting and healing. I'm gonna hit the hay," I say just to get away from the awkwardness. To be honest, I really am tired, and... it was also an excuse.

"Laura you're not going to follow me anymore Kay?"

"But Miss, it is my duty."

"Don't worry there isn't any danger in the castle right now. I've mastered my powers and I can take care of myself," I said sternly with a hint of authority. 

"All right Miss," she replied and reluctantly lets me go to my room by myself. I feel bad for using my command voice...I think the power's going to my head. I teleport to my room with the inch of energy I have left and purposefully land straight on my bed. Oh, I love my powers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 3.7K 70
Lila James is a normal young teen girl. She lived a normal life. Until her new friend stepped into her life, nothing ever happened. But when she mee...
65.1K 2.5K 53
A young girl that lives her home town for college but when she finally does, she encounters difficulties paying her apartment and school fees. she th...
3.9K 79 14
Melody was just a normal werewolf in a normal human school. When she graduates, she meets other werewolves. She falls in love but soon finds out ever...
5K 225 41
Nikki Winters lives a normal life. Although, she experiences things that don't normally happen her life is still some what ordinary, until its not.