Princess of the Rogues

By ChloePJ

Jennifer's life has never been easy. She has never had a childhood to call her own. Her father is a vile, evi... More

Princess of the Rogues
Chapter 1: Giving Up
Scarred for Life
Just Another Day
My Worst Nightmare
What Have I Done
If things couldn't get any worse!
A Twist of Fate
Taking a Risk
Here goes Nothing
Meeting the Alpha
When others decide your Future
Revealing the Truth
Just Another Eventful Day
It was bound to Happen
A Different Light?
The Message
A Dream or Reality
This is my Life
Things can Never be Simple
Sorting out my Problems
Going Back to Hell
Hell
I didn't see that Coming
Two Sides to a Story
History is Written by the Victors
The Aftermath
Seeing the Light
Starting to Recover
The Beginning Of Recovery
Author Note
Discussion
A Similar Situation
Not A Happy Ending
Leaving the ones you Love
Another Point Of View
Living Life Alone?
Life's Purpose
Solitude
Getting Back Up
Perfect Christmas
Guilty or not-guilty?
Decisions
Taking Responsibility
Author Note
Question and Answer
Forever
Epilogue

Waiting to be Judged

14.3K 568 18
By ChloePJ

Hey everyone

80,000 reads. 2,200 votes!!!!! WOW. thank you, aim for 100,000?

Thank you for everyone that has followed me. it is amazing.

i really want a new cover. i want something differe so can one of you awesome people make me one? I will follow and dedicate a chapter to you.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Fact Thirteen: I have an audition today to be involved in a pit orchestra for a musical which will only be done by young people between the ages of 14 and 18 and i am nervous as hell.

Chapter 39

                It was the day. The day my life would once again be decided by others. I sighed at that thought. I was currently lying in bed curled safely in the arms of Xander. I had never felt as close to Xander as I did now since we had fully mated. I didn’t want to get out of bed. I literally could lay here in the bed with Xander next to me but I knew that wasn’t going to happen.

                “You’re agitated,” Xander spoke in a husky voice as he just woke up from his sleep.

                “I’m fine,” I replied, yawning.

                “No you’re not. You are really tense,” Xander spoke, looking at me before trailing his fingers up and down my neck and my shoulder making me shudder as his fingers trailed over my mark.

                I instantly relaxed and felt more at ease.

                “That’s better,” Xander spoke.

                “Well, I am always calmer around you,” I smiled back.

                Xander kissed my forehead gently and I saw his eyebrows crease in thought and worry. I saw his eyes swim with emotions of worry and love. I knew exactly what he was thinking because it was the thing swimming through my mind too.

                “We will get through this. We will make them listen. I deserve to have a voice,” I spoke confidently even though on the inside I was a nervous wreck.

                “I will protect you even if it means my death,” Xander spoke looking into my eyes.

                “Don’t think like that,” I scolded.

                “Sorry,” Xander sighed, running a hand through his hair.

                I kissed him on the cheek before climbing out of the bed and stretching. I went into the bathroom and showered and dried my hair before finding some clothes that I thought would be suitable. I ended up leaving my hair perfectly straight. I wore some black skinny jeans tucked into some black leather boots with a white flowing blouse and a casual black blazer which I left open.

                I came back into the bedroom just as Xander had finished in the shower. He smiled at me before going to get some clothes. He quickly changed before coming over to me. He kissed me lightly on the lips and I knew there was a lot more meaning behind it than just a simple kiss.

                “You look beautiful,” Xander smiles.

                “You would say that with whatever I wear,” I laughed.

                “I will if it’s true,” Xander smiled.

                We walked out of the room and down the stairs. We would be leaving in half an hour or so and some bags had already been placed in the cars we were going down in. Xander, myself, Michael, Rebecca, Julia and Tim as well as a few warriors. It was going to be like a little convoy of us going.

                I grabbed some toast and orange juice. Xander grabbed himself some food too which we quickly ate. I stayed in the kitchen while Xander went off to talk with Alex to make sure he was set for the next two days to cover the pack. I finished off my food before walking to the main entrance. I sat on one of the stairs as I thought about what was to come.

                All the main packs were going to be there. The Alphas of the majority of packs were going to be the jury and they would decide my fate. I could live or die today and it wouldn’t be my choice. I was sick of that. I was sick of my life being taken out of my hands. For years, I had been oppressed by my father and now I was being oppressed by the Werewolf Council. That was the hypocrisy of society I guess.

                “Things will be ok, you know?” Rebecca spoke.

                “I hope so Rebecca. Things have just seemed to finally go my way but now… I don’t know. It is all being decided by others again,” I explained.

                “I’m sorry,” she replied.

                “What for? It isn’t you making the decisions,” I smiled.

                “If I was it would be a lot simpler than life is right now,” Rebecca explained.

                I smiled at that. I realised it was nearly time to go. Tim and Julia walked in along with Michael, Xander and a couple of warriors. I stood up and went over to Xander. He hugged me close and kissed the top of my head. He didn’t need to say anything. I knew what he was thinking.

                We walked out of the pack house and into the cars. Xander and I sat in the back of one with Michael driving and Rebecca beside him. The journey was silent most of the way. Xander and I just sat in the back with our hands entwined together. His thumb ran soothingly back and forth across my hand which even a simple motion like that calmed me.

                Every mile closer. Every highway we drove on, I knew we were getting closer to the Werewolf Council. It was going to be scary and there were going to be a lot of angry people out for blood. The rogue pack had caused so much devastation and loss of life. Packs and family were lost and everyone felt it. So I knew that emotions would be incredibly high.

                It came round fast as we began driving through a winding path through incredibly thick forest. I suddenly felt extremely nervous. Anything could happen. They could change their mind and kill me on the spot for all I know. I was just hoping that luck would be on my side once again. I knew my mum would be looking out for me and Xander and my new family would be there to support me.

                I watched out of the front window intently as the first glimpse of the Werewolf Council residence appear into existence. It was a grey place. Everything about it screamed dominance and power. It was quite frankly intimidating. It was grey and very structured, it was a place of punishment and sanctions and in some cases death. This would be where my future would be decided.

                I sighed nervously realising I had been holding my breath.

                “It’s going to be fine,” Xander soothed.                

                I nodded weakly in response. I was suddenly felt really sick. I took a deep breath as our convoy of cars pulled up in front of the building. I took a deep breath and climbed out of the car. I walked around to the side of the car closest to the building. Xander was immediately by my side and put his arm around my waist protectively. The others got out of the cars and got into a formation as the doors to the building opened.

                I watched as a well-built man who was clearly an extremely powerful alpha. He looked to be in his late twenties. He was followed by some more members obviously also in the council as well as warriors in a black uniform. They came down emotionless until they were in front of the group.

                “Alpha Xander. I am Alpha Tom of the Eclipse Pack from Spain. I am leader of the Council and we ask you to hand over the criminal to our care. The trial will be in two hours from now,” Alpha Tom instructed.

                “I will be staying with her until the trial. That is my only condition,” Xander spoke dominantly.

                “You have no jurisdiction or right now Alpha Xander. You will hand over the criminal now and we will place her as we see fit,” Alpha Tom ordered harshly.

                “Jennifer is my mate. Therefore I have a right to know,” Xander spoke angrily.

                I took hold of his hand to calm him down and keep his wolf at bay. We didn’t need any other problems than what we had already. The crowd look taken aback at that point and looked at me. They noticed the mark on my neck then and were clearly surprised at this.

                “Mate? You accepted her. After all she has done,” One of the other council members dared to ask.

                “Don’t care to judge when you have not heard or seen the things my pack have been through. I ask you to keep in mind it was MY pack that brought down the rogue pack. It was My pack who brought their reign of terror to an end. It was JENNIFER who killed him. Not me. You owe her a debt and you owe her the opportunity to speak. So I will speak in her trial, Michael my beta will as well,” Xander spoke angrily.

                The group looked a little taken aback then and I knew it was my moment to speak. I needed to come across democratic and willing to compromise.

                “I will come with you and your guards. You can place me where you need to as long as I get a fair trial. That is all I ask. I will answer your questions and I will tell you all that I know. I will not fight or resist I am just here to clear my forsaken name,” I spoke calmly.

                Xander squeezed my waist reassuringly as I watched the group contemplate my words carefully.

                “We will offer you a fair trial. We are a democratic people. We will take evidence and a jury will decide. We ask you to come with us to place you in holding in your cell. Sadly, your mate can’t be with you. Do you accept these terms?” Alpha Tom spoke.

                “I do,” I replied confidently.

                I turned to Xander and looked at him in the eyes.

                “I will be ok. I will be alone for a couple of hours. I will see you at the trial. I love you never forget that no matter what happens here today. You will hear things I haven’t told you yet which aren’t pleasant but please stay calm,” I spoke.

                “I understand. I love you so much,” Xander spoke.

                “I love you too,” I replied, before he kissed me quickly and passionately.

                I stepped away from our group and some of their warriors had formed a formation. They surrounded me. One was either side of me. Two behind and then two in front as well. I took one last look as Xander as they escorted me up the steps. The council members watched me as we walked into the building. Everything was made of marble and granite. It was strong and powerful.

                We made it into the lobby where the other Alphas and representatives were. There were betas and Alphas and Lunas there and they were all watching me. Some looked angry but most looked intrigued. I kept my head down letting my hair fall over my face. I was escorted through the building and down steps to what must have been like a dungeon. I was escorted into a small grey cell where the silver door slammed closed.

                I sat on the what should be classed as a bed and put my head in my hands. My future was about to be decided. I was going to be speaking about my deepest and darkest secrets which I hadn’t even told Xander. I was scared and I just hoped things would go my way for both Xander and my sake.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226K 5.9K 28
Alex is a werewolf, no surprise there. Well she's a rogue, living on unclaimed land with her new family. They get attacked. The only survivors out o...
338 9 11
Ebony has led a difficult life on her own as a rogue. On her mission to escape the burden of packs, she get ironically caught up with a pack. The Alp...
51.5K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
46.1K 871 40
Lexi ran away from her pack, Midnight Cove, because of her father was abusing her. While on the run, she trespasses on a pack territory and is forced...