Whispers of the Night

By newbiegac2015

How far would you go to protect the one you love? Would you commit a crime? Lie to an officer? Or attempt to... More

Cupcake pancakes and Rainbow Sprinkles
Peanut
When things go bump
Trust.
Replacement
In a Galaxy.
Trouble of a new kind.
The new feel
No Place like home
The past can haunt us
Start a fight, create a war.
Avari
Three. Two. Or One.
Karma's Kick
One and only.
Learn to love
The PT assistant
Tension in the fraying
Poison
Effort
Bonding
Guilt
Box of Love
High of him.
The reason
Memories and Moments
Rainbow feelings
Snippet
In fire
Players on the board.
Avari's discovery
A change
Tulip petals
Scarlett's Compassion
Family
New Beginning
Resent comes in pairs
Spineless fool
Scarlett's Falling
Any other way
Broken communications
A Fathers Worry
Audacity of a cheat
Soaring
Taming the beast
Zak's advance
No rest for the wicked
Teacup Human
I wish for this.

Control

1.2K 58 3
By newbiegac2015

My eyes stayed fixed on the discarded bottle of water that sat on the floor, the clear liquid had now settled from its lapping around. The condensation slowly trickling over the neck of the bottle and dripping on to the white marble floor.

I didn't know when or how I had slipped down onto the floor with my back pressed against the cold cabinet doors. The silence of the house echoed around me as I began to believe that I was here alone. That Zak and Ava weren't spending time together, that I had been deserted again.

A breath quivered in my chest as I went over the incident time and time again wonder what Zak had seen and heard. Had he heard my defence in his honour? Or Nick's.... Nick's lies that he pledged. Had Zak heard anything? Or had he simply walked in to see myself and Nick in close quarters and presumed the worst?

With a throbbing beginning to start in my head, I got off the floor and disposed of the bottle into the bin before heading for the bedroom. Sitting on the softness of the bed I waited until Zak was ready to talk. If there was one thing I knew about that man, it was that he would talk, on his terms and only when he was ready.

It took almost 2 hours for him to start looking for me, the search ending abruptly when I was sat on the end of the bed waiting patiently.

"I trust you." I stated making his brows rise up. "I trust you with my heart and with the one thing most precious in the world.. Our daughter."

"I would never heard Ava." He answered dropping his bag down, absent of a little wolf toy that was now most likely back with Avari.

"I trust you, but you don't trust me..." I continued.

Zak's head shook side to side in disagreement "That is where you are wrong, I don't trust him. I don't. And when you are there like that with him..." He trailed off clenching his jaw.

"Like what?"

"You know what I me-"

"No I don't, like what Zak? What did you hear or see?"

"You both! Together like I never existed."

Bewildered I raked my hair back with my fingers "You saw me cornered Zak, you saw me cornered by Nick as he spewed his lies and I jumped to your defence. That... That is what you saw."

"Why the fuck was he here anyway?!" He seethed.

"To apologise for what he said."

"And he couldn't do that through text? A call? On the doorstep?!"

"I didn't invite him in.."

"So he forced himself into my home with my little girl here? Did he see her? Speak to her?!"

I nodded.

My eyes went to his hands as he clenched them into fists causing the air in his knuckles to pop. "What else did he say?"

"Nothing, he just said he was here to apolog-"

A loud bang caused me to jump as he slammed his fist down against the side in the bedroom "Don't! Don't lie to me." He warned.

My eyes tore away from his hazel mixed eyes that held fury. "I can't speak to you whilst you are like this.." I whispered tightening my grip on my own hands.

"You either tell me? Or I'm going to hunt him down and ask him myself.." He snarled. The wildness in his eyes made me believe that he would knock every single door in Vegas until he found him...

"He said... He said you were gonna ditch me, the same day I left."

He kept his mouth closed waiting for more.

"How you would roll off me and roll onto Holly." I commented.

"I told him I planned to leave Holly. And I can't keep apologising for the past.."

"But you expect me to." I replied shaking my head. "He knew she was doing coke. Apparently because of us, what a shitty stick to be hit with."

"I'm not taking anymore responsibility for Holly's habit. I won't." He replied folding his arms.

I clicked my tongue looking away from him "So are you here to tell me to get out? To sleep on the couch or ignore me until it becomes too much to bare and I have to go?"

"What?"

"If you're gonna tell me to go, then I ask that the contact with you and Avari doesn't change, even when we have left."

"I'm not asking you to go anywhere! I don't- why would you think that?!" He snapped.

I shrugged "Guess I'm waiting for reality to punch me square in the face."

He sighed raking his hand down his face in frustration "He's not to come here... Ever again."

I nodded "I never invited him. How did he know your address?"

"Nick used to stay here sometimes.I moved to this house before he got the sack."

I nodded in understanding.

"Did you really think me and him.... you know?"

"Paranoid and possessive. I know I shouldn't be. But I just... Now I have you, I don't want to lose this all. We have a family. I have a family." He answered with a smile to himself.

"And you always will, but you have to trust and believe me." I reasoned.

"I do. I was just mad that he was here that's all. I'm sorry."

I shook my head "I don't want your apology."

"Then what do you want?" Zak asked.

"A kiss and a normal hello? To forget that all of that just happened."

"Then close your eyes."

"Huh?" I frowned.

"Close them."

I followed his instructions and closed my eyes waiting patiently. "Okay!" He called making me open them to an empty bedroom.

"Oh."

The door went making me get up to answer it. Pulling the black wooden door back, Zak stood on the doorstep with his bag on his shoulder.

"Honey, I'm home." He grinned.

My grin mirrored his as I stepped out and pulled him to my height for a kiss.

The bunched nerves twisted in my tummy as his teeth tugged on my lip gently.

"Zak." I mumbled pulling away from his heated kiss.

"Yeah?"

"You're a dork."

"But a loveable one.. Right?"

I nodded "Right."

I pushed the hat up off his head and fiddled with his hair causing his eyes to close at my touch.

"Let's not fall out again... Cause I have a large section in my heart with your name across it."

He pulled me closer by my waist until our bodies were sandwiched together "Deal, but always remember, you are mine. And any man who speaks to you...." he shook his head.

"Controlling and possessive."I noted.

"You love it."

I grinned "That I do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.9K 2.7K 66
This story will be removed on Feb 1st to make way for new work** "Come on then." He pushed annoyed at my silence. "Say it." "I don't know what you m...
4.9K 155 26
All her life, Faith has had it rough. Her parents died in a car crash when she was ten, her uncle and aunt abused her for six years, then she was kid...
56.3K 1.2K 25
"If walls could talk to spill the lies We'd see the world through devil's eyes" Avenged Sevenfold, 'Doing Time' "You just never know if there's a g...
31.6K 1.1K 36
Sequel to The Stand In. ****** "Elle! You can't be serious?!" I turn, glaring at him with fury. "Deadly! How could you let it go this far? What was t...