The House On Lord Avenue

By DannyDisturbance

Harmony Van Wagner and her family just bought a new house and Harmony isn't happy at all she misses her old h... More

Ash's POV
Harmony's POV
Ash's POV
Harmony's POV
Harmony's POV
Ash's POV
Harmony's POV
Author's Note

Harmony's POV

3 1 0
By DannyDisturbance

When I heard we were moving my heart sank . I wasn't happy about leaving my old home . I miss my old room . The big space I had and being away from my parents that's what I missed the most . I hate my parents . My mom thinks I am not good enough as if I was supposed to be her perfect Angel . Well sorry mom but I am my own person . She doesn't care about me and never asks how I feel . We aren't close and that's that . My dad is worse then my mom . He is an abusive alcoholic it's why I can't sleep at night . He hits mom , fights with her , and doesn't even spend time with her . I have seen him hit mom and I have actually cried . It pains me to say but I actually feel sorry for mom . We don't spend anytime together as a family . It's really sad . We used to always spend time together but we haven't since I was five . These days it's fear , anger , sadness , loneliness , and hope that is in our minds . I haven't lost hope I know one day I will be free til then you just gotta keep on fighting .

I am a very positive person but I get scared to show my happy side around my parents . I used to always smile around them with no problem . Now a days I am afraid to smile with the fear of getting mocked to be smile . Almost like being happy is guilt feeling . I still do smile but I keep my happiness to myself . As I was looking out the window I realized it was time for me to change the song on my IPod . I changed the song and began listening to Happy Song by Bring Me The Horizon . They are my favorite band . My second favorite would have to either Black Veil Brides or Of Mice & Men . Anyway when we approached the house I thought it was pretty cool and it was different . It was a Victorian Gothic House , with an architecture style to it , on the outside the house was purple , and to the left were three windows . That section was painted dark purple , along the path way to the house were beautiful flowers , and purple violets by the staircase . When we came out of the color I thought it was absolutely beautiful . I walked up the steps towards the door and the front porch was so huge . There was a white chair on the front porch , a light hanging above , and there was something laying by the door . It was a newspaper wrapped in this peachy color so it didn't get wet . I opened it and the date was expired . What I saw next lowered my motivation a little bit . In the caption it read " 18 BOYS FOUND DIED AT THE HOUSE OF LORD AVENUE " !!!!  

My heart stopped I got a scared . But then I heard my parents coming up behind me . I put the newspaper inside of my jacket . I didn't want to be a downer and didn't want to be yelled at to my face . I'll read it later I thought and so my parents opened the door to the new house . I did my best to keep my motivation up so they didn't suspect anything . When they opened the door the inside was gorgeous to . The floor was white , it looked very clean , and shined when the sun touched it . There was a carpet , with three red chairs and a black table in the center , The steps to the staircase was red and gold , with a huge candle stick that was still lighting , there was two big windows , and a other window with a white curtain , other candlestick was by certain I assume for decoration , a stunning cylinder was hanging from the ceiling , pictures along the wall , on the front of the staircase sat a white vase , and a black table outlined in gold was to the left , and a other candlestick sat on top of it .

How many candlesticks did this owner have ? I thought to myself . Straight ahead were two steps that lead to a library and to the left was the kitchen . A other candle was hanging from the wall that was still lighting . I just find it weird how 2 out of the 4 candles are lighting not only that but why was the owner before us obsessed with candles ? Just seems strange to me . Anyway the library was enormous with hundreds of books I am just dying to read . The chair was black , along with the sofa , there was a foot rest by the chair so you could rest your feet and read , there was a blanket , and two pillows on the sofa , along with a carpet underneath , there was a desk , with a lamp by the sofa , when you looked out the window you could see who was coming and going , the walls were red , there was a black spiral staircase in the center , with a black fireplace , and a picture of a lady hanging above the fireplace . Before going up the staircase I couldn't but wonder who this woman could be . I walked up the staircase to see where it leads and I found out it lead to my new room . When I came up to my new room I saw the walls were black , purple carpeting , my bed was purple with a black curtain , my chest set was black outlined in purple , I had pastel purple curtains , a huge mirror by my closet , and I had two windows . Since I didn't have a balcony I did have to the roof to sit on which was next to a huge tree . 

I always loved sitting on the roof at my old house when my parents were fighting . I would escape to the roof and just look at the stars . I would make wishes upon a shooting stars if I saw one . Anyway I began unpacking my boxes and putting my clothes away while my parents were getting the rest of the boxes out of the car and unpacking as much as they can . After I was done unpacking all of my stuff I decided to go out for a walk . I grabbed my Eyes Set To Kill hoodie and came downstairs . I came in the kitchen and told my mom where I was going .

Harmony : Hey mom I am going out for a walk .

Her mom : That's fine . Be back soon I am gonna make dinner .

Harmony : Okay . I'll make sure to text you when I am coming home .

Her mom : Okay .

I shut the door behind me and began walking around . It's a little cold outside so I put on my hoodie and zipped it up . I came across a little park and was admiring the atmosphere . I saw some goth kids by the swing set and I smiled at them to be nice . They smiled back and one of them yelled to me " I like your hoodie !!  "  " Thank you "   I yelled back . I never really had any friends in my old town so this may be the opportunity to make some here . I walked over towards them and they were all very nice to me .

Raven : Hey what's up ?

Harmony : Hey it's nice to meet you . I am new here and I thought I would come over to say hey .

Raven : Well it's nice to meet you to . My name is Raven .

Harmony : My name is Harmony .

Raven : I have always loved that name .

Harmony : * Smiles * I like your hair Raven .

Raven's hair was blue with white tips , her makeup was pastel blue , her outfit was a blue fishnet top , black skinny jeans , and black chuck taylors , she had black fingernails , and a blue belt with silver chains , she had on black and blue bracelets / necklaces , and her top lip was blue and the bottom was black .

Raven : * Smiles * Thank you hun . I worked really hard on it . So your new here in town you said right ?

Harmony : Yep .

Raven : Cool let me introduce you to my friends this is Hayden , Stella , Alexander , Blake , and Ash .

Harmony : Nice to meet you guys .

Hayden : Nice to meet you to Harmony .

We were all talking and they were getting to know me . It was awesome I felt like I had actual people who liked me for me . They were all really nice especially Ash . He is gorgeous he had black hair , wore black eyeliner around his eyes , a skeleton hoodie , a Halloween t-shirt , a bat necklace , along with 3 other necklaces , black earrings , a  black belt with a chain on the side , skinny jeans , and black chuck taylors . His eyes were brown and so were mine . We all decided to go out to eat so we started walking to a chinese place in town that Hayden knows of . While they were walking ahead Ash and I were talking .

Ash : I really like your hoodie Harmony .

Harmony : Thanks . When I went to see Bring Me The Horizon in concert Eyes Set To Kill was touring with them . So I got a hoodie .

Ash : They are really good live .

Harmony : I know right .

Ash : And Bring Me The Horizon to .

Harmony : Oh my god yeah . 

Ash : So I take it your gonna be going to our school ?

Harmony : I would imagine so . What school do you go to ?

Ash : I go to Blue Valley High School .

Harmony : That's probably where I am going to be to .

Ash : Awesome * Smiles *

Harmony : * Smiles * I really like you guys and I appreciate you guys being nice to me . I didn't really have friends at my old school . I got bullied a lot .

Ash : Hey it's no problem . And that sucks trust me I have been there to .

Harmony : It sucks because my parents aren't really the greatest either so I felt alone at home and school .

Ash : Aww I am sorry sweetie . Hey your not alone now you have us as your friends now * Smiles * 

Harmony : * Smiles * Do you have a favorite band you like Ash ? Mine is Bring Me The Horizon obviously .

Ash : That's a good question * laughs a little *

Harmony : * Laughs to *

Ash : My favorite band would have to be Asking Alexandria . I have seen them live about 5 times now .

Harmony : Wow and I love Asking Alexandria . I have also seen other bands live like Black Veil Brides , Slipknot , Metallica , Breathe Carolina , Eyes Set To Kill , Bullet For My Valentine , etc . Just to name a few .

Ash : All those bands are really good and are good live to . I have never seen Slipknot live though .

Harmony : I'll have to take you sometime .

Ash : I look forward to it .

We both smiled and made it to the restaurant .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 235 17
Bella Swan, her son Mason and her dad Charlie just moved into in Forks Washington. The house was deep in through the woods in a field. Bella son is...
1.1K 134 18
Five high school students find out about the murders happening in a sealed building located at North Arena Street. Being teenagers with a curious min...
9 0 5
A series of short horror stories about hunters of the paranormal. Part 1 - The Gardener Two men arrive at a small town in rural Oregon. Children are...
1 1 1
This is a story of a normal seventeen-year-old girl forced into a war between good and evil. At seven they separate her from her twin brother by a st...