Higosha ~ Guardian

De KiraKisa

Lady Emiko holds the title Higosha: Guardian. Her sworn duty is to protect the Princess of the Northern Water... Mai multe

Chapter 1 ~ A Master
Chapter 2 ~ Tears
Chapter 3 ~ Yue
Chapter 4 ~ Little Soldier Boy
Chapter 5 ~ The Cave
Chapter 6 ~ Old friends
Chapter 7 ~ Memories
Chapter 8 ~ Waiting and Listening
Chapter 9 ~ Strangers
Chapter 10 ~ Knowledge
Chaper 11 ~ Sand
Chapter 12 ~ Hope
Chapter 13 ~ Mai
Chapter 14 ~ Mika, Quai Mai, and Dung
Chapter 15 ~ Lu Ten
Chapter 16 ~ Mizumi
Chapter 17 ~ Terrae Rex
Chapter 18 ~ Falling Crystal
Chapter 19 ~ Thank you, The Universe
Chapter 20 ~ Footloose
Chapter 21 ~ The Painted Lady
Chapter 22 ~ Lessons
Chapter 23 ~ Women
Chapter 24 ~ Legacy
Chapter 25 ~ Total Eclipse
Chapter 26 ~ Being Good
Chapter 27 ~ A Dancing Dragon
Chapter 28 ~ Boiling Anger
Chapter 30 ~ Hard Choices
Chapter 31 ~ Reunion
Chapter 32 ~ Ashes
Chapter 33 ~ Real Hero
Chapter 34 ~ Epilogue

Chapter 29 ~ Vacation

5K 156 72
De KiraKisa

The sound of birds greeted me as I opened my eyes. A faint smile played on my lips at the thought of a beautiful day, but that was ruined as an explosion rocked the area we were in. I jumped up and ran to Aang's side as I saw three Fire Nation ships descending on us. 

I pulled water out of the fountain and shot it at the incoming bombs, only buying us a little bit of time. Aang swung his staff forward and closed the doors, protecting us further. "How did they find us?" I demanded as I grabbed my things and tossed them into my sleeping bag and started doing the same to Katara's things before tossing them onto Appa's saddle. 

"Emi!" Sokka warned as pebbles rained down from the ceiling, I jumped to the side just as a boulder came down at the same time, another fell towards Katara.

"Watch out!" Zuko shouted, pushing Katara out of the way. 

"What are you doing?!" Katara demanded.

"Keeping rocks from crushing you," Zuko said. 

"Okay, I'm not crushed. You can get off me now," Katara snapped as I tossed more things onto Appa's saddle as Hakoda helped others grab their things. 

"I'll take that as a thank you," Zuko muttered. 

"Come on, we can get out through here!" Toph said as she and Haru made a tunnel. Aang tried to pull Appa to it, but he wouldn't budge. I grabbed the onto the reins and pulled, but Appa really did not want to go in. 

"What are you doing?" I asked Zuko as he stood in front of the panels as the room slowly began to fall apart. 

"Go ahead, I'll hold them off. I think this is a family visit," Zuko said as a panel fell off and he ran towards the air ships.

"Zuko, no!" Aang shouted.

"You idiot!" I shouted after him as I ran to where he went and looked out. 

"Emiko, don't!" Aang shouted, but I had already made up my mind. I took a deep breath before gathering as much water as I could and running out.I extended the water past my arms and grabbed onto the ship to see Azula standing on an observation rise. 

"What are you doing here?" Zuko demanded of her as my water arms grabbed onto one of the ropes of the airship. 

"You mean it's not obvious yet," Azula said spreading her arms. "I'm about to celebrate becoming an only child!"

"Not yet!" I shouted at her as I swung around and knocked her off the deck. As she fell, she took the opportunity to blast fire at Zuko. "Zuko!" I shouted in alarm as he fell and grabbed onto the ship to try not to plummet to his death. 

I went to jump after him when my path was blocked by flames, "not so fast, Emi."

"Azula, you don't want to kill your brother," I warned as I glanced at Zuko.

"I do, and you're not going to stop me," Azula seethed as she blasted lighting at me. 

I gasped as I held out my hand and began to redirect the lighting, but as I sent it flying out, the force of it pushed me back towards where I came from. I covered my face as I was about to meet a pillar only for a ball of air to surround me, "you okay?" Sokka asked me.

I nodded as I saw the others getting on Appa, "where are the others."

"We had to split up," Sokka said darkly.

"Sokka, Emiko, let's go!" Katara shouted at us.

I ran towards Appa and jumped on. I huddled myself into a corner and held on tight as Toph began to make us a way out. "Umm, there's an awful lot of fire in that general direction," Suki said as we looked out.  

"We'll get through, let's go," Aang said as Toph formed a shield around of made of earth and we went flying out. Fire began to get tossed at us, but Katara and I stood on Appa and blocked it with water. We flew right at Azula and she had to duck to not get hit by Appa. "Hold on!" Aang said as Appa avoided the flames. I felt myself go airborne for a moment before Toph grabbed my leg and pulled me down.

"How did you even?" I asked her as we hung on. 

"I could feel your feet leaving Appa," Toph said simply. 

I nodded and then my heart skipped a beat as I saw Azula and Zuko both falling off of the airship because of the power of their fire blasts. "Aang!" I shouted, Aang immediately turned Appa and I reached out for Zuko. He grabbed my arm and with Katara's help, we pulled the idiot bender back into the saddle. 

"She's not going to make it," Zuko said as we watched Azula fall. Her hair flying in the wind. Azula firebended with her feet and used the rocks to slow her descent, stopping and glaring at us when it worked. "Of course she did."

I glared at Zuko before I hit him, "you could have died!" I said angrily at him as he looked at me confused. 

"I'm fine," Zuko grumbled.

I swatted him again, "just don't go after Azula ever again, promise."

"I promise," Zuko sighed.

~H~

"Wow, camping. It really seems like old times again, doesn't it," Aang said as I absorbed the warmth of the flames. 

"If you really want to feel like old times, I could, uhh chase you around a while and try to capture you," Zuko said making us smile. 

"Haha," Katara said dryly.

"To Zuko. Who knew after all those times he tried to snuff us out, today, he be our hero," Sokka said raising his mug. 

"Here, here."

"I'm touched. I don't deserve this," Zuko said.

"Yeah, no kidding," Katara said curtly before standing up and leaving. 

"What's with her?" Sokka asked. 

"I wish I knew," Zuko said walking off as well.

"What's with him?"

I went to find either Zuko or Katara, but Zuko was going into Sokka's tent. So I decided to go and speak with Katara. I walked into her tent slowly and she was in a mood, "Katara? Can we talk?" 

"What is it Emiko?" Katara demanded.

"I didn't think we were at the North Pole anymore," I told Katara giving her a look.

Katara's face softened, "I'm sorry."

I smiled at her, "why don't you tell me what's bothering you."

"I don't trust Zuko, he betrayed us once, he will probably do it again. It's in his blood after all," Katara said.

I sighed, "what if you met a little baby and you knew he was a member of the royal family. Would you think he would become a vicious fire bender like his family?"

"Well Zuko and Azula turned out like that," Katara said.

"Okay, how about this: you know my little brother. You don't think he is naturally going to turn into a vicious bender," I said.

"Of course not," Katara said.

I gave her a look, "Katara his father is a firebender. Not just any fire bender, but his father is Lu Ten, General Iroh's son. He's part of the royal family, but you and I both know that doesn't mean my little brother is going to be a vicious killer."

"I don't know, he's different," Katara said stubbornly.

I sighed, "I don't think this is all about Zuko. I think this is also about what you've suffered from the fire nation, you just won't trust any firenation person because of what happened."

"You don't understand," Katara said.

I smiled sadly at her, "I understand better than most. The one person who made me realize that the firenation isn't all bad is a member of the royal family. It wasn't Zuko and it wasn't Lu Ten, but maybe if you give Zuko a chance, he can convince you too." 

~H~

"So, how was your night with Suki?" I teased Sokka and then we saw Katara and Zuko. 

"We're going to find the man who took my Mother from me," I heard Katara say. 

"Sokka told me the story of what happened. I know who did it. And I know how to find him," Zuko said. 

"Umm... and what exactly do you think this would accomplish?" Aang asked. 

"I knew you wouldn't understand," Katara said about to walk away.  

"Wait, stop, I do understand. You're feeling unbelievable pain and rage. How do you think I felt about the sandbenders when they stole Appa? How do you think I felt about the Fire Nation when I found out what happened to my people?" Aang asked trying to stop Katara. 

"She needs this,  Aang. This is about getting closure and justice," Zuko said. 

"I don't think so. I think it's about getting revenge," Aang said wisely. 

"Fine! Maybe it is. Maybe that's what I need. Maybe that's what he deserves," Katara said. 

"Katara, even with everything Zhao did to my mother. He didn't deserve to die the way he did, nobody deserves to be hunted down. If this was about facing the man and getting closure, than fine. But revenge and calling it justice, it's not right," I told her gently. 

"Katara, you sound like Jet," Aang added. 

"It's not the same. Jet attacked the innocent. This man, he's a monster," Katara said. 

"Katara, she was my Mother too. But I think Aang might be right," Sokka tried. 

"Then you didn't love her the way I did," Katara snapped. 

"Katara," Sokka said speechless.

"That's crossing a line," I told Katara as I grabbed Sokka's arm and pulled him away. I stopped in front of Zuko, "I hope you know what you're doing. Because if you mess this up, Katara is never going to be the same again."

"I'll keep her safe," Zuko said. 

Sokka and I watched from a distance as Katara and Zuko left. "You know, you're pretty wise for a kid," Sokka told Aang. 

"Thanks, Sokka."

"Usually it's annoying but right now, I'm just impressed."

"I appreciate that," Aang said narrowing his eyes. 

"So... can I borrow Momo for a week?"

"Why do you need Momo?" I asked curiously. It was awhile before Katara and Zuko came back, but the trip was good for her. She didn't kill the man, her heart was too good for that. In the end, she didn't forgive him either, but she did forgive Zuko. And really, she just needed somebody to show her that not all firnation people are bad. 

~H~

"Are you staring at him?" Katara asked me.

I looked at her confused, "their technique is really good. It's always wise to observe how other benders bend and learn from it."

"Face it, Katara. Emiko is too innocent to look at Zuko that way," Toph laughed. 

I turned beet red, "are you kidding me?!"

"Kidding what?" Zuko asked.

I looked at him with wide eyes and Katara came to my rescue, "doesn't it seem kinda weird that we're hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?"

"I told you, my Father hasn't come here since our family was actually happy. And that was a long time ago. This is the last place anyone would think to look for us," Zuko said. 

"You guys are not going to believe this. There's a play about us," Sokka said holding up a poster. 

"We were just in town and we found this poster," Suki said and I grimaced at the thing. 

"What, how is that possible?" Katara asked taking it. 

"Listen to this: The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu On Tim who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources including singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage," Sokka said reading it off. 

"Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players," Suki finished.  

"My Mother used to take us to see them. They butchered "Love Amongst The Dragons" every year," Zuko said.

"I remember that it was horrible," I said. 

"Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?" Katara asked. 

"Come on, a day at the theatre? This is the kind of wacky time wasting nonsense I've been missing," Sokka said.

I sighed, "I didn't know we were on vacation."

~H~

I walked in next to Zuko as we all took our seats and then Zuko sat next to Katara, and I sat on his other side. Aang looked around awkwardly,  "Hey, uh... I wanted to sit there."

"Just sit next to Emiko, what's the big deal?" Zuko said lowering his hood. 

"I was just... I wanted to... Okay," Aang said sitting next to me.

"Better luck next time," I told Aang with a wink. 

"Why are we sitting in the nose bleed section? My feet can't see a thing from up here," Toph complained. 

"Don't worry, I'll tell your feet what's happening," Katara said as the curtains drew back and we were met with an ugly surprise. 

"Sokka, my only brother. We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas and yet never do we find anything fulfilling," the actress playing Katara said. 

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach, I'm starving!" The actor playing Sokka said making me giggle. 

"Is food the only thing on your mind?" 'Katara' asked. 

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth. I'm starving," 'Sokka' said. 

"This is pathetic.My jokes are way funnier than this," the real Sokka said.

"I think he's got you pegged," Toph said laughing. And it only got worse from there as 'Katara' tear bended and then... 

"Oh my goodness," I said as the actress playing Aang popped out. 

"I'm the Avatar, silly. Here to spread  joy and fun."

"Wait, is that a woman playing me?" Aang asked.

I shook my head, "and I thought Zuko and Iroh's actors were bad. Can it get any worse?"

"Oh, they nailed you, Twinkle Toes," Toph said as it did indeed get worse. 

"Prince Zuko, you must try this cake," 'Iroh' said. 

"I don't have time to stuff my face. I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor!" 'Zuko' said. 

"Well, while you do that, maybe I'll capture another slice."

"You sicken me."

"They make me totally stiff and humorless," Zuko said annoyed. 

"Actually, I think that actor's pretty spot on," Katara and I said together. 

"How could you say that?" Zuko and the fake Zuko said together.

"Case and point," I said smiling as Katara high-fived me and Zuko slumped down in his seat. It just kept getting weirder, but oddly funny. Especially when the Blue Spirit showed up and saved 'Aang' who then called him her/his hero. Aang and Zuko shifted uncomfortably next to me and I bit back a laugh.

"Wait until we see yours," Zuko said with a wink.

"How bad could it be?" I shrugged. 

After some rather painful scenes later, the North Pole showed up. The opening scene was a girl with black hair knocking over all of the watertribe men, "wait is that you?" Katara asked curiously as the actress playing me said maybe three words and took out dozens of fire nations ships.

"It's surprisingly accurate," Zuko said. 

"Don't go, Yue. You're the only woman who's ever taken my mind off of food," 'Sokka' said to 'Yue' and they kissed making me wince.

"This is just offensive," I muttered angrily.

"Wait, did you have pickled fish for dinner?" 'Sokka' asked as 'Yue' died. 

"Goodbye, Sokka.  I have important Moon duties to take care of. And yes, I did have pickled fish," 'Yue' said making me fume.

"Are you okay?" Zuko whispered to me.

"She's my best friend and they just dishonored her," I fumed.

"Hey," Zuko said gently as he grabbed my hand. "You know what really happened, and so does every water tribe member. That's what matters."

I nodded sadly as Zuko let go of my hand, Katara nudged me and then gave me looks. I  made a face at her as Suki began to tease Sokka. "You never  told me you made out with the Moon Spirit."

"Shh. I'm trying to watch," Sokka said sadly making Suki annoyed. 

"The Avatar is back to save the day! Yay!" Fake Aang said making me roll my eyes. The others had similar reactions as Aang groaned in annoyance, Sokka facepalmed, and Zuko hid in his hood. 

~H~

"So far, this intermission is the best part of the play," Zuko deadpanned. 

"Apparently, the playwright thinks I'm an idiot who tells bad jokes about meat all the time," Sokka said annoyed. 

"Yeah, you tell bad jokes about plenty of other topics," Suki joked. 

"I know!"

"At least this Sokka actor kinda looks like you. That woman playing the Avatar doesn't resemble me at all," Aang complained. 

"I don't know, you are more in touch with your feminine side than most guys," Toph said annoying Aang.  

"They're not accurate portrayals. It's not like I'm a preachy crybaby who can't resist giving overemotional speeches about hope all the time," Katara said and we gave her a look. "What?"

"That's not you at all."

"Listen, friends. It's obvious that the playwright did his research. I know it must hurt but what you're seeing up there on that stage is the truth. Well, Emiko still rocks and kicks butt," Toph said. 

I shrugged, "I do talk more than they portrayed."

"Well, here we are in the Earth Kingdom," 'Katara' said as we all plopped down in our seats again.  

"I better have a look around to see if I can find an earthbending teacher," 'Aang' says. 

"This is it! This must be where I come in," Toph said excitedly. 

(Cut to actress Aang who flies one round above the audience and back to the stage)

"I flew all over town but I couldn't find a single earthbending master," 'Aang' said. 

"Here it comes," Toph said and then a huge man came out. 

"Who are you?" 'Aang' asked, voicing my thoughts. 

"My name is Toph because it sounds like tough.  And that's just what I am," 'Toph' said.  

"Wait a minute, I sound like a guy. A really buff guy," Toph said smiling.  

"Well Toph, what you hear up there is the truth. It hurts, doesn't it?" Katara said to Toph with a smirk. 

"Are you kidding me? I wouldn't have cast it any other way. At least it's not a flying bald lady," Toph said and I laughed as we continued to watch as things kept playing out weirder and weirder. 

"I can see you doing that.  I see everything that you see except that I don't see like you do. I release a sonic wave from my mouth," 'Toph' said.

I cringed, "and now they diss Earth Benders."

"Did Jet just... die?" Zuko asked a while later.

"You know, it was really unclear," Sokka said. 

"We're in the catacombs now," I said curiously since I was passed out for some of it. 

"I have to admit, Prince Zuko. I really find you attractive. But Emiko even more so," 'Katara' says.

"Please tell me that's not what you said before I woke up," I muttered to Katara as she blushed. 

"You don't have to make fun of me," 'Zuko' said.

"But I mean it," 'myself' said. "I had eyes for you since the day we first met."

Katara winked at me as Zuko and I turned beet red, this is not how things happened... "Wait, I thought you were engaged," 'Zuko' said.

My actress waved her hands, "the water tribe doesn't own me."

I sunk down in my chair as Zuko fidgeted so much he almost lit Aang on fire, Aang jumped up quickly and I put out the fire. "Oh, you're getting up? Can you get me some fire flakes? Oh and fire gummies," Sokka said as the play continued. 

"Well, my brother. What's it going to be? Your nation or a life of treachery?" 'Azula' asked.

"Choose treachery, it's more fun," 'Iroh' said.

"He has a point," I whispered to Zuko as we both got over the awkwardness from before. Zuko nodded and then cringed as he watched himself betray Iroh. 

"I hate you, Uncle. You smell and I hate you for all time."

"You didn't really say that, did you?" Katara asked Zuko. 

"I might as well have," Zuko said sadly. I grabbed his hand quickly and squeezed it, he looked at me surprised but his face morphed into a real one as I smiled at him. We both turned back to the horrendous play as it continued, but we didn't let go of each other's hand. 

The second act ended with Aang being electrocuted and everybody filed out. Zuko stayed with me as we just sat in silence. That is until I broke it. "I know you're not okay, talk to me," I said looking at Zuko.

Zuko sighed, "the person playing you is accurate. You're kind, powerful, you do what is right. You even take in the fox. And the person playing me is accurate too. But for me, it takes all the mistakes I've made in my life and shove them back in my face. My Uncle. He's always been on my side even when things were bad. He was there for me. He taught me so much and how do I repay him? With a knife in his back. It's my greatest regret and I may never get to redeem myself."

"You have redeemed yourself," I told him gently. 

"How do you know?"

"Because I once had a long conversation with the guy and all he would talk about was you," Toph said from behind us. 

"Really?"

"Yeah, and it was kind of annoying."

"Oh, sorry."

"But it was also very sweet," Toph added.

"All your Iroh wanted was for you to find your own path and see the light. Now you're here with us. He'd be proud," I told Zuko squeezing his hand again and Toph hit him. 

"Ow. What was that for?" Zuko asked rubbing his arm as he let go of my hand. 

"That's how I show affection," Toph said smiling at me. 

When the play started again, it wasn't the best ending we could hope for. "With the energy harnessed from that comet, no one will be able to stop the Fire Nation!" 'Ozai' said. 

"Father, Zuko and the Avatar are at the palace. They're  trying to stop you," 'Azula' said. 

"You take care of Zuko. I shall face the Avatar myself," 'Ozai' said. 

"Aang, you fight the Fire Lord, I'll hold her off," 'Zuko' said.

(Actress Aang gets pulled up by the rope)

"You are no longer my brother. You are an enemy," 'Azula' said.

"I am the rightful heir to the throne!" 'Zuko' said.

"Surprisingly accurate," I told Zuko as we watched, and then my eyes widened as they acted out the predicted ending. 

"Honor!" Zuko's character said as he died, and Azula's character had killed him. 

"They, why..." I said nervously and then it turned to Aang. 

"No, it is you who are going down. You see, you are too late. The comet is already here and I'm unstoppable," 'Ozai' said and then in all of the streamers 'Aang' died. All I know that as Higosha, I can't allow that to happen. There is no way it will happen, I will give my life before it does. 

~H~

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

201K 6.5K 30
𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐜𝐞 | ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ❝ I'm doing this because I care about the people who need help. ❞ ✎ 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐫: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭...
122K 4.1K 17
[Zuko x Oc] Aang has finally mastered waterbending but now it's time to learn earthbending. Finding a master for Aang requires everyone to work toget...
254K 7.7K 35
Raised in the North Western water Tribe, Tasha Ayuzawa was an extraordinary girl. She was a strong willed, powerful water-bender and warrior of the t...
95.1K 1.9K 19
You're the daughter of the beifong's and sister to toph. When toph was born your parents put you in training to protect her but as she grew up, you k...