One Day, Maybe (Wesley Johns...

נכתב על ידי babywolf251

You found it hard to find work after you graduated college. It seemed like no one in your hometown wanted to... עוד

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Authors Note

Chapter 1

5.2K 64 168
נכתב על ידי babywolf251

  You walk through your hometown in Ohio, searching for a job. Everywhere you turned, you had no luck. Even after four years of college and a bachelor's degree in editing and digital graphics, no one wanted to hire you for "lack of job experience." You go home to your four bedroom home, defeated.

*bing*

Your phone went off as you walked through the door. You look to see a video update from your favorite gaming channel, Smosh Games. It was another episode of Grand Theft Smosh. You decide to head up to your bedroom and watch it, giggling at your phone screen as Lasercorn planted yet another sticky bomb onto Jovenshire's back and detonating it.

"YOU MOTHERF*beep*ER!" Your speakers yell from your phone, "WHY THE F*beep* WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Officer Corn does not have to answer your silly questions." Lasercorn paused, "I am the law." He said in his usual 'Officer Corn' voice. You could hear Mari, Sohinki, and Wes laugh in the background, causing you to laugh as well.

"(Y/n)! Supper is ready!" Your mother yelled from the kitchen downstairs. You make your way to the kitchen, tripping on the stairs on the way down, landing face first on the floor below.

"Uhhh... sis?" Your older sister questioned.

"Just checking the gravity." You said, straining your voice through the pain, "Yup. It's good." You grunt as your sister picks you up off the floor.

"You need to be more careful," She laughed, "There are better ways then body slamming the ground to make sure gravity is still intact." You both started laughing, you rubbed your now bruised ribcage.

"That sounded like it hurt." Your older brother said as you walked into the kitchen. You were the middle child of five. Yep. You heard me. Five.

You had two brothers and two sisters. One of each was younger or older than you. The oldest was your brother Tommy, then the second child, Tiffany, then you being the third, then there was Victoria and the youngest, Zyler. Tommy was 27, Tiffany was 25, you are 21, Victoria was 19 and little Zyler was 16. Not everyone lived with your parents, only you, Victoria, and Zyler. Tommy lived in LA while Tiffany lived somewhere in West Virginia, both because of business. Tommy has a wife named Rhonie, Tiffany has a boyfriend named Zach. Victoria is engaged to her girlfriend Annabelle, and Zyler has a girlfriend named Chloe. And, sadly, you are the only one still single. Of course, you dated in college, but nothing to be proud of.

Your family was in town to celebrate your graduation from college. There was a large dinner set on the table as well as a cake that read "Congratulations, (Y/n)!" With a little diploma and graduation cap. The cake itself was (Dream/College/Color) and the trim was its accent. There was a large emblem on the upper left-hand corner.

"No. It didn't hurt at all." You said, your voice laced with sarcasm. You both laughed to each other as you sat at the end of the table across from your father, James. Your mother, Lily, came up behind you and threw her arms around you, causing you to jump from both being surprised and the pain it caused your chest.

"WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU, (Y/N)!" She almost yelled in your ear before letting out a small whine, indicating that she had begun to cry.

"Mom, it's okay," Victoria said, comforting her.

"Y-Yeah. I'm just so proud of my girl." She said. No one got offended because they knew how rough you had it while growing up from bullying to problems with distant family, but that's a story for another time.

"Alright, let's dig in!" Your father announced. You all had taken your places around the table and began filling your plates, passing the separate choices of food around the table so everyone could have some. You, however, barely ate. You were still bummed that you had yet to get a job.

"What's wrong honey? (Favorite/Food) is your favorite!" You mother called from your right side.

"I know mom, I'm just a little bummed out, that's all." You confessed. Victoria rested her hand on your forearm, comforting you by saying, "You'll find a job, (Y/n). I promise." You nodded and smiled at her answer.

Once all food items were passed around, everyone dug in (if you want you can add in a prayer if you are religious). All that could be heard was the sound of knives and forks scraping across ceramic plates as everyone enjoyed the home-cooked meal. You finished your meal quickly, as you hadn't gotten much to begin with.

"You can get seconds if you would like, honey." Your mother offered. You shook your head, indicating you were full with a pat to the stomach.

After about 15 minutes, everyone finished their meals. Your mother stood, rushing into the living room. She came back with several cards and boxes wrapped in gift paper.

"You guys shouldn't have." You said, smiling to your family.

"Well, we did and well, you're opening them," Tommy said from the seat to the left of your father.

"Thank you guys." You smiled as your mother cleared off most of the things from the table, placing the small packages and envelopes on the table. You grabbed the first envelope, it was from Tommy and Rhonie. You opened it and all that you could see that was inside was a card. You took it out of the package and opened it and read "Congratulations, (Y/n). We are very proud of you." With a picture of the two of them taped to a $50 bill.

"Tell Rhonie I'll keep this picture in my wallet." You laughed and placed the items back into the envelope. You picked up the second one, it was from Tiffany and her boyfriend Zach. Inside was a colorful card. You opened the card to find a $100 bill and a picture of their German Shepherd, Maxx, which you adored.

"Thanks, Tiff." She nodded. You grabbed the last envelope. It was from Zyler's girlfriend Chole. You opened it to find a picture of the two of them holding hands and kissing at the beach just a few miles from your house. The handwritten note read "Sorry I couldn't be there. I'm so proud! Love ya!" You took the picture and smiled. You had always thought that Chole was adorable.

You grabbed the first package that was from Victoria and her girlfriend Annabelle. You opened it to find a hoodie with the Smosh logo printed on the front. You took it out, placing it on your lap. Underneath you found a t-shirt that had a picture of Sam and Dean Winchester from Supernatural. You moved the t-shirt and found an envelope. You opened it. It was a singing card and it sang the song "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas with and a picture of the Impala from Supernatural. 'Inside' the car was another $50 bill.

You hugged Victoria and thanked her, she was the only one who knew exactly what you wanted. Mainly because one, she asked and two, she also watched Smosh and Supernatural and many other YouTubers and shows you found entertaining.

You got to the last package and the top said: "From mommy and daddy." You opened it. Inside there was a ton of newspaper. You tore out the newspaper to find a smaller box. You unwrapped the box and opened it. Inside was a one-way ticket to Los Angeles. You looked up at your mom.

"A-Are you serious?" You looked up at your mother and father, who were both smiling. You jumped up and hugged them tightly.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH!" You said, practically choking them.

"You're welcome, honey. Maybe you will find your calling in LA. Like your brother, Tommy." They pointed to Tommy. Tommy had a job in the modeling business, and where he also found Rhonie.

"It was also my idea for you to come to LA for a month." He confessed. You ran up and hugged him, thanking him over and over.

"You're welcome, (Y/n). Anything for my favorite sister." You heard a small chuckle from the other two. You broke the embrace and ran up to your room, taking all of your gifts with you. Reading the ticket downstairs, you knew that you left with Tommy tomorrow on a morning flight. So, you grabbed your suitcase from your closet. But, when you opened it, it was already packed. You placed your new jacket and t-shirt in it and zipped it back up. You made sure that there wasn't anything missing that you would need for the trip. Most things were in there except your makeup and laptop, which you packed.

Your mother opened the door, letting you know that it was getting late and that you need to get to sleep so you wouldn't miss your flight. You nodded and hugged her. Yelling "Goodnight!" so everyone downstairs could hear you. You got a few responses and went back into your room. You changed into your pajamas and hopped in bed, which you had been sharing with Tiffany while she visited. She walked into the room shortly after you had plugged in your phone.

"So, are you excited to go to LA with Tommy tomorrow?" She asked. You nodded, excitedly. She changed into her pajamas while the two of you continued to talk.

"What are you most excited for?" She said, jumping on the bed once she finished.

"Umm.. probably just being there, I guess." You lied. You were hoping to meet at least one of the members of Smosh or any other YouTuber that you enjoyed watching. But you couldn't tell her that because she wouldn't understand.

"C'mon we both know it's because of all of the hot guys that are there!" She nudged your side and you gave her your 'Oh! You caught me' smile and shrugged. You both laughed. You decided to check your notifications on your phone before you went to sleep. There was another notification from YouTube that said "Now Hiring" and the familiar Smosh Games logo beside it. You tap on it and type in your passcode. You quickly got up and walked to the bathroom across the hallway from your door as the video loaded quickly.

"Hello everybody and welcome back to another video but this video, however, is different. We are announcing that we are hiring a new editor!! If you find yourself in LA during the next week, just come into the office and we will give you the chance to work here as our new editor! Just bring a resume with you when you show up. JOVEN OUT!" Joven said as the camera cuts out, ending the video. There was a link to the website which contained some guidelines, which you just so happened to fit all of. You clapped excitedly to yourself as you started to think of all the things to fill your resume with.

You squealed in excitement. First, you were going to live in LA with your oldest brother for a month, and second, you had the chance to apply to work with your favorite people on the face of the earth! Even if they didn't know you existed, yet, they were still your favorite because they always seemed to know how to make you smile even if it was just them playing video games with each other and having a genuinely good time.

You quickly made your way back to your room, lying down on your bed and quickly fall asleep next to Tiffany.

~

A/N
I would like to warn everyone that updates on this will be EXTREMELY SLOW! With school and after school activities such as sports, I do not have much time to write to have the opportunity to publish very many long, detailed parts, which I personally prefer. As well as my very low self esteem about my writing skills and being a perfectionist with everything I do and wanting everything to be perfect when I publish, it will be very long periods between uploads, so I apologize in advance to everyone who may get annoyed with my slow uploading. I hope you enjoy this story anyways!

-

A/N
Hey guys! It's author-Chan from the future!! It came to my attention that I made a small mistake and forgot to check my work before publishing. Zyler's girlfriend in this story is named CHLOE not BRITTANY. I'm sorry for the confusion and I fixed it for any future readers who come along! I apologize again!!

~babywolf251

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

30.7K 493 12
You have just graduated film school and are looking for a job that has to do with filming. Smosh Games is recently looking for a new editor. You get...
31.6K 587 43
*language warning* #1 in #colbybrockfanfiction 12/14/18 1k Reads 2/13/19! Woo hoo!
8.5K 128 15
(Y/N) lived a completely normal life as a YouTuber. She had millions of subscribers and amazing friends. Nothing could get any better... Or could it...
96K 1.9K 25
There's a new gamer girl in town, specifically in the Smosh Games office! Now this could mean many things, new romances or drama. But the leaders of...