The Forgotten Warrior

By infinityshipper04

Sequel to The Unknown Enemy!! RECONTINUED!!! Astrid has lost her memories of the Unknown Enemy and Hiccup... More

Bits and Pieces
Connect the Dots pt 1
Connect the Dots pt 2
Remember When
Cuts and Bruises
Astrid the Terrorist
Uncover
Are you trying to distract me?
Stoicks Plan pt.1
Stoicks Plan pt. 2
♡Scents♡
The Aftermath pt. 1
The Aftermath pt 2
◾ Went Black◾
*To the Touch*
▪Of all People▪
¤Dream¤
Miss. Hofferson
♡Haddock♡
*BOOM*
Authors Note
A/N
Let Him Go
Departure
Dragon Hunters
The Tour
Tending the Wound
▪The Beginning▪
Halfway There
Hypocrite
Right?
What are you doing to me?
A Friend of the Savior's
Challenge pt 1
Challenge pt 2
Sister
Sister
The Forgotten Warrior

《The Start》

527 12 2
By infinityshipper04

Hiccups POV

We were hugging and then a cold shiver ran done my spine and woke me from my thoughts... it was skin against skin.

But how, I had my armor on?

I guess she found a small gap between my amor and my helmet. I'm not complaining, it just took me by surprise.

I tightened my grip and took in her scent. It always seems to calm me. Her scent is the perfect combination of blood, metal, wood, leather, soap, and a faint scent of healing oitment. I guess she didn't use the oitments that often. That would explain the why the scent of blood is a but stronger than the others.

There was a squak and a grumble from the Nadder and Toothless.

We parted.

"Oh, right sorry." I sheepishly said, while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Yeah me too. " She said. I couldn't tell if she was imbarrassed or blushing, but I took it as embarrasment, knowing Astrid.

"Let's go spy on a meeting." I said making my way towards the Great Hall.

"Whoa! Wait!"

I turned around and gave her a confused look, "What?"

"We can't just walk up there. There is someone guarding the door."

"Well, it's just one person I can take them out." At that very moment, Astrid Fearless Hofferson face palmed in annoyance. (I know that's not her middle name..)

"What?"

"Gobber is guarding, he may be old, but.."

I cut her off, "Wait Gobber is guarding?!?"

"Keep your voice down will you?" She whisper/yelled.

At that moment Gobber looked in our direction. So I did the first thing that came to mind: I pulled out my wings, shoved Astrid into the deep shadow behind us, and cover her up with one of my wings. Luckily the Nadder and Toothless went back around the cornner of the hut.

"Your armor has wings?!?" Again, she whisper/yelled.

I chuckled,"Yeah"

"Who's out there?" Asked Gobber, "yer betta' show yer self!"

We stayed as still as possible, we didn't dare to breath.

"Snotlot! This isn't funny." He belloowed, "Yer betta come out now lad!"

"Gobber! What are you yelling about?" Yelled Snotlout from his family's hut.

Gobber looked from Snotlout to the spot we were hiding.

"Alright. Ruffnut, Tuffnut you can come out now!"

Then, almost on cue, the twins ran by chasing a pack of boars.

Gobber, again, looked from the twins to where we were hiding. Then he started walking towards us.

"Who's there?"

"Astrid. What do we do?" I whispered.

"This" She pushed her door open and pulled me in. She then shut the door behind us.

There was a knock at the door. "Astrid!"

"Go up stairs and don't make any noise." She warned

I did as she said and as soon as I was hidden, she answered the door.
____________________________________________________________________
(Astrids POV)

This was becoming a lot complicated than I'd hoped.

Once I was sure the Unknown Enemy was hidden, I answered the door.

"Hey Gobber" I tried to act natural

"Don't 'hey Gobber' me!" He belloewed. "Why ar' yer snooping?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, 'confused'.

"Yer know exactly what I mean!" He yelled.

"I wasn't snooping!" I yelled back.

"I heard yer door open and close!" As he said that I saw the twins and Snotlout slip into the Great Hall.

"Well I'm glad you heard my door, but too bad you didn't here the doors to the Great Hall open and close." Lucky as I said that, Snotlout was still closing the big doors.

Gobber took off, up the steps, towards the Great Hall.

I laughed and went up stairs to find the Enemy.

He was looking through some old drawings I had of Hiccup.

He didn't even look up from them," You know, you're a good drawer."

"Thanks, but can we not look at those right now?"

"Yeah sure, let's get to that meeting."

Just as we turned to head out, Heather comes rushing up the stairs and towards us.

"Astrid! There you are! I have been looking for you since this afternoon, but that doesn't matter." She was excited about something,"Snotlout and the twins just got caught for trying to sneak into the meeting. It was the funniest thing ever!" Then she can into realization and noticed who was standing behind me,"Oh, and he's here. In your room. Am I interrupting something?"

We both looked at each other, then at her, and then we both exclaimed," What! No, no, no!"

Then a horn blew, symbolizing that the meeting had ended.

I sighed in exhaustion and disapointment. Now I'll never know what happened in that meeting.

**three day skip**

It has been a couple of days since the meeting and everything seemed pretty normal, the Uknown Enemy came and went and I was training for hours with Stormfly. That's what I named the Nadder. Until today...

Today, everyone was busy. Gobber was busy in the forge, Bucket and Mulch were busy finshing, Phlegma was helping prepare all of the houses, Sven was buys with the farms, people were busy preparing catapults, others were busy testing weapons, Gothi was gathering as many healing items as she could, caves were being prepared for the children, traps were set, even Trader Johan was here selling or trading items from armor and weapons to squid ink and pencils.

All of this fuss, left us teens dumbfounded. None of us knew what was happening. Whenever we asked someone who we going on, we would get a vague answer like: we're preparing or I'm busy, sorry.

So I decided to leave the group for a while to go training in the woods with Stormfly. Once I grew tired, I decided to keep training her. Once we reached our training goal for the day, I decided to say 'bye' and go home to make some lunch. When I was done eating, I decided to go to the forge to get my axe sharpened.

"Hey Gobber."

"Hey Astrid."

"I'm sorry about the other night, Gobber."

"Me too. So what can I do fer ya?"

"Well I was wondering if I could get my axe sharpened."

"Already git the blade dull? I just sharpened it last week!" He exclaimed.

"Yep!"

"You need to take it easy sometimes. This blade isnt necisarly new."

"I know, but i have to stay sharp and strong!"

"Well, I'm more than happy to sharpen it, but I won't be able to get it back to yer 'til tonight. I have a lot of personal weapons that need sharpenin'."

"Ok, thanks Gobber!" I said while walking away.

I was trying to find the others. I eventually found them in the Great Hall, playing Maces and Talons. Makes and Talons is a game to test the skills of future cheifs.

We played multiple rounds over and over until we all got fed up with the game. So then I suggested to go and see what Trader Johan has. Snotlout traded a necklace of dragon teeth for a cool mace that is like a cube, but on each of the four sides is a metal spike. Fishlegs traded a book of dragon knowledge for another book and a belt with small satchels attached. Tuffnut traded a sheild he stole from the arena for a two headed spear and a mace that he named and talks to. (Macey) Ruffnut traded a few Night Fury scales she found after a battle for a different type of two headed spear, paint, food, two necklaces with one matching dragon tooth on each (one for herself and one for Tuff), and a pair of gears she wanted to use for a prank she had planned. Apparently you could get quite a lot for a few Night Fury scales. I took a closer look at the gears Ruff got and it had Hiccup's name written all over it. (Metaphorically, of course)

"Hey Trader Johan?"

"Yes Ms. Astrid?"

"Where did you get those gears?"

"Oh, those?"

"I got them from someone on a small island far, far away."

Ok, that was supicious. His answer was vague. Usually if I asked him where he got something, he had a long, long, long story to tell.

"What was the name of the island?"

"I'm sorry Ms,Astrid, but for this particular island, I was sworn to secrecy."

"You were sworn to secrecy?" Asked Ruff.

Now all of us teens were surrounding him to make him feel outnumbered and cornnered.

"Yes."

Another vague answer.

"By who?" Asked Tuff.

"By a viking."

Man, this is the longest he's ever held information in.

"What is this viking's name?" Asked Snotlout.

"I'm afraid I was sworn to secrecy on the name too."

"Describe this viking." Added Heather.

Wow. This viking must have really scared Johan.

"Ok, um. He is incredible, amazing, smart, strong, unique, different, wise, helpful, kind, thoughtful, caring, great, brave, selfless, - "

Nevermind on the scary part.

Then Tuff cut him off, " Yeah that's great. Do you have anything bad to say about him?"

"Well, he's secretive, mysterious, takes on more then he can handle, he often gets himself into trouble, he has certain responsibilities that he ignores, he's shy, inpredictable, and, well I got nothing else."

None of those sound like bad things.

"That's all?" I questioned.

"Well Ms. Astrid, I could tell you a bit more, but you a guys are holding up my costumers."

I turned around to see a huge line of people waiting to trade and buy needed or wanted things. So we took our things and left.

**short time skip**

It was now sundown. People were scattered all over the island. There were loads of people in the center of the village, there were people in the arena, people hidden in trees, hidden in bushes, people using there own houses as cover, there were people in the Great Hall, even more outside of the Great Hall, and all the caves were guarded. Gothi even had a healing station set up. That was, of course, heavily guarded. It looked like we were preparing for war.

"You kids should go to the caves with the others." Instructed Stoick.

Then we all chipped in, KEY: Astrid, Heather, Snotlout, Ruff, Tuff, Fishlegs

"No way! I'm fighting!"

"We're stronger together than we are apart!"

"I'm strong enough to handle this!"

"I don't want to hang out with babies!"

"Yeah! Babies always cry!"

"I'm perfectly fine going with them!"

"Calm down! I didn't ask for your permission!" Yelled the cheif. "Now go!"

With a sigh, we all headed towards the caves. By the time we got there, it was dark, and then it was pitched black. Then that's when we heard it........THE WHISTLE OF A NIGHT FURY

____________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR NOT WRITING FOR A WHILE. I HAVE BEEN PREOCCUPIED BY ANOTHER STORY. IT'S CALLED SECRETS AND LIES. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF BOOKS CALLED THAT, BUT IF YOU JUST LOOK UP MY USERNAME, THEN YOU WILL SEE ALL OF MY BOOKS. SORRY FOR THE LONG CHAPTER AS WELL. ANYWAY, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
-infinityshipper04

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 48 16
BOOK 1 How To Train Your Dragon OC Insert What if Hiccup had a girl best friend? How would she play in the movie? What kind of dragon does she have? ...
461K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
11.1K 289 27
What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance, a new Chief...
38.5K 1.2K 27
This is the third book of my Hiccstrid fanfictions series, which is why I highly recommend that you read the two books before this for the best possi...