Something Great (UNDER RECONS...

By salemathebear

Gail Marie Thorne; The typical geeky girl of the school. Gail always hung out with the "nerd herd". At least... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Bad News :/
News!
Important news

Chapter 2

101 2 0
By salemathebear

Chapter 2

     The last bell rings, signifying that school was over. I walk with the rest of the Herd, and we separate to go to our lockers. Kay and I’s lockers are next to each other’s, so we talk about typical nerd things. (Homework, physics, etc.)

     “Gail!” I hear a familiar voice call from behind me. I turn around to see Shane walking in Kay and I’s direction. I smile and wave at him.

     “H-hi Shane.” I say quietly, looking down at my oxfords.

     “Hey…Kayla right?” He turns to Kay and she nods, smiling and then leaving to go home.

     “You ready for some teaching?” Shane grins and poses for emphasis, earning some strange looks from people passing by us.

     “You ready f-for some learning?” I mimic him, smiling slightly.

     He grins again and puts his hands in his pockets. “So, you ready to go?”

     “Y-yeah.” I close my locker and start walking behind Shane to his car. We earn some stares and I hear a few whispers.

     ‘Why is Shane Wilson hanging out with Gail Thorne?’

     ‘Ew! Shane’s hanging with a Herd!’

     “Shane!” I hear a voice call from behind us. We turn around to see Tammy running over to him.

     “Hey, Tams.” He kisses her on the cheek.

     “H-hi, Tammy.” I look down at my shoes once again.

     Her pretty blue eyes light up when she sees me. “Gail! Hey!” She grins and hugs me unexpectedly, and I hug back after a few seconds.

    “Your outfit looks r-really cool Tammy,” She’s wearing a bright blue graphic t-shirt with a cartoon dog wearing a hat and sunglasses, white capris and pink checkered sneakers along with colorful bracelets and necklaces.

     “Thanks! I felt so happy today so I wanted to be bright! And my hair took like forever.” She smiles and looks down at her outfit. I look at her hair. It was French side braided in fishtail style. It looked cool, since she had blonde hair that faded to pink.

     I acknowledge her contagious smile, and she looks back up at Shane. “I was wondering if I could use you for my art project,” She smiles (for the like 10th time). “We have to paint a portrait of someone we really care about, so I chose you!” She pokes his side.

     “Sure,” He smiles. “Now I’ve got to go. Gail’s helping me study for the big physics exam coming up.”

    “Okay! Love you Shane,” Tammy smiles as she kisses Shane on the cheek and waves at me. “Bye, Gail! Nice talking to you!”

     “Y-you too!” I call back as Shane and I make it to his car. Tammy is so sweet! Now I know why Shane loves her. She’s always smiling and happy!

---

     Shane has a really nice car. It’s a white Camry with a black stripe across the sides. We get into his car and then he starts to drive to his house.

     “Gail, I have a question.” He says as he turns a corner.

      I look up at him from my book and push up my glasses. “W-what is it S-Shane?”

     “Why do you always stutter?” He questions, quickly looking at me and then back to the road.

     “Uh I-I get really n-nervous when I’m around people t-that aren’t part of t-the Herd.” I look back down at my book and adjust my glasses once again.

     “You know you don’t have to be all nervous around me, right?” He assures me. “I’m your friend. I’d never be a Stinger even if Shelby’s Louis Vuitton handbags depended on it!”

     I laugh, showing my full set of blue braces. “W-why are you s-so mean to your s-sister?” I manage to choke out in between laughs.

     “You know it’s true, Gail!” He laughs along with me. We slow to a halt and I assume we’re here.

     I look up and my eyes meet a beautiful white mansion with a huge flower garden in the front, along with a beautiful white fountain. I gasp as I get out and have a better look. Shane laughs and leads me into the house, which looks just as beautiful. There’s hardwood floors with a black modern couch, a huge 72 inch plasma screen TV, a black coffee table and a white rug. I’m assuming that’s the living room. It’s pretty big for a living room!

     “Shane? Is that you?” I hear an unfamiliar girl’s voice from a distance. A door opens and a girl around the age of 13 walks into the room. She was very attractive. The girl had long, wavy light brown hair that stopped at her hips, lightly tanned skin, pretty hazel eyes and she was fairly tall. Around 5’5” I’m guessing. Her features made her look innocent and angelic.

     “Hey, Krista,” Shane hugs the girl, who I’m assuming is Krista. “This is my friend, Gail. Gail, this is Krista, my younger sister.”

     Krista smiles and shakes my hand. “Gail. I like that name!” Wow, she was very friendly as a first impression.

     “T-thank you,” I smile back at her. “I like the name Krista.”

    “You’re really pretty, Gail! I love your hair!” She compliments my two French braids. I smile and thank her.

     “Well it was nice meeting you! I’ve got to get back to my homework. Later!” Krista smiles and waves as she disappears around a corner. How are Krista and Shane so sweet, but Shelby is so rude and mean? Is that even humanely possible?!

---

     “What is c-constant velocity?” I ask Shane as I eat another grape.

     “Ummm,” He lies back on his bed as he thinks hard. “I’m guessing motion in a straight line at a constant speed?” He sits back up, takes my grape and eats it.

     “Hey!” I playfully scold him. “Not cool!”

      A smile breaks out on his face. “You didn’t stutter!”

     “Hey I guess I didn’t!” I grin as I don’t stutter once again.

     “That means you’re more relaxed, right?” Shane asks me, and I nod.

     “I guess being around someone who’s a really good friend has me relaxed.” I smile, feeling slightly confident.

     We continue studying, and then Shane and I start randomly talking. I found out that we both like reading, playing instruments and both of us love charity events. A little after we sit and watch TV on his couch eating like fat asses, we hear a familiar, unwanted voice from behind us.

     “Shane! Krista! I’m home and I brought Cindy and Amanda!” Shelby calls. Watch as drama starts up in this house. Why did she have to come now? Shane, Krista and I were just about to go play on his Wii and then the evil comes. I wonder what’s going to happen now….

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

551K 13.4K 25
Emery Scott was a shy quiet nerd who always got picked on but tried to stay out of everyone's way. She got picked on from 6th grade to sophomore year...
12K 228 20
Skyler Jackson is popular. Having only one person in between her and becoming Queen Bee of the school. She's not like those obnoxious and stereotypic...
7.9K 483 34
What happens when you go from being unpopular to popular in a day. Stacey Craft is the school's nerd,she was pretty sure nobody even knew she existed...
98.7K 2.3K 34
Savannah Maxwell is the most popular girl in school but she's not your typical 'popular girl'; she's nice to literally everyone, caring, funny, tries...