Chapter 6

Chapter 6

     “Later, Shane!” I wave at him as he drives off.

     I get into the house, and when the door is closed, I rest my back on it, thinking about tonight. I don’t want to go to the movies with Harry! He’s faking the whole ‘I like you’ thing! Dear god, he’s a Stinger for goodness sakes! The worst case scenario is that he’ll keep bothering me for the rest of my days. Best case scenario is that he’ll leave me alone!

     “Ah, Gail you’re home!” Aunt Anya calls from the kitchen. “Help me with dinner, sweetheart!”

     I go into the kitchen, and there stands my beautiful Aunt Anya. “Hey, Auntie!”

     She kisses me on the cheek. “Well someone’s in a good mood! What happened today?”

     Grinning, I tell her about everything that happened today. I told her about Shane, Krista and how I met Harry. I even told her that we’re going out to the movies tonight.

     “Oh my god, Gail,” Auntie hugs me tight. “Sweetheart, you’re finally making new friends! I’m proud of you!”

     “I didn’t want to go, but Shane gave me no choice.” I explain to her, mixing up some spaghetti sauce in the pot.

     “Good,” She laughs, grabbing the parmesan cheese. “I haven’t seen you with any new friends ever since you were ten! You stayed with Kayla and only her! Nobody else.”

     “I kind of wanted to keep it that way, Auntie.” I smile, grabbing the spaghetti and putting it into a separate pot.

     “Well, Gail honey,” Auntie wipes off her hands and looks deep into my eyes with her bright blue ones. “You need to get out more and make some friends. I haven’t seen you this happy since you were in 5th grade. I know that it’s hard, but honey you can’t stay like this forever.”

     “I know, Auntie.” A small smile appears on her face and a stray tear rolls down my cheek.

     Automatically, she pulls me into her arms. “It’s okay, Gail.” She whispers in a soothing voice. “You’re okay.”

     We pull out of the hug and I go upstairs to greet my siblings. Let us all pray that Lucas isn’t watching porn at the moment.

     I slowly walk to Lucas’ bedroom door, and listen for porn noises. Thank god I only heard gunshots from his Xbox.

     “Hello, faggot!” I barge into his room and plop down on his bed. “What are ya doing?” Hanging upside down, I play with a random squishy ball on the floor.

     “I’m having a unicorn party, Gail. What the fuck does it look like?” He smartasses me. I roll my eyes and swat the controller out of his hands.

     “Not cool! I almost had a 25 person kill streak!” He whines, getting up to retrieve the controller, and then he sits back down.

     I laugh at my younger brother. “Well you shouldn’t be a smartass all the time. Maybe I wouldn’t have ruined your streak.”

     Leaving the room, I hear him mumble something. Time to invade Christina’s room!

     When I’m about to open the door, I hear her talking on the phone with someone.

     “Well, Krista, haven’t you told Haven to stop?” She says to who I’m assuming is Krista. “How long has she been doing this?”

     I wonder who Haven is.