Chapter 16

Chapter 16

     Ricki and I have about 10 shopping bags in each of our hands, and we aren’t even done shopping! Thank the lord that Ricki, Louis, Harry and I are sitting down in the food court. The boys are off at the Chipotle stand.

     “You should so be with Harry, Gail.” Ricki says as she takes a bite of her wrap. I narrow my eyes at her.

     “Must I remind you that Shane and I are together? We’ve been dating for 3 weeks, Ricki!” I throw one of my noodles at her, and she takes it into her mouth.

     “Must I remind you that Harry’s been trying to be at least your friend, but you’re being such an ass that you don’t even want to breathe next to him?! You know you like him somewhere inside of you.”

     “I am not being a--”

     “We’ve come bearing Chipotle!” Louis interrupts as he and Harry make their way to our table. I can’t believe Ricki had the nerve to say that! But is it true? Is it really true that I like Harry deep inside of me? Is it really true that I’m being an ass? Just push it to the back of your mind, Gail. Think about it later. This is supposed to be an enjoyable day with Ricki.

     “Hey, Gail.” Harry sits next to me and smiles, revealing his dimple. I think my heart just skipped a beat for a moment. Wait. What the hell is going on? I really need to lay down or something.

     “Uh, Ericka, do you want to go to the arcade? They got a new game!” Louis smiles at her. She blushes and goes with him to the arcade. Oh, young love.

     Wait. I’m stuck with Harry. Oh, man!

     “Uh, d-do you want to do s-something to-together?” He stutters and blushes a little bit. I giggle at him, surprisingly.

     “Sure.” Harry is a little taken aback by my answer.

     “R-really?”

     I grab his hand and he gets up. What do I have to lose?

---

*RICKI’S POV*

     “No way, Ericka. I totally won!” Louis brags in my face. We just finished this racing game and apparently he thinks he won.

     “Last time I checked, I beat you by .17 seconds!” I playfully poke him, and he flips his hair.

     “Whatever, redhead.” He takes my glasses and puts them on. I wonder how I managed to befriend this weirdo.

     I take them back and put them back on. Without these things, I’m blind! And most definitely screwed.

     Louis and I play a few more games. I beat his score in PacMan and he beat my ass at some fighting game similar to Mortal Kombat. Boys and their pride. But is it strange that his butt is like way bigger than mine? I’m weird in general actually. I’m starting to feel something that I haven’t felt in a whole 2 years.

     What is this?

     Why am I feeling it?

*HARRY’S POV*

     “Faster!” Gail screams.

     “I’m trying!” I pant as I pick up the pace on this dancing game. We end up losing, sadly. We were so close to the highest score!

     We both laugh as we sit on the bench to rest. I’ve actually had a lot of fun with Gail today. I can’t believe she agreed to hanging out with me. I thought she hated me. But does this mean we might be able to be friends? Or something more? But she has Shane. I’m nothing compared to Shane. Someday, I’ll hopefully be able to do the honors of being Gail’s boyfriend. I won’t ever give up.