Chapter 17

Chapter 17

     “Shane, babe I’ve got to go. Love you.” I kiss him passionately and before I run out the door, he grabs my arm. “What?”

     “Where are you going?”

     “Home.”

     “Stay here. Please.” He begs. I giggle at him and decide to stay.

     Shane and I just sit on his couch and talk about random stuff that we can think of.

     “What was your idea anyways?”

     “You’re going to hate it, Shane.”

     “I don’t care. Tell me what it is.”

     “Okay.” I sigh, and get ready to tell him what it was.

*RICKI’S POV*

     My eyes are red and puffy from crying. They can’t find my little cousin! How could this have happened?! Christina is the sweetest and most innocent girl you could ever meet. I don’t know what she could’ve done!

     “Ericka!” Mom calls from downstairs. It sounds like she’d been crying more than I have, since her voice is cracking a little. I walk down the stairs to reveal my hot mess of a mom. Her hair looks horrible, and she’s in her ‘I’m depressed so I’m wearing these fuzzy pants’ pajamas. I can’t blame her though, because I’m just as sad as she is.

     “What do you need mom?” I throw my hair into a ponytail and sit cross legged on the couch.

     “I need for you to stop at the store and get some things.” She hands me a shopping list and I simply nod. I slip on my sandals and grab my phone, and I’m off.

     My phone goes off, and it’s a blocked number. I pick up anyways, since sometimes my best friend, Hunter like to prank call me.

     But it wasn’t Hunter.