Whispers of the Night

By newbiegac2015

How far would you go to protect the one you love? Would you commit a crime? Lie to an officer? Or attempt to... More

Cupcake pancakes and Rainbow Sprinkles
Peanut
When things go bump
Trust.
Replacement
In a Galaxy.
Trouble of a new kind.
The new feel
No Place like home
The past can haunt us
Start a fight, create a war.
Avari
Three. Two. Or One.
Karma's Kick
One and only.
Learn to love
The PT assistant
Tension in the fraying
Poison
Effort
Bonding
Guilt
Box of Love
High of him.
The reason
Memories and Moments
Rainbow feelings
Snippet
In fire
Players on the board.
Avari's discovery
A change
Tulip petals
Scarlett's Compassion
Family
New Beginning
Resent comes in pairs
Spineless fool
Scarlett's Falling
Broken communications
A Fathers Worry
Audacity of a cheat
Control
Soaring
Taming the beast
Zak's advance
No rest for the wicked
Teacup Human
I wish for this.

Any other way

1.6K 55 2
By newbiegac2015

As 12am hit, I shook my head and turned off the bedside lamp in favour of scooting down the bed and going to sleep. Miffed at the fact Zak was still at the museum working away.

Most women would have had the same thought by now, of is he really still at the museum?

But I said I trusted him, and I do. So I wasn't going to ring him or pester him. I would wait...

That was over 5 hours ago of waiting. Now I was pissed and going to bed.

Pulling up the bedding, I huffed out into the darkness, for a bit of life, I kicked the bedding on his side to ruffle it up. Removing the reminder that I was alone. Avari had Gracie in with her, across the bottom of the bed leaving me to twiddle my thumbs for the past few hours.

After a flip around with a splint weighing me down, I finally got comfortable and drifted off to sleep.

I was shocked out of my dazed sleep by a cold hand running across my stomach as I slept on my side. Instantly grabbing the hand, I cocked my head back to see Zak and the clock sat on the bedside table behind him.

"1am. Dude where the hell?"

"Museum, I couldn't leave Kevorkian's office." He answered.

"You have painters for th-"

"No the door got stuck, I had to ring the locksmiths to ping both doors. Front and the office door. I've just paid over $300 for it."

"Wait what?" I croaked rubbing my eyes.

"The museum, its haunted. Well the door got locked, only thing is the key is on the outside of the door, I was on the inside. Cece couldn't get in and I couldn't get out. I had no option but to ring the locksmiths. Then I had to wait for them to fit a new lock on the front door after they busted it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You not get any of my messages?"

I shook my head causing him to sigh, "Have you taken it off aeroplane mode?"

I blinked.

"That's a no then." He replied rolling back to pick it up and take it off. Sure enough my phone began pinging like mad making me look up at him sheepishly.

"Oops."

"Yeah, oops."

"Awh are you moody cause I didn't text back?" I asked teasingly.

"I'm moody because I wanted to come home and couldn't. Like half that lockdown."

I pinched his cheeks playfully "Oh baby."

He pushed my hand away "Don't patronise me. I had the whole evening planned and then that had to happen."

I giggled quietly "I'm sorry, I didn't even think about my phone. What did you have planned?"

His pouted lips quivered into a smile "Continuing what we left.."

"Uh huh. And what was that exactly?"

He rolled his eyes "Don't play. You know what we were planning.."

"I planned an early night watching documentaries and snuggling." I joked.

"What?! No you didn't. You didn't... Did you?"

I cackled a laugh "No I didn't. But the moment is gone. So just shh and go to sleep."

Sitting up, I felt eyes on my back "I'm going to the bathroom." I notified Zak.

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't need to." I replied looking back over my shoulder at him.

Slipping out of bed, I heard him groan.

"What now?"

"What are you wearing?" He whined.

"A nightdress?" I frowned.

"But why that one? Couldn't you just put on a sloppy shirt?" He asked.

I grinned "Well you would have enjoyed it. But some idiot got themselves locked into the office." I replied slipping into the bathroom.

I checked myself out in the mirror, admiring the red satin nightdress with black lace detailing around the hem and bust. The only thing that let me down was my space boot but it was better than a white cast and at least I could bend my knee... kinda.

After using the bathroom and washing my hands, I stood at the sink lost in thought when the door opened.

"Lettie? You okay? I just thought maybe I was being a little pushy then cause you know? You wanted to take things slow, I ju-"

I spun around and kissed him to stop him rambling. Taking him by surprise, he paused until finally he kissed me back.

Rubbing my hands up over his chest I felt the blood rushing around my body in excitement. My body squirmed under Zak's tightening grip on my waist but it soon subsides when he dropped me onto the side beside the bathroom basin. Inserting himself between my thighs, we continue kissing at a more comfortable height for both of us. His hand snaked up into my hair giving it a feral tug causing my lips to part in a gasp against his hot mouth.

Our tongues collide together in a fight for dominance as I pull his short hair with just as much strength making him hiss and bite down on my lip.

I clench my thighs against his hips to keep him in position whilst my hands roam across his body retracing old maps and lines in which I had walked before.

A whimper escaped me when Zak pushed his forehead against mine ending the hot exchange.

"If you don't want to then now is the time.." He panted.

We looked at each other with just as much desperation but I knew Zak to be a gentleman and wouldn't move until he had full consent. Every time.

"I want this."

"So do I. But that's not the word I want." He answered tucking hair behind my ear.

"Yes." I whispered back making a small smile pull before he consumed my mouth again.

As usual he won in the battle of dominance as he guided my hands to his shoulders before he ran his hands down over my body. Stopping at the small of my back, he gave a hard tug causing me to squeak with surprise as he moved me forward.

Not happy, I moved even closer until I could feel his body flush against mine. His kisses left my lips and traced over my jaw before going down onto my neck as his hand kept my head tilted to the side giving him more access.

The contrast between his hot breath, warm tongue and the coldness of the air had me shivering. Pulling my head up straight I stared at him, my eyes darting across his face as an unknown emotion played across it.

Zak's large hand took hold of my face, drawing my lip down with the pad of his thumb.

"Lettie.." He whispered.

I leant toward in order to kiss him again worried about that unknown look.  I moaned gently when his fingers dipped into my underwear, the long lost sensation came back to ease the throbbing I had been under since this afternoon. My fingers tightened on the junction between his shoulders and neck encouraging him to keep going.

Feeling at a disadvantage of delivering pleasure, I moved my hands from his neck and dug my hand into his boxers.

Another hiss left his lips as I took a firm grasp of him, the harsh reality of 6 years apart settled between us, as I gulped.

A part of me wanted to stop, worried that despite having a child, that this was going to hurt.

"I love you."

The words felt like a wash of cold water being thrown at my face. It hit me so hard I wondered if I had imagined it or if I was actually dreaming. Looking up from my hand, I looked at Zak's face.

"I- say something?" He whispered.

"You do?"

He nodded slowly as his eyes filled with emotions "I have for a long time. It's been here, inside for so long but the day you came to the museum.. The moment you looked up at me? I knew I was damned again. I knew that everything was about to change and I was ready to ride the wave. As long as I got to keep you."

"That's why you kept trying to make your move." I concluded.

He smiled "That's exactly why. Because I wanted you to feel the same."

"And I do." I answered.

"Then this shouldn't be something you're worried about..."

I scoffed "Easy for you to say, you haven't got to accommodate it."

"Then let me take control..."

I poured back to him in annoyance "But you always win."

"I know. Ready?" He asked getting into position as I got myself psyched up. "Lettie?"

"Yeah?" I asked looking at the heaven crafted eyes.

"I love you." He repeated before he moved in taking my breath away. My nails dug into the soft flesh of his back as my body went ridged. His long groan in satisfaction made my body quiver and flood with endorphins. Zak's face fell into my neck letting me fist through his hair as he began working his hips. His uneven pace caused a growl to vibrate my rib cage and sent my hands to his ass in order to help pace himself.

"Fuck..." He murmured across my chest as we fixed a speed between us.

"God I fucking love you." I groaned working my body with his.

I felt his arm moving and with a quick tug my arm was beside his as he locked our fingers together. Squeezing his hand in pleasure I moaned quietly covering his panting into my neck.

This was it, this was what I had been missing the moment I left Vegas. These moments with him, lost in each other's pleasure.

Zak's face appeared in front of me, creased in pleasure. Tugging at my lip with my teeth I feel his pace slow, whining in annoyance as the pleasure dwindle calmly in my body.

"No. Please." I whispered in desperation causing a triumphant smile fill his face at the sound of my pathetic beg.

Hooking one leg up, I manage to lock my feet around him in time as he picks me up and leaves the bathroom, walking with ease across the bedroom whilst I cling on.

"I'm gonna fall."

"I won't let you.." He replied lowering us both to the centre of the bed.

His body blanketing mine as he planted his hands either side of my head, hovering over me.

I tried to work my body up against his but a simple trust made me whine out in pleasure and stop.

"Shh.." Zak whispered.

"I- I thought you said it was soundproofed." I replied looking at the bedroom.

"It is. But you'd wake the dead." He sniggered. I punched him in the arm causing him to chuckle. "I wouldn't have you any other way."

"Good. I can't help it.. Unless I cover my mouth and pray for a miracle."

He shook his head "I like hearing you and seeing you." He added flicking on the bedside lamp.

"For a man of darkness you sure enjoy the light." I teased.

He smirked "Only when the view is exquisite."

"Exquisite? You eat a dictionary?"

Zak rolled his eyes "Nothing changes, give you a compliment and you still try to play some bs back."

I giggled "Thought you wouldn't have me any other way."

Having been outsmarted, Zak tried a different tactic and that was distract me with what he had learnt from 6 years of being apart.

His body came into contact with mine, whilst a determined looked took control. For me, playtime was over and this was about to get serious.

Grasping at each other skin, we made love like it was the first time, like the world was coming to an end and without each other? We would starve to death. My nerves were jumbled and every time he dug for a certain spot my legs would shake and eyes wild roll back.

Until we finally hit into the oblivion, walking almost paradise and the clouds. Light headed and reeling, I clung onto him until my body stopped trembling and I had enough energy to flop off him into the bed.

Zak dropped down on me, knocking the wind from my lungs as he caught his breath. No words were exchanged between us as I gave him a reassuring pat on the back whilst we wallowed in the aftermath.

My heart balled up as I looked across at him sleeping on his front, scooting over, I kissed his arm gently, however he felt it and lifted his arm in order for me to get under it.

"I thought you were asleep." I whispered rubbing his back gently.

"Just taking a break before we go for round three."

I giggled "You sure you're up for it? I mean.. You're a little older now."

One of his eyes opened to glare at me as I grinned.

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Oh hey babe." I replied flashing him a cheesy grin.

"Older?"

"Well you're not getting younger. Nobody is."

"Well I don't need the reminder and I'm more than capable of going until dawn."

"Uh huh.. If you say so." I sang.

I drew a hopeless pattern with my nails causing him to sigh gently. "You okay though?"

I nodded "Perfect."

"Good. God I missed that. I missed us." He sighed adjusting his head on the pillow.

"I know... " I trailed off into thought.

"Hey? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just can't believe it. You know? Me and you after all this time."

"We shouldn't have been so stupid."

"I agree."

Zak smiled lazily before tightening his arm over my side.

"Go to sleep. I'll be here when you wake." I whispered.

"Hmm. Just a nap."

"Of course."

"Then we carry on. I love you."

I nodded with a smile "I love you." I replied knowing he was done for the night.

The sound of my phone tore through the bedroom making me groan into my pillow.

Tired and sore from the antics of last night, I rolled over and patted down the side until I found my phone.

Grabbing it, I swiped across the screen to answer it.

"Hello?" I croaked. My voice still raspy from the sleep.

"Scarlett."

My eyes opened instantly at the voice on the other end.

"Hello?" It spoke again.

Looking at the space in the bed beside me, I swallowed before answering.

"What do you want Nick?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.1K 2.1K 41
In a spontaneous mood, Melissa and her best friend and roommate Bree decide to travel to Las Vegas to visit Zak Bagans Haunted Museum. In the midst o...
36K 1.4K 40
Sequel to Forgotten Flame. Find out what has become of Zak & Mina. Where their lives have taken them and what roads they have been set upon. Baring...
4.9K 155 26
All her life, Faith has had it rough. Her parents died in a car crash when she was ten, her uncle and aunt abused her for six years, then she was kid...
56.3K 1.2K 25
"If walls could talk to spill the lies We'd see the world through devil's eyes" Avenged Sevenfold, 'Doing Time' "You just never know if there's a g...