Silent Wolf

By smurfyphantom06

{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull Sequels }} With their wolves now lying dormant deep within them. Both Elise and Vance fi... More

Authors Note
Waking up
Riding In Cars
Hospital
Lock Down
Worries
Orders
Home (part one)
Sunshine
Truths
Drinks on the Beach
Calls pt 1
Actions
Calls pt 2
Home (part two)
Talking
Confusion & Half Truths
Promise
Pack House
Texting
Babysitting
Unexpected Pt 1
Unexpected Pt 2
The Lake
Scolding
Roadtrip
Relaxation
Revalation
Snapping
Adulting
Keep Your Secret
Next Step
Permission
Now or Never
Leaving the Nest pt. 1
Leaving the Nest pt. 2
Planning for the Unplanned
Saying Goodbye
Awoken
Together
Rejected

The Final Countdown

11.5K 564 17
By smurfyphantom06

The last thing I ever promised Joan was that I'd get Mariah and Patrick together...and I intended to keep my promise.

Vance

"I told everyone six for the practice and then Brax is going to be barbecuing at the packhouse for the dinner." Elise said once again. "I've talked about this for the past two and a half weeks so everyone better be on time."

I noticed as the wedding drew nearer and nearer Elise had unknowingly began to stress, and with our actual wedding only two days away now, her stress levels were now an all time high.

I know she loves to act all nonchalant and tough...but I know that deep down She actually really cares, and as much as she didn't exactly want the wedding our mothers planned out, I know she'd be devastated if things didn't go as planned.

I pulled up to Braxton's house and helped Elise out of the car, I saw my dad's truck so I knew my family would be there.

We let ourselves in and found Braxton in the back yard with my dad and Tommy, Harper was in the kitchen with Elise's parents, Mariah, and The Luna Dowager, and my mom was the one to greet us.

"It's almost time." She smiled "we're in the final stretch now."

I smiled, "can't wait."

Elise looked at me and I couldn't help but smile even more.

"Is everyone here?" Ellie asked.

Mom shook her head, "we're just waiting on George and then we can get started."

We chatted with everyone before George showed up, once here Elise's aunt Priscilla started setting people up.

"The arch will go here." She gesture with her hands, "of course George you will stand right in the center, down the aisle first will be the Cages...so Brian, Virginia if you could please."

I watched on smiling as mom and dad made their way down the aisle together.

"Next will be the Ocklans...Richard, Rebecca go ahead then."

Once Elise's parents were seated Braxton's mom turned to me "Vance honey you will be making your way down the aisle alone, once you make your way to the end of the aisle you will stand to George's left."

I let go of Ellie's hand and walked down awkwardly before I took my requested position next to George.

"Next the groomsmen...wait hold on, maybe I should walk with Rebecca because Rich once you've walked her you'll have to run back to escort Ellie, at least this way I can walk with her and we can both take a seat and then your main focus will be your daughter." My old Luna suggested.

Everyone seemed to agree.

So we did it all over again, George went first followed by mom and dad, then Priscilla and Rebecca Ocklan, next was me and finally the wedding party.

Surprising to some, but our first pair was actually Mariah and Tommy as he is my brother so he's a little more important than the Alpha and Luna to be.

"Finally will be our lovely bride, your cue will be the music, once you reach the end of the aisle George will ask who's giving Elise away, Richard will respond with-"

"Her mother and I do." He said.

She smiled and nodded, "of course, you will then place her hand into Vance's, she'll turn and give her bouquet to Mariah who is standing closest to her and before she joins Vance to the center for the ceremony to begin."

And just like that everything played out to perfection. I watched as Richard brought Elise toward me, he pecked her cheek before George went on to ask who gave her away.

Once her hand was in mine I only wanted to kiss her, I knew it wasn't time for that yet though.

George talked us through the entire process, and we practiced saying our traditional vows with the I Do's, "rings" and then I finally got to kiss her.

"I'll announce you as newly married and then you're free to leave." George smiled.

For the rehearsal I wanted to give Elise a ring so that she knew how things would play out on our big day, also I wanted to see her smile because I could tell she was a bit nervous having everyone look at her.

I had given her a ring pop, the cheesy gesture garnered a few laughs as I had to open the noisy package before placing it on her delicate finger...but it was worth it to see her smile.

Afterward we all had dinner, it was a fun timewhere both of our mothers cried as they gave small speeches about us and our relationship and how happy they were for us.

But as dinner ended we all got invited to Luna Dowager's house as she had dessert and coffee awaiting us.

As everyone left Brax's to go over to his Mother's house I had a moment alone with my bride to be.

"I hope you like your ring...I know it's bigger than the last one I gave you." I teased.

She smiled and grabbed my hand, the ring pop still sitting on her finger. "It's the best thing you've ever given me."

I held the door open for her but held her back from immediately getting in.

I kissed her passionately and looked into her lovely eyes, they were sparkling with excitement now.

"I love you so much Elise Ocklan...I can't wait until we go on our honeymoon."

She bit her bottom lip before she smiled, "Easy there sir...you're talking to a soon to be married woman."

I smirked, "Is that so...what a lucky guy."

She threw her arms around my neck and kissed me this time, "Can we just go home?" She pouted. "Instead of heading over to my aunt's house...they won't even notice if we aren't there."

I instantly placed my hands upon her hips and chuckled before I kissed her, "something tells me they'd all notice if the bride and groom to be were not with their wedding party...we'll go, we'll have fun, and I'll make up some excuse about having to call it an early night so we don't have to stay for long."

"And that Vance Cage is why I'm marrying you...so you can make shit up to leave parties early so we can go home and have sex."

I smirked. "Sounds like a good reason to marry someone."

She laughed lightly. I kissed her nose gently and then finally held her hand as she got into the car before I jogged over to the drivers side. Once we got on our way I noticed the sun had fully set.

"Today went by so fast." I said as I drove on.

"I know what you mean." She said as she looked over at me now.

I laced my fingers with hers as I held her hand now, "Do you think it'll be the same on the actual day?" I asked. "Everything just zooming by?"

She seemed to think about it, "I don't know, but I hope not."

"Really" I asked. "To be honest I was under the impression that you wasnted to get this wedding over and done with." I confessed.

"Well...as much complaining as I've done I'd actually be a little upset if it went by too fast for me to actually enjoy it...I want to take everything in and make memories of our big day."

"Well I can't wait to go on our honeymoon." I smirked.

She gave me her sexy smile meaning she couldn't wait either.

Since we really couldn't decide where we wanted to go and I knew Elise would kill me if I spend a fortune on our honeymoon. I had taken it upon myself to plan out a 14 night Mediterranean cruise, now the tickets for the cruise weren't "cheap" but seeing as we'd end up spending close to the same amount if we went to just one of those places with the cost of room and board, flights, car rentals, and food I found it was a better deal to book the cruise. This way we'd get to visit multiple places and our room and food would be included so the money we saved we could just shop on each stop.

"You know this is literally going to be the last night we get to spend together before we're married." I pointed out.

We had tonight and all day tomorrow before her friends and family would whisk her away to begin preparing for our actual wedding day.

We had opted out of bachelor and bachelorette parties. Most Weres usually don't have them to begin with. But given our history we knew the temptation would be there and we didn't want to knowingly put ourselves into that situation.

I turned onto the long road, once we pass the bridge it would just be another turn and we'd be at her aunt's house.

"It's always so dark out here." She commented.

I had to agree, "hey you remembered to bring the gifts right?" I asked, we wanted to get our wedding party small gifts as well as our parents since they've all done so much for us and the wedding.

"Yeah everything's in the trunk." She smiled.

After I turned from looking at her my eye caught something that seemed to be coming straight toward us, it was hard to make out exactly what it was until it was too late.

A big stag jumped right in front of the car, in reflex I turned the wheel to the left to avoid from hitting it, had I turned the wheel to the right we would've ended up off the bridge.

The car came to a stop when my side came crashing into a tall tree, all I saw was my Elise fly out of the windshield, I hadn't realized she never put her seatbelt on.

My body was in excruciating pain as I was crushed in my spot...the metal from the door was concave now and was inverted toward me and stabbing me in the ribs. I sat there bleeding out as I Helplessly sat and prayed to whoever was listening to give me the strength to get out of this damn car, all I wanted to do was get to her before it was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 1K 27
All of Angel's life she has been a slave and mistreated. Her life has been filled with sadness and pain. Her mother and father were killed by rouges...
60.3K 1.1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...
620K 29.6K 43
{{ 1 of 3 Mates Pull sequels }} After the death of her mother Mariah thought her life was officially over, she and her brother moved back to their mo...
3.6K 99 30
Olive Harper has been on her own for years, never living in one place for long. As a human, running into a pack of werewolves was never the plan. Sta...