The Nerds And The Gang Leader...

By iCaughtMyself

Ally and Chelsea are the two nerdy best friends of Headley High School. What people didn't know is that they... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Finale
SEQUEL?

Chapter 30

42.4K 1.8K 588
By iCaughtMyself

Dear Max,

How long has it been? Too long, let me guess.

You know, I used to think this whole 'write a letter' thing was stupid, humiliating in fact. But it's not so bad.

Hmm let's see, the last time I wrote I was on the verge of throwing myself out of a window. I had written when we landed at the hotel and Harvey wouldn't leave me alone, when he told Casady, aka friendly Australian, to look after me.

She mistakes his concern for sympathy for me. Little did she know.

It has been five months and we've moved from California to New York, to China, to Singapore and finally to Spain. I know, what a journey. 

It's succeeded in my mission on clearing my mind, I only think about Chelsea a couple of times a day and I sleep much better.

I was talking to a lady before, she told me I had to let go of the past and focus on the positive memories. I found myself hesitant. It was like I was forgetting her, she laughed at that and told me that I wasn't forgetting her. I was cherishing her name.

I stick to myself most of the time, but everyone's lovely. I can't help feeling like the outsider that has hijacked their perfect trip.

Harvey is so laid back and all of his friends are careless and free. None of the boys really pay any attention to me other than Noah, he's really nice and considerate.

I haven't had one phone call from anyone back home. 

I don't know why I'm writing to be honest. Everything's been okay.

Okay not completely okay. I got a call the other day from a hidden number. Harvey recognized it as the phone's that were used in prison.

He answered it but I made him put it on loud speaker.

It was Chris.

He wanted to speak to me so desperately. I heard him get emotional, he was begging to see me. He said he needed me, he said he couldn't live without me. He threatened to hurt himself if I didn't come. 

Harvey told him to leave me alone and then slammed the phone down. But then he did something really weird.

He kind of...kissed me.

I ran for the hills afterwards but then I cried because I liked it. I told Casady and she laughed at me before calling me stupid for not seeing it sooner. The reason why he invited me on this trip.

I'm not in the state of mind for relationships. But I don't want to scare him away. I've explained it to him and he said he's not interested in one either.

He's forgotten about it but I can't...I actually liked it. I think I like him. 

Sorry for going all soppy. I'm just in real need of some girl advice, Casady's great but you're more blunt than her. So tell me what to do. 

I'm getting better as the days progress, I honestly think I'll be returning home soon. Maybe. 

How's Jason doing? Tell him I say hi.

Ally

x

******

Dear Ally,

Well your life is certainly more eventful than mine.

I'm currently working with my parents business, now they're broken all the illegal bonds from the business I'm forced to help repair the company, without using any gang members.

It's hard to believe we were a part of that, even harder to believe we're free of it. 

You have no idea how happy I am to hear you're doing good. I really want to see you and tell you face to face how proud I am of you, how we all are so proud of you. There isn't a person more deserving of a happy ending Ally, I'm glad you've stopped blaming yourself and realised what happened was unpreventable.

Jason's doing great, he came running at the sound of your name. I can tell he misses his little sister very much, would it kill you to pick the phone up?

I'm just kidding, I know you're busy living your new life.

There's something I've been dodging because I'm unsure of how you'll take the news.

Your parents are getting divorced.

We stopped by the house one day and stumbled across a huge argument, it ended with your dad leaving after a few colourful words and your Mom crying on my lap.

Your dad pretty much blamed your Mom for everything and said he was leaving to make his own mind up because she's a manipulative bitch that deserves to suffer. You Mom told your Dad it was all his fault and Chelsea would still be here if he had a bit of back bone. He cried and ran out of the house with his bags.

He asked me for your contact number but I told him that wasn't the wisest decision seeing as you're moving on with life and you don't need to be dealing with the pressure of your family's problems.

You're welcome.

Ms Hanaway doesn't go a day without asking me about you. You can tell she feels guilty about everything. And Mindy wrote a letter to you but it must have gotten lost in the mail, she basically said.

'I miss you a lot and you need to come home and persuade my Mom to get us a dog.'

Sorry, how old is she again?

You're missing out on all of this, it's like Keeping Up With The Kardashians back here. Please continue to enjoy yourself and forget about us! I'm begging you.

As for your boy issue. If you like him, go after him. Stop letting your past hold you back because he's probably the only person left that knows every detail of what happened, if he's going to hurt you he would have done it already.

I suspected something fishy when he offered that holiday so persistently. I can honestly tell you, if you want it, go for it. I don't know this Cassie chick but she's right if she's telling you to go for it. 

This is too girly for me, I have to go.

Max.

(I don't do kisses x)

****

 Max (and Mindy)

 Sorry it's been so long. 

A lot has happened, I can tell you that. But first let me reply to your message.

Jason's good, that's great. Just what I want to hear. And I take it you're doing good as well? Sounds like it.

As for the divorce, that's unsurprising. My father was bound to get sick of her at some point, and my mother was bound to snap at him for being so laid back at some point. Poor wise, naive parents.

I'm glad to hear about Ms Hanaway, I don't hold any negative feelings towards her anymore. 

And Mindy seriously, you're in your twenties. Move out and get a dog! And a job! Stop sitting here listening to me gossip and go out there and enjoy yourself, the world's a wonderful place.

I'm currently in Sweden by the way, I'm not bragging or anything.

You'll be surprised to hear that I got the courage to listen to my heart and now Harvey and I are together, no details needed because it's too cliche. 

Okay I have to share I'm sorry Max, stop reading I'll talk to Mindy if it's too much for you.

We were all out at dinner one night and I realized that it was only us two left at the table. We talked and laughed until sunset and decided to take a walk on the pier.

He pushed me into the water and I nearly drowned.

But he came in after me laughing and we dragged our cold bodies out onto the pier and sat down. He told me he liked me a lot and that he understood if I needed time, I kissed him like my world depended on it.

I didn't think Harvey had a romantic bone in his body but apparently so. He's showered me with gifts, letters and just been a general good friend in the mix. 

The sad news is, Harvey and I are staying longer.

I've realized from this trip that I really don't want to leave. 

I'll have my visiting periods of course but I need to keep on travelling and exploring the world. This experience has been so magical, I really don't want it to end.

So you won't be living with me any time soon. A wise person once told me that I was in idiot if I was going to give up on my hearts desire. This is my hearts desire. Harvey is my heart's desire.

You know for once, I'm positive everything's going to be alright. There may be bumps in the road but I know, for sure, that the darkness will and has passed. 

I'll try my hardest to write from Italy next week, don't hold your breath though.

Ally.

NOT THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
433K 11.2K 46
Cliche. I know I know. Bad boy meets the nerd. But hey this story may just be not cliche enough yet still cliche to meet your likings. Meet Lennon. O...
469K 12.7K 34
(Under Major Editing) Camila Diaz is a nerd. No need denying it. Everyone knows, Camila knows, her friends know, her school knows, hell even her mom...
154K 4.6K 33
Completed "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked, glaring at him while he forcefully dragged me out of class. "You told me you need help...