Little Things

By sbubz1

Busy schedules and fear broke them apart. One little thing brought them back together. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
6K!!!
110K

Chapter 30

4.9K 74 14
By sbubz1

Sara's POV:

I watched Harry's first interview in London online. He's a natural during interviews. He knows just how to answer questions. It wasn't really due to coaching; Harry was just diplomatic by nature.

I had Madison over a few days after Harry left. She was there to keep me company and to cook. I was tired of eating pizza and takeout.

"You really need to take some cooking classes," Madison said. "Otherwise it's going to be an expensive three months."

I laughed. "I know I need to."

Just then Madison looked at something over my shoulder. Her eyes widened and she froze. I turned around and my jaw dropped.

"Hi," Harry said, flashing that smile that could cure cancer.

I ran into his arms and started to cry. He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. He was home. This wasn't a dream or a hallucination. Harry was home.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I struck a deal with the movie publicists so I could come home. I still have to do all of the press events in the States, but I'm home," he replied.

"Harry, I thought you had to go? It's your job."

He shook his head. "I wouldn't have been true to myself or what I wanted if I'd stayed on tour."

I smiled and Harry wiped a few tears off of my face.

"Well, I'll see you later, Sara," Madison piped up. She waved and left the house.

"Can I kiss you now?" Harry whispered.

I laughed and nodded. Harry cupped my face with his hands and leaned his forehead in mine. He placed his soft lips on mine. The kiss wasn't rushed or anything. It was slow and full of love.

"So, where's my daughter?" Harry asked after breaking away.

"In her crib sleeping like usual," I answered.

Harry immediately turned and went upstairs to see Elizabeth and I followed. He opened the door and saw our baby girl fast asleep. He carefully lifted her out of her crib. Harry placed a kiss on her tiny head.

"She missed you," I said quietly.

"I missed her too," Harry replied, his eyes locked on our daughter. He set her back down in her crib and we both walked out of the nursery.

"Are you hungry?" I asked. "There's some leftover takeout or pizza in the fridge."

"I'd love to cook you some real food because I know you haven't had any in a few days," Harry replied, making me roll my eyes and smile.

We walked downstairs and I sat down at the bar. Harry went into the kitchen and started getting out pots and pans and ingredients. I loved watching him cook. He was just so good at it. I really needed him to teach me.

"Can you teach me how to cook?" I asked. "I don't want to be ordering takeout every time you're away."

"Come here and I'll show you," Harry said, smiling. I got up from my seat and walked over to him. He had me stand in front of him and he wrapped his arms around me, directing my movements so I could cook. In the middle of cooking, Elizabeth woke up crying. I knew it was dinnertime for her, so I went upstairs to feed her. After I did I brought her down in her seat and set her on the dinner table.

"Can you set the table?" Harry asked.

I nodded and started to get down the plates and glasses. Harry and I danced around each other in the kitchen to be able to do what we needed to. Just as I finished setting the table, Harry brought out the baked ziti and salad. We sat around the table and ate our dinner together as a family.

"How was dinner with Gemma?" I asked.

"It was great. My mum and Robin were there, too," Harry replied.

"Oh, really? How are they?"

"They're good."

"I wish they lived closer," I said with a sigh. "I love spending time with them."

Harry smiled and answered, "I wish they did, too."

"We should visit them soon. Once Elizabeth is a few months older, I mean."

Harry's smile widened. "Really?" he asked.

"Yes, really. I've still never really seen Holmes Chapel," I replied.

"How old do you think Elizabeth should be before we go to England?"

"Maybe a few months, but before the wedding."

"What if we went for Christmas and New Years?" Harry suggested.

"That sounds good to me. We'll look into flights later," I replied.

After dinner I told Harry to go lay down in our bed while I cleaned up the kitchen. I laid Elizabeth in her crib to sleep. Then I went into my bedroom. Harry was face down on the bed, fast asleep. He still had on his boots. I took them off of his feet and set them on the floor. Harry stirred for a second but fell back into his sleeping position.

I went into the bathroom and took off my makeup. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I got out of my clothes and into one of Harry's shirts. I crawled into bed next to him and kissed his cheek.

"I'm glad you're home," I whispered.

Harry's POV:

The next morning when I woke up, Sara was asleep next to me. I checked the time and saw that it was 11am. I heard Elizabeth fussing in her room. I knew Sara had already fed her, because she woke up every morning to feed her at 7.

I walked into the nursery and picked up Elizabeth. I could tell that she needed diaper change, so I quickly got her into a clean diaper. Elizabeth was wide awake and looking around the room. She was absolutely beautiful. She looked just like Sara, only with my eyes and hair. I couldn't wait until she had some little brothers and sisters to play with.

"So this is the girl you snuck out of bed to meet with," Sara teased.

I turned around and saw her standing in the doorway. She looked beautiful. She was in one of my shirts and a pair of shorts. Her hair was kind of messy and she didn't have any makeup on, but she looked just as stunning to me.

"Ah, you've caught me," I joked in reply.

Sara walked over and leaned up to kiss my cheek. She placed a kiss on Elizabeth's cheek as well.

"I'm glad you're home," she confessed.

"I am too. I was going crazy without you," I replied.

"I was just bored," Sara retorted, keeping a straight face.

"So you only keep me around for your entertainment?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That and you can cook."

Sara smirked and laughed. I shook my head and chuckled. This was the stuff I'd missed. I'd missed joking around with her. Sara was very witty and always made me laugh.

Elizabeth fell asleep, so I set her in her crib. Then Sara and I went downstairs to eat. We made ourselves bowls of cereal and ate them on the couch.

"So," Sara said, setting her empty bowl on the coffee table, "I need to go get my wedding dress."

"Why? The wedding isn't for five months," I replied.

"Exactly! Alterations take forever, so it's good to get your dress about five months in advance."

"I'm paying for your dress, so we can go whenever."

Sara stared at me.

"You're not paying for my dress, Harry," she said.

"Why not? I can afford it," I replied.

"I've got money saved up for it. I just need to make an appointment at a bridal shop and let some people know so they can join me."

"You bring people with you to look for a dress?"

Girls are so weird. Why bring people to buy a dress that you're going to wear once? Why pay a lot for a dress you're only wearing once?

I told Sara as much, earning a scoff and a state from her.

"You don't get it, yet you want to pay for it?" she demanded, crossing her arms and looking me square in the face.

"That would be correct," I answered.

Sara smirked. She loved being right. I still didn't get the big deal about dress shopping, but I wanted to pay for it. I wanted to make her happy.

"When should we send out all of the invitations?" I asked, changing the subject.

Sara shrugged and said, "Closer to the actual wedding. Sometime in early February."

"How is it you know so much about wedding planning?"

"I watch a lot of Say Yes to the Dress and I go on Pinterest."

"I am going to pretend to know what those things are," I laughed, kissing her forehead. She smiled up at me.

"I'm going to make an appointment at the bridal shop downtown," Sara announced. She got up from the couch and went upstairs to call the shop.

While she was on the phone, I scrolled through my email on my phone. I had a few from Ken regarding interviews. I opened them all, but one caught my eyes. Apparently, James Corden wanted me to come on the Late Late Show. I accepted, of course. James is one of my good friends out here in Los Angeles.

Sara came back downstairs and sat on my lap. She's very cheeky, even though she's not doing it to tease me or anything. She's just always liked sitting on my lap.

"So, James Corden wants me to come onto his show in a few weeks to talk about the movie," I told her.

She raised her eyebrows but then furrowed them.

"I don't get why you're doing so much press for the movie when it doesn't even come out until July," she said.

I sighed, "I don't either. But, I do what I'm told."

"Unless it's travel the world without your amazing fiancé and daughter," she reminded me, smiling.

I laughed. "Yes, unless it's that. Then I won't do it."

I leaned down and kissed Sara. I'd really missed her. I'd missed her smile and her jokes and her laugh and her kisses. I'd just really missed her.

"I'm glad you came home to me," Sara confessed, running her fingers through my hair.

"It's like I said in your song," I told her. "When I run out of road you bring me home." Sara leaned up and kissed me.

It was good to be home.

A/N:

Hi I finally updated whoops. I started reading this book for summer reading and that takes up a lot of my time. Anyways, HARRY ANNOUNCED MORE TOUR DATES SO IM TRYING TO GET TICKETS WOO!!

Anyways, thanks for reading this!! :-))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 16.6K 59
*COMPLETED*
385K 5.2K 26
*COMPLETED*
323 0 44
This is something I wrote over 3 years and felt like I should have all my stories in one spot.