Unexpected Future!

By background21

We think and we expect! We do this both a lot and without these there is not much to do. Will there be any ac... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
EXTRA!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 33

2.9K 184 52
By background21

*Nakul Pov*

"Hey! Hungry?" she asked, walking into the room and I placed the files away fed up with reading them.

"Yeah! How was the show?" I asked, looking at her smiling face.

"It was the most amazing. I will go and change. We both will have our dinner because I am also feeling hungry." Saying that she was about to walk out of the room but I called her back.

"Shift all your things in this room." I said the words as an order to which she stared at me for a few seconds before looking at the cupboard.

"I still remember you shouting me to get out." She mumbled and I flinched but shook it away immediately.

"Well, there was supposedly exchange of brides and I was angry, hurt and so many things." I said and she finally turned towards me with a smile.

I sighed in relief realizing she was not upset, but then frowned when she suddenly chuckled. I raised my eyebrows questioning her reacting and she moved near to me.

"I was not blaming you at all. That time I was stupid to keep my things here as if everything is normal. Now, about shifting here, I already did when you were in hospital." She explained sitting before me.

"Really? But you go back to the next room every day to get ready." I mumbled and she nodded before moving to sit beside me.

"I didn't want to disturb you while getting ready until you recover. So, I left a few things there, but remaining are here only. I am not going to settle in that room, even if you throw me out of this room." She stated and I lift my hand to place it around her before removing any gap between us.

"Disturb me all you want." I whispered biting her ear and she immediately pushed me away making me hiss.

"Oh god! Are you hurt? I am so sorry." She hurriedly moved to hold my face with trembling hands and then removed one to press it near my wounded area.

"I am completely fine and the pain was very little." I said, assuring her, but she continued to act like I am on a death bed.

"Do you know when I saw you near the mall that day, I promised to myself one thing?" I asked, changing the subject making her glance at me slowly leaving her worry.

"First meeting? What?" she asked and I slowly pulled her to me making her be even more closer while smiling at the memory.

"I saw you taking care of James wounds and then give me a look showing I was too weak for a small wound." I started and she flinched but chuckled.

"So, I promised myself that one day you will be even more concerned for me even though I would be slightly wounded." I finished and she lifted her head to stare at me.

"You are right! I thought you were being too much that day, but if I had loved you that day like now, I would have even called the ambulance for you." She said nodding with a serious expression but I saw her eyes shining in humor.

"You!" I glared at her before kissing her with the happiness which seems to be too good to be true but maybe I finally deserve this.

"Now, I will change and then we will have dinner after which I will shift my remaining things." Saying that she left the room while I closed my eyes.

I moved to the side of the bed and got down before moving to the chair to arrange them beside each other. I waited for the pain, but when it was not much, I made sure to move the table also.

"Nakul! How many times do I have to say to take a rest?" her voice reached me after some time when I sat on the chair.

"I am fine and still hungry, which is like from past two hours." I pointed out, making her rush to place the food on the table and I laughed not able to stop myself.

"You just love to make fun of me." She mumbled and pushed my hand away, which I forwarded to stop her from moving away.

"What can I say when you get angry, you look so beautiful making me think of some not so innocent thoughts which is not advisable right now. So, I am trying to remove it." I said shrugging.

"Nakul!" she said in a shocked tone, but her face showed her embarrassment.

"Sit down and we will have our dinner with innocent moments." I said, gesturing the chair and she closed her eyes taking a deep breath before doing as I said.

"Did I tell you that I love you?" I asked when we were lying on the bed later.

"Not recently!" she replied without opening her eyes while I just stared at her face.

"I don't know anything else to do." I replied and she laughed opening her eyes.

"This bed rest has been too bad for you, Nakul. You are becoming too cheesy." She said, pulling my cheeks.

"You are complaining?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Never!" she replied, kissing me and drifted off into sleep, but I didn't, holding her with a smile but then it slipped a little.

I need to find whatever that is being hidden from me and then I can clear everything before settling back into the life with the woman in my arms.

"Be careful!" I smiled when she held my hand tightly when I climbed down another step and it seems like I am walking for the first time and she is worried about it.

"Maheshwari! It seriously feels like I am taking my first baby steps with your worry." I expressed my thoughts and she chuckled.

"It feels the same for me as if this is the first time for you and I don't know what will I do when our baby..." she stopped her babbling realizing what she was saying.

"I... I was just..." she trailed off when I didn't utter a word.

"Our baby?" I asked, moving my hand to remove her hold over it and she immediately moved back with panic in her eyes.

However, I caught her and pulled her to me before she can move more. I smiled when she finally is in my arms completely.

"I like the ring of it, but we are no where near it. Shall we correct the problem?" I asked, trailing my lips at the angle of her jaw and moved near her lips while she blushed.

"First get well soon." She whispered and I tightened my grip around her.

"And then it is fine?" I asked, grinning and she slapped my shoulder, but hugged me without saying anything.

"Let's do my baby steps and at least I will remember this unlike my real first baby steps." I mumbled, not releasing her completely, but finally did realizing I should be able to do it alone.

I need to be able to do all this so that I can leave for her parents house when James gets his cast removed tomorrow and then after giving one or two weeks rest to his hand. Before that, if I get well, then she will not say that she will accompany me.

"Remembering your Mom?" she asked making me look at her in surprise.

"I mean, you are talking about the first steps and all. Your Dad and she must have been overjoyed." She added.

"I don't know about Dad, but he was kind of busy most of the time, but used to spend time with me. But my Mom used to be like so close to me and then..." I trailed off to which she frowned.

"We will go back? I think this is enough for practice." Saying that she turned us around and I felt not much pain in my ribs this time while climbing down but it is there climbing up.

When she was about to move away after making me sit on the bed, I tugged her to sit beside me and again pulled her into my arms.

"And I don't know why, she was also distant from me and also always lost in her thoughts when I was ten. I kind of don't remember much, but I feel like there were bad memories and everything. I was told she was no more when I woke up in the hospital." I explained.

"Hospital?" she asked, frowning.

"Yeah! It seems I lost my conscious when they first informed about Mom and was kind of like that for three days or something. It was paining inside to lose her, but then Dad just sent me away not giving me any time. I begged him and even Grandpa, but none of them listened and sent me away from India saying it is best for me." I replied and she hugged me back tightly while rubbing my back.

"Maybe it was because they both love you as far as I know." She whispered and I frowned, but then remembered Grandpa saying she met Dad some years back.

"Now, I will be late for work. So, we are going to sleep." Saying that she moved away and I lay on my side of the bed.

"Yeah! You have all the work to do while I will be just laying here." I said, biting my lip from smiling and immediately felt her moving before I know she is lying beside me.

"I don't want to go and you know it. If you don't like then I will not." She whispered and I let the smile broke out of my face making her realize I was joking.

She glared before moving away from me to lay at the end and I immediately pulled her back to me to hold her before pressing a kiss to her forehead.

"Don't ever touch that end of the bed otherwise you will be sleeping over me the next time. I will not allow it." I warned her and she turned around in my arms with a smile.

"And you don't know how proud I am feeling with the way you are handling everything. Ms. Manjula is giving me information about any deals and how you are doing it. You are just saying the deal is there but never what and all happened from your side." I explained and she shook her head sighing.

"If I ever wish someone to be in that seat if not me then it would be you." I added and she gasped.

"I don't have any training to do that and you are helping me at each step." She pointed out, but I shook my head before closing my eyes thinking she will never believe my words.

"What happened?" I asked her frowning when she was lost in her thoughts.

"James is too happy with his cast removed." She replied and I chuckled.

"Who wouldn't be? Look at me, I am sitting here with you in the dining area instead of in our room. I am also happy." I pointed out.

"Even I am but now Di will not have much chance to make him be at one place so that he let go of his anger and understand her." She pointed back.

"They both are elder to us and know how to take care of themselves." I said smiling and she gave a surprised look.

"Both?" she asked, laughing.

"Okay! Your Di is elder than you and James is elder than me. Happy?" I asked while she just laughed.

"But he was your college mate right?" she asked after a few moments.

"Yeah! Two years older and still was my classmate because he skipped his schooling for two years when he was just sixteen to join a gang." I explained.

"What? I can't believe it." She said, shaking her head.

"He was a badass okay and I too can't believe we just clicked like this during college from the beginning." I said and she just chuckled before we finished our food in silence.

"By the way, I got the deal on the house James asked us about. The house is his from today onwards." I added and she smiled.

"Really? That's great!" she said and I nodded smiling back.

"Do you have to go today? It is Saturday, Nakul." She said, frowning and I laughed while buttoning up my shirt.

"So, you take a rest. I have an important work and will be back as soon as I can." Saying that I walked near to her and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"Well, James seems like to be lost in his thoughts these few weeks. So, just take another driver or at least ask him to drive slowly." She instructed and I nodded leaving the room with her following me.

When we walked out, I saw Sweety standing near their house door with folded arms, staring at James, who is near the car with a frown.

"Drive carefully!" both of them said making him grunt and sit in the driving seat.

"So, still thinking to go ahead with divorce?" I asked him when he started driving.

"Yes! In just two months, everyone can get back to their lives." He replied, but after a few minutes with a blank expression.

"Can your decision change if you believe her to let go of her revenge thing for me and anything that gets revealed today?" I asked with a frown.

"Trust me! My decision is no where because of all this related to you. I am not that much of an sacrificing friend." He replied and I shook my head.

"You both?" that's what Mr. Sathish said when we walked into his house.

"We want to talk to you." I explained and he nodded before gesturing us towards the study room.

"Nakul? James? How are you both? And how are my daughters?" his wife asked and I smiled at her.

"Torturing both of us with their care." I replied, ignoring the glare from James.

"They are worried about you both." She said, nodding and I smiled before following her husband with James following me.

"So, what is this about? I was not behind the accident of you both." He said the moment we both sat down.

"You were sure I was the reason behind the accident." I said and he leaned back with a frown.

"I know you are behind it." He stated and James tensed while I felt myself feeling more confused.

"Why? Why are you so sure? Just give me a sound proof for your believing that." I asked him while he stared at both of us.

He stood up and walked towards the closed rack before unlocking it. He stood there doing something for a few minutes before returning with an envelope.

"Because of this! I held to it for so long and would have done it for some more. But both my children don't want any of this and I don't think I will do any good as per that woman who is standing in the kitchen with worry what must be going here. And I trust her with my life to know she is right. So, I am giving away the proof of it along with my desire to avenge for your mistake. Well, I can calm myself saying you were just a kid." He said shrugging while I stared at him with tongue tied not knowing what to say.

I opened the envelope and took out the pictures with a frown. And then the blood drained out of my face before James took them from me.

We both sat there for a few minutes while Mr. Sathish frowned at both of us before some realization crossed his features.

I nodded at him and stood up before walking out of the room when James returned the pictures and left the house ignoring everything. I settled myself in the car while James just drove off with my heart pounding in my ears.

*James Pov*

"Are you really stupid to drive today?" she asked while I was changing my shirt.

"Yes! And why are you still here? Don't you have the business and everything?" I asked frowning.

"Don't change the topic, James. At least take some other person." She said frowning back.

"Look, you wished to take care of and you did that. Now, there is no reason to still bug me." I commented lost in my thoughts like the past few days when she dropped the bomb of Maha's Dad being killed in the same accident.

I don't want to hide this from Nakul but Swathi is sure it is not a good idea. Maybe today I will tell him about it.

But all these thoughts left my head, when she suddenly pulled my collar as usual to move my face near her and I don't know how she reached before me at all.

"Don't think you can treat me as some maid or nurse for all the things I did. I did all the things because I am your wife and still am. I have every right to take care of you and stop you if you are doing something silly." She fumed and when she said wife my gaze dropped to her neck.

I don't know why, but from the time she is wearing that, it feels like she has my brand or something. But I know I can't move forward with anything with her lies tugging me all the time.

"Sure! Just for two months and you can do whatever you want to but later you will not have any chance. Because I have perfect plans after the divorce which will not change no matter what." I stated and she stared at me with wide eyes.

"James! Can't you see... I..." she trailed off closing her eyes and I closed mine feeling something clogged in the throat.

"Prepare yourself, Swathi." I whispered.

"I don't think I can and I will change your mind because my mind is set." Those were the words while I stepped out of the house and waited for Nakul repeating her words.

When Nakul asked the same thing, I got irritated and gave the same reply, but her words just repeated themselves and I didn't have the stop button.

However, looking at the picture in my hand did the trick, making me lose all my thoughts. I started driving while Nakul just sat there like a statue.

"Don't drive to the home." He whispered and I nodded before driving to the opposite direction and stopped the car near a park.

His phone ringing broke the silence, but looking at the caller ID he cut it off and then I got the call. But I cut it off seeing it is Maha.

If there is some problem, then someone would inform me, but I don't think I can talk to her right now.

"I was feeling guilty all these days when Sweety talked about the accident accusing me and when everyone confirmed my Mom did it. It was not just because a life got ended, but because I know her Mom is very special for Maheshwari. I don't know what can I call regarding the feeling I am having now." He calmly said and I closed my eyes before opening them.

"Why can't I remember?" he suddenly asked, holding his head.

"Nakul! It was in the past and nothing will happen even if you think about it." I said but he shook his head.

"I don't think I can look at her directly at all after knowing this. What if she sees this and leaves me? Why didn't she see it until now?" he continued to talk while his questions brought another question to my head.

Did Swathi see this? I thought, but then repeated his questions. He is feeling this much knowing that a lady close to Maha died, then what will he do if he knows about Maha's Dad?

No! He will never be able to bear that thought and I will not tell him. I nodded to myself knowing within my heart it is the right thing to do after seeing his state.

He suddenly took the picture out and stared at him while I did the same. He leaned back, closing his eyes.

"It is taken through CCTV." I whispered and he nodded like he already knows.

"Nakul! You don't remember and you can't beat yourself up." I said after half an hour passed.

But we just stayed for two more hours and he suddenly pushed the pictures and the envelope in my hands.

"Yes! It is difficult to look at her, but I will not let her see this and know about it. I am too selfish to let her go or even to have her hatred towards me. This will be with you only, James." He ordered and I nodded.

"I will destroy it." I said, but he shook his head.

"No! Some day I may get the courage to let her know about this. So, just hide it." He said and I nodded while he looked out of the window.

I glanced at each one of them with one showing him holding the steering wheel and then next with the car on the divider with still him holding it and the next nearing another car passing on the other side of the road.

And then the last one crashing into that car to the side of it. I closed my eyes from the proof's which show clearly he was the one who was driving when this accident occurred. I expected anything but not this for sure.

-----------------------------------------

hey guys!!! so... yeah...

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 977 33
"I am going" she said looking into his eyes which were hiding tears just like her eyes. "Okay" he said she was waiting for him to say 'don't go' but...
40 4 15
She's a Kathak dancer. He's a football player. She's in the top position for her Kathak classes. He's the captain of the football team. They're both...
9.4K 829 32
"You said they were saying no one will marry you, right? How about you show them you have a husband now.There is someone to accept you for your life...
3.4K 282 28
Adhoori aas chhod ke, adhuri pyaas chhod ke jo roz yuhi jaaoge, to kis tarah nibhaaoge ki zindagi ki raah mein, jawaan dilon ki chaah mein kai makaam...