Without You

By Shannon_Demetria

Demi and Wilmer have been married for four years but when everything begins to go wrong can they pull themsel... More

one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-five
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two
epilogue.

thirty-four.

1.4K 53 1
By Shannon_Demetria

'Welcome! I'd like to start this class by having the partners introducing their little family... We'll start at this side of the room.' Jessica, the woman running the birthing class, says gesturing to the opposite side of the room. Sighing Demi places her hand over her mouth as she yawns and leans her head against Wilmer's shoulder. The various other couples introduce themselves and their family until it finally comes to them.

'I'm Wilmer and this is Demi, my wife. This our first child.' Wilmer says smiling slightly and Jessica nods her head.

'Okay, good start everyone. So this class is just going to focus on the birth, what will happen and things that you can do to help your labour along.' Jessica says as Demi lifts her head off Wilmer's shoulder and rests her hand on her bump.

'So going into labour won't necessarily be like you see in movies. Labour is different for every woman; some people find the pain unbearable while others find it just like menstrual cramps. Labour and delivery is normally divided into stages. You've got early labour which is when the contractions start and you begin to dilate. Active labour when your contractions get more intense and closer together.' Jessica says and Demi glances up at Wilmer smiling as she sees him really paying attention to what the woman is saying.

'During early labour I usually suggest you don't time your contractions the entire time as that can be very draining if things don't seem to be progressing very quickly. I do however recommend you try to get some sleep between contractions especially if you go into labour during the night as keeping your energy up is vital.' Jessica continues and Demi feels Wilmer gently squeeze her hip where his hand rests. She lets her head drop back down to rest on his shoulder and smiles slightly.

'Active labour is when things really start happening. That's probably when you'll head to the hospital or start preparing for the birth. If you're having a hospital birth this will be the time you can get your pain relief.' Jessica says.

****

'This is so intense...' Demi says quietly as she turns her body to face Wilmer. They've been at the class for just under an hour and have now taken a short break while Jessica sets up for some sort of breathing exercise.

'Very informative though.' Wilmer replies placing his hand on Demi's stomach as the baby kicks.

'I guess...' Demi says quietly.

'I can't believe that something so big can-' He begins and she shakes her head.

'Don't you dare say it.' She says causing him to smile.

'Sorry.' He replies gasping as he feels a particularly strong kick against his hand.

'Can you believe it? Five weeks and we'll have our very own tiny human.' She says.

'It's absolute madness.' He replies shaking his head.

_____

'So if you just lean back against your partner's chest.' Jessica says and Demi smiles slightly as she does as instructed. Wilmer's hands are placed on the sides of her bump as his head rests on her shoulder.

'Mommies if you'd like to close your eyes and just focus on your breathing for the time being... Breathe in; one, two, three. Breathe out; one, two, three, four.' Jessica says softly. Demi feels Wilmer's hands gently massaging her sides and allows her body to fully relax into his embrace.

'When breathing out you can use your baby as your focus. Everything breath you take will bring you closer to meeting your baby and that can help when the contractions get stronger.' Jessica says.

'Trust your body to birth your baby.' Jessica adds with a small smile on her face.

So this chapter was awful and I'm well aware of that. I really struggled to write it without it coming across too graphic or too much like an informative leaflet about childbirth. I'm pretty sure this will be the final chapter before the birth which will begin in the next chapter which, unless anyone wants anything else pregnancy related, might be posted later tonight as all the chapters have been written.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 859 31
After an accidental pregnancy at the age of 18, Demi Lovato begged her long time boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama to settle down to save both of their fam...
308K 6.8K 50
Demi is happy with her boyfriend, Wilmer, until she gets the bright idea to set up her friend and assistant, Natalie, with her best friend, Nick Jona...
179K 4.4K 52
Hi, Diaz Valderrama here, you may recognize my last name, my dad is Wilmer Valderrama. Hispanic, model, actor and etc. Married to Demi Lovato? Well...
66 8 10
In front of the cameras it is the image of a couple filled with happiness that Demi and Wilmer appear. Only, away from the spotlight, hides a relati...