eight.

'Hi, babies...' Demi says smiling as she makes her way into the living room where Nick is waiting with Batman and Cinderella.

'How was your flight?' Nick asks making his way over to her.

'Good... I'm glad to be home.' She replies smiling.

'Spoke to Wilmer?' He asks and she nods her head.

'He's coming to the scan tomorrow.' She replies hugging him tightly and causing him to smile.

'Oh really? How are you feeling about that?' He asks and she sighs.
'Honestly? Absolutely terrified. I don't want to see him, you know? I'm not ready to be face to face with him knowing that he won't just wrap his arms around me and tell me everything will be okay.' She admits.

'It'll be tough, Demi. This was never going to be easy especially with you being pregnant.' He replies. They make their way over to the sofa and both sit down.

'Marissa, Kelsey and I are going to try go to Bora bora.' Demi says glancing over at Nick.

'Yeah? That sounds like it would be a good idea.' He replies.

'Marissa's looking up flights, I think. How have things been at the label?' She asks and he shrugs his shoulders.

'Fine. Nothing exciting has happened that I can think of.' He replies.

'You don't have to stay here and babysit me, you know? If you've got stuff to do I'll be alright on my own.' She says and he shakes his head.

'I've not got anything on. I was thinking we could maybe hit the gym together if you're feeling up to it?' He suggests and she nods her head.

'That actually sounds perfect... I'm just gonna phone my doctor and make sure I'll be okay to do some exercise.' She says grabbing her phone.

_____

'You okay?' Nick asks as he pulls into a parking space outside Unbreakable.

'I think so.' She replies.

'We don't have to go in if you don't want to. I can drive us back to your place again.' He says and she shakes her head.

'No, it's okay. Let's just go inside.' She replies. She gets out the car and grabs her bag from the backseat as Nick does the same. Making their way into the gym Demi smiles slightly as she sees Marlee and Kim standing by the treadmill.

'I'll be fine, Nick. Go workout.' She says. He stares at her for a few moments before nodding his head and making his way over to the locker room.

'Hey, guys.' Demi says smiling as she makes her way over to Marlee and Kim.

'Demi! How are you?' Marlee asks.

'I'm okay; taking everything one day at a time.' Demi replies.

'We've missed you.' Kim says as Demi leans against the wall.

'I was in Dallas... So, I've got some news.' Demi replies reaching into her bag. She pulls out her phone and pulls up the sonogram picture before holding it out to the two women.

'Oh my god... Are you?' Marlee asks and Demi nods her head.

'Around twelve weeks.' Demi replies.

'Oh congratulations! How has Wilmer taken the news?' Kim asks and Demi sighs.

'It's been difficult.' Demi admits; she told a few people about the divorce, including Marlee and Kim, through text during the week.

'I bet it has. You working out today?' Marlee asks and Demi nods her head.

'Yeah, I'm going to do a bit. I've got a scan tomorrow and it'll be the first time I've seen Wilmer since everything happened so I need to take my mind off things.' Demi replies.

'Do you not think there's any chance the two of you could work things out now?' Kim asks and Demi sighs.

'I don't know. I never wanted the divorce in the first place but I don't want him to stay with me for the sake of the baby; that's not fair on me and it's not fair on him.' Demi replies.

'Maybe with time?' Marlee suggests and Demi nods her head.

'Maybe.' She replies quietly.

_____

'What do you mean?' Sobeida asks.

'Demi's pregnant and I don't know what to do.' Wilmer admits.

'You don't know what to do? Your wife is pregnant, Wilmer. You should be happy.' Sobeida says and Wilmer shakes his head.

'We're getting divorced, mamá.' He replies and she gasps.

'Surely this changes things? It's an innocent little baby who should be brought up in a loving family home with two parents.' She says.

'Us being together won't be any good for the baby if none of us are happy. A baby needs happy parents.' He replies.

'So you won't even consider trying to work things out with Demi? That girl loves you.' She says and he sighs.

'And I love her but I just don't see any way back from this; she hates me.' He replies.

_____

'What are we going to do, little one? This is a really messed up situation and I never expected this to happen... I'm sorry I even considered abortion; I promise I will cherish you for the rest of my life because you, my love, are a miracle.' Demi says resting both her hands against her bare stomach.