Swing for the Fences (Dansby...

By LoveBraves11

Best friends Jessalyn and Bristol have finally graduated from Vanderbilt University. Upon returning to their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 2

1.4K 16 2
By LoveBraves11

The game progressed and in between each inning, Dansby had taken the time to wave, smile, or wink at them. It melted Jessalyn's heart. She attempted to hide how happy it made her, but she wasn't sure she was doing that great of a job. Then again, Bristol was kind of distracted.

"Did you see that catch? WHO DOES THAT?" Bristol shook her head and watched as Ender approached the dugout. He had just ended the inning with that catch and she'd never been more impressed. He smiled up at her and kissed the ball before heading down into the dugout, "Good gosh, I'm going to die-" Bristol shifted a bit, "He doesn't even care that everyone around us thinks it's to them."

"It's obviously not. I mean, he's really flirting with you. You should... talk to him after. Don't worry about what Dansby said," Jessalyn settled in her seat, "That is... unless you want to worry about what he said. I mean, I'm sure he was just being protective, right?"

Bristol frowned, "I don't care what he thinks. I mean, I respect him, but he wouldn't be friends with some horrible guy. We know Dansby isn't like that. He probably hasn't even dated since he was called up..."

Jessalyn silently hoped she was right. With a heavy sigh, she focused her attention back on the game. It was the Braves last chance to bat and they were down one run, "Let's hope Dans can get us a walk off-"

"Maybe Ender will do it. Since he is batting first-"

"Right," Jessalyn laughed. Could her best friend be any more obvious? She only wished she could be that way.

The ball connected with the bat and sure enough, Ender had gotten a hit. A good one too! It got him to second base. The girls stood and screamed for Dansby when he walked up to the plate, "He's got this-" Bristol nodded, "I just know. I know my Dansby!"

She shot Bristol a look and frowned. Her Dansby? Maybe she was reading too much into it, but they had looked a little cozy. She brushed it off and focused back on his batting. He was down in the count, but she had confidence, "COME ON DANS! GET HIM HOME!"

"Yes, let's get him home--" Bristol whispered, nudging her friend, "If you know what I mean."

"REALLY? THIS IS IMPORTANT!" Jessalyn groaned, "Let's support our best friend!"

Bristol laughed. She was just being light hearted and wasn't sure what had gotten into Jessalyn but she didn't have time to think about it right now. Dansby's bat had just connected with the ball and she was positive it was a double. They weren't at all disappointed when it carried over the wall and the Braves had indeed walked it off against the Mets, "My worst team dies and my best friend is responsible! I LOVE LIFE!"

"Our best friend is pretty awesome-" She corrected and cheered along with the crowd.

As the people slowly cleared, Bristol was eager to head back down to the wall, "Come on, Jess..." She waited until the other girl had caught up to her. Once they were down there, they could see Dansby being interviewed.

He finished up and quickly left his teammates to come get them, "COME HERE! NOW! BOTH OF YOU!" He grabbed Jessalyn's hand and helped her over. He didn't have to help Bristol, because Ender was already there and taking care of that, "Inciarte. I told you I needed a minute-"

He frowned, "You don't need a minute with both of them," He shrugged, his attention back on the girl in front of him, "We're all going out, do you want to go, Bristol?"

"You already know my name. You must have been talking about me," She smiled at him and didn't let go of his hand, "I'd love to go."

"I ask Swanson. I got the evil eye-" He whispered, "But I don't care."

"You should care-" Dansby shook his head and held out his arm so Jessalyn could link her's through it. He turned and began escorting her towards the dugout.

The other two followed in step and Ender grinned, "Don't listen to anything he says about me. It's probably not true."

"I'm not worried," She admitted, "I'm sure I've heard and seen worse."

Before they knew it, they were in the clubhouse and Dansby turned to the two girls, "You girls wait here. Your boy will be right back-" He winked at Jessalyn and then turned to Bristol, "No running in and peeking in the showers like you did back in high school, you got it?"

"Oh please, I'm more mature now," Bristol crossed her arms and noticed Ender's arched eyebrow, "It was a DARE, okay? I never back down from those-"

Ender smirked at her words, "Okay, I dare-"

"INCIARTE," Dansby shook his head and laughed, "Let's go." He dragged his friend along and the two disappeared down the hall.

"Tu amigo es caliente!" Ender wasn't even afraid to say it. He might as well let Dansby know since apparently, they were all three joined at the hip.

Dansby frowned, "Ender, I swear- If you don't stop talking to me in Spanish when I have no way to translate it-"

"I said your friend is HOT, Swanson."

"Jess? She's not your type, Ender." Dansby's mind had so much focus in one place, he wasn't even putting two and two together.

"Um, okay. That's awesome you know me so well, but I was kind of talking about Bristol-" He nudged Dansby, "You have more than one friend back there, you know."

Dansby really wasn't thinking along the line of 'friends' at the moment. He shook the thought off and wasn't sure why it was harder to rid himself of it this time than the times before, "Right."

"Something wrong with me thinking she's hot, Dansby?"

"What? No. I don't care what Bristol does. I mean, if you hurt her I'll injure you but that's a given."

Ender laughed, "I'm not going to hurt her. What do you assume that? I've not exactly had twenty girls knocking down my door. Well, maybe I have, but I didn't accept! Wait-" Ender paused, "Are you saying you care what Jess does?"

Dansby shot him a look, "NO," He quickly brushed it off yet again, "What even. I couldn't care less. I just don't want them hurt, that's all."

"Okay-" Ender shrugged but knew differently, "Whatever you say, mi amigo!"

A few minutes had passed and finally, they'd made their way back. Ender was quick to retrieve Bristol and help her up from where she sat, "Okay, we'll catch up with you later--" He held her hand and headed for the door.

"Not so fast there, Ender-" Dansby laughed through his gritted teeth, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Out. To celebrate..." Ender shrugged, "Where do you think YOU'RE going?"

"With you two. We deserve to celebrate too."

Ender sighed, "Fine. The more the merrier-"

Bristol laughed and grabbed Ender's hand, "I don't care whose there as long as I get to know you a little better-"

"That's all I care to hear-"

Jessalyn lagged behind with Dansby. She didn't want to go out, it wasn't her style. She'd go though, for the company. And she didn't mean Ender and Bristol, "Dans, how is he with the ladies?"

Dansby shrugged, "Honestly, he's fine. He's just blunt. And so is she. It could get them into a lot of trouble. I don't want them... doing something they're going to regret and make the entire situation awkward, you know?"

"Mhmm.. wouldn't want that," She cut her eyes over to him, "Define regret?"

Again, her innocence showed through, "You know, like eleventh grade. Sam Winston-" He paused, "Quarterback of the football team. We used to be so close and she... I don't even want to think about it."

Jess shook her head, "She learned her lesson. He burned her good. And plus they had dated for a year, it's not like she just... you know, had just met him..."

"I was supposed to protect her and I didn't. I let her drink all those drinks on prom night... I was really wasted myself."

"We all made mistakes, Dans," She tried to calm him as they walked. A slight sensation ran over her as they hit the cool night air and he loosely grabbed her hand, "I'm sure we'll make plenty more."

"I hope not-" He glanced over at her, "I mean, ever since I've gotten called up I have tried to maintain my values.." Truth was, he didn't want to have meaningless relationships with countless girls.

She shyly smiled, "You promised me you would.. remember that?"

"You promised too," He grinned, remembering one moment they did share without Bristol around. They were almost to the car and he squeezed her hand before letting go, "Sit up front with me!"

"And put them in the--back-" She watched as they had already decided to do that, "Okay then. That's a big back seat-"

Dansby laughed, "I've got a mirror you two-" He pointed but they both shook their head, "You're not at all innocent, I see right through it!"

They all climbed in and Dansby backed the Tahoe out of the tight parking space, "I'm serious-" He stopped with his hand on the seat. His eyes were on Ender, "I'm watching you, Inciarte."

"Good gosh, what do you think I'm going to do," He frowned, "Don't answer that-"

"Please answer it-" Bristol teased and knew nothing like that was about to happen. They were just being playful and flirty, "Inquiring minds want to know!"

Dansby shook his head and focused back on the parking garage. He meant it though. He hadn't protected her once and he wasn't going to let it happen again. His main focus still remained on the girl in the passenger seat. Letting her know that would be an entirely different ballgame, though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 45 23
You start to off as best friends...
10.8K 270 22
๐–๐‚โ”Šโช ๐“ฆ๐–ค๐–ฒ๐–ณ ๐“’๐–ฎ๐– ๐–ฒ๐–ณ! โซ โ†ณ ๆ‹ไบบใŸใก โ› i can see my baby ๐ฌ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ง'. his ๐’‘๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’‚๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•'๐’” on fire and his hands. are...
18.8K 152 77
Imagines about your favorite braves players This will include -Austin Riley -Dansby Swanson -Matt Olson -Travis d'Arnaud -Vaughn Grissom -Max Fried...
1.1K 45 9
๐โ”Šโช ๐“Ÿ๐™ฐ๐š๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™พ๐™ธ๐™ฐ! โซ โ†ณ ๆ‹ไบบใŸใก โ› ๐–•๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–“๐–”๐–Ž๐–† slipping in! ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด all the ๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค๐ฌ again! โœใ€” ๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ’‹ ใ€• โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” in which kar...