A Happy Boy Named Iceland

By sinning_in_style

The story of a happy boy named Iceland More

A
H
A
P
P
Y
B
O
Y
N
A
M
E
I
C
E
L
A
N
D
Two Merry Boys on Christmas!
a/n

D

449 34 32
By sinning_in_style

May contain TW idk I didn't get triggered by any of this but maybe you will (mostly by the pOOR WAY IN WHICH IT'S WRITTEN)

Also, if you're allergic to long chapters, you might want to leave and read the next one. It will make no difference but this took ALMOST A WHOLE NONSTOP WEEK TO WRITE SO YA BETTER READ IT

Also I have absolutely no idea what the countries or anything were called back in the 1800's so I'll just call them like usual so there aren't any confusions

Nothing here is 100% like it was before because that would be boring so idk just read or something

~o~o~o~

The sounds of crashing waves against the massive wooden ship startled the small child, who was resting peacefully, waking him from his small nap. Confused and rather dizzy, he pushed himself up from the bed.

The smell of sea water slapped him in the face. He nauseously covered his mouth so he wouldn't vomit all over himself but lost balance and rolled off the bed, right onto the cold hard floor

"AGH-"

His head bounced against the floor making a loud THUD. He let out a little scream because it fucking hurt, like shit have you ever smashed your head against a wooden floor? IT HURTS!

Several tears formed in his small dark brownish eyes, but the boy wiped them away using his rather oversized sleeve.

Where was he?

He didn't have any memories of that day or the day before. He only remembered-

"BIG BROTHER!" His brother! Where was he?! The dark eyed child scanned the entire room, but his brother wasn't anywhere to be seen.

As he observed his surroundings, he noticed a familiar flag right above a wooden door... like everything else in the room. He had to squint a little to distinguish it from the wall since it was pretty dark. If it weren't for the candles though, it would've been impossible to see absolutely anything. The candles gave the room a dark, eerie feeling, but it made the small Asian feel comfortable for some reason.

Something about the flag was extremely familiar. Was this a déjà vu? Probably not; he was too small to even know what the word even meant (That, if it actually meant something back then)

He stood up and (with difficulty) walked over to the door. It was impossible to open no matter how much he pushed or pulled. So much for that. He brushed his bangs out of his face and made his way towards the window.
It was very high up, impossible for him to look through without something to climb on.

"Hng-" He pouted.

Even though he couldn't see, he could hear the sound of the ocean furiously slamming itself against the ship over and over. He could hear the wind howling, the rain pouring non-stop. The child shook in fear. He knew what was to come next. As expected (unfortunately) the whole room was illuminated in a bright white-ish light. He took a step away from the window. And then he heard it.

Thunder

If he weren't a grown potty trained boy he would of shitted himself for sure.

Thunder was terrifying to him; he never knew what it was and nobody ever felt like explaining it, even if he asked politely. He trembled in fear as he felt hot tears start streaming down his cheeks. He just wanted to go home.

Suddenly, a new noise interrupted him...The door.

It slowly creaked open, filling the child's eyes with complete terror. Without thinking it twice, he ran off to his bed and covered himself head to toe with the old blanket resting at the edge of the bed.

He shivered as he felt the new presence getting closer and closer every second. He closed his eyes shut and prepared for the worst.....

But instead...

The small bean felt a hand pat his head, and then something sat next to him...

"Storms are quite scary, aren't they?"

The Cantonese blinked a few times and then slowly uncovered his head, still trembling. His eyes met with some extremely weird light blue ones, and suddenly, he didn't feel so afraid...

The man before him looked very interesting, though he could of sworn he saw him before. His hair was a weird mix of light blond and-... wait, was that pink? Light pink... huh... interesting.

The British man giggled slightly and ruffled the boy's auburn hair.

"Don't worry about me, I won't harm you" He gave him a warm smile and then continued. "Say, what's your name?" The child just looked at him, confused.

What the hell is he saying?!

".....I-I can't understand you" he shyly said in almost a whisper, but the man heard...

But what the fuck did he say? It was the European's turn to be confused. After a moment of silence, he had an idea.

He pointed at himself in a poor attempt to let the young boy know his name. "Oliver-" He slowly pronounced every syllable separately, hoping it wouldn't be too much of a complicated name for the young Asian.

Fortunately, he understood what the other was attempting to inform and was able to repeat the name in an almost perfect accent. Now it was his turn...

"T-Tai Yang Chun"

"....... how about I just call you "Chap"?"

Though he had no idea what the slightly pink haired man tried to say, he nodded energetically.

Who was this man?

Why was he so familiar?

Why was he here?

It wasn't until the second lighting strike when he saw it...

Oliver was wearing a red coat...

And it triggered a f U CKING WAR FLASHBACK OH SHIIIIIIIIIT MAXIMUM OVAHDRAAIVE THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION I REPEAT THIS IS NOT A SIMULATION WE'RE ABOUT TO ENTER THE TWILIGHT ZONE AHHHHHHHH

FLISHBICK

"B-Big brother... "

" Not now, idiot! I got business"

"I-I'm very scared..."

"I SAID NOT NOW!"

"OW! "

The Chinese sighed and walked away from his pathetic excuse for a brother. It was true, he had business. Wars don't win themselves, do they?

Oh, also, he smacked the shit outta him incase you were wondering

Yeah, I'm a terrible author, fight me

-

" B-BIG BROTHER, WHERE ARE YOU?"

The small boy wandered around looking for his brother. What he didn't know was that around him, hundreds of soldiers were brutally killing their enemies in a battle which would define-

Actually, what was the entire point of the Opium Wars? I mean... I know it has something to do with Chinese people smokin crack and England not being able to pay their tea but the more I read about it, the more confusing it gets.__.

....

Anyways-

"Big brother!! B-Big brother... "

The small boy searched everywhere for his beloved brother. He was very worried he wouldn't be able to see him ever again and wanted to give his sibling one last hug.

"Big broth-"

And then he heard it behind him.

CLICK

Slowly, Hong Kong turned around to see the origin of the sound and suddenly had a shotgun just centimeters away from his eyes.

"Stay still if you don't want a bullet poppin' out of your brain..." A red coated soldier pointed his gun towards the young child, who just trembled in fear not understanding the weird language being spoken.

"You're the brother of the enemy's leader... Heh...maybe kidnapping you will solve this stupid war once and for all"

The boy was still fucking clueless as to what was being said, but something in the tone of his voice told him something was horribly wrong. He turned to run away, but the other's hand grasped his wrist before anything could be done. Closing his eyes, the boy prepared for the worst... until...

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, YOU FAT BANANA?!" Another man, light blond hair at first sight, much shorter than the first one but wearing the same uniform, ran up to where they were and slammed the shotgun away from the soldier. "IT'S A KID! YOU CAN'T SHOOT A KID, ARE YOU DEMENTED OR WHAT?"

"But sir, this kid is-"

"This is my pocket of fucks. In here are the amount of fucks I give about who that kid is. Don't be shy, grab one"

"Um... your pocket's empty"

"DING DING DING! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER! CONGRATULATIONS, CAPITAN OBVIOUS! YOUR PRIZE IS A FOOT UP YOUR ASS IF YOU DON'T GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE"

The man ran almost as fast as I run when I'm in my room and I suddenly hear "We're eating pizza" in the kitchen

The blond sighed and looked over at the frightened cinnamon roll, who was trembling in fear and confusion. "A-Are you okay?" He reached out to grab the small boy's arm, when a familiar voice interrupted his actions.

"Don't touch my brother, you crusty fuck!"

He chuckled "Well well well, if isn't old man China~"

"SHUT UP!" The Chinese raised his shotgun and aimed towards the Brit.

Several of his soldiers saw this. They ran over to the scene and pointed their weapons towards the angry Asian.

"Lower your guns, boys... Just a friendly conversation between a man and the person I commerce with"

China growled and violently pulled his brother away from the tea addict.

"O-Ow! Big brother, you're hurting me!" The brown eyed child rubbed his arm and held in his tears.

"Don't talk! This is all your stupid fault! Get out!" He smacked his little brother's head using his shotgun and pushed him away. His sibling obeyed and ran to safety as fast as be could.

"Hey! You can't just hit him like that! He's just a child" Even though at the moment he was currently at war with the Chinese, he couldn't help but feel terrible for his younger brother.

"You think I care? I bet you'd do the same if he was YOUR sibling"

"Who says I wouldn't do a better job?"

"What? You want to keep him or something?!"

"All I'm saying is that the poor boy might have a better life with me than with-"

China furiously threw his weapon down and angrily glared at the red coated man. "HOW DARE YOU COME TO MY LAND AND TELL ME HOW TO TAKE CARE OF MY SHIT LITTLE BROTHER?! YOU WANT HIM SO BAD?! WELL FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK YOU CAN TAKE HIM. TAKE HIM FAR AWAY FROM ME AND NEVER COME BACK!"

"..... Maybe I will... " The English man said nothing more and walked away...

What they didn't know, was that Hong Kong was silently listening behind a rock...

Though he didn't understand a shit but whatevz-

IND IF FLISHBICK

The child shook his head and stared at the man before him. Now he remembered... but why was he here? He still didn't know...

Did this man take him away from his big brother by force? No, no... big brother would never allow something like that... or would he?

Oh god, he really hoped not. Hong Kong loved his big brother very much! It would break his heart... Maybe one day Oliver would explain what happened since he had no memory of the occurred. He must've passed out or something...

Focusing his attention more at the man before him rather than his own thoughts for once, he sighed. He hoped his brother was ok...

Oliver doubted his new colony remembered anything from the day before; he did bump his head against the door frame pretty hardly.

"I know you must be confused... trust me, I will tell you all. But first you need to learn some English" He paused to chuckle slightly, "I'm pretty sure you'll be a fast learner" He ruffled the bean's hair in a poor attempt to cheer him up.

The child felt something weird at that moment... something he never felt before. Did somebody actually give a fuck about him...? Oh... It sure felt nice... He could get used to this...

As the ship rocked back and fourth in the never-ending sea, Hong Kong decided this would be the beginning of a new adventure...

But he needed to learn the language first because Jesus, he didn't understand what the fuck was going on

~o~o~o~

A year passed since the war and 7 months since the ship arrived at it's destination.

In the time he spent with England on that ship, he learned to speak English, basic, but enough to communicate his needs and have quick conversations. He also growed a bit for some reason... He now looked like a  6 or 7 year old boy.

He learned Oliver was just like him, a humanized version of a mass of land, which made him gain more trust in the Brit.

When they finally arrived, Hong Kong was ecstatic. The house he longed to see was gigantic! It was nothing like England had described it, a small dumb hell hole, it was a castle in the small one's eyes.

Oliver grinned at seeing the child's joyous expression. He patted his back slightly and decided to let him choose his own room, after all, he wanted him to have the freedom and happiness his brother never gave him.

"Alright, chap, go ahead and choose your room"

"Gwaaaah! Really??? I'm so excited!!"

The small island nation (??? can I even call hk an island nation?? wtf is that even??? like??? idk I'll just..)

Gee this is boring

Ya know

Writing all this

It's been two month tbh 😭😭😭 kms 😭😭 is reading this boring??
LIKE BOI sure as hell might be...

Just skip to the end

Trust your friend :')

Um-

HONG KONG ZIPPITY ZOOMED AROUND THE HOUSE AND CHOSE HIS ROOM, ONE NEXT TO A WINDOW LIKE DUHHHH AND IT WAS SO COOOOL

His old room didn't have a window. He slept in an old bucket in an abandoned well :))) All's well that rats swell

😩😩😩💦🍆💦💯😩😩💦💦😩🍆🍆🍆💦🍆🍆💯💯💯💦💯🍆💯💦💯😩MNGHHHHHHH💦💦💦🍆💯💯💯😩😩🍆💦🍆

OK SERIOUSLY THOUGH-

I CAN'T WRITE THIS SERIOUSLY OMFG

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FUCKFUCKDUCK-

DDUUUUCK

FUCKDUCKDUCKCULFDUCKDLCUDKC

OK IGNORE THIS

IGNORE THIS

I'LL JUST-

Oliver grinned at seeing the child's joyous expression. He patted his back slightly and decided to let him choose his own room, after all, he wanted him to have the freedom and happiness his brother never gave him.

"Alright, chap, go ahead and choose your room"

"Gwaaaah! Really??? I'm so excited!!"

The small island nation (?) pushed open the gigantic doors of his new home and wowed in surprise.

(*Viktor Nikiforov voice* Wow, amazing!)

It was a very nice house which I will not describe because I lack of house knowledge.

The boy observed his surroundings and was very amazed by the decor. Paintings were hung everywhere on the ivory colored walls, porcelain vases decorated the dark corners of the house. The dark wooden floor made the beautiful chandelier above him brighter (somehow)

It was perfect, just like those fairy tales the older male would read to him as a bedtime story.

He shyly walked up a large curved staircase to the second floor where all the rooms were and he picked one

iMM TRYHING TO ENDTHIS FAST ISTG AHHHGJGJHK

BARE WITH ME BARE WITH ME IT'S ALMOST OVER AHSJNHNHGGGHHHNNNNGHHHHHSKREEEEEEEEE

The child couldn't be happier, he finally had his own room... no more sharing with mean brothers. Hong Kong threw himself on the bed and laughed to himself. Happy... he was happy... Why? He was away from his beloved brother. He never felt this way with him....Maybe.... maybe it was him who never made him feel happy... China was a... bad big brother?

No, that couldn't be...-

Wait...

He suddenly remembered all the things his brother told him, all the harsh, cruel words...

His brother hated him...

Maybe...

Maybe he should hate him too...

"YOU DIED UP THERE?" The boy sat up at hearing the familiar voice calling from downstairs. He laughed before responding. "NO! I'M OKAY! THIS ROOM IS GREAT!"

"WELL, COME DOWN! I'M GONNA TEACH YOU SOMETHING"

Hong Kong gasped happily and ran downstairs.

He tripped and broke his head against a vase and d i E D

Jkjk hhhhhh

For rest of the day, he was taught to cook pastries like cupcakes (his personal favorite) and cake and cookies! After that, Oliver educated the boy about the world, math, philosophy and many other things that would be useful later in life. Later he took a small break and had fun. He played with some of the other kids that were living with England (until now, he never understood why)

Everyday was like this. Everyday was fun.

Except those times the blond had to leave...

He was always scared he would forget about him and never come back, but Oliver always came back, saying the same thing.

"Oh heavens, you grew"

And it was always true.

(HHHHH THIS SHIT CHAPTER OMF)

o~o~o

The years passed and now it was the 20th century (FOX)

Hong Kong now looked like a 13 year old boy. He had grown so much, both mentally and physically.

He understood why England sometimes had to leave: they were at war. He wasn't afraid when Japan had him for a while during this because afterwards, England went after him.

What he didn't understand... was why China suddenly appeared outside his house reclaiming to have his little brother back. Neither did he understand why England (with tears in his eyes) gave him back to China as if nothing.

What was that? All those years... were they nothing? Was he never loved? What? How could he...? He was like a father to him... AND HE JUST GAVE HIM BACK?! WITHOUT NO DRAMA OR FIGHTS.

What he DID understand was that he was back home, his brother was an ass as always and his brothers disliked him. There he was... again at home... hating his life.

Why?

Why did everything go wrong?

Everything was going well...

Did he cry? Of course he did....but he did it while nobody was looking. Hidden. He couldn't dare share his emotions anymore, all they did was cause trouble, ALWAYS.

After being returned to China, all he did was stay in his bedroom all day and night. What else could he do? His brothers thought he was just a pest and the only person he loved more than anything about abandoned him.

Hong Kong soon came to a depressing conclusion

He wasn't meant to be loved

And for several decades, that's how things were...

Until that one day...

-

A tired, exhausted and excited Hong Kong opened his room's window and carefully stepped on the ladder he had carefully placed previously. He softly tossed his backpack down on the snow below him and climbed down.

He was running away. All those years of hatred, fake smiles, insults, violence would be far in the past. Rather than upset, he was proud of himself. It had taken years to finally build up some courage and do it.

Where was he going to go? He didn't know. He didn't really care either; all he wanted was somebody... somebody he could trust, someone that would never leave...

A friend

Just the thought of having a friend made him smile widely. The first real smile in years.

-

He walked and walked through the snow for days, not a single soul to be found. Sighing, he was decided to turn back and return "home", but a little silhouette (dem bohemian rhapsody tho) in the distance stopped him.

It's a person...

Unconsciously, he started walking towards the figure. The silhouette was starting to have more details, until they were face to face.

It was a boy. About his age, and boy did he look happy.

Not knowing what to say, he awkwardly greeted him, stuttering a bit too. Way to go, Hong Kong.

The boy greeted back energetically, still with that huge smile on his face.

Spon enough, they started talking. The boy's name was Egil. Odd enough, he was the human representation of Iceland. Apparently, he wandered off looking for a friend...

For the first time in a while, he felt hope. Hong Kong asked him if he wanted to become friends with him. He was shocked when the boy accepted (excitedly, may I add) HE WAS SO HAPPY! SO HAPPY HE ACTUALLY HUGGED HIM!

And that's how their friendship began...

Hong Kong felt Iceland was the first true friend he ever made. They would always talk about anything and comfort each other if they felt bad. They would play games or just hang out. He loved spending time with Iceland. They had truly a strong friendship; they were almost inseparable.

Throughout those months of friendship, Hong Kong started to develop some sort of feelings towards Iceland; feelings he had never felt towards anyone else. On the day he was invited to the Icelandic's house, he thought of confessing those feelings to him. It made him feel terrible knowing he wasn't telling his best friend something.

Everything was going alright, until Iceland's brother, Norway showed up...

(We all know what happened, I ain't gonna write it again lmao)

Hong Kong ran home crying. Crying because it was happening again. Climbing up the ladder and opening the window, he dropped himself on the floor and sobbed his heart out.

Why?

Why me?

He needed sleep... he needed something... something...

And then he remembered. In the bathroom cabinet there was a small box of sleeping pills. He just needed a few of those and he'd be fine. Right?

He got up and went to the bathroom, grabbing two sleeping pills and swallowing them.

Were two enough?

Maybe just one more.

...

Or two..

Or three...

Or five...

Maybe twenty...

Maybe all...

He swallowed all of the pills and suddenly felt horrible. Something was wrong...

The teen stumbled back to his bedroom. "I'll probably feel better after some sleep" he thought. Just before reaching his bed, a sharp pain in his stomach made him drop to the floor. The last thing he heard was the window opening... and then a gasp.

He passed out.

THIS IS SHIT PLZ FORGIVE I HAVE 2% BATTERY LEFT I'LL FIX ANYTHING TOMORROW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 46.7K 50
[COMPLETED] (Book 1/3) It was him. It was his scent, there was no mistaking it. For months I was searching and now, I know he's here, his musky sce...
61.3K 2.2K 153
"If your whole life turns out to be a lie, what will you do then?" "If everything you knew turns out to be a hoax, what will you do then?" Graciana D...
10.9M 420K 199
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ♪|| Wanna know how to be smooth like me? Then use these pick up lines LOLOL. -this book has been completed *ANIME PICK UP LINES BOOK 2 is o...
1.2M 58.7K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...