Unexpected Future!

By background21

We think and we expect! We do this both a lot and without these there is not much to do. Will there be any ac... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
EXTRA!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 32

3.4K 208 59
By background21

*Maheshwari Pov*

"You look tired." I opened my eyes to see Di sitting beside me.

"Finished with your call?" I asked and she nodded, staring at me with a frown.

"So, when is the big day?" I asked again when she was making a survey of me by looking at my face.

"This next Saturday, but don't change the topic. What are you doing to yourself for this past one month?" she asked and I smiled at her.

"I can ask the same." I replied, looking at her face.

"Seems like we both always get everything at a time." She mumbled sighing and I nodded.

"At least I took a leave and doing all this. And it will finish within two weeks with his cast removed." She pointed out.

"And Nakul will be discharged this next week itself, but of course is said to be sticking to the bed." I mumbled and she rolled her eyes.

"Even then you will be going to work before coming back to take care of him. Maybe you should try to stay at the house at least in the nights during work days. This is not good for your health." She suggested, but I shook my head.

"I just... I am scared, Di. I can't forget that day when we were informed about the accident and reached here. I just..." I trailed off, shaking my head.

"I know!" she mumbled holding my hand.

"You are completely normal with me again." I whispered and she closed her eyes.

"I was completely away these few years, wasn't I?" she asked and I nodded.

"Well, there is no reason for me to be like that anymore. I was busy collecting the details about Nakul and to think of different plans and also trying them along with failing at them. And now..." she trailed off, looking at the closed door.

"And now?" I asked, holding her hand back this time.

"I am making peace with everything to have my own peace and future." She replied looking at me.

"You love him!" I whispered and she nodded but sighed.

"Even though he is making it difficult for me to hang on to that love with everyday hostility but I do love him. I just wish I didn't make any plans in the beginning." Saying that she shook her head.

"You are feeling guilty." I pointed out to which she smiled.

"Not about plans for Nakul but for James. You understand me, right? I can't go running near Nakul right now saying 'My darling brother-in-law and I am your darling sister-in-law' just because you love him." Her words made me laugh imagining the scenario and she joined me.

"James is a good man." I mumbled to which she snorted.

"Of course he is but also some other descriptions add to that good. Like irritating, stupid, and some more." She said, shrugging and I laughed again.

"How much time will they discuss? It feels like they both are our friends who are lovers in turn and we are giving them space to spend some magical moments." I mumbled feeling irritated.

"Maha!" she said, shaking her head.

"I know, it is frustrating to be kept out of the loop. Dad and I shouldn't have kept you and Mom like that, but we both know you two would have never accepted this. We thought you both will support us though after it had begun." She added staring at me.

"I wouldn't have. Dad would have never liked that. He used to say if you got hurt by something just think whether that something also got hurt before doing anything." I mumbled and she just stared at me.

"What did Nakul got hurt with?" she asked in a whisper.

"He lost his mother and was sent far away from his family within in turn made him alone." I replied and her eyes widened.

"You know this from the beginning?" she asked, to which I nodded and again shook my head.

"Actually, you remember Grandpa saying I met Kamal uncle and we talked. He talked about his family mostly and mainly about his son. I listened normally, but until he died and heard Father talking about him I didn't know who he was. And until I got to know who Nakul by listening to your plans, I didn't connect everything, remembering all that Kamal uncle said." I explained and she closed her eyes.

"And that's in the past, right? Now, everything is being settled except to find the person who is trying to harm Nakul." I said, frowning and her eyes opened to stare at me.

"But someone is digging at the place where it is not needed." Her comment made me forget about the person who is trying to harm Nakul and stare at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"Leave it!" her reply made me smile.

"Keeping me out of the loop again?" I asked, to which she held my hand with a grip.

"You are already worried and I don't want to add something else to it. Let's just say I will try to settle it and will let you know when I think you can handle it." She replied and stood up hearing the door.

"Over?" she asked, looking at James and he nodded, not even glancing at her making me frown.

I took a step ahead, but Di shook her head at me whispered, "Karma is a bitch and I am getting to know more closely about it."

They both left and I entered the room to see tired face of Nakul but he is looking better than the past two weeks. He smiled, glancing at me and I returned it before sitting beside him.

"Was the magical moments over?" I asked making him frown.

"I don't understand!" he replied, to which I shook my head, but he continued to frown and held my hand.

"I just don't want you to be worried." He mumbled and I sighed.

"It's okay! I will have my secrets and you have yours." I shrugged and he immediately pulled the hand he was holding making me fall on him and I froze.

"Did I... did I fell on your wounded ribs and the stitches?" I asked even stopping myself to breath.

"No! This is a safe zone." He replied in a teasing tone, but I closed my eyes.

"I will get grey hairs soon." I mumbled, opening my eyes and saw him smiling at him.

"I can't wait to go home." He gave a wishful tone to his words making me caress his cheek.

"I didn't know you loved the bed that much." I whispered and he stopped kissing my palm, which started from the moment I placed it near his mouth.

"The bed with you?" he asked and I bit my lip from smiling.

"No! The bed where you take rest for a few weeks." I replied and he immediately shook his head.

"No way! Just the weekend rest and then will start moving around." He said, but ignored them like I didn't heard to which he bit my palm this time making me move it away but he brought it back to his face.

"If you ever ignore me, you don't know what I will do." He warned to which I laughed.

"And if you ignore me, I will let you." I said and saw his eyes rolling.

"Because you know I can never ignore you. I couldn't when I was angry at you and now definitely not when you love me back." He said and I smiled, leaning down to just peck his forehead, but he held my face and adjusted it to land my lips on his.

"See? I can do anything even while constrained to this bed." He whispered over my lips before kissing me.

For a second I forgot about everything and let him lead it, but then remember how it must be paining near his ribs with me sprawled over him like this and immediately moved back.

"Take some rest." I ordered to which he shook his head, but closed his eyes still holding my hand in his making me stay beside him.

I stared at his face and remembered the uncle's words. He told me how his son hated to be in boarding school while he was with the family all the time.

He told me how hurt his son was when he was rejected to handle business in India and was made to start a new one in New York from the start.

What and all thoughts must be passing through his head? I thought caressing his face and closed my eyes, feeling the tears welling up in the eyes.

"I will always be there beside you." I whispered and saw his lips twitching when I opened my eyes.

"I will not let you go." He whispered, not opening his eyes.

"Promise?" I asked and to reply he pressed a kiss to my palm before drifting off into sleep.

"Grandpa?" I whispered frowning, but stood up from Nakul''s chair when he walked into his cabin.

He glanced at Nakul's name on the table before glancing to his right to stare at my cabin and then again stared at the table between us.

"Nakul asked me to look after a few details and I thought it would be easy to deal with it if I be here for today." I explained not knowing why am I even doing that.

"I didn't say anything." Saying that he sat down in the guest chair before gesturing me to take my place.

"Truth to be told I was happy it was you and not Swathi like I already said, because I heard Kamal and trusted him." He said and I nodded.

"But if it was in my hands, I would have wished Nakul to be far away from both of you and your family." He added and I stiffened but felt confused seeing his normal expression.

"Some things just happen." I whispered and he nodded like he accepts it.

"I left everything but then the worry started when I heard you are Nakul' PA. Even then I let it go all these weeks thinking it is fine. But then yesterday Nakul was proudly saying how you closed a deal making me realize you are more than just a PA now." He said and I frowned more hearing each word of his.

"What are you saying?" I asked, to which he smiled, but then a serious expression covered his features.

"I want to know is there any hidden agenda behind this marriage, the PA work and now this." He replied and I don't know whether to laugh or cry hearing his question.

"Yes! There was a hidden agenda." I said, nodding and saw his features froze.

"I think this is the hidden agenda of the fate of four of us to end up like this." I added to which he frowned but sighed.

"Mr. Bhuvan Singh! If I had any plan of doing harm to Nakul, I would have done way before, but I never wished for it and never will." I mumbled and he frowned when I used his name but I don't feel like call him with anything else.

"You do realize I have a right to doubt everything when he doesn't know each and everything." He pointed out.

"I do realize he should have been kept near then far away." I pointed out.

"It was for his own good." He said with a hard expression.

"Then let us lead our lives because it is for our own good. All we need is you to say who is doing all the harm for Nakul and save time for James to search everything." I advised but he sighed.

"If I knew, that person would have been behind the bars. All I know is that a person enjoyed my Son's fear while sending the news how he planed each accident and how there would be some other result next time. I didn't receive any such after Nakul reached India, but then I did get one." He explained and I frowned at him.

"Why wait all these months?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I will be leaving after Nakul gets discharged. I just wanted to be sure I am not letting my emotions and instincts run over the head. So, I decided to meet you." He replied and stood up.

"It all doesn't matter to you, right? Whatever happened in the past?" he asked, frowning at me.

"It used to until I saw the other side of it even though a little like my Dad used to say." I replied and he nodded while I stood up.

"I am still your Grandpa and just think this little incident as a worry from a Grandpa." Saying that he left the cabin while I sat back holding my head.

Oh god! Please find that person and clear all of this. It is high time everyone lead a happy life with not many unexpected events anymore.

*James Pov*

"Here!" she said covering my hand with the plastic cover like for the past one month and then arranged my towel on the hanger.

"Yeah! Just make sure everything is there in those boxes and I will be there this evening if possible." She also continued to talk on her phone while I stared at her.

"You will get a raise for sure." She said smiling and then hung up closing her eyes while rubbing her forehead.

"You can just go to work and forget all this." I said making her eyes open to stare at me with an accusing look.

"Aren't you tired of saying I am doing a lousy job?" she asked frowning and I frowned back.

"When did I say that?" I asked, to which she snorted and turned the tap.

"Like everyday when you say go to work and I can do all this. As is what I am doing is nothing but nonsense." She replied, shaking her head and turned off the tap checking the temperature.

"But I can do this on my own." I said, gesturing my good hand.

"You didn't in the first two weeks." She pointed out before standing straight to look at me.

Because I wanted to make this impossible, so that you can leave me alone. However, I must have not remembered whom I am planning against.

"Anyway, just one and half weeks. Then, you are free from me." Saying that she left the washroom leaving me there to have my bath.

Why? Why are you doing all this, Swathi? You wanted out of this marriage more than anyone in the four and now when I am not pressuring you with anything, you want to do all this.

Should I take in all this as a change of heart or should I be wary? I thought closing my eyes and stepped out after tying the towel around my hips.

"They are discharging Nakul today only it seems and not day after tomorrow." She said while placing my clothes on the bed.

"Why the change of date?" I asked her frowning.

"Apparently he is doing fine or must be amazing at making deals. He got a few instructions and doctor accepted for his discharge." She replied and started walking away.

"We both are going there." I said to which she shook her head.

"No! They are already leaving and if we leave now we will be meeting them on the middle of the way." She explained.

"And they didn't inform me about this? These men are making me think about removing them each passing day." I said gritting my teeth.

"They only called you immediately after knowing and I lifted it because you were in the shower. And then I called Maha to confirm it." Saying that she walked off.

"Why did you lift my call?" I asked the moment she stepped back after I changed.

"Why? What is the problem?" she asked back.

"Are you snooping?" I asked and she stiffened.

"James! Is there anything I do and you think it in a positive way?" she asked frowning.

"I did in the beginning for everything but you didn't leave me any choice to do it again. And before you go saying it was one time, then don't let me start about you hiding information which would help me to find Nakul's enemy which shows you still want your revenge." I replied and walked away when she just stared at me in silence.

They all reached within a few moments and Mr. Bhuvan walked out of the house, making me realize he too must have got the message.

"You can stay in the first floor itself." He commented when Nakul walked into the house with Maha's and my support.

"No! I don't want to be there." He said looking at his Grandfather.

"But Nakul..." Maha started, but stopped when Nakul shook his head.

"Maybe second floor is correct by which he will not move from the room." She said and we three continued to climb the steps with Nakul gritting his teeth in between.

"Hey!" Swathi said entering the room after Nakul settled and moved near Maha.

"The cook will continue his work and you need not worry about anything else. I even hired the maid for alternative days and not just like before." She said looking at Maha.

"Thank you, Di!" Maha said, smiling at her, but got a wave in return.

"I will be leaving then." Suddenly Mr. Bhuvan said making everyone glance at me.

"What? Seems like everything is in control and I need to be somewhere else." He said, nodding at each of us before leaving the room but I followed him.

"I am not finding anything about this driver. Is there anything else that I can know?" I asked, climbing down the stairs along with him.

"Just... just make sure he is safe." He replied and I frowned at him.

"I know! The deal was to be his security yourself until you find the evil here and then you had to get back to your work. But... I feel there is more of everything. I am going to find that one only." He added and walked off while I sighed.

"James! Nakul is calling you." I heard a voice and turned to see Swathi and Maha climbing down the stairs.

I nodded, climbing back the stairs and reached his room to see him sitting up a little with pillow support and smiled at me.

"So, found out?" he asked, but I shook my head.

"It's like everything about the accident happened is just an imagination and nothing else." I replied making him frown.

"How could Mr. Sathish had this much power within short time to cover everything?" I asked myself but his frown increased.

"Or is it someone else doing." he whispered and I frowned at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he gestured me to sit.

"Why does Sweety and her father think me as a culprit with such surety that they planned so much? Why did my Dad send me away? Why don't I remember any of this? I feel there is too much than what is being told to us." He explained.

"Maybe they wanted someone alive to be blamed and chose you as your Mom died." I pointed out but he shook his head.

"And for remaining we got answers like to save you from blame your Dad sent you away and you were having some problems getting around all this because of which you were in treatment." I added.

"If they were doing blame game, then why didn't they leave it like my Grandpa did regarding my Dad's death? We need to go depth in this and from the beginning. First, I need to talk to Mr. Sathish Guptha." He suddenly dropped the bomb.

"What for? I still didn't strike him off as a culprit in all this." I said standing up.

"Because he has the answers and I know there is rift between Sweety and you making you miserable. So, it is better to solve from that side." He explained.

"I am not miserable." I said snorting.

"Yeah! And I don't love my wife." He said making me smile.

"When Swathi can cook something delicious that can happen." I said and immediately closed my eyes.

"Now, do you understand what I am saying?" he asked and I nodded.

"Fine! We will do it from that side, but after I got rid of this. Before that I will try again to find on my own terms." I replied.

"Sure! I am not going anywhere now so I too need time to be able to come with you." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"It relates to me and I am not sitting back no matter what you or anyone else say." He added with determinate tone and I know I can't say anything about it.

"Then, get well soon within this one and half weeks." I said and he nodded while I walked away from the room before reaching the living room to see both the sisters talking sitting on the couch.

"Had a lover's spat?" Swathi asked, looking at my hard expression, making Maha laugh while I rolled my eyes.

"I am going to my office building." Saying that I walked off and she stayed back staring at me.

"Any information?" I asked and got the same response like yesterday making me frown, thinking how could her Dad hide all this with that power.

I sighed and looked over the reports from the other members of the company about their work along with the response from the clients.

"How is boss feeling?" I heard a person and looked up to see the new team member.

"Get everyone to assemble." I replied and he nodded before doing as I said.

"To the new members, I know I am a bodyguard to Mr. Singh and doing everything you people do. But I am your boss and I need to know everything. Some of you must already know this and the new member's think about this. I didn't inquire about you slipped the information about Mrs. Singh's and mine travelling information, but that doesn't mean I forgot about it. So, make sure you remember this main thing that after the work here, you will be leaving this work for another I will give you." I said and met with silence, but then saw a hand raised and when I saw the person who did it I stiffened.

"But, when they become the security for someone, then they have to give their complete loyalty to them, right? So, what wrong did they do this time? They gave the information about their client's wife and it is a right thing to do." I fisted my hand and wished right that moment there is no cast to do two things.

One is to fist that too, and then to press the both hands to this particular person's neck, whose words made my anger reach at another level.

"Get back to your works." Saying that I moved near that person and dragged out ignoring the protests.

"What are you playing at?" I shouted the moment locking the door.

"What we are doing for the past few weeks. You are ignoring me and I am making sure that you don't." she replied, shrugging while I closed my eyes to control the anger.

"You made me a laughing stock there. My work goes with the respect they give me." I said, trying my best to control this shaking of my whole body.

"They will not disrespect you. I just didn't want you being arrogant before them because your speech was like that saying I am the boss and all. They know you are and maybe some don't which you can cover up by normally saying it." She pointed out.

"What were you doing there?" I asked, ignoring her words.

"To see whether you need anything." She replied, shrugging and her replies are making the anger raise more and more.

"I don't know what will I do with you." Saying that I stepped forward still with hard expression and this time she stepped back realizing my anger.

"James! Take it in a lighter note." She whispered when I reached her and she couldn't step away with her cot pressing to her legs.

"You don't want me to avoid you?" I asked and she didn't say anything except to stare at me.

"Okay!" saying that I pulled her to me with my good hand and kissed her pouring all the anger and frustration into it thinking she will push off, but she returned it with the same frustration and her hands holding my hair and pulling it turned painful just like my hold tightened over her waist.

When everything drained off, I made it gentle which she all followed before pushing me on the cot to sit and leaned over.

"Now, that is the nice way to remove the anger." She whispered and moved back while I struggled for my breath still sitting down.

I stared at her to see the same effect and she suddenly smiled shaking her head. I frowned, but she sat beside me saying, "I thought it was fun to interrupt you and it turned out to be true."

"You have become mad staying here completely." I commented to which she shrugged.

"Will you come to the show on Saturday?" she asked, but I shrugged to which she narrowed her eyes but didn't say anything.

The next few days passed and she became too busy either on the phone or doing something else and finally left the house on Saturday morning itself after seeing everything for me.

"James! I am coming with you for the show." Maha said when I walked into Nakul's room after he called me.

"I am not going." I said looking away.

"Right!" she whispered, shaking her head.

"It's okay! We both will go." Nakul said, smiling at her, but she shook her head.

"No! I will go alone." She said and he frowned before staring at me.

"Take her with you." He said and I glared at him.

"I am not going anywhere." I said again, but they both ignored me.

"Yeah! I heard someone saying that James gave orders to tighten the security in the evening because he will not be here." Maha said nodding and I sighed.

"Fine! You caught me and I think I need to fire some people." I said shaking my head.

"When did they become such gossipers?" I asked myself to which she laughed along with Nakul.

"Take care of her." Nakul ordered finishing his snacks in the evening and Maha entered the room wearing a Saree making his attention turn towards her completely.

"I will go and ask someone to get the car ready." Saying that I left the room and did as explained to them.

"So, still angry at my sister?" Maha asked when we started the journey.

"Yes!" I replied, looking out of the car.

"Still not understanding her?" she asked and I repeated my reply.

"Still in love with her?" when she asked I again repeated it, but then glanced at her immediately to see her grin.

"Stop it! Otherwise, we will be going back." I reminded her and she smirked opening her door making me realize we already reached.

We took out places and waited for the show to start and saw too many people here. I looked around but didn't find her at all.

"Wow!" Maha whispered when the show started and I stared at all the designs and the models in silence.

"She was amazing, right? You must be proud." Maha said with her face glowing and I smiled at her not able to explain what I am actually feeling inside.

We turned back to the ramp to see Swathi walking with the show stopper and smiling at everyone, but actually not staring at anyone's face and her smile is completely fake.

I glanced at Maha to see her frowning seeing the same. We both stood up along with everyone when they walked back.

"What happened to her?" Maha whispered and I shrugged, waiting to ask the same but directly.

After a few minutes she returned and started talking to whoever stopped to congratulate her. She was laughing with some people and then a guy kissed her cheek, but she just smiled at him.

"James!" Maha said in a warning tone making me realize I am showing my anger.

"I knew you were lost case with her." She said and I can hear teasing but ignored it.

"Di!" she shouted, making Swathi suddenly turn around and stare directly at both of us with wide eyes.

She rushed near to us ignoring everyone now with a big smile looking at both of us. She hugged Maha first tightly and then moved to do the same with me but stepped back.

"I didn't know you were coming." She said looking at Maha.

"Why would I miss this?" Maha asked back.

"With Nakul being ill and you only have these two days rest...." She trailed off before hugging her again.

"Dad and Mom met me before the show started and had to leave to attend someone's wedding." She added and Maha nodded.

"I will go then. Nakul is alone." Maha said, looking at the time.

"I will also come with you." She said, gesturing to a woman to whom she gave instructions before talking to two people.

"We will go?" she asked and we three left.

We three sat in the back seat with passenger seat occupied and made sure we surround ourselves with silence, but Maha broke it talking about the show.

"Thanks for coming, Maha." She repeated when we reached the house.

"Di! It was a normal thing to do." Maha said, holding her hand and walked off.

"Here is the dinner, Madam." We heard a voice and saw my man holding the tray.

"Thank you!" saying that she took it and walked into the house while I followed her.

She placed it on the table before pouring a glass of water and drank it. She turned back to stare at me while I just stood in the living room.

"I didn't think you will come." She whispered staring at me.

"Was it to bring Maha?" she added, frowning while moving near the cot.

"No!" I replied and she sighed in relief before tugging her ear rings.

"Thanks!" she said while I just stared at her.

"You... you were amazing, Swathi." I finally said and she froze before turning to stare at me.

"Really?" she asked, frowning and I moved my hand to hold hers before tugging her to me.

"Yes!" I replied and kissed her gently before hugging her.

"I want this marriage, James." She whispered and I stiffened.

"I am not lying." She added moving a little.

"Then tell me what you are hiding." I said after a few minutes.

"I can't!" hearing her reply I moved away, but she held my hand.

"Stop digging around in this matter.Trust me!" she whispered.

"That you still want to hurt Nakul?" I asked and she shook her head.

"That I don't want both Maha and Nakul to get hurt with all this." Her words made me frown.

"Is it a new plan?" I asked and she sighed.

"No!" she replied and moved to walk away, but I pulled her back to me.

"You want me to trust you? Then give me a chance to do that." I said, holding her hand tightly.

"I can't do that and you will wish you never started this." She warned.

"Really? I regret so much already so what's new." I said and she flinched tugging her hand.

"This is my special day, James. At least don't hurt me today." She said in a blank tone.

"Then what about the hurt you are causing me already lying and acting and now hiding information?" I shouted, but showed the pain I was hiding all these days.

"I am not hiding it because it will be used to hurt him, but because it will hurt him if known which will hurt my sister in return." She replied and I shook my head.

"Why?" I shouted and she closed her eyes.

"Because the person who was driving the car and who died along with my Mom was Maha's Dad." Her words caused everything still and I left her hand before stepping back staring at her with wide eyes.

--------------------------

for the gap, that is the longest i have ever written and i dont know when the next update will be... there could be some mistakes also because i kind of rushed to type... and eveything will be revealed soon not that late but not too soon also... and i know there are doubts and confusions which i hope will be cleared by me slowly and if not just ask me when i say it is going to end because i can't remember everything with so much work going in my head... dont mind...

How is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142 21 19
It's lust at first sight for him, He's been through a lot in the past, He is not searching for serious commitment, But all his reasons drown when he...
49 2 16
Well, we all have heard about million stories about a girl and boy and romance. This is the same. I don't guarantee something new but what I guarante...
9.5K 830 32
"You said they were saying no one will marry you, right? How about you show them you have a husband now.There is someone to accept you for your life...
565 1 176
I have a secret that I don't share with most. I've been swept up into something bigger than anything I could ever imagine, and now I'm involved with...