Where the Heart Lies

By YolieB

Overworked, underappreciated and seriously lacking in the love/sex department. That was Rachelle's life until... More

Prologue
If you say LOVE one more time....
Its not Blackmail :)
Mr. Magnificent
You didn't woo anyone, who didn't want to be wooed....
You've got quite a grip there...
'Sweet Kiss'
"....Bitch..You ain't got the balls."
Ross and Rachelle together again!
"Why don't you show me Princess."
"You're the Boss."
Surprise!
The Bet
"Damn skippy...you're parked in my spot!"
The Dance of Lovers
Can you say..." What an A**hole"
The plot thickens.....
The Decision is made....
Author's note
Mr. Moore
Let's be Friends
Things were going so well...
Screwed!
Call me pathetic...
Move to New York??
"Someone's in a hurry..."
Strawberries and Champagne Pt.1
Strawberries and Champagne Pt. 2
Looks can be deceiving
"How convenient..."
Author Note: NO LONGER ON HOLD
Do your job!
Check it out
White Picket Fences

Love Hurts...

86 2 0
By YolieB

A/N

I hope this chapter doesnt get too confusing. Just to help the POV that is of Eric is Sunday after he leaves Rachelle at the Carnival..

Rachelle's POV is a continuation and its Monday, the day after  their date. 

I hope you like :) Dont forget to VOTE and Comment :) 

Yolie X 

                                         -----------------------Eric’s point of view-------------------------

She feels the same way, I was sure of it. We can both pretend that we’re only keeping  contact solely for information purposes but we were both well aware of the truth. 

Back at the house, I sat behind my desk-trying to figure out my next move. The shipment was safe, buyers were secure-everything seemed to working out well-in a few weeks all this shit will be done and I can focus on picking up the pieces of my life and maybe just maybe Rachelle and I can have a solid chance. My phone started to vibrate, I’ve been avoiding their calls all morning-I didn’t want to have to deal with that part of my life right now-but it seems that it just wasn’t going to leave me alone.

“Yes.” I answered the call

“Where the hell have you been? This shit is serious and I don’t take kind to being ignored.” 

“I was busy.”

“Yes, I can see that.”

“What?”

“Your meeting how did it go?”

“I told you in my message already that all is settled the buyers are secure-the date hasn’t been finalized yet but I expect to hear something in a few weeks.”

“Yes, I know. But I was referring to your meeting with a certain Rachelle Berg.” All the colour left my face in the moment I heard him utter her name. 

“That has nothing to do with this. Leave her out of this-Sharpe.” 

“Well, it’s a bit too late for that.”

“She doesn’t know anything.” I tried not to sound too panicked.

“She seems to be around a lot.”

“Listen to me, if you’re threatened her…”

“No you listen--I don’t want you fucking up this operation because you were too busy thinking with your dick. You’re not in a position to have your attention divided.”

“I’m quite aware of my position.”

“Good. Then I don’t have to tell you how much of a problem she will be if she is still in the picture.”

“I promise, Rachelle will not affect my performance in this. She doesn’t mean anything.” As I said the words I felt my heart clench-I knew that I had fallen for this woman-and it hurt like hell to even think much say out loud otherwise. 

“Good then- I trust you will get rid of her, because if you don’t I will.” 

“No! I will take of it. She wont be a problem anymore.”

“Great! I’ll see you in a couple weeks. You know how I look forward to our meetings.”

“Yes. I will let you know when I have time-Don’t call me again-I will call you.” I was getting ready to hang up when he started.

“Calloway. Just remember that I’m watching.” I disconnected the call without a response. I stood and walked over to my window, trying to calm myself. It wasn’t working- I lifted my hands and punched through one of the window panels. It shattered-I looked to my hand, minimal damage was done to it-but the pain felt good.

“I hope that was worth it.” 

“It helped.” I said turning to face my long time friend DC. “Be thankful you came in after that-otherwise I might have punched you.”

“Why the hostility, man.”

“Everything is going to shit. I didn’t ask for this-It wasn’t suppose to happen like this.”

“I understand-but I told you if you weren’t careful-they would find out.” 

“I know…I know.” I sighed and sank down into my chair. 

“What did he say?”

“What do you think? He told me to get rid of her or he will. The fucking bastard threatened her-I could kill him.” the anger was coming back.

“I understand what your going through-but you gotta see that it’s better this way, she wont get hurt.”

“What I understand is that after all this time-I just cant catch a break,” I started to shake my head and laugh, “I just need this shit to end.” 

“And it will-just stay focused on that-keep the girl away and she’ll be safe-and who knows maybe after all this-you can try again.”

“That’s the problem-I’m not sure she will want me after this-I’m going to have so much to explain.” 

“Cross that bridge when you get to it. Now lets talk about my female problems.” 

                Rachelle POV

I got to the house where I first met Eric and was told he was in the main house. I was quite surprised the last house was a shack compared to this one-Victorian style-all white with two pillar-like column framing the stairway to the patio. I could also see the well-manicured lawn beneath the filth. It was easy to find-just look for the muscles hanging around. I got up to the door and knocked-who else was there to open none other than Max. 

“What the hell do you want, bitch?”

“I’m here to see Eric-asshole now move out of my way.” 

“Eric don’t wanna see you-so get back in you car and take your ass home.” I pushed passed him but I bumped into another muscle. “I said take your ass home!” Max grabbed my arm and started to twist-I was getting ready to punch when someone else got to his face before me. I turned around and found Eric standing beside me-he actually punched his right-hand man for me-I couldn’t help but smile at him. 

“Go cool off Max!” he shouted “And you follow me.”

Harsh much, I mean I didn’t make him punch him-I would have managed just fine. I got into his office-very old fashioned setting-everything made with authentic wood, a large bookcase that reached to the ceiling. As I walked over to the desk to put down a wooden box I noticed that his window was broken and then turned to face him to ask what happened. 

“What do you want?” he snapped.

“Ok-well first check the attitude, I didn’t ask for you to hit him-I could have handled it myself.” 

“I don’t have time for this, Rachelle.”

“Ok then I’ll make it short-I know that we have some issues to work through but I think that maybe we can work out a deal with Ryan and everything will be fine.”

“No! Everything will not be fine-last night I lost two of my best men-all due to that boyfriend of yours Ross and not to mention a deal that took two months to plan-now we have to start from scratch.”

“Ok first of all-Ross is not my boyfriend. Second of all you can’t honestly blame me for all this?”

“Everything was going fine until you stepped through my door that night.”

“Ok you need to remember that I left your office that night with no intention to see you again-you’re the one that kidnapped me…and got me drunk and…well that’s it but you caused this.”

“I know-it was the worse thing I could have done-I’m sorry I ever did it.”

“Wow. Look I’m sorry about your men-but that was not my fault. And as for Ross you leave him alone if he said he didn’t do anything then he didn’t do it.”

He slammed his hand down on the table. I wanted to think that he was just upset over his lost but he was really pissing me off. “What happened? Yesterday you were so…not this person-what went wrong Eric?” 

“Everything Rachelle.”

“Well then let me help you fix…”

“Why are you here?!” he shouted at me. 

“Why am I here?” I looked to the box I placed on his desk then looked up to meet his gaze. “Why am I here?” A question directed to myself,  “This was a huge mistake-I’m sorry I ever came.”

“Good then-leave and don’t come back.” as he said the words I felt everything fall to pieces. He hurt me-I mean so deeply it was in that I moment I had to accept that I loved this asshole sitting across from me. I looked away trying to hide the tears that were burning my eyes-after the way he just treated me I was not gonna give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he hurt me. 

I walked over to the desk and grabbed the box and turned to leave. As I held the door handle- I stopped and said without turning “Thank you for being such an asshole and making my decision a hell of lot easier. I hope I never have to even look at you again.”

I slammed the door behind me and stepped past all the muscles including Max.

“Told you bitch-he don’t want you.” Max snickered behind me.

“See-that was just stupid.” I said as I turn around facing him. 

Using all my strenght and anger I kicked right into his chest bringing him down to his knees-and while he was grasping for breath I took his gun from his waist and pointed it in his direction, after which I  then pulled the trigger.  

Eric came running into the room with his gun in hand. He found me with the gun still pointing where Max kneeled-and a bullet hole through the wall. Max started to curse as soon as he realized he was still alive. I prepared to fire again. 

“Rachelle.” Eric whispered.

I turn to look at him and I couldn’t hold back the tears that rolled down my cheeks-I dropped my hands to my side and began to shake my head. I took my other hand holding the box and use the back of my hand  to wipe my tears away, then released the gun and turned to leave-without looking behind me. I still had the box in my had when I reached the car, I saw a dumpster across the street and I couldn’t have found a more perfect place for it-I crossed the street and threw it in. I saw him in the window watching me-but I didn’t stop; I got in my car and drove…..Drove and got as far away as possible from Eric the man I hated but loved even more.

A/N 

So they've parted ways :( But dont worry the story isnt finished yet :)

And now- if you haven't realized that Eric is Calloway-from the Prologue. Were you surprised??

Do you think i made Eric too harsh? What do you think was in the box?? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DREAM By anonymouslyrare

General Fiction

11.1K 375 12
He blooms in the darkness. The darkness scorches me. This isn't a typical love story. Its scarred. Tainted and deadly. Lies, deceit and heartbreak...
216K 7.3K 41
I fell in love with this man The man I have thought would love me through and through. The thought of him seeing me as woman had possessed me to d...
82.7K 5.8K 49
☑️Completed☑️ ✨Book 1/3✨ "'I'm not scared of you.' I relaxed my fearful face and looked at him sternly. I felt his warm breath against my ear. 'You...
15.8K 983 57
Talor East Amherst hates secrets and lies. And yet there is never an escape from it. Her family is lying and hiding things, her town is full of dange...