To The Beat Of For Keeps

By kaonawriteshit

Oneshots. Songs. RaStro. JaThea. Lesbian Story. More

Author's
Introducing Me
Two Of A Crime (1)
I Know (1)
I Know (2)
Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Enchanted (Prologue)
Girls (1)

No Me Ames (Don't Love Me)

320 19 0
By kaonawriteshit

No Me Ames
by Marc Anthony ft. Jennifer Lopez

a/n: another one from Marie's, so enjoy! 😊

Jade's

I wiped my tears as I yell from upstairs. "I'm coming!"

Inhale. Exhale. You can do this, Jade.

I went downstairs to see David who is impatiently waiting for me. "What took you so long?"

"I-um I had to get ready." I looked down waiting for him to notice my dress and how good I look in it.

But instead, he just sighed and shook his head. "Jesus Christ, we're just going to a small get together and you're wearing something like that? Oh yeah right, Althea is going to be there." He faked a laugh.

"No, David it's just that--"

"Answer me back and you will come there with a big bruise on your face, you get that?" He pulled my arm harshly.

I could feel my tears streaming down my face. "Y-yes."

"Wipe your tears, they might think I did something to you again." He let me go and went straight to the car.

I straighten my dress and followed him to the car.

Oh shit. I stopped and hurried to the kitchen. I almost forgot Althea's bagels. I put it in a paper bag and headed directly to the car.

"Really? Bagels?" He smirked.

I just looked down and waited for him to start the engine.

"We don't need to bring food there, Jade."

"I-It's for Althea. She likes bagels."

He looked at me like he just wants to stab a knife on my back. He stole the paper bag from me.

"Guess what? I like bagels too." I wanted to fight back but I know this would just lead to another serious case. So I just let him eat all of it.

We got to our destination, Sally and Althea's house. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

...

"Jade! Oh girl, we have so much to talk about. David, you join Batchi and Althea in the backyard. They're starting grilling the chicken already." Sally welcomed us. I just tried to smile so she wouldn't think something is going wrong... but, everything is going wrong.

"Oh okay." David went straight to the backyard to meet Batchi and probably, Althea.

Batchi is Sally's wife. Yes, you heard me, wife. Batchi is a butch and Sally is a femme. They had their wedding in the US and is now starting to build a family of their own. And Althea? Well, you'll probably know later.

"So, how have you been? What's been going on lately?" Sally asked as we sit on the couch.

I checked if David is still inside. He's nowhere to be seen. I burst into tears. "Sal, I don't know what to do anymore. All we do is fight, he yells at me all of the time..."

I can see pity in her eyes. She hugged me tight and rubbed my back. "Shhh, Jade. I knew it, he's still stressing you out? You know what? Just break up with him already, he's such an asshole."

I pulled away. "I can't just do that, Sally. He might--"

"Oh hell no. Don't tell me he hits you too?!" Sally raised her voice and I got scared because David might hear her.

I took off the sleeve of my dress and showed her my bruises. I think that would explain everything. She covered her mouth with her hand. She started crying. "Oh my... Jade." She hugged me once again.

"Sal, you have to help me, even just for tonight. I don't wanna' go home. I want to talk to Althea, I miss her so much. Please find a way... please." I begged.

"I will, don't worry." Sally smiled.

Althea suddenly walked in and I know she saw me crying. I immediately wiped my tears. She was about to talk to me when Kathleen called her attention. Kathleen...

"Babe! The barbecue's ready." Kathleen smiled as she approached Althea. She walked closer and kissed her softly. No. I don't see any spark in there.

Kathleen's eyes landed on me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking about but I have a feeling she's nervous. She just looked down.

Kathleen has been our friend since college. Sally is Althea's sister, Sally is only one year older. All together with Batchi, we've been friends for like 10 years now.

It's been two months now but I can still feel the pain. It's still here and it has no plans on leaving.

...

We all headed to the door as soon as we finished dinner because it was already getting late. David then spoke, "Well, see you guys again. Just tell me when--"

"Um Dave? Can Jade stay over here tonight? We have a lot of things to talk about." Sally interrupted.

I tried not to look at David for I know he's already mad, but he can never say no to our friends. "Oh sure, why not?"

He walked closer to me and pulled me for a hug. "Don't do something you'll regret." He whispered.

"Well I gotta go." He finally left.

Kathleen cleared her throat and hugged Althea. "Babe, I think I should go too. See you tomorrow morning."

I immediately went to the dining table to help Sally with the plates. I just really didn't want to see them kissing. But still, I heard the smacking of their lips.

"I love you babe."

"I love you more, Althea. See you tomorrow."

I closed my eyes and tried not to think about it.

As soon as the door closed, Althea turned to Sally. "Um, I- uh, I'm gonna' go to bed. Good night."

She went upstairs. Sally looked at me. "Go follow her." She smiled.

"Thank you." I said with my shaky voice. I put all the plates on the sink before I went upstairs.

I took a deep breath before I knocked on her door. "Althea?"

No one answered. I know she's in there, still awake. I'm not going to deal with her stubbornness tonight. I opened the door without permission. And there she was, standing in front of me.

I ran to her and hugged her tight like I never want to let go. "Althea..." I whispered.

She lets go from the hug, and those ebony, black eyes that will always be my favorite pierced to my chocolate ones. "Jade, leave my room. Now."

"Althea, please! I miss you so much, I miss us." I looked into her eyes once more, but they are now looking straight to the floor. "Look at me again, please. I know you still love me, I know it. I can feel it." I'm already crying my eyes out.

And knowing her, she couldn't stand it seeing me cry. A simple sob will catch her. She finally looked at me but there's this wall between us still. "Jade, I have Kathleen. I don't need you." She tried to close the door but I quickly stopped her.

"Bullshit! You never liked her, it is so fucking obvious! You need me Althea... you love me, you miss me." I held both her hands and kissed it with my tears falling down on it. "Althea, please stop hurting me. Just let me stay here with you, let me love you Lablab, please."

Without even looking at me, she replied... "I'm sorry but I'm at my best right now with Kathleen. She makes me happy, it's always been her since the very beginning."

Her words hurt like hell and it's making me weak. I knelt down in front of her and gave her legs punches that I can still give. "Take that back, Althea! Take that back! Tell me I'm the one you love!" I know I look so desperate right now, but what I feel inside is true... Althea still loves me as much as I still do.

She stopped me and grabbed my arms. "C'mon, Jade! Get over it! It's been two months for fuck's sake!" She yelled at me and now I could see anger in her eyes.

Honestly, I was surprised. Those calm, lovingly, black eyes were now in a shade darker. Another tear escaped my eye. "What happened to you Althea? What happened to us?"

Flashback

Jade's

Althea has been acting so cold lately, I don't know what to do anymore. Did I do something wrong? I just want to know what's happening.

"Lab, just tell me what's going on, please?" I begged as I wipe the towel on her face. She's sick as hell and she wants me to leave her all alone.

"Sally can take care of me. You should leave." She said without even looking at me.

"I'm your girlfriend, and you're sick. You need me, stop being so stubborn." I told her as I'm getting really irritated with the attitude she's been giving me these past few days.

I lay down beside her. I hugged her tight and after minutes, she finally hugged back. "Mmm, I miss your arms wrapped around me, Althea." I almost cried.

"I'll take you to the mall tomorrow, okay?" She started to play with my hair.

I got really excited because it's been a long time since we last went out for a date. "I'll count that as a date. You're not taking me to dates anymore." I pouted like a lost puppy.

She giggled and just kissed me, but then smiled weakly. "Look Lablab, I'm sorry. I know that it's our monthsary tomorrow, and I have this Tagaytay trip already in plans for the both us, but freaking fever got in the way. So screw everything." She weakly giggled then looked at me with those eyes that are feeling sorry.

I smiled and caressed her cheek, that is actually feeling hot. Her fever isn't going down still. I shrugged it off and looked at my lover's loving, ebony, black eyes. "Shhh Lab... you don't have to say or even feel sorry. I don't care wherever we are on our monthsary, I don't even care if I have to take care of you until you're well all day... As long as we're together, that's what really matters to me."

She meets my hand on her cheek with hers and kissed it softly, then looked at me slightly smirking. "But there's this new seafood restaurant there, that I was planning to book a reservation for us actually. I know you would really love the crabs there, I heard they're their best seller."

I laughed. "That sounds really tempting, but you know that I will always be more tempted by... you." I then smirked at her.

She giggled with her eyes disappearing, oh my favorite. Getting what I was trying to imply. "I'm not in the mood, Lab."

I laughed even more. "I know you're trying, I'm just teasing you."

"And it's working... but nah-uh!"

We laughed together and Althea suddenly looked at me, that look she always gives me, letting me know how much she loves me.

"Just know that, I heart you so much Jade... so, so much."

"I heart you so much too Althea, more than I could ever imagine."

...

Althea's

I just feel so sorry for her, she shouldn't be here taking all my shits.

I have a rare disease, well that's what I call it. That's all I know. My parents talked to the doctor and I just didn't want to hear it myself, I was afraid. I was afraid Jade would be so hurt when she knows about this.

Jade is my girlfriend for 10 years now, since our college days. On our first years being together, it gave us a hard time for her family, especially her Dad, isn't fully two thumbs up for us. But later on, Jade proved herself to her father. That whoever she is, she will always be his little Jade. That whatever may have happened, she will never let her father down. Jade actually became one of her father's trustees in their company. She's a board manager and she has been proving herself so much at a very young age already. Jade has always been acing with that intelligence of hers, and I'm so proud of her. She's actually on the grabs of being the company's VP.

And as for me, being an event coordinator isn't that bad, especially if your one of the hot pancakes in the industry. Not to brag, but I never got a time out with no client, they keep on coming. I love what I'm doing, and that gave me my boost. And maybe Jade's father saw that, that I am at least the noble woman he would want her daughter to end up with. And I definitely gained up my courage and though shaking, tried my best and bravery to show him how much I love her daughter. And that finally gave us his recognition and support.

I love Jade so much. We've been through hell and everything together. I can't wait to build a life for the both of us. She is my universe, I'd do and give up everything for her.

But with this disease I have, all those dreams are starting to shatter.

I'm just afraid for the day to come that I will no longer see her beautiful smile, her soft giggles and especially... feel her soft lips on mine.

I don't want her to suffer, I don't want her to end up alone. I'm dying and by the time I'm gone, she's not going to get over this. I need to break up with her as early as now.

Every day, I try to push her away but she's hard headed. She wouldn't just let go of me.

I want her to hold my hands before I die, before I finally close my eyes. But I'd rather let her go than see her suffer and cry for me every day. I haven't told her about this, and I have no plans of telling her that I'll be gone... so soon.

I'm just staring at her while she takes selfies. We're in Antonio's, our favorite restaurant here in Tagaytay, waiting for our food to be served. She caught me looking at her and giggled softly. "What?"

"Nothing, I just love staring at your beautiful face." I softly rubbed my knuckles on her cheek.

She just closed her eyes and smiled. She then looked at me. "Lab, you need to get rid of that leather jacket." She laughed.

I laughed and adjusted it. "No way. You gave it."

"I know but that was like 4 years ago?"

"Yeah for our first anniversary. That's why it's very important to me." I pinched her nose.

"Aww Lablab, I heart you. But seriously, I'll just buy you a new one. That one looks so old already."

"You can buy me a new one but I'll still never get rid of this." I told her.

She just laughed. "Okay, you win."

As much as I wanted for her to stay, the time is running. I need to let her go. I need her to move on from me.

Don't love me, Jade. I'm not worthy of your love. I'm sick, our relationship isn't going anywhere.

...

It was that one night that I will never ever forget.

"Althea, if you want me to help you then you're gonna' have to agree with all my plans." Kathleen sounded so irritated.

"Okay." I replied. I looked down at my phone, Jade just sent me a message.

"I'm on my way to our floor, Lablab. Have you eaten already?"

I didn't reply. What I'm about to do is going to hurt her so bad but this is for the better.

"She's coming." I told Kathleen.

Kathleen immediately grabbed both of my cheeks and kissed me hard. As soon as I heard the doorknob, I wanted to pull away but I can't. Instead, I pulled Kathleen into me and kissed her back.

"What the fuck?" It's Jade.

We pulled away from each other and turned to her. "Oh my god, Jade let me explain." Kathleen ran to Jade. How can she be so good at acting? I want to quit this and tell Jade that this is all part of the plan.

"Kathleen? Out of all the people in the world! You?! Hooking up with your bestfriend's girlfriend?" Jade's tears were already visible. "Get out!" Jade yelled at her.

I'm just here standing, I don't know what to do. I completely froze.

I can see guilt in Kathleen's eyes. She's been Jade's bestfriend for a long time now and I could tell she never wanted for this to happen. She was just trying to help.

As soon as she left, Jade hugged me tight. "Are you okay? Lablab, you don't have to explain anything, I know she was trying to seduce you. It's okay." She said wiping her tears.

I can't believe she's not mad at me, not even a single bit.

I don't want to do this but I have to. "Jesus Christ, Jade! Didn't you see it with your own naked eyes? I was making out with your bestfriend. I wanted it, I loved it. I loved every single second of it. I loved the softness of her lips. If you didn't arrive so early I might have just fucked her!"

She took a step back and just stood there frozen. "Wh-what did you just say?" She asked with her shaky voice.

"Look, I just don't know where our relationship is going. I can't even picture you walking down the aisle with a white dress." Yes, I do Jade... You would be the most beautiful bride... but unfortunately, I can't be the other bride as well.

"Althea, don't do this to me. Please! What the hell is going on? You've been having mood swings! Later on you're crazy about me then the next second you just want to push me away! Just tell me what the fuck is going on in here! Because I'm so damn confused."

I tried to give her different excuses but she wouldn't just buy it.

"Stop. There's only one thing that is important to me right now...D-do you still love me? Althea? Because I do, Althea... I love you so much."

"Don't love me." Don't love me Jade, I'm sick. I have a disease, no matter what I'd still be leaving you so it's better off this way. I want you to move on before I finally die.

"You haven't answered my question. Do you still love me?"

"I'm sorry, but no. I don't feel anything anymore. Good bye Jade." And with that, I opened the door and completely walked out.

End of Flashback

...

Althea's

"Jade, stop acting like I'm the only one who has moved on already. You have David, you love him."

She harshly took off her shirt leaving her with only her bra. I couldn't believe what my eyes just saw. I just couldn't even look straight at her body that is covered with bruises. "This?! Althea, this?! You call this love?!" She's crying so hard.

I stood there with my eyes wide open. My heart is beating so fast because of the sudden anger I'm feeling. I want to kill David, I don't care about our friendship.

"Althea, I've been abused physically, sexually and emotionally. My life turned to hell when you left me. I just want to know what the hell did I do wrong? What did I do to deserve something like this?"

And just like that. Seeing her this vulnerable, asking me what happened, what she actually did wrong, when in fact there wasn't. Seeing her, her body, covered in bruises because of that douche of a David. I don't care if Jade knows about my disease already, what I care now is to stop the hurting of the woman the I love.

I hugged her tight regretting all the things I've done. "Oh what have I done, Jade."

"Althea...." She started crying even more with her face buried on my shoulder.

"I love you so much Lablab, I've never stopped loving you." I whispered on her ear, crying. And I then I kissed her with all I love I still wanted to give.

...

I made her sit on the bed. "Jade, I never loved Kathleen. I never wanted to cheat on you. That was all on purpose. That was part of the plan. I had to get you over me. I had to let you go."

Her eyebrows furrowed "Why? But why? Why do you keep on pushing me away?!" And with the tone of her voice, she's done hearing excuses, she wants to know the truth.

And with all the courage I have, I finally gave it to her. "Because I am dying!" I finally said it.

Her face was something you couldn't even paint. "What?... No... N-no... Take that back, Althea. No!"

She then started punching my chest. I just hugged her tight and let her cry.

"I wanted you to move on as early as possible. So it wouldn't hurt so much by the time I die. Plus, our relationship was going nowhere, I'm dying. I trusted David... I thought he'd take care of you. He promised me."

By then she stopped punching me and got weak in my arms. She's still crying herself out. "Althea, why are you doing this to me? I can't lose you. Please!"

"We can't control time, Jade." I'm the one trying to stay strong here but deep inside I don't know what to do either, I'm still scared to die. I'm scared to leave Jade.

I held her cheeks and wiped her tears though they keep on running. I let mine flow through my face. "Listen to me Jade, always remember, I love you... I heart you. I'll be guiding you through anything. I may not be here physically, but I will always be with you... you'll feel it. I heart you my lucky charm, Jade." I kissed her forehead and hugged her tight once again.

"Althea... don't do this to me."

...

2 weeks later

Jade's

I woke up from Sally's five missed calls. I checked the clock and it's only 2 in the morning. My heart skipped a beat. I already know what she's gonna say. I immediately went to their house.

As I opened the door to their house, I saw Sally talking to their family doctor.

The man with a stetoscope around his neck talked to Sally as I stood there, trying myself to get ready for hearing the thing I least want to hear right now. "I'm sorry even if we bring him to the Emergency room now, it would be just a waste of time. I'm sorry Ma'am but your sister is gone."

I felt like a bullet just hit my chest from what I heard. Gone...

My Althea is now gone.

I immediately ran upstairs, I opened the door to her room and there she was... my poor Althea.

I tried to carry half her body so I could hug her tight. "Lablab, don't leave me... please, Althea."

I could hear someone sniffing behind me. I turned around and saw Sally wiping her tears.

I hugged her tight. "Sally..."

"Al-Althea wanted me to give you this." She handed me a paper bag.

I opened it and there I saw, the leather jacket I gave him for our first anniversary. I just feel so weak, I cried on the floor while hugging his jacket. I can still smell her scent.

They're bringing Althea out of the room now. I just sat there hugging her jacket when I felt something inside the pocket. I opened it and there was a paper folded into two.

I opened and read what's written.

"Take this jacket as a remembrance. Funny how you wanted me to get rid of this but I bet now, you'll sleep with it every night. Don't cry for me, my Jade. I was wrong. It's not true that our relationship has its ending. Our love is infinite, Lablab. I'll see you soon... and we will both live happily ever after... in our own paradise. I heart you and this also has no ending.

Your Lablab, your Althea."

I just let myself cry for more than an hour before I headed back home. I wanted to go Althea's funeral but I also wanted a quick nap. And I still couldn't get myself ready seeing the love of my life, lifeless.

It's almost 5 in the morning.

As I opened the door to our room, David is just laying in bed with his back rested on the headboard... holding a gun.

"D-David? What are you doing?"

"I deserve to die, Jade... I am so sorry." He pointed the gun on his head.

I panicked and ran to him. "Put the gun down, David! Don't do it."

"Did you love me Jade?"

I didn't know what to tell him. Even though he has hurt me millions of times, he's a nice person deep inside. I knew it, he was my childhood bestfriend after all. "I-I did, David. I loved you, but not as much as I love Althea and I'm sorry about that. And yes, I forgive you for everything you have done to me... just put the gun down please." I am in tears again.

"Shit! How could I ever forgive myself? You should leave me Jade, I've been such an animal. I treat you like shit. I really deserve to die." He pointed it to his head once again but I tried to steal the gun.

"David, stop!!!" I tried to get it but he's too strong. We're both fighting for the gun now.

But accidentally... he pulled the trigger and the gun was pointed... on me.

.......................

I woke up from the sunlight hitting my face. I looked around and all I see is green grass and a beautiful view of a sea. I can feel the fresh air... this looks like paradise to me.

"Jade?" I heard someone call me from the tree nearby.

I turned around and there I saw... the woman I've always loved... "Althea?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 2.5K 18
Lauren Jaugerui Imagines Hope you enjoy! Completed.
2.6K 74 17
Book of one-shots mostly Hetalia but other fandoms will be written too. ★Started: 6/15 ✰Ended:
32.9K 330 31
Before and after Gen Q, from Tina's point of view.
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...