No Me Ames (Don't Love Me)

No Me Ames
by Marc Anthony ft. Jennifer Lopez

a/n: another one from Marie's, so enjoy! 😊

Jade's

I wiped my tears as I yell from upstairs. "I'm coming!"

Inhale. Exhale. You can do this, Jade.

I went downstairs to see David who is impatiently waiting for me. "What took you so long?"

"I-um I had to get ready." I looked down waiting for him to notice my dress and how good I look in it.

But instead, he just sighed and shook his head. "Jesus Christ, we're just going to a small get together and you're wearing something like that? Oh yeah right, Althea is going to be there." He faked a laugh.

"No, David it's just that--"

"Answer me back and you will come there with a big bruise on your face, you get that?" He pulled my arm harshly.

I could feel my tears streaming down my face. "Y-yes."

"Wipe your tears, they might think I did something to you again." He let me go and went straight to the car.

I straighten my dress and followed him to the car.

Oh shit. I stopped and hurried to the kitchen. I almost forgot Althea's bagels. I put it in a paper bag and headed directly to the car.

"Really? Bagels?" He smirked.

I just looked down and waited for him to start the engine.

"We don't need to bring food there, Jade."

"I-It's for Althea. She likes bagels."

He looked at me like he just wants to stab a knife on my back. He stole the paper bag from me.

"Guess what? I like bagels too." I wanted to fight back but I know this would just lead to another serious case. So I just let him eat all of it.

We got to our destination, Sally and Althea's house. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

...

"Jade! Oh girl, we have so much to talk about. David, you join Batchi and Althea in the backyard. They're starting grilling the chicken already." Sally welcomed us. I just tried to smile so she wouldn't think something is going wrong... but, everything is going wrong.

"Oh okay." David went straight to the backyard to meet Batchi and probably, Althea.

Batchi is Sally's wife. Yes, you heard me, wife. Batchi is a butch and Sally is a femme. They had their wedding in the US and is now starting to build a family of their own. And Althea? Well, you'll probably know later.

"So, how have you been? What's been going on lately?" Sally asked as we sit on the couch.

I checked if David is still inside. He's nowhere to be seen. I burst into tears. "Sal, I don't know what to do anymore. All we do is fight, he yells at me all of the time..."