Hidden behind the Mask

By hellyeahghost

"So what's your power?" "What they didn't tell you?" I smirk, might as well have fun with this "I make thing... More

Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13

Chapter 12

35 2 0
By hellyeahghost

"Carter!" April yells from across the classroom. I wave at her and walk in her direction, at least I have one friend. The whole class is in a circle, Mr. Strong in the middle of course.

"Yesterday we had a mishap occur" Mr.Strong mentions, glances come my way. "Let's make sure that doesn't happen again"

He put his whistle to his mouth and blows it, kids rush to there usual rings. I look around to see if Kian's here, and like magic, he's leaning against the wall.

"Carter, go to your spot!" Mr. Strong yells, my feet turn jello. Kian is the kind of person that will get thisclose to killing me without actually killing me. Exciting.

"Missed me, babe" Kian's mouth forms a disgusting smirk.

"Sadly no, my dog puked something that looked like you" I sass back "so I was reminded of you while I was cleaning it. "

"Spicy" he flicks his pinky up with a small flame coming out of it, "I likey"

I reach the mat and climb on it, careful not to do anything stupid. I hear Mr. Strong arguing with someone so it might be a few minutes until we have to start the actual fighting.

"About yesterday" Kian face turns dark as he says this, "let's start fresh, you didn't know the rules, babe."

"That's a great idea! I'll try not to kill you today, babe" i mock back.

His frown slowly turns into a smile, an evil smile. I keep my face as dead serious as I can hold it.

"Everyone START!" Mr.Strong yells, this time I don't look around like I did last time. I stay focus on kian.

"You know, if it wasn't for the accident yesterday I would think about banging you" kian lefts his hands and with a swish, a ball of flames come towards me. I quickly dodge it, forgetting completely about my powers. "But now all I want to do is make you scream" his eyes turn a fiery red.

I put my hands in front of me, facing him. "I'm flattered" I breath out, I try not to show that I'm scared...shitless.

He starts to throw fire balls, I try dodging them at first but that ain't gonna happen. I put my hands up and think about water. Yes water and fire! A sprinkle of water comes out my palms, I gasp as this is my first time actually making water.

The harder I concentrate the more water sputters out of my palm. After a few seconds, water sprays around wildly.

Kian hands looks like a torch, fire reaching out to lick my fingertips. Water and fire both meet in the middle. Kian suddenly stops and starts throwing fireballs at me while I make a rainstorm come out my hands. At this rate, no ones going to win. And I don't like ties...at all.

"Is that all you got" I mutter with clenched teeth

"Babe, I'm going easy" Kian smirks. And suddenly lowers his hands down. I stop the water but keep my hands up right just in case he tries something.

His face turns into a mean snarl, slowly turning ...red? His arms and legs double in size, the sound of fabric tearing fills the room. Everybody has stopped what there doing to see what was happening.

My eyes go wide at the huge fire monster that it's front of me.

"Oh shit" I whisper, the monster giving me a smile in return.

His fist comes down next to me and that when I realized today is the day I die. My body turns into fight or flight mode and to my luck, I can actually fly.

I swoop myself as high as I can go, out of kians reach and think of a plan. Clearly, he can kill me by just tapping my shoulder.

I decided that attacking him with wind will probably be the best move, seeing that water was barley strong enough for his fireballs that compared to this monster, seems like blowing out a candle.

I lower myself down, and rise up my hands but I'm too late. Kian grabbed me in his hands and holds me in his fist.

"surrender" Kian roars into my face.

I'm too weak to say anything, I can feel my body burning by the touch of his hand. I try turning my head, Mr.Strong is nowhere to be seen.

So when I smash Kian into the wall with some air, I get caught and lectured. But when Kian turns into a monster, not here. Makes sense.

I'm about to give up when I hear someone underneath me scream in excitement. I look down and see a girl just fangirling while I'm getting a 3 degree burn all over my body.

"Let her go" a voice yells behind me, unable to see I breath a sign of relief, someone finally has my back.

"Surrender" the monster yells at me once again

"I said let her go" the same voice yells, a loud sound came all at once, yellow lighting bolts cover kian's monster body.

"Static"  I mutter, gasping for air as the monster fist gets tighter and tighter. Breathing is getting harder.

Yellow bolts start reaching Kians monster hand. But nothing is happening, he still has a death grip on me. My mind starts getting blurry, random thoughts start coming to my head. Toaster in water, killing people. 1000 ways to die.

Water! Electricity! Why didn't I think of that, I pull myself together. And focus on my hands and water. And that's when I feel it, water! And explosion occurs right when I thought that.

Everything is a black, dust covering me and Kian enough so no one can see.

After a minute or hour, can't really tell when your dying inside a supers fist, kian is slowly shrinking to his normal size. Fire ashes cover him, his face black like gun powder.

I landed on the ground, with kian kneeling right under me. I turn around to see my "hero" and all I see is Static in all the dust. His masked face looking everywhere, finally landing on me.

Static walks towards me, I stay still. Not really having the energy to move after all that action.  He wraps his hands around my waist and leans into my ear.

"Cant let my sea world get hurt" he whispers.

"Sea world?!" I unwrap his hands with a laugh, noticing that everyone's eyes are on us. Mostly on him, but eh.

The gym doors slam open, "What in the hell happened here?" Mr.Strong yells.

"Kian is a monster! Literally!"
"Static had to stop him"
"Carter was going to die"
"Static is sexy"
"Huh?"

Kian is now standing up, dusting himself as if he didn't just turn into a fire monster...

"Kian, my office now" Strong bellows as he marches towards his office.

He slowly walks, a serious face pasted on as he faces me. "Next time he won't be there to save you, babe"

****

"Let me get this straight?" April bites into her sandwich. " THE Static saved you from Kian?"

"You were there!" I laugh, "and not really saved, he contributed."

The cafeteria was unusually quiet. Now that everyone knew that Static was a high schooler attending Kent high school, people wanted to know his real identity. We sat in a corner table facing each other. My fries soggy as ever.

Aprils eyes light up, she drops her sandwich and grins. "Guys!"

I turn around and look at the direction she was yelling at. 3 kids look towards us and wave, they start approaching us.

"April" a girl with light blue hair sits by her, followed by two other guys. "What's up?"

"This is Carter, today's her 2nd day here" April points at me, I shyly smile, I always hated being out under pressure.

"Carter this is Liz, Draco, and Sebastian" they all smile back at me.

"Hey, I'm Draco. Want a chip?" Draco offers a hot Cheeto, smiling.

Draco, doesn't look anything like Draco Malfoy, but he does have blonde hair. His brown eyes make anyone feel comfortable, and his warm smile has to be his best feature.

"No thank you"

"So Carter, what's your specialty?" Liz asks, taking some  of Draco's chips.

I raise my eyebrow up before answering, "specialty?"

"She means power, love" Sebastian finally pips up. My eyes go wide with the word love, I don't even know this kid. April giggles at my reaction "he's parents are from Britain, his accent is long gone but his vocabulary isn't" April snorts out.

"Oh um" I play with my fingers underneath the table "Wind, yours?" I ask Liz.

"Shapeshifting, basic. I know" she boredly shoves another chip in her mouth.

"That's cool, shapeshift to what?"

"Small animals: birds, rodents, cats. Etc" Liz whirls her finger as she mentions the animals. I never met a shapeshifter before, honestly before this week, I haven't even been near 2 paladins, now there everywhere.

April starts getting impatient with how slow the conversation is going, tapping her fingers to help me speed along the questions.

"And you guys?" I look at Draco and Sebastian, they look at each other and give me a trouble smile and turn to face each other.

Now that I'm actually looking at Draco , he's actually kinda hot. Light blonde hair with dark brown eyes, yes please?

Draco turns his attention to me, and smiles While lifting his eyebrow in surprise. Those dimples, my gosh. If he sings, I'm going to be a goner.

I sing a little.

Hello? Wait what?

Telepathy, or mind reader. I don't mind whatever you prefer

I stand up from my seat suddenly, "how much did you hear? I mean think? I mean I don't know!"

Draco smirks at me and winks at Sebastain. I sit back down as Liz and April die laughing. "Haha, so funny" I mutter, throwing April a dirty look.

"What! I wasn't the one that read your dirty thoughts" April raises her hands in surrender, laughing.

"Last time I'll do it, I promise Carter" Draco gives me a genuine smile and hold out his pinkie. I take my pinkie out and tug his.

The lunch Bell rings, people start standing up, trays in hands.

I stand up and pull my backpack over my shoulder, "it was nice to meet you guys" I told Liz and Draco with a smile. Sebastian was too busy shoving papers into his backpack. They nodded in return. April moves right next to me

"Beach later?" Liz suggests,

Yea, it'll be fun to hang out of this flying school" April agrees, she turns to face me "Carter, you down?"

The beach is 3 hours away from my house. I live in the damn valley, how am I supposed to get there with no car. "er, I don't know. It's pretty far from my house"

"Don't you fly?" Draco  finally stops filling his bag, I squish my eyebrows together. How does he know? "I was walking by the PC and saw you in the air through the window." He adds on, probably noticed my face expression.

"Oh yeah, forgot" I awkwardly smile.

"It's settled. Beach at 6" Draco announces as he walks away from the table. Liz follows behind with a goodbye wave.

"This is going to be so fun!" April squeals

\\|\||
I edited out the last few paragraphs on the last chapter. So please go read it if you read this book before 8/7/17. Thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.9K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
98.4K 3.1K 30
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
990K 22.4K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
3.7M 87.4K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...