To The Beat Of For Keeps

بواسطة kaonawriteshit

Oneshots. Songs. RaStro. JaThea. Lesbian Story. المزيد

Author's
Introducing Me
Two Of A Crime (1)
I Know (1)
I Know (2)
No Me Ames (Don't Love Me)
Enchanted (Prologue)
Girls (1)

Where Do Broken Hearts Go

425 15 2
بواسطة kaonawriteshit

Where Do Broken Hearts Go
by Whitney Houston

a/n: hey guys, it's ree again! i have decided to put some of marie & I's, harrifer (harry connick, jr. & jennifer lopez; our main ship in this acc 😉) oneshots and reincorporate it into something rastro/jathea. most of the said oneshots i'll put here are the ones written by marie, so big credits to her, for her oneshots are indeed amazing!

so here's the first one, enjoy! 😊

...

Rhian's

"Roses! Roses, anyone?" I yell as I walk the streets of Paris. It's a beautiful day and I can already hear the sound of music from a far.

Nevermind i'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me I beg I'll remember you said
Sometimes it lasts in love and
Sometimes it hurts instead

I turned around to see a street performer singing a song so passionately. I don't know why but I suddenly felt her pain. I got so curious.

I walked to her after she finished singing.

"Wow, what a gift from God. You have a great voice. Hi, I'm Rhian." I sticked out my hand.

She just stared at me completely. And that's when I noticed how beautiful her bold, black eyes are. And they're quite huge, but it looked adorable.

She raised a brow. "Didn't your mom tell you it's bad to talk to strangers?"

I just laughed at her, trying to be friendly. "To whom are you dedicating that song?"

I could already tell that my question strucked something in her, for she immediately went uneasy. She even starts to stutter.

"N-No one." She sighed hard and I already could tell she was thinking about someone.

She put her guitar back on its case. She started walking as I follow her. "Wait! Do you want to drink coffee with me sometime?" I don't know why I'm even doing this I just felt like she needed a friend to open up to. I'm curious about her. She seems so... deep? dark?

"Sorry madame but I prefer not to talk to women who are not single." She looked at the roses I am holding.

"Oh, these? I sell them!" I laughed.

"Why are you still here?" She asked, sounding annoyed. But that didn't stop me.

"I just want to make friends. Your voice is so amazing, I'm a huge fan of music. My mom and dad works here in London, in plays." I smiled.

"And you?"

"Uhm- I play piano. I mean I can play the piano but I'm not a professional you know?" I told her and finally, she smiled at me.

"Oh nice." She replied.

"Are you off to somewhere else? I could show you how I play piano."

She was hesitant but I showed her my sincerity of making friends with her in my smile and that's when she accepted my invitation.

Glaiza's

We entered a music store and it looked so beautiful with all these guitars hanging.

"Is this yours?" I asked.

She just laughed at me. "I wish! I just go here whenever I want to play the piano. I can't afford one." She half smiled.

"They let you play piano here for free?"

"Yes." She walked to the cashier and asked if she could play the piano and damn right, they just let her.

I just stare at her while she picks a piano to play. "This is Piney. Piney, meet... oh wait I actually still don't know your name." She heartly giggled, which since earlier when she ambushed me with being friendly, I find so cute.

"It's Glaiza. And wow you did not just name a piano 'Piney' that's lame." I laughed as she softly punched my arm.

We sat down and I asked her what song does she know how to play.

"I love Where do Broken Hearts Go. It's one of my favorite Whitney Houston songs."

"I've never heard of her."

She widened her eyes "What? Are you serious? Whitney is a freaking legend!"

"Well that's not the type of music I listen to."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and cleared her throat.

I know it's been some time
But there's something on my mind
You see, I haven't been the same
Since that cold November day...

We said we needed space
But all we found was an empty place
And the only thing I learned
Is that I need you desperately...

So here I am
And can you please tell me...

Where do broken hearts go
Can they find their way home
Back to the open arms
Of a love that's waiting there
And if somebody loves you
Won't they always love you
I look in your eyes
And I know that you still care, for me

I'm just staring at her, completely amazed. She sings so great and she can play the piano well.

She snapped her fingers. "Earth to Glaiza!"

"Oh sorry, wow you sing so great, r-really... amazing."

"Yeah, did I just take your breath away?" She playfully winked and giggled.

"Nah. Like what I told you awhile ago, I don't like your taste of music."

"Oh whatever, who's your favorite singer anyway? There must be one."

The minute she asked me that question I already know my answer. "Bon Jovi. He's the ultimate legend, oh god I could worship him all day."

"You. Are. Crazy." She laughed.

"Literally crazy. I have all his CDs, a guitar signed by him. They're all in my apartment."

"Really?! I want to go see it!" She said excitingly.

"Uhm, no I-don't let anyone go---"

"Oh come on! Please?" She smiled like a little child asking for a candy.

There's something about this girl... I can't say no to her. Why is that?

"Fine." I sighed and stood up.

She giggled. Her smile, oh her teeth. "Let's go!"

Rhian's

We went to her small apartment and damn right she has all of Bon Jovi's albums, memorabilias and etc.

"I went to his concert in Florida and look, he signed it." She passed me the guitar.

I smiled and stared at her. Examining her face. I can see sadness, anything synonymous to sadness.

"What's his name?" I bravely asked.

"Who?"

"You know who. When I heard your voice on the streets, I knew you were singing it for someone. Tell me, what happened?"

She takes a deep breath before answering. "It's a her."

I smiled at her honesty. "So what's her name?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait, why are you so curious anyway? I can't even believe I let you come in here. Don't you have work to do or what?"

"Nah. I got bored that's why I'm here trying to make friends." I smiled.

She just smirked and eventually let me in and started strumming her guitar.

"C'mon who is she? I have a feeling that you need to let it all out."

Instead of answering my question, she started singing.

My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands
Standing close to someone else
Now I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
I gave my best to you
Nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

One last cry
Before I leave it all behind
I gotta put you out of my mind this time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to my last cry

I was here
You were there
Guess we never could agree
While the sun shines on you
I need some love to rain on me
Still I sit all alone
Wishing all my feelings was gone
Gotta get over you
Nothing for me to do
But have one last cry

I just realized that my tears are already visible. It reminds me of someone, someone who I have to let go, I got to put him out of my mind.

"I'm not the only one broken in this room." She said looking up at me.

I immediately wiped my tears. "I-I was just really amazed."

"No you weren't. Come on, what's his name?" He asked crossimg his arms.

I laughed. "You haven't even answered my question."

"Oh Rhian. You want a beer?" She grinned and I know that she's now starting to be more open. Honestly, I was just up to basic 'making friends' but this looks like it's gonna be more than that. It's still not even a day that we're together, but with Glaiza, it felt like I'm safe. And that she's safe with me.

I grinned back at her offer. "Yeah sure."

She went to the fridge to get beers for the both of us. I totally need this right now.

Hours passed and we're just drinking, talking about jobs, life and other bullshits.

"Her name is Ramona. To keep the story short, I just woke up one day not feeling her presence beside me. I haven't moved on since then but I'm working on it."

"No you're not. Why? Because you still sing for her. You always think of her when you sing. You have a great voice but you use it for depression."

"You wouldn't understand the pain she caused me, Rhian."

I took a sip and just sighed. She started talking again.

"I just want to sing her a song asking why? Why did she leave me? What did I do? Did I do something wrong? I have so many questions."

I looked in her doe but sad eyes and felt her pain. It's like her eyes are already telling me her story and it aches me in some way. Glaiza looks like someone anyone should cherish, because she has so much love to give. And a part of me wants to strangle that Ramona's hair actually.

But as a new friend, I don't want to be someone who would share her sorrow. I won't cry with her, instead I'll help her move on. "Well I hope you see her one day and I hope you wouln't fool yourself again. Just proper closure you know?"

She sniffed and nodded. "Yeah that's all I need. Closure."

I looked at my watch and shit it's almost midnight.

"Oh it's getting late, I didn't notice that the time is running!" I laughed.

She looked at me intently. "Don't you wanna stay the night?"

I knew it. Glaiza is a lesbian after all. Maybe she let me in, especially in her house so easily, just so she can get herself in my pants.

"Wow, I thought you were different. Good bye."

"W-wait I didn't mean it like--"

I slammed her door and went home.

Glaiza's

"W-wait I didn't mean it like----"

She walked away.

Shit. I shouldn't have asked her to stay of course she would think all I want is sex. She's right, I need someone to open up to. That's the reason why I wanted her to stay a little longer.

...

It's been a month now, Rhian and I are... I don't know what to call it, but I know we have something special. As I was singing in the streets, she walked to me and asked for an apology about the other night. I told her the truth that I honestly just want her to stay the night because I need someone to talk to, and again, she laughed apologizing of how she overreacted.

Since then, we became friends. We hang out everyday. She now sells roses on my spot where I sing songs, literally beside me. And somehow, it gained us more customers. People loved my music and the roses she's selling, they say it's a perfect combination. Every night after a hard day's work we eat dinner outside or in my apartment. She sometimes spends the night there, she keeps on insisting I teach her how to play the guitar, and of course, with that sunshine of a smile, I couldn't say no to her. And I don't know, now, I feel something for her. She makes me forget about Ramona.

...

Just another day of me singing in the streets.

As I was about to sing, someone grabbed my hand and now we're running like someone is chasing us.

I noticed that she's holding lots of roses. It's Rhian.

"Excuse me? Care to explain where we are going?"

"Radio station. My father knows a radio station where they can let you sing your song and maybe Ramona is listening to that station right now. Who knows?"

She's been finding ways for me to connect with Ramona again. I mean, I have moved on but she keeps on bringing it up.

Rhian's

We're now at the radio station my father told me about.

I talked to the Radio DJ and gladly he's in a great mood and he would love to hear Glaiza sing.

"Glaiza, come here!"

I can tell that she's nervous. I want to help her find Ramona but why is there a part of me that hopes Ramona isn't listening right now. I hope she's sleeping, I hope she's busy. I don't want to lose Glaiza but then again, who am I to get jealous?

What would I do without your smart mouth?
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You've got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin you down
What's going on in that beautiful mind
I'm on your magical mystery ride
And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright

My head's under water
But I'm breathing fine
You're crazy and I'm out of my mind

'Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, ohoh

I was just standing there speechless. Looking at her while she stands up and exits.

"Hey wait! Rhian, I thought she has something to say on the radio?" The DJ tried to follow Glaiza.

"Um yeah wait I'll go check on her."

I snapped back to reality and exit the studio.

"Glaiza! Why did you walk out? Come back inside. This is your chance! To finally say what you wanna say to Ramona. Let's go."

She turned around and I can see tears on her face. She sighed hard and rolled her eyes. "Fine."

We went back inside and she just walked straight to the mic.

"Okay. Good morning, England. I'm Glaiza de Castro. Just an ordinary person who loves to perform on the streets. See I have this girlfriend before named Ramona, and one day I woke up without her by my side. I thought that was it. I thought she was finally the one. The one I'm gonna grow old with. I'm not here to find Ramona but if ever you are listening, thank you. Thank you so much. You probably think I despise you but to be honest, I'm glad you left me... you made me that much stronger. I let out my depression through music. I was inspired to sing. Then this beyond amazing girl came along, she was quite annoying but damn, I'm falling for her."

She's just looking at me... the whole damn time. With those ebony black, huge eyes that I could stare at forever.

But I have to wake up and face reality. I wiped my tears and ran away from the studio.

"Rhian! Why are you trying to run away? You said this was my chance! I've been meaning to tell you that I love you so much Rhi, I do... a lot and I hope you feel the same way too." She's actually crying, infront of me. I couldn't believe it, she loves me too. But this is so wrong.

"I'm sorry, Glaiza but it just can't happen." I walked away.

I looked back and I can't see her anymore... she didn't follow me.

"R-roses! r..oses..." I tried to sell for the rest of the day but I feel like I should just go home. I feel so weak.

"Roses...." I wiped my tears.

"I would like to buy all of those roses." I suddenly heard a very familiar voice... My Glaiza's voice.

I turned around.

"A woman like you deserves to have flowers delivered to you every morning. I can be the best one Rhian... if you just let me."

"Glaiza stop making this hard for me. It just can't happen okay?!"

"Tell me why! Tell me why Rhian. Is it because I'm a lesbian and you don't prefer people like me? I thought we had something real Rhi... So please, I'm tired of people not telling me the reason why! Why do I always have
to find out why?!"

"Glaiza, I don't care whoever you are okay!"

"Then why Rhian, why?"

"Because I'm married!" There I said it.

"W-what?" She looked like her whole world crumbled when I told her that.

Glaiza's

We walked to a forest where there's a lake.

"His name is Piolo. We've been married for 5 years now. He is nothing but good to me, he never cheated, never had any vices. He was so devoted to me but I just... feel empty... still. Now he's in the military. He hasn't come home for quite some time now but he never forgets to send me letters. I just, I think I've fallen out of love. The spark isn't there anymore but Glaiza, you came along and I felt like I was in junior high again having my first crush."

My face lit up with what she just said. She softly carressed my cheek. "Glai, I am madly, insanely, deeply and uncontrollably inlove with you. But this is real life, you don't always get what you want. I have a husband, and I can't just leave him just like that."

I cupped her face with both my hands. "Why stay in a marriage if you're not happy anymore? Just leave and run away with me. I'll treat you like my queen."

"He treats me like a queen Glaiza... he does." She was already crying.

"But you don't love him anymore, stop lying to yourself."

For the first and last time, our lips found its way to each other. Rhian sealed it. "I love you Glaiza, I really do but I have to go."

She wiped my tears and smiled weakly then started walking away from me.

I can't hold her back, she looks like she made up her mind. And she's right, her husband didn't do anything wrong to her, our affair would be unjust. But I'm hurt to pieces, once again. And I couldn't believe it was from someone who once helped me get on my feet again.

I stayed on the rock near the lake and cried myself out but Rhian looked back and spoke. "8 pm. Wait for me at your apartment, 8 in the evening. If I show up, you can have me all to yourself. But if I didn't, that only means one thing... Piolo came back from the military."

...

I went home and patiently waited for Rhian to come. If we're meant to be, it will happen. She will come here. I can feel it.

Rhian's

I was about to unlock the door to my house but surprisingly, it was already opened.

I opened it completely and....

"Baby... I'm back, I missed you so much."

Piolo.

He walked to me and hugged me real tight. I burst into tears.

"Why are you crying? I'm already here." Piolo asked while he wipes my tears.

"I-I'm just happy you're back." I faked it.

I look at the clock and it's already 8:05

I'm sorry, Glaiza...

...

3 months later...

I hurried to the door as someone is constantly ringing the doorbell.

"Who is it?"

"Good morning madame, are you Rhian Ramos?"

"Mhm, Mrs. Pascual actually. Why?"

"Okay just sign here.... and um, here." He lend me a paper and a ballpen.

I looked at the street and there was this gigantic truck. Oh my, what the hell is this?

I saw two guys pulling out a pi---OH SHIT! IT'S PINEY!!! My dream piano, oh my God!

I ran to the piano and I just couldn't contain my emotion. I jumped and squealed like a 5 year old. "Who's this from? I dont remember buying one. I can't even afford---"

"I believe this card is for you madame."

I opened the card and it says...

"Where do broken hearts go, Rhian? -G"

a/n: just like what marie said, "what a tear jerker, right?" 😅✌
and this is now my cue to announce that some of the upcoming oneshots will have endings like this, slight tragedy. because yours truly is actually a fan of that, sorry to get you in this ride with me guys, i love y'all 😂 but it actually depends on the song, on what's its meaning. but i'm already giving you a heads up, so prepare you hankies and i'm also ready for y'all murmurs quite honestly lol.

have a good day, thanks for still reading!

comments & song suggestions are always welcome 😊

- ree

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

One بواسطة Liona

قصص الهواة

183K 3.3K 30
When letting you go is the only way. But having you back is the answer.
120K 3.8K 52
The desire to find someone who could accept you for who you truly are. Not the people personified you with.......... Can FATE lead you to her? ...