The Pirate of Greece

By a-fangirl-fantasy

LAST EDITED: August 2021 NEXT UPDATE: September 6-13 2021 -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- When General Annabeth Chase is... More

Author's Note
Chapter I (Annabeth)
Chapter II (Percy)
Chapter III (Percy)
Chapter IV (Annabeth)
Chapter V (Percy)
Chapter VI (Annabeth)
Chapter VII (Percy)
Chapter VIII (Percy)
Chapter IX (Annabeth)
Chapter X (Annabeth)
Chapter XI (Percy)
Chapter XII (Annabeth)
Chapter XIII (Annabeth)
Chapter XIV (Percy)
Chapter XV (Percy)
Chapter XVI (Annabeth)
Chapter XVII (Percy)
Chapter XVIII (Annabeth)
Chapter XIX (Percy)
Chapter XX (Percy)
Chapter XXI (Annabeth)
Chapter XXII (Percy)
Chapter XXIII (Annabeth)
Chapter XXIV (Percy)
Chapter XXV (Annabeth)
Chapter XXVI (Annabeth)
Chapter XXVII (Annabeth)
Chapter XXVIII (Percy)
Chapter XXIX (Percy)
Chapter XXX (Annabeth)
Chapter XXXI (Percy)
Chapter XXXII (Annabeth)
Chapter XXXIV (Annabeth)
Chapter XXXV (Percy)
Chapter XXXVI (Percy)
Chapter XXXVII (Annabeth)
Chapter XXXVIII (Percy)

Chapter XXXIII (Annabeth)

2.4K 103 58
By a-fangirl-fantasy

"They're gaining!"

Annabeth cursed as she turned at Hazel's voice, finding that the Titan vessel was in fact creeping up on them from behind.

"Get the oars in the water! Jason, we need more wind!" she called as Tyson came lumbering out of the hold, burdened with a bunch of old, sea worn oars that had once seen better days. A majority of the crew swarmed for an oar, just as quickly leaving and lining themselves along each side of the Blackjack. Soon the beckoning order of 'heave!' rang out in a rhythm with the splashing of oars entering the water, and the pounding of footsteps across the deck as more crew ran to and fro, offering their aid at different stations.

"It's not working!" Nico called down from above, perched precariously on the edge of the crows nest.

Annabeth cursed and looked for the blonde Roman amongst the chaos. "JASON!"

The wind roared, and the ship lurched forward as the sudden torrent of gust rammed into the sails at full force. Had Annabeth not grabbed for the stern at the last moment, she would've been knocked off her feet like most others aboard.

Thankfully the weather change remained as Jason focused, right in the centre of the ship as he maintained the advantage. She detached the spyglass from its cord on her hip and peered through, releasing a sigh of relief as the saw the Titan ship was no longer gaining ground. But they were far from safe. Both ships were now at a stalemate. The enemy was no longer approaching, but the Blackjack couldn't seem to gain any ground. It was this fact that concerned her most. Their ship was especially designed for speed and agility. So far, no stranger's vessel had managed to compare to its superior craftsmanship. And with Jason's extra effort, all the enemy should have reached were the dying waves of the Blackjack's wake.

But yet, here the parties were, battling for ground on an even playing field. The Titan Army had somehow, in some way, manipulated a variable to increase their own speed.

Grover came scurrying across the deck, taking her attention away from the other vessel. "We need Percy! We're not going to outrun them otherwise!"

Annabeth shook her head. "He's healing, but not fast enough! Too much exertion could worsen his condition!"

The satyr visibly huffed in frustration, skimming his eyes rapidly across the deck. He left without another moment's notice, going to help Silena with the oar she was struggling to work.

Annabeth cursed as she took another peek through the spyglass. The Titan Army had caught ground, if only by a few yards. But it was enough evidence to suggest that the Blackjack still wasn't moving fast enough. Even as she thought it, she could feel the conjured torrent of wind slacken, Jason obviously having difficulties maintaining it. She glanced at the blonde boy, her fears being confirmed. His brow had furrowed, and a small grimace could be seen overtaking his facial features.

Annabeth stowed away the spyglass, jumped the railing and strode towards him. "Jason! That's enough! Conserve your energy!"

Having heard her, the wind died down dramatically. According to the flying, loose strands of her hair, he still maintained a soft breeze. Jason winced and looked down.

"Sorry, Annabeth," he said, shoulder's slumping in defeat. The sudden energy surge had taken a toll on him.

She patted his shoulder. "You did what was asked, and you did it well. The Titan Army has one upped us somehow." He nodded at her words, and quickly stumbled off to retrieve his armour.

Annabeth's concern came back at full force as she processed the situation. They could use up all their energy to try and outrun them, or save their energy to fight. The first option was the most preferable, but unattainable. Even now, the Titan vessel advanced on them from behind, becoming clearer with every second that passed. But the second option didn't seem like a wise choice at all. Annabeth had no doubt that their numbers outweighed her own. That left one other option. It seemed nearly as impossible as the first, but there was still a slim chance of success. Negotiation. Parlay. If she could somehow manipulate their situation with a one-on-one conversation with the rival captain they stood a chance.

Just as she'd made up her mind and was ready to issue the order, a gleeful shout broke through her thoughts. All eyes were one Grover as he dangled dangerously off the railing, clutching a rope to keep him aboard. His other hand was pointing to something on the horizon, and when his eyes met hers a spark of hope flared in her chest.

"Over there!" her friend shouted. "A reef! We can lose them in the reef!"

A grin split her face as she realised his plan. Using the spyglass in the direction he'd gestured towards, she did indeed spot the reef. Waves broke the surface in that particular area, giving away the sand banks and coral beneath the water's surface. It would be a tight fit, but if the Blackjack did reach the reef, then it was a near certain chance of losing the Titan Army for a while. There was no way the enemy's galley could fit through. Their hull would splinter and crack if rammed against the reef. The Blackjack still stood a chance.

"Change course! Head northwest! Get us to that reef!" Annabeth commanded. Nobody hesitated as they scurried to specific stations, using all their might to follow her order. With a hand holding her hat in place, the General ran up to the quarterdeck and jumped in front of the helm, turning sharply against the wheel and angling the vessel towards the reef. The Blackjack veered sharply off course, the sun glinting off the ship's steely black hull. Annabeth heard a few startled yelps from below, but paid them no attention. If someone had fallen overboard the crew would alert her.

A spark of hope rose inside her as the ship drew closer and closer to the reef. By now she could see the Titan Vessel from the corner of her eye, altering their own course. They were on an angle, coming directly towards them from the south. But the Blackjack was close to escaping. She only needed a few more minutes. Just one last haul across the ocean to the safety of the low lying sandbanks and jagged coral.

Her hope vanished with the scream.

Annabeth involuntarily flinched as a woman's high pitched shriek pierced her ear drums. Her hair whipped around her face as she looked down at those assembled on the deck. Most of the crew had crowded around one huddled figure, crumpled to the floor. Brown locks fanned the wooden surface, an imperial gold spatha discarded a metre away.

Hazel.

Annabeth withheld a gasp as Frank kneeled beside her, panicking over a wound in her side. Blood flowed freely, staining the purple sailor's shirt she had on beneath her armour plate. Beside the pair was a bloody tipped arrow.

"Make way!" Will commanded as he ran out of the hold, carrying his medical kit. Just as he skidded to a halt beside his injured comrade, another startled scream erupted from further down the ship. This time from Connor who had been leaning against the prow, another arrow embedded in the rail next to him.

Annabeth's attention shifted from the commotion below to the approaching Titan vessel. The others attention were caught as she let loose a string of loud, colourful words of choice.

The enemy had advanced far too much, and far too fast. They were within firing range, and they were making good use of this advantage. She spied two archers poised on the prow of their ship, already reloading their bows. Below her, she was aware of her crew mates moving Hazel from danger and grabbing their shields.

Her hope was replaced with dread. Not only was the chase over, but it also seemed the Titan Army wasn't all too fussed whether they lived or died. Negotiations wouldn't work. There was only one thing she could think of.

Fight.

Annabeth, frustration and anger overtaking her expression, yanked sharply on the wheel one last time. By now, everyone had learnt to stay on their feet, and all knew about the predicament ahead of them. The Blackjack swung abruptly to the right, cutting off its original course, its side intercepting the front of the Titan Army. With no time to grab her own armour, Annabeth was facing rather grim odds. Armed with nothing but her wits and her dagger, she drew the ship around to face the Titan Army.

The enemies own vessel was now clearer to see, and close enough to hear. Cries of the opposing force pierced the air, their chants and shouts for battle and blood obvious. Her own crew remained silent besides the occasional muttered curse, all had their weapons drawn, and all seemed equally nervous about the situation ahead of them.

Annabeth analysed the approaching vessel. The galleon could easily be described as the Blackjack's opposite. Its hull was thicker and more masts held more sails. A beautiful wooden woman made up the figurehead, a sad expression over her face as she held up the head of a monster. And where Percy's ship was mostly black, the Titan vessel was the usual wooden hue with stripes of gold. Along its side, intricately engraved, read its name.

The Andromeda.

"Annabeth?" Piper called.

"Hold your positions," the General responded.

Demigods were lining the side of The Andromeda, shaking their weapons in the air.

"Annabeth?" This time, Nico.

"Hold."

The Titan Army drew up beside them, only a breath away.

"Annabeth!" Grover yelled.

She unsheathed her dagger and pointed it towards the enemy.

"Attack!"

-

-

-

-

PLEASE READ BELOW

1) HI! It's been a while! How's everyone going? Hope your day/night is swell :D

2) I AM SO SORRY. Believe me, I did not intend for this to happen (my extended disappearance). Originally, I'd mentioned that my laptop was going through minor fixes. Well...it turned out to be more serious than originally thought. Like, MAJORLY serious. Somehow I'd managed to grab all sorts of viruses and bugs. Plus the inside was damaged badly after having dropped it down a flight of fricken stairs. Pro Tip: Don't live in a house with stairs. The exercise isn't worth it. So eventually, over a period of time (and a waiting list) my laptop is fixed! I'm back in business!

3) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE COMMENTS AND VOTES AND JUST JBVDKVJNKQNLVJNKLFVNKSFN!!!!!! I've tried to respond to all of them, but if I've missed someone I am terribly sorry. There were so many notifications I fear I've just completely skipped a whole section. GO AHEAD and comment now! I'll be more then happy to talk! Once again, thank you! (I'm making a list of account names to start a list of dedications, so expect that soon enough).

4) Now, onto the story. At the moment, I'm not all too satisfied with events. I believe it could do with some extra work (I'll be sure to come back and edit it in the future). I just...I don't know. It just feels...off?? Does it feel right to you guys? Are you happy enough with where it's going so far? Please comment. I fear I'll have to start re-writing stuff out of sheer frustration.

So, all in all, thank you thank you thank you!! I apologies for all this wasted time! I'll be sure to catch up as soon as possible!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.3K 76
A collection of headcanons written by yours truly. I wrote everything but I'll include inspiration credit if there was any. Will include a lot of shi...
61.4K 2.3K 33
After her brother, Malcolm disappears and is announced dead. Princess Annabeth Chase has no idea what to do. She can't remember anything from the nig...
299K 5.3K 100
!!sequel out now!! COMPLETED **don't own the characters or pictures** title is pretty self explanatory :) ships in the story: percy jackson & annabet...
5.5K 166 23
Percy has lost everything, Jason, Piper, Frank, Hazel, Leo had all died in the war. Even Ann... her. Percy couldn't say her name anymore. He left cam...