Unexpected Future!

By background21

We think and we expect! We do this both a lot and without these there is not much to do. Will there be any ac... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
EXTRA!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 31

3K 197 45
By background21

*Swathi Pov*

"Water!" I heard the voice and immediately moved from my bed to fill the glass fuming inside with frustration.

"Here!" I said, walking near the person who had just his hand in a cast, but have perfect legs, which he can't use or just decided not to use.

"Go ahead!" he said not even glancing at me, but typing something on his mobile with his good hand while keeping the device on his lap.

I would love to go ahead and throw this on that phone which he can use with the hand, but not to hold the glass and drink.

What am I doing by being at his beck and call during these few days while he is finding new ways to irritate me? I thought, frowning, but then shook my head.

If I had not known the reason behind his behavior I would have dumped this water on his face but I know the reason. I never in my wildest imagination thought that one lie would be the result of someone to get hurt.

Well, I earned this game of his and the hostility, but I would not become some meek person for a mistake I did before I started loving him. I can't change myself, right?

So, when he added, saying, "Can't you see I am thirsty? How much time does it take for one simple task?", I held his hair with one hand before pulling it with a little force and pressed the glass to his lips.

He glared at me after covering his shock, but I continued to make him sip not giving him a chance to say anything else.

"There! Now, you can go back to the task which is the only one you seem to be capable of." I said pointing his mobile and walked out of the room.

Why am I making him more angry at me? Maybe I should be that meek person only and then he would forget the past. But I will be someone else, right?

"Ms. Guptha!" his shout made me close my eyes understanding his another way of saying he is indifferent to me.

When he suddenly started calling me by my name I felt irritated for a few days, but got adjusted and maybe more adapted to it. However, now the same old name is making me wish he would just let me explain.

"I am not Ms. Guptha." I said, returning to the room to see him sitting on the bed with legs on the floor.

"Then what are you? Anyway, I need to go to the hospital." Saying that he looked at me and I closed my eyes counting to ten before moving near him.

But then realizing something I smiled making him frown at me. I smiled more before moving near him before placing my hands on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, James. I will help you to stand up." I whispered it after bending a little near his face to stare straight at him.

I moved my hands down and moved them slowly over his midriff to encircle him, but he immediately pushed me away with his good hand before standing up for himself.

"Wow! That's quiet a miracle. How were you able to stand?" I asked him in a wondering voice making him fume but he walked to the cupboard.

"These things I will do it." Saying the I moved beside him before opening the door and when he tried to take out the shirt I took it before he touches it and the same thing I did for his bottoms.

"You can go out." He said, moving back when I laid them on the bed.

"Why? These three days you made me stand here with my back while you are changing. What is new today?" I asked, staring at him.

"I don't need your assistance." He replied, but I shook my head.

"Do you remember what you said yesterday when I said you can eat with the spoon? You said I am your assistant. This is very bad of you to change your words like this." I said to which he smirked.

"What can I say? I leaned from the best person. Wait! It was not changing the words, but it was acting, right? My bad!" he said, nodding and it hit, but I composed my face.

"Ouch!" I whispered and turned my back, releasing the compose, but chanted that I deserved it.

"Don't call me Ms. Guptha. If you forget I am married woman." I said, biting my lip and heard his snort.

"I don't see you anywhere near as a married woman." His comment made me stiffen.

"And what does that mean?" I asked fisting my hand, but he didn't reply immediately.

"Your father while explaining the rituals said the red powder thing and that necklace are the signs of a married woman. But you removed them on the first day, then how can you be one?" his question made me stiff not having any reply.

"In our customs it is ring, but there was no church wedding. So, you are really Ms. Guptha." He added and I turned around ignoring the fact he didn't give any signal of his finishing.

At least he wore his bottoms and I moved near him like yesterday to remove the bandage from his neck as a support for his hand. Then helped him with the shirt before putting the bandage around his neck again.

I didn't took a peek at him until then and finally I did to meet his stare. Then after a few seconds I moved towards the dressing table and knelt before a drawer and started taking out all the things before finding the one.

I stood up holding it in my hands, staring at the mirror to catch his image on it. Staring at his eyes directly through the mirror, I moved my hands to put the necklace around my neck not blinking.

"I don't have the one you call as red powder and it is not a compulsory thing which everyone puts. I can buy it and put if that is needed for you." I said and he looked away.

I turned around to see his eyes closed with a frown and I slowly moved near him to place my hand on his shoulder but he stepped back.

"Remove that!" saying that he walked off while I stood there in shock not understanding his sudden reaction.

"Be careful!" warning him when he couldn't sit properly in the car when I unlocked it, but he ignored and sat like that for a few seconds before moving to sit properly and I closed the door.

"I asked you to remove it." He said after we travelled for some time in silence.

"I didn't ask you to ask me that." I pointed out and he glanced outside again ignoring me.

"Did you bring anything for your sister?" he asked when I parked the car.

"I did yesterday itself when you were sleeping." Saying that I stepped out of the car while he too got out little uncomfortable.

"Shall I use yours from the next time?" I asked, realizing my car is small one.

"No need!" he replied and I can easily convert his words meaning 'I would jump down a cliff before making you do something sensible for me except the things like drinking water'.

"Di!" Maha said when we both walked into the room and I glanced at Nakul to see him sleeping, making James curse to which she frowned at him.

"I need to talk to him and he is sleeping." He said frowning.

"Then you should have come here after giving me a call to see whether he is awake or not. He will be on high doses of painkillers for the pain if you forgot." She mumbled, walking back while I shook my head at him.

"He would not know that because he is skipping his own. So, you can cut him some slack if he says something stupid." I said realizing she was angry at him and he is frowning at her.

Hearing my words, both turned to look at me in surprise while I stared back at them with a blank expression. He frowned, looking away while Maha walked back near to us with a guilty expression.

"I am sorry! I should have known you would be stubborn, but I am just worried." She said, giving him a small smile before glancing at me.

"What are you worried about?" I asked her to which she sighed.

"He is not giving me leave." She replied, making me stare at her in surprise.

"You don't want to stay here?" I asked, to which she shook her head in confusion.

"No! I am talking about my job. He said he will remove me if I don't go for work from Monday onwards." She replied and I slowly nodded now understanding her words.

"How are you managing your work?" she suddenly asked and I glanced at James for a second before staring back at her.

"I took leave and is dealing with everything using my mobile only. And my assistant is quite efficient to do everything in my absence unless there will be an emergency." I replied and she nodded.

"We will leave then." James said, nodding at Maha and she nodded, smiling at me before we both left the room.

"That was a total waste." He grumbled and I rolled my eyes.

"Should have woken him up." I mumbled, making him shake his head, but we continued to walk to my car.

"I don't need someone to babysit and you can go for your work." He suddenly said when we reached the within the compound of the house.

"I am not babysitting." I said when we reached the room while I kept my silence until then.

"I am man sitting." I added to which he rolled his eyes and sat down in tiredness.

"So, ready to take the tablets?" I asked, to which he stared at me for a second before forwarding his hand.

I walked away first to bring water and then the tablets from the dressing table. Without putting the tablet in his hand, I sat beside him with my legs on the floor beside his.

I moved the tablet to his mouth to which he moved back, but I just pushed it into his mouth before pressing the glass to his lips.

After doing it with all the tablets, he just frowned at me saying, "I could have done it myself."

"James! Don't say such stupid things. You are only capable of messaging in the mobile and that's it. Don't stress yourself, darling." I said, trying my best to keep the mocking tone away but couldn't help but use it.

"You!" saying that he suddenly held my hair before pulling it near his face to stare at me with his anger expression.

"I was trying to make your work difficult. Didn't you understand? Why are you still doing all this?" he asked staring at me.

"You were supposed to be the person who doesn't take someone else orders at all. Then why?" he added and I smiled at me.

"I don't! But when someone is trying to punish me for my mistake, I don't back off also." I replied and he closed his eyes before dropping his head on my shoulder blade.

"What are you playing at now?" he asked and I moved my hand to encircle him moving a litte closer.

"Nothing!" I replied, but he shook his head, making his nose press to my throat with his head moving and my mouth ignored my commence before releasing a gasp.

And with that the whole atmosphere changed with something warmth replacing the detached feeling. Then I felt a kiss on my neck when the necklace is lying, making me fist his shirt.

"James!" I whispered and he lifted his head to look at me with complete warmth and I felt like I am returning it.

But then the moment is gone with blankness replacing the warmth and he moved away saying, "Go!"

"James!" I said, frowning, but he shook his head, closing his eyes.

"That was one time I lied about my feelings. Can't it be forgotten?" I asked, staring at him and he gave a laugh opening his eyes, which is not all at all sounding like he is in jovial mood.

"Am I a stupid to forget every time someone comes and acts before me? No! Twice is definitely a foolish thing." He replied and I frowned at meaning behind his words.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, but he just moved back and slowly lay on the bed closing his eyes.

"James!" I said, but he slowly frowned, opening his eyes.

"Fine! Give me the details of the driver's family. I am going mad for three days for it." He suddenly demanded making me frown.

"What driver?" I asked, to which he shook his head.

"The one in the accident fourteen years back." He replied and I felt more confused.

"What?" I asked, to which he frowned.

"It is from Nakul's family side? No! It was told his mother was driving." He mumbled and I rolled my eyes hearing his words.

"Give me your driver details who died in that accident along with your mother." He said looking and me and I stiffened understanding what he is asking.

Why? Why is he suddenly asking all that? I thought, frowning and closed my eyes, thinking whether to tell him or not, but then remembered my hand being squeezed to stop me.

"I will not say anything." Saying that I stood up and walked to the door but his words stopped me.

"So, you want to protect the person who is harming Nakul? I should have known fourteen years of thirst for revenge will not wash away so soon." He taunted and I smiled at him.

"It's actually seven years. I didn't care much about all this until these past seven years." I said, making him shake his head.

"Nothing will make you say the details, right? Tell me, is this person very special for you to protect. Is that why?" he asked and I nodded without pausing for a second.

"I will make everyone pay for everything you have done." He warned and I stared at him.

"Behind this person you both father and daughter are taking your revenge." He stated and suddenly something snapped inside.

"Maybe! Why don't you search this person and find it out?" I asked and immediately realized my mistake.

"Don't worry! I will." He replied and laid back, closing his eyes while I rushed out of the room.

No! He shouldn't find it out because it would turn into a disaster and nothing else creating hurt. I walked out of the house calling Dad and waited for him to lift the phone.

"Dad! James is wishing to know the details of the driver died with Mom." I said the moment he lifted and waited for his response.

"Let him!" he replied and I shook my head.

"Don't you get it? If he knows then Nakul will and then..." I trailed off and he again stayed silent.

"You are right! I will do something." He said and hung up while I stood there rubbing my arms.

Well, now I can control my panic and everything will be fine. Enough had occurred all these years and I will not add another burden over that. Everyone has a right to be happy and I will make sure of it.

*Nakul Pov*

"Well?" I asked James but he kept on pacing before me before finally stopping before my bed.

"Swathi is trying to save the person who could be the reason behind your accidents." He replied making me frown.

"Really?" I asked him raising my eyebrow.

"Yes! And this time I have a proof." He replied, smirking and I immediately frowned.

"I knew she would do some mistake if I challenged to find out everything and she did by talking to her Dad in the garden." He added and I realized what would have happened.

"She didn't know about cameras?" I asked and he shook his head.

"James! Maybe there is something else she wished to do and not my harm." I said to which he frowned.

"My whole family deserve their hatred James. My Mom was the reason for them to lose their important person and someone else." I added but he shook his head.

"Why would she even do that?" he asked and I shrugged.

"This is more than the information I could ever get. I tried asking him yesterday, but he is ignoring me like I am not there." I replied and he sighed.

"I will do everything to find this person." He stated, but I shook my head.

"Maybe, with them, fearing you will find this person, they will back off. Let go of everything, James." I advised and he stared at me like I am mad.

"Don't you want to be free from all this, Nakul? Do you want to be like a person living in prison forever?" he asked and I closed my eyes.

"They may harm Maha too with her being your wife." He added and I immediately opened them to stare at him.

"Find!" that's all I said and he nodded before we both fell into silence until we heard a knock.

"I can't believe this." Maheshwari said, walking into the room ready to go for work wearing the skirt.

"I said one week and it is up." I said, shrugging and James left nodding at me and then at her.

She shook her head and sat on the chair beside me before tugging her skirt making me finally realize how uncomfortable she must be feeling.

I thought it was conscious but not I can see it is not that. I stared at her to see her having this sulking expression.

"This is not the first day of school or college." I pointed out but she ignored me.

"Go and wear Saree before going for work." I suddenly said and she glanced at me frowning.

"What?" she asked and I smiled before repeating the words.

"But you said skirts." She pointed out, making me roll my eyes.

"I was wrong and angry. And also I didn't want to see you in those stupid clothes you were wearing. They were pale and lose." I said, shaking my head.

"Because they are old. Recently I bought only Sarees." She mumbled and I nodded.

"Now, you can wear them. But come here before leaving for work." I said to which he chuckled.

"Now, I need to go home and change and come here and then go for work. I don't know how to teleport myself." She pointed out, making me chuckle, but I hissed before taking a deep breath.

"Okay! Skip coming here, but change and go." I said compromising.

"I will not travel back home and again to work when it is near to here." She said shaking her head showing her stubbornness.

"You will not listen to me?" I asked, frowning which she ignored.

"You are not going to work unless you change." I said, gritting my teeth and she immediately stood up.

"Okay!" saying that she walked to the couch and took the magazine before coming back to the chair and sat down.

"What?" I asked, not understanding anything.

"You said not to go unless I change and as I am not changing, I am not going." She replied, shrugging before started to read the book while I stared at her.

"Okay! You can stay for today." I said, feeling the warmth inside when she is so adamant to not leave from beside me.

"Okay!" she said, nodding not even glancing at me making me frown.

"I am amazing to allow you, right? Aren't you going to say something?" I asked after a few minutes.

"What?" she asked, frowning, looking at me.

"Something?" I asked and she concentrated but shook her head.

"I don't know!" she mumbled and I sighed, closing my eyes feeling disappointed.

"Is that something like 'I love you'?" I felt the whisper and smiled before opening my eyes to see her leaning over me with a smile.

"Sit here!" I said, patting the bed, but she frowned to which I gave her an assurance nod.

"You are my wife!" I started saying, but she cut me off making a sound, "Oh!"

"Someone got witty when I was busy lying on this bed." I said, moving my hand to caress her cheek.

"Continue!" she whispered, blushing and I nodded.

"I can't ignore the work, but I don't have much choice here. I want you to take care of everything there. You will not be there just as my PA but as CEO's wife. I need your help in this. Will you help me?" I asked and she stared at me like I am dead literally.

"How can you ask that? I am no way trained for anything like this." She said shaking her head.

"I will guide you. And I trust you. Actually, I trust only you. Please!" I whispered and she closed her eyes nodding.

"So, go to work from tomorrow onwards." I said and she nodded, opening her eyes.

"Okay! But I will be here remaining time and you will not ask me to leave." She demanded and I nodded smiling.

"That is actually my wish." I said to which she smiled, holding my hand brushing her thumb over my knuckles staring at my face while I smiled back at her.

----------------------------

hey guys! i know it is not too late one but still missed typing and all you know... but what can i do... i am kind of into so many things right now... but i try to update whenever i can... i will not leave for one whole week or something...

by the way is there any chance the story turned to boring? let me know because i really want to know...

how is it???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.3K 3.9K 20
"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. And your contacts with men should be very limited" "What exactly do you think I am?" "I kno...
565 1 176
I have a secret that I don't share with most. I've been swept up into something bigger than anything I could ever imagine, and now I'm involved with...
43.9K 806 26
in the class you were put in after the discovery of you having the same powers of class E's sensei (not tentacles) _backstory_ you were born but then...
134 21 19
It's lust at first sight for him, He's been through a lot in the past, He is not searching for serious commitment, But all his reasons drown when he...