That Summer Crush (#wattys201...

De Emmythelandmermaid

It's the same thing each summer. Two weeks of physical attraction and obsessiveness over "A Guy." The Same gu... Mai multe

Meet the Cast
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Five

16 2 0
De Emmythelandmermaid

Good thing I grabbed my pineapple flip flops or my feet would be toast. Ducking under bougainvillea, I continue to think about everything that has happened within two hours. 160 minutes of nothing, but complete and utter mistakes. Gosh it's so hot. As I continue down the boarded walkway, I check my Facebook to see if I have gotten any messages from anyone.

1 friend request. 12 messages. 3 notifications.

            Taylor Northwood has sent you a friend request. Accept or delete request?

            Desi: Hey Hoffy!! Hope you're enjoying your resort. I just landed in Belize and it's absolutely stunning. Wish you were here. Sorry how we left things.

           Darcy: Where are you? Mom said you left? Everly!

           Freddie: What the hell did you do this time? Mom is not talking to anyone. Great! Way to go. Screw up like you always do. It's all because of Bobby! Get over him. Our family is more important than a stupid guy. Granted I am a guy – but blood comes first. Shame on you.

Ouch. That hurts. I don't know if I should read the rest of these messages. Maybe I should turn my life on airplane mode and just fly off the radar? No, that's immature and why is Taylor friend requesting me? Super weird. Okay, I have to read the rest of the nine messages.

           Pippa "Pip": Girl. Where are you? Ran into Kyle and he said that you got hurt. Are you okay? This isn't like you to just runaway. Mom made it seem like you were never coming back. Freddie is pissed. Everly? Let's just talk.

          Bea: I am so sorry! It's only been one day and I feel like it's been a lifetime. We shouldn't have left it like that! The car ride was so quiet.

         Bea: Oh did you hear the news? Liam Merrick and I are dating. Yeah, it's been only a day, but I have a boyfriend. Oh I am being mean and rubbing it in your face. Uhm, talk to you later. Sorry.

        Poppy: Hoffy. Hey, what's up?

       Maggie: Don't do anything stupid. You're my best friend and the most level-headed person and I don't think a plan or idea should ruin that. Call me, please?

       Freddie: Are you back at the campus?

       Avery: I see you and your kimono silly. Look to your left.

       Dad: Please come back and explain yourself, now!

       Cece: I still love you, stupid.

Looking up, I see my cousins, Avery & Zoey and smile. They wave me over and as soon as I step onto the sand, they attack me with bear hugs.

                                "Everly!! We didn't know you were coming to the beach. What's up?"

                                 "The sky?" I say sarcastically, before answering with, "Everything is falling apart. Don't grow up. I rushed it and now I am slowly regretting it. Plus, I got hurt. How about you two?"

                                 "Zoey has a boyfriend now. I stick to watching the bachelorette."

                                 "Is it serious, Zoe?"

                                   "We've been going out since I was 14, so I suppose it is serious." Says Zoey as she rubs her arm.

                                    "Good for you both. I've been dealing with school and work."

                                     "Everly, what's going on with Bobby?"

                                      "Nope. We are not discussing him. That's what brought me here. No mentioning him or I leave. Got it? Good." I said as I walk towards the pier; kicking sand and folding my arms out of frustration. I left them beyond clueless as I put space between us. I needed this 'time' to figure out if "Plan A" was going to work and if I needed to make a "Plan B."

Plan A:

Flirt with Bobby.

Talk with him every day.

Get his digits!

Text him.

Give him space.

Smile.

Ask him out.

Go on a date.

Become a couple.

Simple. No room for error. Think again. Where ever Everly Hoffman goes – trouble seems to find me. How could a straightforward plan go in all the other directions, but the one I want? This is beyond cruel. Zoey is 16 and has a boyfriend. How the hell does that happen? Don't answer that. You know what – this plan will work. I'll make sure of it. Just because I made a few mock errors, doesn't mean the plan is ruined. I can savage this mess...after I get cotton candy from the pier.

Half an hour passed and I was on my way back from the pier and I glance at my phone.

Battery: 15 %

Great. My phone is going to die and I will be stranded on the beach with tourists who love taking photos of just about everything. It's already half pass five and my legs hurt and I'm exhausted. The water is calming though. Sometimes I think it washes away our troubles. Anyways, I hope the tram is there when I come – because my feet are throbbing and these are the most uncomfortable shoes ever. This is what I get for walking the beach to the pier and back. Damn my luck. Not only do my feet hurt, but my back is bruising. How would you feel if a metal object raked your back and caused you to bleed and no one cared? Yeah, that's how my day is going.

Sliding my key card out of my pocket, I step up to the gate once I got off the tram; to head to my room and grab a meal. Error! Error! Error! The card isn't working. No. Someone please come over here and let me in. I'm too tired to walk any further. Hello? Then a little boy, no older than five, looks up and says, "I can't reach it. Let me grab my brother." I smile and wait diligently, but no one came. My phone is dead. The mosquitoes are biting every bit of my body and I just shrug my shoulders and throw my arms up in defeat; when a voice startles me.

                                "Rough day?"

                               "You could say that?"

                               "Want inside?"

                               "Like that will help."

                               "Or not?! I can leave you out there. Just come inside and we will talk about it." Says Darcy as she pulls open the gate and waits for me to decide on what to do next. "Okay, I don't want to get bit by a thousand, mosquitoes Everly! Are you coming in or are you going to be grumpus all day?" continued Darcy as she begins to tap her foot impatiently at me.

Of all the people, that could have opened the gate...it had to be my lovely sister. It couldn't be that Lucas guy or a cute pool staff or your average attention seeking dude? UGH! Do I have 'make Everly's life a living hell' written on my forehead or something? I must or today wouldn't suck.

She starts swatting at her legs and arm while holding the gate opened for me and I couldn't help but chuckle out loud. Snapping a look in my direction, I cover my grin up and straighten up; because a pissed off Darcy was a bad idea. Inching forward, I walk pass her and turn around. Smack me. Hit me Darcy. I deserve it. That was really mean of me. All she does is wraps her arms around me and whispers in my ears, "I thought you left. Don't do that. Don't leave." I embrace the hug and say, "You're stuck with me, Darcy."

She accidently taps my back and I scrunch my face in pain; then she drags me to the restroom and takes my kimono off. "What happened?"

                        "I raked my back on the slide. Kyle didn't seem to care. Bobby noticed. Mom thought I left the slide because of Bobby –and I flat out told her I got hurt, because of that bloody slide. I have never seen her so quiet in my life. Darcy, I feel bad for snapping at her." I say as I pull the kimono back over my shoulders and she just shakes her head.

We leave the restroom and begin to head towards the gates; so we can go get something to eat. I'm starving. In the corner of my eye, I see a certain pool staff wave me over. Twisting my head, I look over and he gestures me to come over. Is this real life? Oh my god! Eh! I'm so hungry though. I need to know. Plan B is in motion now.

                      "One second Darcy. I'll be right back." She nods and goes inside and waits for me; while I slowly walk over to Bobby.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

791K 2.1K 8
Finding relationships is easy... Keeping them is the real game. That's what I'm learning in my first one. It's not easy. Our rival schools are an hou...
Coffee at 5 AM √ De LenaHal

Ficțiune adolescenți

1.3K 169 27
"Wait," I put my hands on my hips and frown. "You woke me up to ask me this? Because you want to meet me every morning at five?" "Yes." "So you hones...
38.6M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
6.2K 166 14
✎ | HOCKEY SPORT ROMANCE (Beaumont boys #1) " I don't know how to explain it, Xander. B-but when I am with you I just feel like the rest of the worl...