Broken || h.s. AU (old versio...

By uhohregrettio

"Isn't it funny how it's the boy from the dark that helped me see the light?" - Unedited version. Go to my bi... More

WARNING
UNEDITED VERSION:
Prologue- Angel
Chapter 1- Harry Styles
Chapter 2- Complications
Chapter 3- Motives
Chapter 4- Attacked
Chapter 5- Saved
Chapter 6- Dreams
Chapter 7- "Pips"
Chapter 8- Giving Up
Chapter 9- Apologies
Chapter 10- Guilty
Chapter 11- Flowers
Chapter 12- Fire
Chapter 13- Dazzled
Chapter 14- Crackers and Cheese
Chapter 15- Rain
Chapter 16- Lavender
Chapter 17- Broken Glass
Chapter 18- Alright
Chapter 20- Circles
Chapter 21- Reunion
Chapter 22- Cracked Toys
Chapter 23 - Family Time
Chapter 24 - Sketches
Chapter 25 - Shampoo
Chapter 26 - A Surprise Destination
Chapter 27 - Musicals and Roses
Chapter 28 - Prom
Chapter 29 - Lies
Chapter 30 - Reflections
Chapter 31 - Clinic
Chapter 32 - Loving, and Being Loved
Chapter 33 - Forgiven
Chapter 34 - Take Two
Chapter 35 - PB&J's and Dancing
Chapter 36 - Late Night Talks
Chapter 37 - Impact
Chapter 38 - Hourglass
Chapter 39 - Wishes and Pinky Promises
Chapter 40 - Rainbows
Epilogue - Falling Asleep
Epigraph

Chapter 19- Lullabies

1.5K 49 8
By uhohregrettio

Chapter 19 - Lullabies

I shoot up in my bed, my head throbbing from the awful shrieking that seemed to linger in my mind. Once again, I was damp all over with sweat, my cheeks hot with the tears that wouldn't stop. I had the same chilling dream again. That's how it's been for the past week. It never varied.

I always am sent to my knees from the pain of the bloodcurdling sound, there's a bright flash, and when the fog disperses, Harry is lying in a puddle of his own blood, dead. The horrifying dream is slowly starting to gnaw at my nerves.

I roll to glance at the clock, the red numbers seeming to blind me in the dark room. My heart sinks. 3:27. But surely after the nightmare, I won't be able to fall back asleep. So I lay there in the blackness, anxiously waiting for my alarm to blare and for the sun to begin peeking through my curtains.

But as I toss and turn, still damp with sweat and tears still running down my face, I can't ease my mind back to sleep. The time drags on and I'm practically praying for the daylight to come. But to no avail.

So I do the only thing I can think of. I roll over to grab the landline off the table and dial Harry's number. The obnoxious beeping drones into my ear and I'm silently begging for him to pick up.

My heart skips a beat when I hear a click and then a deep and irritated sigh. His voice mumbles through the phone, raspy and low "Hello?"

I don't even wait a moment to respond. "Can you come over?"

He sighs deeply again and I hear a soft plop as he most likely collapses back into his pillow. "What do you need, Julia..."

I gnaw on my lower lip, pausing to regather my thoughts. He waits patiently, breathing quietly and deeply. I barely whisper, glancing towards the door "I had a bad dream.. I'm a bit freaked..." My voice cracks towards the end and I sniffle.

There's a long pause on his side of the phone and I hear his bed creak, his voice concerned and slightly more alert "Pips, have you been crying?" As soon as he points it out, it brings forwards another surge of tears.

"No..." I sob pathetically, shoulders shaking violently. "Oh, darling..." He sighs deeply, soft footsteps echoing through the phone. "I'll be over soon, give me a few minutes, love..." I sniffle quietly, giving a nod even though I know he can't see me. "Thank you..." I whisper, wiping at my cheeks with the heel of my hand.

There's a soft click on the other side of the phone and I feel the small bit of comfort leave me, my chest feeling empty. And yet again- it was becoming almost comical- another violent wave of sobs wracks my chest. So I sit in the dark, hugging my knees and waiting for Harry.

A quiet tap sounds on my window and I gasp, looking over as I scramble out of bed. I lean my hands against the windowsill, peeking out into the dark night.

Harry stands below me, one hand filled with pebbles, the other tucked in his armpit to ward off the cold. His curls are wild and matted, a loose grey tshirt draping his body and sweats hanging deliciously low on his hips. His face is adorned with a gentle smile as he watches me with kind eyes.

I can't hold back the smile as I open the window carefully, cringing to myself when it creaks. Harry waits patiently below me and I can finally manage to get the window open. And then I can't help myself as I call down quietly

"Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo?"

He rolls his eyes, shaking his head as he calls back sarcastically "Romeo art freezing his buttocks off. Open the door, dork."

I giggle quietly and nod, tiptoeing to the door and out into the hall. I wipe at my cheeks again as I sneak down the stairs, unlocking the door carefully as I open it. Harry stands before me, shivering with a concerned smile on his lips. He quickly slips in past me, shuddering as he whispers.

"Chilly night out."

I nod a little and close the door, locking it again. He silently takes my hand in his cold one, pulling me back up the stairs and into my room. Once he closes the door again, he quickly moves to wrap both of his hands around mine, inhaling sharply through clenched teeth at the sudden heat.

I lead him to the bed and sit down, pulling him down with me. The corner of his lips pull up as he watches me.

"So what was so scary about this dream of yours..." He murmurs softly, scooting closer to me so he was sitting cross-legged, his knees brushing mine.

I barely shake my head, my mind plagued with the horrid image of his glassy green eyes staring up at the empty sky, blood splatters dotting his pale face. Suddenly I feel his arms encircling me, pulling me into his lap as his free hand brushes my cheek.

"Hey..." He croons. "Hey, don't cry, baby girl... You don't have to tell me..."

I laugh breathlessly to my self, leaning my cheek against his chest.

"I'm crying a lot tonight..." I choke out, wiping at the tears I hadn't known were flowing.

I feel his chin rest on my head and I have to smile to myself at the feeling of his warm breath in my hair.

"Can you just sleep here tonight?" I whimper, my lip trembling. I pull back to see his anxious green eyes on me, frowning deeply as he nods. "Of course I will, pips..." He assures, his hand rubbing small circles into my back.

He lays me down like he's tucking in a child, frowning in concern the whole time. He pulls the blanket up to my chin, crawling in behind me. I roll to face him, resting my head on his chest. I can't help but smile as I wrap my arms around his lean waist. I can feel his stomach rising and falling with each breath. I can feel his heart beating softly through the thin material of his shirt. I can feel his delicate breath dancing in my hair.

I can feel him.

And it feels wonderful.

There is truly no better feeling than to love him and know that he loves me in return.

I wrap my legs around one of his, thoroughly enjoying when I can feel his heart quicken. I look up at him to see him watching me, his jade eyes affectionate. I can't stop the smile that makes its way onto my face and I reach up, lightly running my fingertips along his strong jaw. I do everything I can to take in the moment. To memorize ever part of his face, every emotion that courses through me.

He continues to watch me with a smile as I move my fingers up to run over his pink, full, smooth lips. His smile widens the slightest bit and he continues to watch me as I cup his cheek lightly in my hand, craning my neck up to leave a quick kiss on his lips.

My fingers continue to travel his face, savoring every time his heart quickens. When finally my fingers reach his temples and he answers my silent request. He closes his eyes, laying his head back against my pillow. I delicately brush my fingertips over his lavender eyelids that flutter lightly at my touch. And once I'm positive I have every part of his face ingrained into my memory, I relax into his chest again.

His chest vibrates with a soft laugh and I feel his fingers comb gently through my hair.

"I love you, Julia..." He whispers and my heart thumps harder at the affection in his voice.

I smile against his shirt, snuggling closer to him in the bed that was barely big enough for his long and broad figure. "I love you too..." I breathe, closing my eyes. After a moment, Harry speaks up hesitantly.

"Hey, pips...?"

"Hm?" I hum in reply, smiling a little.

Another pause stretches through the air between us.

"I'm writing a song about you..." He barely whispers and surprise immediately shocks me to the bone.

"You what?" I choke, astonished. He laughs a little shyly and I feel his face nuzzle into my hair.

"Can you sing it?" I ask hopefully, looking up at him. His cheeks are tinted a bright pink and he's avoiding my gaze.

"It's not done, though." He whispers, pulling my face back into his chest.

I frown, feeling his heart beating quickly in his chest.

"Hum it?" I plead again, looking up at him. He swipes his tongue over his rosy lips, deliberating. After a moment he barely nods, smiling. I grin, snuggling my face back into his chest as I close my eyes.

And the last thing I remember, I'm drifting off to a more peaceful sleep with a beautiful tune in my ears, warm in Harry's arms.

Harry's P.O.V.

A touch of a hand on my shoulder shocks me out of my sleep and my eyes fly open and a shocked gasp bursts through my lips. I feel my grip immediately tighten protectively on Julia as I search the dim room for whoever woke me.

I see Julia's stepmother standing a few feet from the bed with a curious yet apologetic smile. Laura, I recall in the back of my mind. I immediately feel heat creep into my cheeks as I realize what this appears as.

She comes into her daughter's bedroom to see an open window and a tattooed "bad boy" laying in her bed with her.

But to my relief she shakes her head, seeming to read my mind

"I know it was just a nightmare... I hear her cry at night..."

I feel a frown creep onto my face as I look down at the sleeping girl in my arms. It had shocked me that she came crying to me for one nightmare but it's apparently a normal thing.

I glance at the clock and stiffen. School started two hours ago. I quickly look back to the woman in the doorway, alarmed. Once again, she relieves my silent worry.

"I called the school. You're lucky our family has made a lot of donations to the school. I told them Julia was sick and while trying to help her, you both ended up sick."

I give a small and awkward smile, surprised she'd bothered to help. She gives a small smile in return, a hint of slyness behind it. I like her, I decide.

She looks down at her slender hands, her fingers fiddling around awkwardly as she asks gently, glancing concernedly at Julia "Do you want breakfast?" I pause, biting my lip in thought

"Can I talk to you?"

She smiles. "On one condition." I can't help but crack a small smile as I nod. Her voice is soft, amused "Come eat some breakfast."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 1K 11
Hi Everyone the remastered version of this story should be up soon I will leave up the old one and would love to have feedback from you all about it...
42.6K 913 32
It was the summer that you'll never forget. You met a boy and his name was Harry Styles. You fall in love with. He everything you look for in...
252K 7.8K 55
"Isn't it funny how it's the boy from the dark that helped me see the light?" As celebration of the one year anniversary since the finish of my most...