Until You're Mine (A Kim Jong...

By II_AKEMI_X

Exactly how does it feel like when the only thing you dear is taken away from you? With that feeling, Lee Min... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 31

701 44 1
By II_AKEMI_X

Attention: This story will be updated irregularly from now on. 

Because I want to finish this story in June and there will be some more chapters than planned, I will update more often, means as soon as I finish writing a chapter. 

Chapter 31 – Faults and Consequences

Both Jonghyun and I looked at him dumbstruck. What? "I can't believe that you grew up to be someone that beautiful" he complimented, but I was still in shock to answer him back. I don't know why, but I seem to have forgotten many things which happened while I was still with Unni, but now that he mentioned it, I remember her telling me that she has a person whom she'd like to spend the rest of her life with.

"Are you the one who gave her the chain with the key pendant?" I asked. "Yes," he answered with a smile. So, he was the person she cherished the most in the world. "I tried to find you after all that happened," he said, referring to Unni's death. "But I couldn't find you," he said, regret evident in his voice. "I had to live with my Aunt" I clarified and he sadly nodded. "Anyway, let's talk inside" I suggested and we all three walked inside.

It seemed like a typical wedding inside. The hall was decorated very much and people were standing there with their overly expensive clothes and were making some small talks. "I guess you have a lot to talk about with him. I'll leave you alone with him" Jonghyun whispered in my ear and I saw him walk away and greet some guest.

"Can you tell me everything you know about Unni?" I asked. "Of course. I really liked her. We used to go out in high school and by the time we reached University, I proposed to her to marry me. I've always been wondering why she never told me about this guy who was stalking her. She was always smiling and laughing whenever she was with me, but I had no idea what was actually going on" he started.

I could see that he wasn't really feeling well while he talked about it. "If only she hadn't opened the door" Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my heart as I looked at him with guilt. "If she had just called me and told me that there was someone drunken in front of her door" his tears swelled up as he looked at the ground.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him that it was me who had opened the door. I couldn't tell him that it was my fault. At that moment, I realized that I only hadn't taken the life of my sister, but also of a woman who was dearly loved by someone. I looked over at Jonghyun, who was talking to Taemin. He looked at me and smiled at me, but I couldn't smile back. While I took the happiness of someone, I was being here happy, as if nothing had ever happened.

It's my fault.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked as he brought me back from my thoughts. A tear rolled down my eyes and I could see that Jonghyun excused himself from Taemin and walked towards me, looking at me worriedly. But before anybody could further talk to me, I walked out. The cold air hit my heated-up face and I wiped my tears away. I heard Jonghyun call after me, but before he could catch up to me, I stopped a Taxi and got in.

I know. I know I shouldn't be behaving like that. I just probably ruined Jonghyun's night. I was looking forward to meeting his father and have a decent talk with his sister, but here I go, messing up everything. I always end up ruining everything. "Miss, are you okay?" the taxi driver asked. I wiped my tears away and smiled at him gratefully. "Yes, thank you" I answered.

After ten minutes, I stopped the driver and got off. I felt like walking home, so I took a deep breath and calmly started walking. I am such an idiot, running away like that. Maybe I should go back and look for Jonghyun. I don't even have my phone with me to call him. At that moment, coincidently, I saw my Aunt passing out flyers on the streets. I walked to her confusedly, wondering why she was doing this. "Mina! Great to see you again. You look great"

She placed her hand on my shoulders as she smiled at me, not asking me why I probably looked like someone who had just cried her eyes out, for which I was glad. I don't know whether she was just pretending to be nice or if she actually had changed, but that wasn't important right now. "Why are you doing this?"

"Oh dear, don't worry, everything is fine. We will move out to the countryside in two days since business isn't doing so well" she explained. It must be worse than 'not so well' since she even must distribute flyers nowadays and somehow, I felt guilty again. She asked me for help, but I just egoistically turned my back on them and now, they will move out because of that. She even looks as if she doesn't sleep well these days.

"I-I want to help" I voiced. "Oh no, you don't have to. It was very inconsiderate of me to ask you to help me, after everything I have done to you. You should go and live your own life" she said and I shook my head. "No, I think I should help" For the next five minutes we just stood there, debating if I will support them or not. "Just give in," I said and she sighed. "Fine"

"My children are too young to assist me, so maybe you could help me out in the shop I will open up, but are you really sure if you want to come along with me? It's your final year after all and you also have to leave your friend then. What was his name again? Jonghyun, right" At that moment, I noticed what I would be leaving behind. What the heck am I doing?

"I will consult with him about this matter and notify you tomorrow," I said. "Alright, see you," she said and before I walked away, she grabbed my hand lightly. "Yes?" I wondered. "Here" she opened her purse and pressed a small sack on my palms. "I think you need to fix yourself" It was makeup. I smiled at her and thanked her before walking off.

I got into a bus and glanced at the phone of the person who was sitting next to me, to check the time. Good, only an hour passed after my sudden disappearance, so the wedding shouldn't be over yet. I re-applied the makeup I had just received and got off from the bus near the mansion. Foot walked the remaining path until I reached the entrance. Taemin was standing there, looking worried as he constantly checked his phone. After he realized that I had come back, he ran towards me.

"Where were you?" he asked as he placed both of his hands on my shoulders. "I just went out for a walk" I replied. "I am not satisfied with your answer, but first let's call Jonghyun. He went outside to look for you" Soon, he was talking to him, informing him that I had come back. "Let's go back inside," he said and we both walked in. There I saw Hyun Woo, who quickly hurried to my side after he saw me. "Mina, what happened?"

"Nothing. I just don't want to talk about it" I said and he nodded understandingly. At the front was a man in a smoking, probably Jonghyun's father since they showed similar characteristics and an unknown woman in a white dress, probably the bride, both of them holding hands as the priest spoke some prayers. I also spotted some familiar people of Jonghyun's family, including his sister, standing in the crowd, but far away from me.

At that moment, Jonghyun entered the hall and Taemin shifted aside so that he could stand next to me. He silently stood next to me, eying me with curious yet worried eyes and I noticed that he was out of breath. I knew that he was just waiting for the wedding to be over so that he can talk to me, but I guess he got impatient and before the ceremony was even over, he grabbed my hand and turned around to walk to somewhere quiet.

"Wait, don't you want to see it finish first?" I whispered. "No, that's not that important. I don't like the woman he is marrying anyway" he whispered back and we walked away. "But it's your father's marriage," I said, but we just continued to walk. When we reached the empty hallway, he finally let go of my hand. "What happened?"

He was standing opposite of me and to avoid eye contact, I looked at the red carpet, better said on the floor. "Look at me and tell me," he said as he gently lifted my chin and made me look at him. "I think that I will move in with my Aunt again to the countryside" His hands dropped as he looked at me seriously. "What?"

"Are you serious?" he asked. "After what they have done to you?" I stared at him for some seconds, searching for the right words for an explanation. "I know it may seem understandable, but I can't watch them fall," I explained. "No, they will do the same they did to you prior" he declared a bit angry. "Why don't you just support me instead of being angry," I said, getting, even more, angrier than him. "Angry? I am not angry, it's you who is being irrational and livid"

"So, you are telling me that you won't stand by me for this decision"

"No, I will not."

"Then fine!"

"Good!"

I turned around and started walking away as he just stood there and sighed. I know that he was waiting for me to turn around, but I didn't. After all, I couldn't let him see my tears.

End of Chapter 31

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 9.6K 37
Marinette has finally gotten everything shes ever wanted. She's working with her favorite fashion designer, Married to the love of her life, who also...
286K 5.1K 18
" Marinette.... your pregnant?" The Ball, the dancing, the fun, the confessions, the danger, the challenges, and the love. It all leads to one thing...
125K 2.6K 16
The Potter-Weasley- Malfoy-Lupin gang get hold of a Time Turner and you can guess what happens next. They travel to 1995! Some of their parents 5th...
42.8K 730 10
(completed) (edited) The daughter of a demon and the grandson of a world famous assassin. Two lost dark souls wandering in the dark. Will they find...