Invisible || Kyoya Ootori ||

By SingingGeekyBookWorm

━━━━ [ invisible ] All of her life, Fumika Fujioka has been invisible. Not literally... More

『Chapter One || Starting Today, You are a Host!』
『Chapter Two || The Job of a High School Host!』
『Chapter Three || Beware the Physical Exam!』
『Chapter Four || Attack of the Lady Manager!』
『Chapter Five || The Twins Fight!』
『Chapter Six || The Grade School Host is the Naughty Type!』
『Chapter Seven || Jungle Pool SOS!』
『Chapter Eight || The Sun, the Sea, and the Host Club!』
『Chapter Nine || A Challenge from Lobelia Girls Academy!』
『Chapter Ten || A Day in the Life of the Fujioka Family!』
『Chapter Eleven || Big Brother is a Prince!』
『Chapter Twelve || Honey's Three Bitter Days!』
『Chapter Thirteen || Fumika's Feverish Fun!』
『Chapter Fourteen || Covering the Famous Host Club!』
『Chapter Sixteen || Fumika's First Love!』
『Chapter Seventeen || Meeting (some of) the Family!』
『Chapter Eighteen || Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out!』
『Chapter Nineteen || Chika's Down With Honey Declaration!』
『Chapter Twenty || Lobelia Girls Academy Strikes Again!』
『Chapter Twenty One || Until the Day it Becomes a Pumpkin!』
『Chapter Twenty Two || Mori-senpai Has an Apprentice Candidate!』
『Chapter Twenty Three || Kyoya's Raging Jealousy!』
『Chapter Twenty Four || Invisible Once Again!』
『Chapter Twenty Five || The Host Club Declares Dissolution!』
『Chapter Twenty Six || This is Our Ouran Fair!』
『Epilogue || The End!』
『Chapter Extra || Kyoya's Unfortunate Luck!』

『Chapter Fifteen || The Refreshing Battle in Karuizawa!』

45.4K 1K 1.7K
By SingingGeekyBookWorm

A/N: Thank you, for the fanart! I love it! (Also, ranting-ish author note at the end, if any of you are interested.)

"Are you going anywhere over the summer break, Kyoya?" Fumika asked, pressing her chest against her boyfriend's back to look over his shoulder. It was a few days before summer vacation, and it was currently one of the host club's "planning" days.

"I don't have anything planned," Kyoya replied. He was calculating how much the host club spent compared to their budget while Fumika was working on her summer vacation homework ahead of time. "Why, did you want to do something?"

Fumika shook her head, "Oh, no. I was just wondering that's all."

"Oh, and do you have anything planned for over the summer?" Kyoya asked.

"Yep. My dad needs to go somewhere for a few weeks, so Haruhi and I are going to Karuizawa to work at one of his friend's pension," Fumika told him before giving him a look, "And it's not against the rules. I checked. It's only against the rules if I get a job, and technically it's not a job if I'm not getting paid. Part-time work, included, so don't even think about trying to manipulate me."

Kyoya chuckled, "What ever are you talking about, my dear?"

Fumika scoffed and gave him a look of disbelief.

"Well, if you don't want to work, we could always go to one of my family's domestic resorts," Kyoya offered.

"And let me guess, at a discount?" Fumika assumed.

Kyoya chuckled, "But of course."

"Maybe you should take me out on a date, first," Fumika teased, giving Kyoya a peck on the cheek before walking over to where her sister sat.

Kyoya smirked before going back to his calculations.

|| A few days later... with the Hitachiin twins... ||

"Hikaru, your cell phone is ringing..." Kaoru grumbled. "Hikaru..."

"Kaoru, you answer it..." Hikaru said.

"Oh, no... that ringtone is his highness's," Kaoru groaned, reaching for Hikaru's cell. "Why should we have to be awakened three mornings into summer vacation by his ringtone?"

"He wakes up too early," Hikaru agreed, wrapping an arm around his twin as they both sat up.

"Hello?"

"My daughter! My daughter is gone! I can't get through to them!" Tamaki shouted frantically through the phone. "They must have been kidnapped! Contact the police! We have to request an emergency deployment of the SDF, just in case!"

"Hold on, sir, calm down. What, now?" Kaoru asked before his eyes widened, "Huh? Haruhi and Fumika have gone missing?!"

|| with Honey-senpai... ||

"Eh? Fumi-chan and Haru-chan have gone missing?" Honey repeated.

|| with Mori-senpai... ||

"Bankrupt and fled by night?" Mori said in disbelief.

|| with Tamaki... ||

"That's right! I've called her every day, again and again, since the first day of summer vacation, and I can't get through to her papa's work, either!" Tamaki shouted, stumbling around his room. He had decided to put all of the members of the Host Club, par Haruhi and Fumika, into a conference call. "I'm sure they were unable to pay their rent and were forced into servitude! Otherwise, why else would they flee into the night?!"

"Waah! Fumi-chan!"

"Sir, you're too loud." "You should first call their cell phones."

"Cell phones?" Tamaki repeated, aghast, "You think Haruhi would have something like that?!" The blonde suddenly froze before snapping his fingers to indicate that he got an idea. "I know...There is a secret society among the commoners, called the "fly-by-nighters."

Kyoya, who had been quiet the entire time decided to finally speak up. "Forgive me for interrupting your dramatic delusions, but please decide whether you're worried about both Fumika and Haruhi, or just Haruhi," Kyoya said. "And if I must add, they are both in Karuizawa."

Tamaki froze. "Not only did Haruhi go bankrupt, flee by night, and get kidnapped, but she's in Karuizawa?" Tamaki asked, confused.

|| Time Skip with the Fujioka sisters...or more specifically, Fumika... ||

"Fumika, here's some more dishes," Haruhi said, placing dishes into the sink.

"Oh, thanks, Haruhi," Fumika thanked. "Do you think you can do the laundry?"

"Yeah, sure."

|| 30 minutes later... ||

Fumika had just finished washing all of the dishes and was currently placing them in the dishwasher to dry (Because us Asians don't use dishwashers.) when she heard footsteps approach her.

"Oh, Haruhi, are you done already?" Fumika asked, not looking up. "I just finished washing the dishes, so we can go on our break now-"

Fumika froze when she felt arms wrap around her waist and lips place kisses on her neck. 'Please, let it be Kyoya, please let it be Kyoya.' Fumika begged to herself.

"Do I really make you that nervous?" a husky voice whispered into her ear. Fumika let out a relieved sigh when she recognized the voice.

"Kyoya, you scared me," Fumika scold, pouting. "I almost thought that you were a creepy stranger."

Kyoya chuckled and placed a kiss on her forehead, "I'm sorry."

Fumika rolled her eyes and hugged her boyfriend. "What are you doing here, Kyoya?"

"This morning, Tamaki woke up the Host Club, frantically shouting about how he didn't know where you or Haruhi were," Kyoya explained.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," Fumika said as they walked out of the kitchen and made their way outside. "I suppose it's safe to assume the rest of the Host Club is here, too?"

"You assume correct," Kyoya confirmed.

"Fumika!" Tamaki cried, running over her to pull her into a bear hug. "I'm your friend, right?!"

"What? Um, yes?" Fumika answered, confused. "Uh, what's going on?"

"He's complaining because he's not in contacts," Haruhi told her.

"Okay? But what does that have to do with-"

"The twins said that it was because he's my senpai and I only have the phone numbers of my friends," Haruhi answered.

"Oh."

"Wait! You don't have a cell phone, do you?!" Tamaki shouted.

"Uh, yeah." Fumika reached into her pocket and pulled out a white cellphone. "Kyoya got one for me--despite my many, many protests. I have everybody's number, even yours, Tamaki."

"Waaah! Fumika!" Tamaki cried, hugging Fumika.

Haruhi sighed. "Look, just leave, please, everyone. We'll all see each other come the new term anyhow, whether we want to or not. We're all free to spend our vacations on our own, right?"

"School rule number 9: Part-time jobs are prohibited," Kyoya stated, pulling out a rule book.

"Er...um...is that right?" Haruhi stuttered.

"Did you hear? That girl has a job without the school's permission!" Hikaru muttered loudly to Kaoru.

"My, she has some nerve, huh?" Kaoru said back.

Fumika growled and lightly slapped the back of Kyoya's head. "I already told you that it's not a job unless you get paid!"

Everyone gasped and took a step back from the couple, expecting Kyoya to murder the girl. Instead, Kyoya just rubbed the back of his head and went back to writing in his black notebook.

.

.

.

"It's nice to come out to Karuizawa once in a while to get out of the heat, huh?" Honey said as if nothing happened.

"I have gotten tired of going overseas," Kyoya agreed, calmly.

"It is true, you are free to spend your own vacation on your own," Tamaki said to Haruhi. "In which case, you would have no grounds to stop us. Let's all stay here at this pension in the VIP guest rooms."

"N-no!!" Haruhi shouted, falling to the ground, dramatically.

"Yeah, that's not gonna happen," Fumika said. '

"Oh, but you can't stop us!" Tamaki shouted, laughing triumphantly.

"Uh, yeah I can," Fumika argued, "There's only one room left, so you can't all stay here."

"Just one room, you say?" Tamaki repeated, "What else can be done? Very well, I, the president, will represent everyone."

"Tama-chan, no fair!" Honey whined, tearing up.

"Are you just out for yourself?" Hikaru asked. "Have you no sense of solidarity?"

"You're the one who was complaining so much about it before," Kaoru added.

At that, Tamaki went into an internal struggle. "Am I being unfair? Am I out for only myself?"

"Hey, sir, we just came up with a fun game. Want to play with us?" Hikaru asked.

"We call it the "Guestroom refreshing job contest in Karuizawa"," Kaoru said.

"What is it with you rich people and creating super long names," Fumika muttered.

"We'll work all day here at this pension, where they say they are shorthanded," Hikaru started to explain.

"And, whoever leaves the best impression on Misuzu-san, gets to stay as the guest," Kaoru finished.

"Sounds fun!" Misuzu cried out, popping out of nowhere. "All right, all right, I'm in on this plan! Yes, if the one who I choose as most refreshing stays here, then it will undoubtedly lead to increased popularity for my pension!"

"Our finest regards to you!" the twins cheered.

"I'm going to work you to the bone!" Misuzu declared, "Until I make my decision, I will not treat you as guests!"

"Ha ha...sounds like fun..." Haruhi muttered, sulking against Fumika's shoulder.

Fumika just laughed and patted her sister's head. "There-there, Haruhi, there-there."

|| Time Skip ||

"Kyoya-senpai, you're not taking part in the game, are you?" Haruhi asked as she approached him. He was sitting at one of the small tables on the porch, drinking some tea. Fumika was sitting with him, currently on her break.

"No. Even if I did win, it wouldn't do me any good to stay by myself at this pension," Kyoya said before sending Fumika a fake pout, "Alone, with no one to accompany me."

Fumika snorted and tucked some strands of hair behind her ear, "There's only one bed, and it's not very comfortable."

"Then I insist that we stay at my cottage. The bed is of the best quality, and-" Kyoya sent Fumika a smirk, "There's more privacy and no one to interrupt what we might do."

At this, Haruhi turned red and started to splutter, but Fumika, however, continued to sip her tea. She's gone through about 6 months of his teasing and now, she's grown to be unfazed by it.

"That's good because I'm a screamer."

Haruhi's head shot towards Fumika, her eyes wide in shock. "Fumika?!"

Fumika and Kyoya stared at her as Haruhi tried to wrap her head around the fact that Fumika just flirted back--was that flirting? Haruhi wasn't sure.

"U-Um, when you said cottage, did you mean your family's?" Haruhi asked in an attempt to change the subject.

Kyoya nodded, going along with Haruhi's subject change. "Yes, that's right. Everyone has one in the area."

Haruhi scowled, "Then they do have places to stay..."

"So then, about this refreshing contest; who do you think will win, Haruhi?" Kyoya asked. "Shall we bet on it?"

"No thanks," Haruhi declined, "I have no idea."

"No, huh? It's easy to tell from just a glance," Kyoya stated, "First off, Honey-senpai is visually more "cute" than "refreshing," so he's out, right?"

Fumika nodded in agreement before continuing. "Tamaki could be refreshing, but..."

"But that's only if he keeps his big mouth shut," Kyoya finished. "Unfortunately for him, he's too heated up about winning the contest. He's flat-out sweltering. Ordinarily, you'd figure it's Hikaru and Kaoru...However, we have a dark horse."

Fumika and Haruhi followed Kyoya's gaze and saw Mori shirtless, chopping wood.

"So then, it's Mori-senpai?" Haruhi asked.

"It would, but if Honey-senpai drops out, then Mori-senpai will back out, too," Fumika said.

Kyoya nodded, "He's only in this to tag along with him, to begin with, after all."

"Which means..." "...that clinches it for us, all right," the twins said, notifying the three that he and his brother were sitting a few feet away from them.

"...that clinches it for us, all right," Kaoru finished.

"Oh, yeah, a while ago, Fumika pointed out the available room is only a single, so even if you won, both of you couldn't stay," Haruhi told them.

"Oh, that's okay. We'll bring a bed over from our cottage," Hikaru said.

"And even if we don't, we can squeeze ourselves in and sleep together," Kaoru added.

Haruhi smiled and giggled a little. "You two really are always together, aren't you?"

"I suppose," Kaoru agreed.

"We were together when we were born," Hikaru said, "and we've never had any other friends."

"Up until a few years ago, we thought the whole world was made up of nothing but idiots," Kaoru admitted.

"You don't say."

Suddenly, Fumika got up and brought the twins into a group hug, "Well now, you got me and everybody else in the club!"

"Oh? Then, what do you think about the three of us sleeping together?" Kaoru teased.

"What do you think about being murdered by my protective boyfriend?" Fumika countered, playfully tapping Kaoru's cheek before walking back to Kyoya.

Kyoya smirked and pushed up his glasses. "Besides, the contest hasn't been decided yet," he told them. "There are many ways to make this game more interesting."

"Huh? Kyoya-senpai, are you thinking of assisting his highness?" Kaoru asked.

"Even so, we don't intend to lose," Hikaru declared.

Kyoya merely smirked and shrugged.

|| Time Skip ||

"Owner, I'm done fixing the fence!" Tamaki called. Fumika, Haruhi, and Kyoya turned to look at him, and Fumika had to admit, Tamaki looked "refreshing". His work, however... It was about as destroyed as the fourth wall in this book. (IDK why you readers are still trying to fix it...it's like non-existent, now.)

"The finished work is completely unrefreshing," Misuzu sighed, "Minus three points."

"He's trying too frantically to be refreshing," Haruhi commented, "so he's utterly negligent in his work. Is he right in the head?"

"He's never held a job before, you see," Kyoya told her.

The three turned their attentions to the twins, who were playing with the hose.

"Ah, that's cold!" Kaoru cried.

Hikaru laughed, "Sorry, sorry. Look, the watermelon is chilled." He pulled a watermelon out of the tub in front of him. "Let's eat it together with our guests."

Just as they were doing that, two girls just so happened to be walking by.

"Kya!"

"How refreshing!"

Hearing that, Tamaki started to sulk. Kyoya rolled his eyes and made his way over to his blonde friend, Fumika following him.

"I have to make sure I get into Haruhi's official "friends" category!" Tamaki suddenly shouted.

"Before going into how low you set your goals, could you try not to be so melancholy?" Kyoya asked.

Tamaki glared and pouted at his glasses-wearing friend. "Kyoya, can't you understand how I feel, as a father for his daughter?"

"Let me offer you one bit of advice," Kyoya said, looking to the side. "This is a trick that only you can pull off."

Fumika tilted her head and beamed at Tamaki. "Try not to mess up your music, okay?"

Tamaki turned to follow Kyoya's gaze, and his eyes widened when he saw the white grand piano in the lobby.
|| Time Skip ||

"So even with your help, Tamaki still lost to the twins," Fumika said to Kyoya as they, along with Mori and Honey, watched Tamaki sulk.

"It seems so," Kyoya sighed.

|| Time Skip ||

Fumika stood in front of the room the twins were staying in and knocked on the door. "Hikaru? Kaoru? I'm coming in." Not waiting for a response, Fumika opened the door and walked in. "Haruhi told me what happened, so I brought a first-aid kit."

She froze when she saw the twins sitting on the bed. Kaoru was smiling softly at his brother while Hikaru look ed down at his lap, shaking.

Kaoru looked up at her and smiled. "It's just a cut, you didn't have to bring the first-aid kit."

Fumika blinked before realizing that Kaoru was talking about himself. "Oh, but it could still get infected. Let me fix it up."

She knelt on the ground in front of Kaoru and opened the kit. She took out a Q-tip and some disinfectant. Silently, she placed some disinfectant on the Q-tip before rubbing it on Kaoru's cut.

"Congratulations on winning the game, by the way," Fumika said, taking out a bandage. She placed it over Kaoru's cut and sat back. "Haruhi told me what happened, although, risking each other's well-being doesn't seem like something you two would do."

"It was a coincidence," Kaoru admitted, "We were planning on doing another brother's quarrel and then making up."

Fumika frowned and moved so she was sitting in front of Hikaru. "Hikaru? Hikaru, can you look at me, please?"

Shakily, Hikaru lifted his head to look at the brunette in front of him. Fumika smiled at him and gently took Hikaru's hands. "Hello. Do you remember who I am?"

Still shaking, Hikaru managed to nod. "Fumika..."

"Good. Now, can you tell me where you are?"

Kaoru and Fumika watched as Hikaru shakily looked around the room. "Misuzu's pension..."

"That right, and who's next to you?"

Hikaru looked at Kaoru and his eyes widened. "Kaoru," he muttered before pulling Kaoru into a tight hug.

"Hikaru?!" Kaoru exclaimed, confused and surprised.

"Hikaru, it's okay," Fumika said in a soothing voice. "Kaoru is right here, and he's not going anywhere, okay?"

Hikaru weakly nodded. "Okay."

Fumika smiled and stood up, "Okay, well I should probably go-" Before Fumika could take a step away from them, Hikaru's hand shot out and grabbed the hem of her shirt.

"Don't go," Hikaru mumbled. "Stay."

"It's getting late, Hikaru," Fumika said, gently, "I have to go to sleep."

"Sleep with us."

Fumika bit her lip, thinking it over before sighing with a smile. "Okay, but you still have to let me go. I need to go tell Haruhi, Misuzu-chi, Kyoya." After seeing Kaoru's worried face, she quickly added, "Don't worry, Kyoya will understand."

Reluctantly, Hikaru let go of Fumika's shirt, and the girl gave him one last smile before exiting the room.

|| Time Skip ||

True to her word, Fumika returned, wearing some pajamas. Luckily, by the time she returned, Hikaru was feeling better and was almost back to normal. Turning in for the night, the three of them climbed into the bed; Hikaru on the far right, near the window, Kaoru on the far left, and Fumika in the middle. The twins turned on their sides, hugging Fumika and that was their position as they all fell asleep.

.

.

.

But it wasn't their position when they woke up. When Kaoru woke up, he found himself on the floor, his face buried in Fumika's chest, who was also on the floor. The only one not on the floor was Hikaru, who was sleeping where Kaoru had been the previous night, his arm dangling off the bed.

|| Time Skip ||

"I told you, I said I was sorry, didn't I, guys?" Hikaru exclaimed as he, Kaoru, and Fumika walked down the stairs to the dining hall, "I don't remember kicking you guys out of the bed, and I'm sorry you two woke up with Kaoru's face in Fumika's chest. What am I supposed to do?"

"We slept on the cold floor, and now my back hurts," Kaoru complained.

"At least your head had a cushion," Fumika countered, rubbing her chest, "My left boob is sore now because you were sleeping on it."

"Breakfast, please," Hikaru said to Haruhi as he and Kaoru sat down. "I'll have toast with Brest butter and garnet seal syrup."

"Also, bacon and eggs, and I'll take some Beasley cereal," Kaoru added. "The kind with the dried fruit in it. After that-"

"Yeah, we don't have that, so all you're getting is bacon and eggs," Fumika told them, rolling her eyes as she walked into the kitchen.

After putting on an apron, Fumika pulled out pots, pans, and the ingredients to make the different foods that Misuzu's pension servers.

Just as she finished making the twins' breakfasts, she heard the bell of the front door ring and a male voice call out "'lo! Arai Produce!"

She could hear the mumbles of the male and Misuzu having a conversation before Misuzu shouted, "My, how refreshing!"

Wanting to see what Misuzu was fussing over, Fumika poked her head out the kitchen doorway. She saw Haruhi approach the male just as his hat dropped.

"Eh? Haruhi? Fujioka Haruhi?"

Fumika's eyes widened when she saw the boy. Recognizing him, she quickly retreated back into the kitchen, leaning against the wall.

"Arai-kun!" she heard Haruhi gasp.

'So it is him, Fumika thought, Katsuo Arai. My first love.'

A/N: Oh my god! I finally did it! I finally updated, hooray! Anyways, so school is fucking killing me! (I have cursed in my author notes yet?) Like school ends in 2 weeks, TWO WEEKS, and teachers are still giving me fucking projects and tests, all due at the same time! Like, bitch, you're not the only important class I have. The projects they give me would take me at least a month for me to do, and how much time do they give me? ONE goddamn WEEK! I want to fucking die! To make matters worse, I'm going to be a Junior (11th grade) next year, which means SATs! So my parents are making me go to this Elite Prep school (in Fairfax) to prep for my SATs. I have to go there everyday for the ENTIRE summer! And I also have to go on campus tours. I wanna go to the University of Maryland, College Park, and major in Criminology/Criminal Justice and/or Psychology, but my parents want me to go to George Mason because it's close to home and it's practically a guarantee that I'd get in. So, pretty much, I'm not gonna have as much time to work on this story as I wanted to (or barely any time, tbh). Sorry. (Also I just realized, I kinda told the world where I live, but I also didn't cause I don't live in Fairfax. Hehe). Anyways, sorry for the rant, and hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter.

-SingingGeekyBookWorm-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 6.7K 34
Tokimatsu Kazumi didn't have many friends at Ouran. As a Third Year, she didn't care about the majority of the things the other girls fawned about...
464K 16.8K 65
❝ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐔𝐍𝐙𝐄𝐋 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓- ❞ ∘◦ ♡ ༉━━━ We all have been told this tale ever since we were little - the stor...
12.9K 328 49
A slow-burn romance fanfic in where: The new student of Ouran Academy, (Y/N), finds out about the infamous Host Club after an awkward run-in with the...
290K 10.3K 36
*#1 in #kaoru* Azami Fujioka arrived at Ouran Academy with her younger sister, Haruhi, on a scholarship in hopes to get a better education. She was s...