Where the Heart Lies

By YolieB

Overworked, underappreciated and seriously lacking in the love/sex department. That was Rachelle's life until... More

Prologue
If you say LOVE one more time....
Its not Blackmail :)
Mr. Magnificent
You didn't woo anyone, who didn't want to be wooed....
You've got quite a grip there...
'Sweet Kiss'
"....Bitch..You ain't got the balls."
Ross and Rachelle together again!
"Why don't you show me Princess."
"You're the Boss."
Surprise!
The Bet
"Damn skippy...you're parked in my spot!"
The Dance of Lovers
Can you say..." What an A**hole"
The Decision is made....
Author's note
Mr. Moore
Love Hurts...
Let's be Friends
Things were going so well...
Screwed!
Call me pathetic...
Move to New York??
"Someone's in a hurry..."
Strawberries and Champagne Pt.1
Strawberries and Champagne Pt. 2
Looks can be deceiving
"How convenient..."
Author Note: NO LONGER ON HOLD
Do your job!
Check it out
White Picket Fences

The plot thickens.....

77 2 0
By YolieB

A/N 

So I'm not sure if im doing a good job so far- i hope i am. This chapter is going to focus a little bit on Ross's back ground and majoirty will be in Eric's POV. Its really hard to think like a man-but im trying hard :D

Anyways VOTE, FAN or Comment please!!!

Yolie X

 ____________________________________________________________________________

                                                                             Eric's POV

What the hell was she doing there-and her and Ross together. Seeing them there holding hands, really fucking pissed me off. I made a fist and slammed it against the dashboard. 

“Everything ok Eric?” Smith asked beside me as he drove.

“No-Smith, clearly everything is not ok. This is a mess, and nothing seems to be going right.” 

“We didn’t loose much tonight, we just need to reschedule.”

“You have no idea Smith, I wanted to be done with this tonight.”

“But that’s not why your so angry is it?” Smith turned to look at me.

“What are you getting at Smith?” I furrowed my brows at him.-

“That girl, Rachelle. She’s the reason why you’re so upset.” He was right but he shouldn’t be, because Rachelle should not affect me so much. 

“I understand, you like her and you want to be able to have a normal life with her-and then to find out she’s right in the middle of what you don’t want her to be involved in.” 

“You couldn’t possibly…” I began to say

“Yes, I can. Look my advice is to stay away this shit never ends well for anyone. But I have a feeling its too late for that.”

I hated the fact that everything he was saying was true-I was falling for this girl, I wanted her for myself-mine, and seeing her there with him. 

“Oh before I forget-Ross and her are not together.”

“How would you know that?” I asked feeling a glimmer of hope from all this shit this night has brought. 

“Really? the way she looks at you, trust me there is no mistaking it-she likes you. And also I Ross he’s not the type to go for older women.”

This was becoming too much, I needed to talk to DC- I needed his advice, before I make my next move. 

                                                                                     *****

The next morning, I spoke to DC- though I wanted his advice- it didn’t improve my mood one bit-if anything it only deepened my depression. 

“What did he have to say?” Lee asked as I left my office. “Was he helpful?” Lee pressed. 

“He just told me to end it-before anything got serious.”

“Is that what you want to do?”

“Lee, if I knew what I wanted to do-I wouldn’t be seeking advice.” I snapped at Lee.

“Don’t bring that in here young man- I may not be your father, but I wont take kind to that kind of attitude here.”

He was right, I was angry at myself. I called her that day, I invited her to dinner-I didn’t act like a man who was not interested or even in a position to pursue a relationship of any kind. But still that did not stop me. 

“Honestly man, I don’t see what the problem is. You obviously love the girl-get over it. Its too late to change it now. All you can do now, is go to her and tell her-so you know how she feels.” 

“Yes, but look at my situation Lee. This is not the way to have a solid relationship.”

“No, its not. But this one is not like that-she’s strong, a fighter-don’t underestimate her. They don’t come like that anymore. I know if she feels the same she will understand with time.” 

He was right she was not the norm for sure. Beautiful and sexy, although she plays it off-I can tell there is wildcat underneath that shy-reserved exterior she wears daily. Every time I see her all I feel to do is touch her, I would settle for just holding her hand at this point. A perfect, curvaceous body packed into her 5’7 frame, wavy dark brown hair-definitely a good blend of genes. Those dark brown eyes do nothing to make these feelings any better-and those full lips always in the perfect pout, but when she smiles they look even more delectable. 

“Damn it-get a hold of yourself man.” I cursed myself-as I reached for a bottled water from the fridge. Max rang my phone and let me know that the meeting with the buyers representative was set and we needed to see them ASAP. I grabbed my coat and made my way down to the parking garage.

                                                             Rachelle POV

We strolled out of the car with high heels in hand, and my body completely drained of any life. But my bed so far out of reach at the moment. I needed to talk to Ross, and I wasn’t about to it off any longer. As stepped in I threw my keys in the crystal bowl I keep on the table in the foyer. I told Ross to go get a shower and I’ll put something for him to sleep in, in his room. His room-and would be his room as long as he’ll need one. 

“So what now?” Ella asked as we sat on the couch.

“I don’t know. I didn’t plan this.”

“Can you trust him? I mean how long of you known him.”

“Not long…and never have I met another person that I can feel more safe around. I mean there’s you LaLa but its different with him.”

“Wait, are you in love with him? What about Caleb?”

“No it’s not like that-I mean I care for him a lot but like a brother you know. I can’t explain it LaLa-you know its like you said when you just love someone you just do-you cant control it.” I didn’t realize how true those words were for me and not only between Ross and I. There was no doubt I was seriously falling for this guy, I groan inwardly-’How could I have been so stupid-allowing this to happen.’ I thought.

“I trust you Rach- I’m not sure about him but you have faith him so I’ll give him a chance-for you.” 

“Thanks” Ross said with a towel around his waist showing way too much muscles and skin.

“Put some clothes on! We’re not running a Full Monty show here.” I shouted.

“Wait maybe we are.” Ella said with a huge grin on her face. “Ok so maybe he’s not all bad-I could live like this for a while.” 

“You can live like this?” I asked

“You think I’m letting you leave me alone with all this craziness going on-hell no! I need you to protect me.”

“Wow-feeling the love.” 

“I know-huh. Anyways I’m done with the excitement for tonight-I’ll be in my room. See Ya in the morning.” she said as she left the room and threw fully-dressed Ross a wink. 

“ Please excuse her-I’m working on her people skills.”

“It’s kool-she’s cute.”

“No!! Don’t even think about it-if you both gonna be here-none of that besides-I really care about you two-so if something goes wrong between you two.”

“Don’t worry-hands off I got it.”

“So we gonna talk about earlier?”

“ Are we?”

“Look I’m letting you into my home-and I know nothing about you-so far I’ve been going completely on faith and my gut. But now I’m gonna need a little bit more.”

“Ok. It was about a year ago, I was out celebrating with my sister I just graduated from college and I told my dad that me and Sarah were just gonna meet some friends at a party and chill out. She was 17 but she was my little sister I wanted her to be there with me. We got there and things were going cool until she decided to make some new friends-she got a little flirty with one the guys. I hated the idea but I didn’t want to attack her and drag her home that would have spoiled the night for everyone. God I was so selfish back then”

“She’s young-bad boys are always appealing.” I said while thinking about how I wished we did grow out of it.

“Yeah, but I should have been there, paid more attention to what was going on. I was ready to leave-and I couldn’t find her. She came with a friend of hers, who another friend told me that they left already. She was spending the night by her friend’s place so I didn’t expect to see her for the rest of the night.“ He voice was starting to crack as he was reliving all this for my ears. “ I didn’t protect her.” I could see he was really hurting as the tears began to flow along his now flushed cheeks-I didn’t want to ask what happened next but still I needed to know. 

“What happened next?”

“She was missing for three days until they found her body in a dumpster.” 

I didn’t know what to say-to loose your sister in such a violent way, what could anyone say-all I could do was hold his hand. It wasn’t until he handed me a tissue I realized I was crying also.

“Thanks.” I took the tissue and dried my eyes. “Did they ever find whoever?”

“No and that’s why I’m here now. But I wasn’t gonna just go in there not prepared-I found Zane he trained me and then I met a few people who could help me get in with the right people. I can vaguely remember what the looked that she was hanging around-but if I saw him again I would know.” his anger started to burn through his tears. 

“That’s not a good idea Ross-these are dangerous people you could get hurt.”

“You know a better idea to get to this guy or find him?”

“No but this can’t be the only way.”

“Well I do what I have to.” 

“Ok I get it-and you have all right to avenge your sister’s death-but I want you to think about this. Sarah-what would make her happy-her brother putting himself in danger and possibly getting himself killed over something that wasn’t his fault and couldn’t control-or her brother going to University and starting a life for himself-a happy one.”

“Don’t you think I know that and I’ve tried but no one wants to deal with my troubles from the past. I tried going to school but that wasn’t working out either. Our dad blamed me and chose not to speak to me again.”

“Its never too late to fix things.”

“I appreciate all this Rach but truth is you don’t know and I cant give up.”

“Ok lets make a deal. I wont stop you-but you gotta promise to be more careful and you gotta try to get back into school too.” 

“Those things are just distractions.”

“Please Ross-I don’t like where this is going for you-if you can manage to get what needs to be done-done and still make it out with a life for yourself-then give yourself a chance please.”

“Ok Rach-I’ll apply if I get in-I’ll give it a shot.”

“Thanks.” I said with a huge smile on my face,

“Oh….come here-you know your really cute sometimes.” he said while hugging me.

“I’ve been told before.” I replied.

We said our goodnights and I retreated to my bedroom-I didn’t feel like doing my usual before bed routine-I just wanted to sleep and wake up hoping to have all the answers. 

                              ******

“Hmm..mm.. dat bwoy can cook.” Ella said while stuffing her face.

“Please Ella we have guests.” I handed her a napkin.

“Please, he’s no guest-you said he’s like family right-so we’re all family and I can eat how ever I want.”

We did look like a little family-not ideal but I’ve seen worse. A message came in on my phone-so I got up from the breakfast counter to read it-I figured it was Caleb asking how last night went, where would I begin with that. 

Hi-I hope you made it home ok. I need to see you,today. Can you meet me at the                 Carnival for 2pm. I understand if you choose not to but I hope you do. 

Eric.

 Looks like I might have some answers sooner that I expected. I know I shouldn’t go-but there was just a pull to Eric that I could not explain, and I knew he felt it too. I had to go and see him-if not for me at least for Ross maybe there was something I could do for him. 

“Hey guys I have to go into the office for a bit.”

“On a Sunday?” Ross asked

“She’s a workaholic-don’t worry you’ll learn.” Ella said while holding out her plate. “I’ll have the rest of her share. Thank you.” 

“I wont be long-I just have to make sure some things are in order-you know Dubai stuff.” 

“Yeah Yeah just go-we’ll be fine here.” Ella fanned me off. I guess I should be happy Ross’s cooking was so good, for it distracted Ella therefore giving me the chance to get away. I took one more bite of bacon and practically ran up the stairs to get ready- Wait a minute--is this a date?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46 20 15
Elaura had lived the last five years of her life in pain. After breaking up with her boyfriend and losing her family under one night because of her b...
5M 147K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
347 17 15
Alan and Isabel must work together to trap a common but very dangerous enemy. How complicated can things get when feelings start to arise? War, dange...
1.2K 463 47
**NOT FOR SENSITIVE READERS! A story about how love stumbled across Adelynn Brooks' life. Being a fashion designer is great with all the glamour and...