Princess of the Rogues

By ChloePJ

Jennifer's life has never been easy. She has never had a childhood to call her own. Her father is a vile, evi... More

Princess of the Rogues
Chapter 1: Giving Up
Scarred for Life
Just Another Day
My Worst Nightmare
What Have I Done
If things couldn't get any worse!
A Twist of Fate
Taking a Risk
Here goes Nothing
Meeting the Alpha
When others decide your Future
Revealing the Truth
Just Another Eventful Day
It was bound to Happen
A Different Light?
The Message
A Dream or Reality
This is my Life
Things can Never be Simple
Sorting out my Problems
Going Back to Hell
Hell
I didn't see that Coming
Two Sides to a Story
History is Written by the Victors
The Aftermath
Seeing the Light
Starting to Recover
The Beginning Of Recovery
Author Note
Discussion
A Similar Situation
Not A Happy Ending
Leaving the ones you Love
Another Point Of View
Living Life Alone?
Life's Purpose
Solitude
Perfect Christmas
Waiting to be Judged
Guilty or not-guilty?
Decisions
Taking Responsibility
Author Note
Question and Answer
Forever
Epilogue

Getting Back Up

16.6K 574 73
By ChloePJ

Hey everyone.

60,000 reads!!!! Like WOW!

It is my birthday today as well. (March 12th if you read this later).

So I thought I would treat you to this.

I remember saying ages ago that I only had a few chapters left but I have added at least four extra so we will see when this finishes.

Thank you again.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Fact Eleven: I am a bit of a Space and the Universe Nerd. I love all of this astronomy thing. I find it so interesting, it is amazing to learn and read about.

Chapter 37

                Jen’s POV

                I looked into Xander’s eyes and once again I finally felt complete. His face was covered in shock but I soon saw his dazzling smile stretch across his face. I sat up and didn’t say another word. I just looked at Xander and smiled. I felt a tear of happiness run down my cheek. He cupped my face between his hands as the tingles erupted through my body making me shiver in delight.

                His thumbs ran back and forth across my cheek ever so delicately just caressing my face softly. I could see his eyes fill with tears. It broke my heart. I had tried to do the right thing but it hurt him. Any option would have hurt him but I thought by me running it would be the best for everyone. I guess it wasn’t.

                “I am so sorry, Xander. I had to do what was right. I wasn’t going to let myself be executed and then you die in the process. I wasn’t going to let the pack fight a war on my behalf. This was the only way I saw how. I am sorry. I did this because I love you. Please understand that,” I begged, as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

                I looked into Xander’s hazel eyes trying to understand his emotions. I couldn’t make them out. His eyes were swirling with so many intense emotions and it was all because of me. I looked down in shame. I had hurt my mate in the process of trying to save him and his pack. He remained silent and that was what scared me the most. He wasn’t speaking to me.

                I had I hurt him so bad that he hated me. Had I broke him? This was all my fault. I was trying so hard to protect the ones that I loved and now they hated me. Xander hated me, didn’t he? I felt like breaking down. The tears began to flow freely.

                I felt Xander tip my chin up so I was now looking at him. His eyes were full of tears and hurt. He then did something totally unexpected. He crashed his lips against mine. I was shocked at first and it took me a second to respond. I wrapped my arms around Xander’s neck and tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him as close to me as possible.

                I needed him to be as close to me as possible. I craved it. It made me feel so happy and so complete. This is what I really needed. Xander right next to me and in my arms was the cure to all of my problems. I deserved happiness. I was going to fight for that. Xander was willing to fight and so was I. I wasn’t going to let anything happen to us. I would fight for us to my last dying breath.

                The kiss was full of so much passion, want and need. It was perfect. I groaned lightly into the kiss, making Xander press me back into the bed as he climbed on top of me. He pressed his body into mine and I felt his hands roam down to my waist and he held me delicately before moving his hand under the edge of my shirt. I gasped at his touch. His fingers danced tenderly over scars on my stomach but it didn’t bother me. It felt oh so good.

                His kisses traced down from my lips and across my jaw before he pulled away to look at me intensely.

                “Don’t be sorry. I know why you did it. I thought I lost you. When you came back… I- I saw you and thought you were dead but you are here and alive. I love you so much Jennifer Turner. Never ever forget that,” Xander spoke, with such love and compassion.

                He then placed a kiss on my jaw and sighed. He began to dot kisses down my jaw and my neck making me laugh slightly. I faintly heard him murmur under his breath in between the kisses.

                “Beautiful.” Kiss. “Gorgeous.” Kiss. “Brave.” Kiss. “Kind-hearted.” Kiss.

                He stopped and placed himself next to me on the bed and pulled me to him hugging me close. He buried his head in my hair and I felt him smile into it.

                “I am never going to let you go. We will get through this. We have made it through worse,” Xander promised.

                “I know we will. I will never leave you again. I love you Xander,” I sighed hugging him to me…

                I woke up in the morning so happy. I was literally beaming on the inside. He was making me feel so at ease. I loved feeling like this. I love the security and the safety in which just being near him made me feel. I couldn’t give this up. I had always tried to be selfless and do the right thing but you know what? Screw it! Screw it all! I was going to be selfish and I was going to stay with my mate no matter the problems it would cause.

                Xander’s arm was draped over my waist and he was snuggled into my back. It felt so right. It felt natural. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I wriggled around so that I was now facing him. He stirred lightly before falling back asleep. I looked over his sleeping form. His hair was messy and splayed in all directions. It was the most adorable sight I had ever seen.

                I moved a stand of hair out of his face before peppering a kiss onto the tip of his nose. I watched him stir before I did it again. He stirred from his sleep and groggily opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled.

                “Morning,” He spoke, before rubbing his eyes.

                “Morning,” I replied, happily.

                “I think it is time we told one of the doctors that you were awake,” Xander explained.

                “I guess so too,” I replied.

                Xander climbed from the bed and straightened out his pyjamas. He smiled at me and kissed my lightly on the forehead before leaving the room. I stretched out my limbs and looked to the cabinet beside me. I pulled open the draw and found a hair bobble. I quickly pulled my hair back into a bobble just to keep it off of my face.

                A couple of minutes later the door opened and Xander walked in followed by a doctor who looked slightly flustered. They obviously didn’t expect me to be awake yet. I nearly laughed at the shocked look on the doctor’s face.

                “May I check you over?” the doctor asked.

                I nodded in reply. He walked over me and first checked my heart beat and my breathing before concluding that I was fine. He then shone a torch in my eye before saying that was fine. He checked my reflexes but quickly deduced that I was perfectly fit and healthy.

                “You seem fine. There are no injuries from your previous state so I would suggest just to take it easy and no unnecessary stress. Not being rude but we don’t want to see you back in the medical wing again,” The doctor joked.

                “Don’t worry. I will try to stay out of trouble,” I laughed.

                The doctor smiled before nodding at Xander and leaving the room. Xander came over to me and sat on the edge of the bed.

                “Are you ready to get back up to our quarters and get yourself sorted? But you aren’t going to do anything. It is Christmas soon and we will worry about the council afterwards, ok?” Xander spoke.

                “Ok. I will rest. I have never celebrated Christmas so that will be a first and when is the council hearing?”  I asked.

                “It is on the 1st of January and we will make sure you have a good Christmas,” Xander replied, smiling.

                “Sounds like a plan,” I smiled back.

                “Aren’t you worried?” Xander asked, looking at me curiously.

                “No. I have been through worse than some stuck up Alpha’s that won’t wait for the truth. I will just have to keep fighting,” I replied, honestly, “Anyway, can I get out of here? I am sick of hospital rooms. I end up here far too often.”

                “Come on then. Let’s go,” Xander smiled.

                I pushed myself to the edge of the bed and swung my legs over the edge. Xander stood in front of me and held out his hands to which I placed mine in his. I placed myself on the floor but I was slightly unsteady and fell into him.

                “Falling for me again, sweetheart?” He chuckled.

                “Don’t be so cliché,” I scolded slapping him on the chest.

                He laughed and steadied me before supporting me. We walked towards the door and Xander opened it for me. We stepped out into the corridor and began walking ahead. The doctors and nurses smiled happily as Xander helped me by. We had barely made it into the final corridor of the medical wing before the door burst open and Michael rushed through nearly crashing into Xander and I.

                He stopped and looked at me before the biggest smile stretched across his face. He pulled me into a huge bone crushing hug before placing back into Xander’s arms. I laughed slightly breathlessly.

                “I swear if you make me panic over your life one more time, I will not know how to cope. Stop doing this to us, Jen. You know we would fight for you,” Michael scolded.

                “Sorry. I was trying to do the right thing,” I replied, sheepishly.

                “Just stop making me nearly have a heart attack. You are my friend and I care for you,” Michael spoke.

                “Calm down, Michael. Breathe. Take a chill pill,” Xander laughed.

                Michael laughed too. I ended up spending the rest of the day chilling in bed with Xander by my side most of the time. I began to move around and recover but slowly I was regaining my composure and I now had something to look forward to. Christmas!

                I had never celebrated it before but I was already loving it. The decorations were all over the pack house. Snow had begun to fall outside which was beautiful. The pack house was literally buzzing. I was stronger and stronger as the days went by and people were so happy to have me back. I was becoming a thorough part of the pack. They were already seeing me as their Luna.

                It was currently Christmas Eve and I was like a little child. I was so excited. I had never celebrated Christmas before so this was all so exciting and new. There was a Christmas Eve party tonight and the whole pack was going. There was going to be food and music and everyone was dressing up.

                I was currently in the main hall, sorting out the last of the preparations. The hall was decorated in white and blue fairy lights and tinsel was hanging from the ceiling. The huge Christmas tree stood proudly in the corner of the room which had beautifully decorated by the pack children which was so cute and adorable.

                “Luna. Do these taste ok?” One of the women who was helping to cook.

                I tasted the food she had on a silver platter. I smiled and nodded my head. It tasted gorgeous.

                “Perfect!” I smiled.

                The woman laughed and walked away to finish the last preparation off. We had about two and a half hours before the party began. I smiled in satisfaction as I looked around. I grabbed a bag of fake snow and walked over to the tables that rounded the dance floor. I sprinkled it across the top of the tables. I hummed along happily as I walked by each table sprinkling more and more of the fake snow over the top.

                I had not been this happy in a long time. This was perfect. I had just made it round to the last table and my humming had changed into singing. I can’t recall what song it was but I always remembered it. I don’t know if I was any good. I just knew I was a fairly high pitched singer if I was to be classed probably a soprano. (A/N. Although Alto’s are the best. Yes, I am an alto singer :D)

                I noticed his presence for the first time then. I turned around and saw Xander leaning against the door frame. His arms were folded across his chest and he was smiling at me. He had heard me singing. I blushed instantly and turned away.

                “Never knew you could sing,” Xander smiled as I turned to look at him again.

                “I don’t know if that can be classed as singing,” I smiled, walking towards Xander.

                “I think it can,” Xander laughed, walking towards me.

                We met and Xander took hold of my waist pulling me to him. I laughed in response and pressed my hands to his chest.

                “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?” Xander asked.

                “Of course. I feel like a kid. This is amazing. This is my first Christmas,” I smiled, tracing my fingers along the edge of Xander’s chest and over his collarbone which made him shudder lightly in pleasure.

                “I am glad you are enjoying it,” He smiled, using one hand to pull my chin up to look at him.

                His face came closer to mine until our lips touched. It was so soft and delicate. I was so happy. I groaned in response which made Xander smile into the kiss. My hands slowly trailed up his chest and wrapped around his neck. One hand remained on the back of his neck while my other hand went up to tangle within his hair.

                He quickly embraced me more passionately and I moaned into the kiss. I felt him smile in response so I lightly tugged on his hair earning a groan to come from him too. I smiled at that which made Xander chuckle.

                “Jeez, love birds. You do know you only have two and a bit hours before the party,” Michael scolded.

                Xander and I broke apart. I blushed furiously and kept my head down which made Xander and Michael laugh in response. Xander kept me close to him and had me in his arms. Our relationship had been like this ever since I had woken up. I wasn’t letting anything get between Xander and I. We had never been closer.

                I had told him of my time while asleep. I told him how I felt and for the first time I spoke to him of my capture and torture. He held me while I cried. He soothed me while I slept. I told him of some events. Not everything but most things. He had a better understanding just as I did of Xander. He told me things too. He spoke of Jamie and his family and of while I was in a coma.

                We had never been closer and I loved it. This is everything I had ever wanted.

                “Alright Michael. We are going to get changed ready for the party. Can you make sure the last of the prep is sorted?” Xander asked Michael.

                Just as Michael was about to reply, Julia walked into the hall already dressed in her party outfit with Molly following just behind her.

                “We’ve got this, kids. You have all been working hard. Get yourselves sorted,” Julia smiled.

                “Thanks Julia,” I said, pulling Xander after me.

                “No problem, sweetie,” Julia replied before walking further into the hall.

                Julia had gotten better. She had finally come to accept the situation with her child and she was coping. She was now fine with me and treated me like her own child. She never once showed resentment towards me. She loved me and that is all that mattered.

                Xander and I walked out of the door. Michael left to find his mate and get ready before he said he would meet us again. Xander walked hand in hand up to our room where we both took our time getting ready. I showered and blow dried my hair before braiding my hair into an intricate side bun. Two small strands of hair curled down either side of my face to frame it.

                My eyes were bright and sparkling their beautiful blue colour. It was nice because my dress nearly matched the colour of my eyes. Once I was happy with my hair I pulled on my underwear and walked over to the closet. I went to the back where my outfit had been laid out. I grabbed the silver heels and the light blue dress.

                I placed it on and pulled the heels on. I added my locket and some silver heels. The dress fitted to just under the bust which had a silver pattern to the right hand side. The material was flowing and flowed straight to the floor. There was a single strap running from my left shoulder to the right side of my back. It was encrusted with silver gems. It was gorgeous.

                I took one last look in the mirror when Xander walked out of the bathroom. His hair was dry and perfectly styled. That wasn’t the thing I noticed. All he had was a towel wrapped around his waist. I blushed and looked away. I heard him chuckle.

                “Do I make you nervous?” Xander teased, as I heard him step closer to me.

                “Xander, go get changed please,” I pleaded, as I felt Anna at the surface ready to pounce on him.

                “What if I already am?” he growled, placing his hands on my waist and turning me to face him so my hands were now pressed against his bare chest.

                “X-Xander. P-please,” I whispered in response as I felt my eyes flicker black.

                He smirked and walked into the closet to get into his suit. I sighed in relief as Anna finally retreated to the back of my mind. I needed to control myself. Eventually, he came out dressed in his black fitted suit. He was currently trying to do his tie so I walked up to him and placed my hands over his before finally doing his tie.

                He smiled at this and once I was done he placed his hands on my waist and leant forward so his mouth was beside my ear. I felt his warm breath against my neck making me shudder in response.

                “You look beautiful,” He whispered.

                “Don’t look too bad yourself,” I teased which made Xander laugh.

                He hooked his arm through mine and we headed towards the door.

                “The party awaits,” He smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
341 10 11
Ebony has led a difficult life on her own as a rogue. On her mission to escape the burden of packs, she get ironically caught up with a pack. The Alp...
52.3K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
87.1K 2.4K 20
Anna is on the run from her abusive father. She runs into her mate Matt and she at first, wants nothing to do with him. She tries to flee from him se...