Be My Superman (A Louis Tomli...

By _between_the_lines

Joslynn is best friends with Louis Tomlinson, and always has been. She's also become best friends with the re... More

Be My Superman (One Direction FanFic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
PLAYLIST
DON'T FREAK OUT.

Chapter 2

44.5K 643 491
By _between_the_lines

I woke up to the loud beeping of my alarm clock as it read 6:00 AM. I groaned and turned to my side, only to see Louis starting to stir.

Oh, yeah, that's right. He broke into my house last night. That wasn't a dream.

"Turn it off!" Louis groaned into the pillow.

I giggled a bit and got up, turning off the alarm. Louis lifted his head up and opened his eyes and looked at me with the most adorable bed head ever. Wait, what? No. Not adorable.

I giggled and said, "Morning, Lou."

He looked at me like he was really confused, only to just fall straight back onto his pillow and fall asleep again. Yep, that's my Lou.

I went straight into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stripped down and got in, letting the hot water pour down on my bare body.

After about twenty minutes in the shower, I stepped out, wrapping a baby blue towel around my wet body. I stepped out of the bathroom, only to see Louis sitting up in bed. He looked at me as if it were an everyday thing to see me in a towel, though he also looked exhausted and very confused, and said, "Do you have any orange juice?"

I rolled my eyes and said, "Lou. It's hardly even light outside. You're exhausted. Go back to sleep. You don't know what you're saying. You can have orange juice when you wake up again."

Lou just stared at me and then obeyed, laying back down and falling back to sleep. I smirked and then went and grabbed some clothes to wear to school today. I went and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, a red and white striped over sized top, and black Toms.

After changing, I went and blow dried my hair and put a brush through it. Afterwards, I then proceeded to apply some mascara and some lip gloss. I wasn't big for makeup. I used to be, but Louis just sort of took it and kept it and made sure that I didn't buy any more. Now, I only wear mascara and lip gloss, realizing that I look better without the whole thing.

By 7:00, I was downstairs and ready for whatever the day had to throw at me. I went over to our long, wooden dining table to see Liam and my mom sitting down drinking coffee. I walked over to my mom and gave her a kiss on the cheek and then said good morning.

I then went over to Liam and ruffled his hair. "Morning, LiLi," I said.

"Morning, Jos," he said.

"What are you doing up so early?" I asked Liam as I went over and made me some bread with Nutella.

"Niall and Harry fell asleep on the floor of my room last night and they were both sleep talking. So, as expected, it woke me up and I couldn't quite get back into the rhythm of sleeping," said Liam.

I laughed a bit and said, "I'm sorry." The poor thing was already suffering from jetlag, now his bandmates were being buttholes, as per usual. "My room is availiable any time you need a Narry-free room," I smiled. 

Liam smiled and replied with a "Thanks" and continued to drink his coffee.

After I made my bread with Nutella, I joined my mom and Liam at the table as we continued to talk about exams and school and other stressful topics. Though I would have to face them sooner or later, I much rather face them later. As I finished up my breakfast, I grabbed my white and green polka dotted backpack from the back of my chair and lifted it onto my back.

"It's about time for me to go," I said.

"Alright, see you later, sweetie," my mom said as I went to give her another kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want me to drive you?" Liam asked.

I looked at him and said, "You can't drive, Liam."

He then said with a smile, "Don't worry, no one has to find out."

My mom didn't seem to care and I just looked at him in disbelief and said, "Whoa, now. Daddy Direction is breaking the rules! But really, I can drive myself."

Liam just shrugged his shoulders and said, "I can be bad once in a while. Plus, I'm sure your school isn't too far away. There's also the fact that I want to spend time with you, and what better bonding time than on the way to school?"

I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Okay. But, if you get pulled over and you don't have a license to give to the officer, I'm not the one bailing you out of jail."

Liam just rolled his eyes at my comment and said, "Come on."

"THE JAILS CAN BE TOUGH, LIAM," I exlaimed, making my mom laugh. 

"Oh shush; we'll be fine. Now, come on," Liam said, trying to usher me toward the door.

"You're going in pajamas?" I asked him.

"I don't think anyone is going to care...or notice," he said.

I laughed a bit and said, "Okay,  you pajama-wearing-rebel, let's go." I then handed him my car keys; heaven knows why.

"Be careful!" my mom called after us as we left the house.

"We will!" Liam yelled as I, at the same time, yelled, "No promises!"

We then closed the door despite my mom's suddenly fearful look. She'll get over it. 

On the drive to school, I just talked to Liam about prom and all of the drama going on at school. It was basically what I was talking to Louis about last night.

"Nice job, Liam. We didn't get caught. Now you just have to make it back," I said, winking, as we pulled up to the school.

Liam rolled his eyes and said, "One of us boys will pick you up...don't be surprised if one of them doesn't have a license."

I just laughed while getting out of the car and said, "Bye, LiLi."

"Bye, Jos!" he replied with a smile, proceeding to driving off in my black Prius. Right after, I looked around me, thankful no one noticed Liam Payne illegally dropped me off at school in his pajamas.

As I headed towards my locker, someone jumped on my back. "HOLY CRAP!" I screamed, turning around, only to see one of my best friends, Jacqueline. "JACQUELINE!" I screamed.

She just giggled and said, "Goooood morning!"

"You scared me!" I said, turning to open my tall locker.

The bubbly girl just laughed and said, "That was the point!"

Jacqueline was extremely bubbly and everyone loved her. She just made everyone in the room happy because of her attitude towards everything. Jacqueline had cocoa colored skin, brown eyes, and black hair. Jacqueline was Italian. She was born in Florence, but moved to the US as a baby. She didn't have an Italian accent or could speak any Italian, but she looked Italian. However, her parents did have an accent and could speak the language. I thought that was pretty cool.

I know that Jacqueline isn't exactly an Italian name, but her parents decided to give her a non-Italian name.

"So...WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THE BOYS WHERE HOME?!" She screamed.

"Well, in order for you to have been told, I would have had to been told," I said.

"What do you mean?" she asked, confused.

"They broke into my house last night, slept in my house, and ate my food," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"...Why does this not surprise me at all?" asked Jacqueline.

"It didn't surprise any of us. But they came home to surprise me and I didn't find out until last night. I didn't really tell anyone. I'm guessing you watched their TwitCam?" I asked as I closed my locker.

"You bet I did! And oh...well, I want to see them! Especially Harry! How is he?" Jacqueline asked excitedly.

I laughed and said, "They're all great, and I'm sure that they're going to want to see you, too. Especially Harry."

Jacqueline has had this crush on Harry ever since she met him a year and a half ago, and he sort of has a crush on her, too. It's actually really cute.

"Yay! Okay! I'm going to come over tomorrow so that I can see them!" she said excitedly.

I laughed and said, "Alright. Well, I have to get to class. Talk to you in a bit?"

"For sure!" she said, running off in the opposite direction. That girl...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, it was finally time for lunch. I had just finished fourth period, and I was off to eat. I headed straight to my locker to see Jacqueline standing there on her iPhone, waiting for me. I quickly put my books away and grabbed my backpack and headed towards the cafeteria.

We were turning the corner talking when all of the sudden the bathroom door swung open right in front of us. Out of all people, the five most idiotic man-children I knew walked out. Once we made eye contact, Louis' eyes lit up and he said, "Oh, uh, surprise I guess!" 

I saw some other people looking and pointing, probably because One Direction was in the bathroom doorway. Some people passed by without a glance; either meaning they didn't care for the band or they live in rich enough neighborhoods to see celebrities regularly. 

Before I could say anything, Jacqueline squealed and Harry screamed, "Jaqueline!" and ran towards her and pulling her into a huge hug.

"Harry!" she screamed back.

To play along, Louis yelled, "LIAM!"

Liam yelled, "ZAYN!"

Zayn yelled, "JOSLYNN!"

I just stood there in amusement, not saying anything. Niall looked around awkwardly and finally screamed, "NIALL!" and hugged himself. Oh, Niall.

"Ha-Ha, very funny, guys," said Harry.

We all just laughed and headed towards the cafeteria, Louis walking by my side. "So, what are you idiots doing here?" I asked, looking up at him.

He shrugged his shoulders and said, "We were hungry, so we ate most of your food, and then we were still hungry, had no money, and we wanted to see you, so we came here to get free food AND see you."

"It was my idea!" said Niall.

I just shook my head in amusement as I leaned my head against Louis' side, him wrapping his arm around my waist. "That still doesn't explain as to why you were in my school's bathroom."

"Niall has a tiny bladder," Zayn piped up, earning a playful hit from Niall. 

"Did you get your orange juice?" I asked Louis in amusement, wondering if he remembered what had happened this morning.

He looked at me confused at first, but then seemed to remember. He nodded his head very fast with a cheeky grin plastered on his face like a little child.

Oh, Louis. How I love you.

We walked into the cafeteria and went and got some pizza and soda; the only appetizing thing that they were serving today. We all sat down at my normal lunch table, my other friends soon coming to join.

It was weird, actually, how I sat with other people besides Jacqueline. Sure, they were my friends and we talked quite a bit, but we almost never hung out outside of school. We just sat together at lunch and talked some in classes.

I saw my other friends, Eden and McKenna, make their way over to our table. Their faces lit up when they saw Jacqueline and I and they started to wave. They also waved to the boys, acting as if it was no big deal that One Direction was eating lunch with us. Neither of the girls were giant fans, and they also knew that I knew them well, and I also wouldn't be surprised if Jacqueline texted them about them being here. 

"Hi, I'm Eden!" Eden said to the boys while sitting down, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"And I'm McKenna!" McKenna smiled, sitting next to Eden as she pulled her long, light brown, curly hair out of her pony tail, letting it fall to her sides.

The boys introduced themselves and McKenna said, "We've heard plenty about you all from Joslynn."

They all looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders and blushed.

After about five minutes into the lunch hour of us getting to know each other, Zayn spoke up and said, "Let's play twenty questions."

"With nine people, Zayn?" I questioned.

"Well, let's just all take turns. Everyone gets a chance to ask each person at the table one question," he said.

"That would be more than twenty questions total, dumb ass," Harry said.

Zayn then thought for a moment and said, "Okay, then we are going to play forty five questions."

Niall laughed a bit and said, "Okay, you start, Zayn. Let's see how far we can get before someone gets distracted or gets annoyed with this game."

"Wait...I thought that twenty questions was where each person got to ask twenty questions, not ten each making a total of twenty," said Liam.

Louis then said, "Okay, then we are playing Eight Questions or Forty Five Questions. Whatever floats your boat."

"Wait, is that math even correct--" I started to say, but I was cut off by Harry.

"OH MY GOD, JUST GO," Harry said, turning towards Zayn.

Jacqueline laughed at his actions, and Harry blushed a bit. For a flirt, he was sure acting quite shy around her. It was sort of adorable.

"Wait, do we ask each person the same question or a different--" Eden was cut off by Zayn.

"Whatever tickles your God damn peach!" Zayn said.

Niall started giggling and said, "Peach," mocking the word.

Zayn just glared at him and said, "McKenna, my question is to you. If you had to kiss anyone at this table, who would it be?"

McKenna thought for a moment and said, "Myself. It would be awkward kissing a girl and I don't know any of you guys. Now, next question," she said.

"I feel like that's not exactly possible--" Liam began, only to have McKenna cut him off.

"It was never stated that the answers had to be realistic," she argued.

Niall laughed at her answer, and McKenna shot him a shy smile.

After a while, it was Harry's turn to ask Louis a question. Harry said, "Louis, if you had to marry someone at this table right now, who would it be and why? And you can't say me," he winked.

Louis didn't even have to think and just said, "Easy. Josie."

Whoa, what? Me?

I blushed deeply and said, "Why me, Lou?"

Lou smiled at me and said, "Because I know you best, you're my favorite person in the world, and there's not any girl out there that I have my eyes set on, so I'd have to marry my best friend."

I smiled, giving him a side hug and said, "Yeah, I guess that makes sense."

I was sort of disappointed, though. He said he didn't have a girl that he had his eyes set on. I don't know why, but I felt a bit sad. Why would I feel like this towards my best friend?

We once again carried on, asking each other pointless questions. Lunch was going to end in about ten minutes, which means I get to go through four more periods without seeing my boys.

As we sat there, enjoying the last few minutes, someone that I really didn't prefer to talk to, or see, for that matter, walked up and sat next to me.

"Hey, Joslynn," Joshua said, winking.

I closed my eyes in frustration and said, "What do you want, Joshua?"

"I thought that maybe you could rethink me taking you to prom," he said.

No.

"Um, let me think, no," I said. At this point, everyone, including the boys, were silently staring.

"Why? You never gave me an answer," Joshua said. "And I told you to call me Josh. Joshua is too formal."

"Well, Joshua, I'm not letting you take me to prom because I know exactly what type of guy you are. I know about your reputation at this school; everyone does. I know exactly what you want, and I'm not that type of girl. Plus, I have a date already. Sorry to burst your bubble. You can leave now," I said with an attitude.

Joshua tried to put on the charm and said, "Come on, babe, we can work this out. Any girl would be lucky to go with me. I'm sure I'm a whole lot better than your 'date.'"

"I'm not your babe, never have been, and nor will I ever be. I don't want to go to prom with you. Any guy on this earth is probably better than you," I said.

"Oh, really, now? Then who is taking you to prom, Joslynn? I bet you that you're lying to my face. Plus, we can have some...fun...afterwards," Joshua said.

That's when Louis stepped up and said, "I'm taking her to prom. Now, I suggest that you run along, Joslynn here clearly doesn't want you taking her to prom, and I don't think that you pestering her about it would make her want to go with you any more than she already wants to."

Joshua stared at Louis and said, "You're that guy from the British boy band, aren't you? Joslynn, how do you know this fool? We both know here that I'm way better than him."

"This 'fool' here, happens to be my best friend. Now, run along Joshua. I'm sure you'll find someone willing to go with you," I said.

Joshua smirked and said, "Fine. Have it your way. Have fun with British boy over here...if that's even possible. Give me a call if you change your mind. I think that you will." He then walked away.

I groaned in annoyance when Liam said, "Who the hell was that? Can I punch him in the face?"

"Chill, Liam. That was Joshua. He was the one who asked me to prom and just wanted sex afterwards. Don't let him get to you; he's just an asshole," I said.

Louis said, "I swear, if he ever tries and talks to you like that again, I'm going to--" I cut him off.

"Lou, it's okay. I'm fine. I'm a big girl. I can deal with it," I said, laughing a bit.

Louis just sighed and said, "I know, but you have to promise me if that ass is bothering you again."

"Lou--" I started to say, but he cut me off.

"Promise," he said sternly. Louis was almost never stern.

I sighed and said, "Promise."

Louis then said, "Oh, no. This isn't just any promise. You have to pinkie promise."

I rolled my eyes, holding out my pinkie and we shook pinkies. "Pinkie promise," I said.

Eden, Jacqueline, and McKenna started laughing when Zayn said, "You get used to their ridiculousness."

I glared at him playfully and hit him on the arm. "You just wish you were as cool as us," I said.

Zayn smirked and said, "Yeah, that's it."

The bell eventually rang, and we all had to say our goodbyes to the boys. I carried on through my next four periods, just waiting for the final bell to sound so that I can leave.

After what seemed forever, the fianl bell finally sounded and I went and gathered my books as quick as possible. I had just about every textbook I owned in my backpack, due to finals being next week. After everything was packed, I tried lifting it up and groaned when I did so. However, the weight was suddenly lifted out of my arms. I turned around to see none other than Louis. 

He grinned and said, "Don't worry, I got it!"

I just rolled my eyes, giving him a hug, and said, "You just pop up everywhere, don't you, Mr. Tomlinson?"

Louis smiled cheekily and said, "That's what I'm here for!"

We were headed out the door when the most annoying and slutty girl in school, Jasmine, approaches. "You're like, Lewis Tomlinson!" she said, giggling while twirling her bleach blonde hair.

Louis laughed awkwardly and said, "Uh, can I help you with anything?"

She just bit her bottom lip, handed him a piece of paper, and leaned up and whispered something in his ear. He looked extremely uncomfortable...and I felt extremely....jealous? Why would I be jealous of her? Louis doesn't like girls like that. Plus, she can't even pronounce his name correctly.

She pulled away from his ear, winking, waving three fingers, and strutted away in her way-too-short skirt and way-too-high heels.

Louis looked at me awkwardly and said, "She's not very appealing. I'm throwing her number away."

I laughed and said, "What exactly did she say?"

He said, "She said, 'Call me, sexy, and we can have some fun.' Is she the school slut, or something?"

I burst out laughing and said, "Nice. And yeah, basically. Now, be a good boy and throw it away."

Louis threw her number away and said, "Didn't have to tell me twice. Heck, didn't have to tell me once."

I laughed some more as we walked out to the car, Louis still carrying my heavy backpack.

He went and opened the passenger seat door and I said, "Thank you, Mr. Tomlinson."

After he shut my door, he threw my backpack in the back and I heard a loud, "OW!"

I turned around to see Niall laying on the seats. I just looked at him and said, "Niall, what are you doing here?"

Louis went around to his seat and started the car as Niall said, "Grocery shopping, remember? You think that I'd skip out on that?"

I groaned and said, "Totally forgot. Okay, let's go." Grocery shopping will Niall should quite the...adventure.

We walked into the local supermarket and grabbed a cart. It must have been amazing for Niall and Louis to be able to go out in public without body guards. Niall ran off towards the sweets, leaving Louis and I to do the real shopping.

As Louis and I were getting the real things we needed, we started talking.

"Did that Joshua bastard talk to you again today?" Louis asked.

"No, Lou. He didn't. You don't need to worry about him. I can handle it," I said, comforting him.

"I know...I just...worry about you. You're my best friend, and it would kill me to know if anything happened to you," Louis said while reaching over, grabbing a giant carton of rainbow goldfish and putting it into the cart.

I stared at him and said, "Really, Louis? What's wrong with the little bags?"

Louis smirked and said, "They're not big enough," and he kept walking.

I rolled my eyes and answered his previous statement. "You don't need to worry about me, Lou. You know that if I was ever in trouble and needed help, I'd tell you first."

Louis sighed and said, "Yeah, I guess you're right. But, can you blame me for worrying? He's a serious douche bag and I hate seeing people like him treat people like you like that."

"People like me?" I asked.

Louis was silent for a moment, as if he was thinking. He finally said, "As in, people who are the nicest, funniest, prettiest, funnest people to be around. Or, in simpler terms, not douche bags."

"So, I'm pretty, too?" I asked, smirking.

I saw Louis's face go red, as if he had just realized what he said. I laughed at his blushing and gave him a side hug and said, "You're the sweetest person I know, Lou. Thank you."

He looked down at me and smiled, planting a kiss on my forehead when an elderly woman walked by and stopped. She smiled and said, "You two make the cutest couple!"

We both looked up at each other, amused. We didn't really know what to say, but the old woman ended up walking away. We both looked at each other again and burst out laughing.

"Well, that was awkward," Louis said.

But I wish it wasn't.

I laughed and said, "I can definitely agree with you on that statement, Mr. Tomlinson!"

We both continued laughing, picking out stuff to eat for dinner. We decided to make burgers and french fries. Well, Harry and I would be cooking. Louis will just attempt to help until Harry screams at him.

We were headed towards the checkout when we saw a short little blonde guy running towards us with tons of food. Niall.

He dumped what appeared to be candy, popcorn, chips, ice cream, soda, cupcakes, cookies, and pretzels in the cart.

Louis and I both looked at him and I said, "Got enough food there, Nialler?"

Niall said, "Probably not, but I couldn't carry anything else."

I looked at him in disbelief, shaking my head and giggling a bit.

"Well, now there will be plenty of food for us all!" said Louis.

We all laughed as we pulled our cart up to the checkout. A tall red head with green eyes was working the register. She looked about sixteen years old. When she saw us, she froze.

She managed to get out the words, "Y-you-'re fr-from One Di-direction!"

Well, she doesn't seem like a One Direction fan at all. 

Louis and Niall laughed a bit and Niall said, "Yes, we are."

"Would you like an autograph?" asked Louis, his adorable British accent ringing through my ears.

She just nodded as Louis and Niall signed an autograph for her and took a picture with her. She seemed ecstatic. She then looked at me and said, "You're Joslynn Davis! You're like...One Direction's best friend!"

I just smiled and said, "Yeah, that's me!"

I also took a picture with the tall and skinny red headed girl, who's name appears to be Elizabeth.

I didn't always get asked to take pictures or sign autographs, but when I was asked to, I was nice and said yes. This all started right after the boys got off of X Factor. Ever since, I've gotten used to it. I was afraid that people would hate me; at first, I got tons of hate, and I still get some now. Hower, I don't let it bother me. Plus, ever since Louis started asking me to do TwitCams with him, I saw it coming.

We managed to check out, Elizabeth even giving us a discount. 

We then drove home, listening to the boys's album, Up All Night, and singing really badly.

"BABY, YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE! THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED!" Louis belted out horribly.

I said, "It's a good thing that you didn't take up a career in singing, or anything."

Louis rolled his eyes, and said, "Thanks, Sargent Sarcasm."

I just laughed and Niall and I joined in on the "singing."

I know it's early to start thinking about this, but...I'm going to miss these moments after they have to leave again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 4.6K 11
── ❝𝐓𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 is like trying to remember someone you never knew.❞ A story in which the reader b...
11.1M 145K 34
I was just another fan to him. I didn't think by sending that one little tweet to Niall Horan, 1/5 of the famous boy band One Direction, my life woul...
494K 30.9K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
479K 10.1K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.