You Were Always Mine- Percabe...

Por MacaroniGalore

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours..." *** All throughout high sc... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 15

2.3K 42 80
Por MacaroniGalore

Hi, again people.

So as you know, there are just a few chapters left in this story, but as GhostMonstah and I finished writing the last chapter  I realized how much Im going to miss writing.

So, of any of you guys have any ideas or just random thoughts about one-shots  short stories, or anything like that, feel free to comment them if you'd like me to write them.

Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to Eat_Sleep_Read333 and Mia_Jordan101. Sorry for the mix up last chapter.

***

Annabeth’s phone rang as she finished putting her completed blueprint neatly away.

She picked it up and was greeted with Piper’s rapid speech, “Hey, Annabeth. I need you to come in around half an hour. We have a wedding ceremony rehearsal and I was supposed to call you, but it slipped my mind. I’m sorry for calling so late, but can you make it? Please?”

Annabeth laughed softly, “Yes, I can. Calm down, Piper.”

She heard Piper sigh in relief. “Thanks, you’re the best. Bye!”

“Bye,” Annabeth said, but Piper hung up before she finished, probably calling everyone else whom she forgot to call.

***

Annabeth continued to walk through secluded streets until she approached the venue, where the ceremony would be held. She went towards it and saw the other bridesmaids and groomsmen there, all chatting and laughing. She scanned the crowd and sighed in relief when she didn’t see Percy. He was probably late, like always. She walked to where her friends were, and Piper smiled as soon as she saw her.

“Annabeth! Thank the gods you could make it!” She said, hugging Annabeth.

“Of course, Piper.” Annabeth smiled, “So, what are we doing today?”

“We have to practice the ceremony, the procession and all that.” Piper explained, “We’ll start in a couple of minutes. We still have to wait for Percy.”

Annabeth nodded before she realized what Piper had said. She realized she would quite literally have to to walk down the aisle with Percy.  

“Do you know how long it’ll take for him to get here?” She asked Piper.

“I don’t know, but he shouldn’t take that long. I’d give him a few more minutes,” she replied.

Annabeth nodded and distractedly let her eyes roam to look over the venue.

Deciding not to worry about Percy, she talked to Piper. “The venue looks great. Do you know who decorated it? Luke and I should start thinking about these things, and these decorations are beautiful.”

Piper shrugged. “I’m not sure. My dad knew someone who was friends with someone else was related to someone who… you get the point. I’ll ask him about it, though.”

Annabeth smiled. She sometimes forgot Piper’s dad was a famous actor. “Thanks.”

Then someone burst through the door, “Sorry I’m late, Jason. I had…” Percy’s voice faltered as his eyes landed on Annabeth, “Um, I was stuck at work and… yeah.”

Jason approached from where he was talking to Leo. “It’s fine, bro.”

Percy sighed in relief, but didn’t take his eyes off Annabeth. While Jason obliviously stood there, Piper studied them both and broke the silence.

“Okay, we should probably start now!” she exclaimed, jolting everyone’s attention to her. “So, guys, you need to get it right this time because this is the first and last rehearsal. The wedding is in three days, got that? Leo?”

“Yeah?” He looked up.

“No funny business, please.” Piper said. He just laughed.

“We’ll start with the procession and who walks with who. Ok, um, Jason, you have to walk down first then wait by the officiant. Then, the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down in pairs, then the best man and maid of honor walk together,” she glanced at Percy and Annabeth who were both awkwardly standing to the side, “Then the ringbearer and the flower girl walk. Then my dad and I.”

Everyone started to move around as Piper directed in what order they needed to go. They all lined up at the entrance of the venue, the first pair being Travis and Katie, Reyna and Nico soon followed, then Frank and Hazel and so on. Behind Thalia and Connor, Percy and Annabeth stood awkwardly.

Piper, who watching them with a smirk called out. “Hold hands or something, you two!”

Percy turned to Annabeth nervously, but she simply slipped her arm through the crook of his without looking at him.

“Now, look happier!” Piper instructed, smugly.

Annabeth smiled and Percy tried to do the same, although it looked more like a grimace.

Leo noticed the strange expression on his face and called out, “Percy! You okay there?”

He nodded in response and Leo turned away, snickering to himself. They made their way to the front, one pair at a time.

Percy and Annabeth waited patiently as the couples in front of them walked slowly and gracefully down the aisle, smiling and whispering to each other.

“So…” Percy said, trying to start a conversation.

“So… what?” Annabeth said, not looking at him.

“How’s it going?” He asked, unsure of what to say.

“With what?” She said, looking at him out of the corner of her eye.

Percy shrugged. “I guess, just in general.” He paused, “Unless you want to talk about yesterday, because I’m up for that.”

She turned her head to look at him, “There’s nothing to talk about.”

Percy glanced down at her hand, which was holding on to his arm. “Is that why you’re wearing the promise ring?”

She glanced down at her hand, “Um, well-”

“Percy and Annabeth,” Piper called out, “It’s your turn.”

Percy and Annabeth started walking awkwardly down the aisle.

“Not too fast!” Piper advised.

Annabeth turned away from Percy and slowed down, jerking him back at the sudden change in movement.

“I, um, was thinking about what you said and I realized…. I don’t know why I put it on, really,” She said quickly. Her face was red and her friends were starting to stare at them weirdly.

Percy looked unconvinced. “Really? Are you sure you don’t know why?

She was about to answer, but then they had to split up and walk to different sides of the alter.

***

After another hour of rehearsing and avoiding Percy, Annabeth rushed out of the venue, walking as fast as she could and waited impatiently for Luke to pick her up.

She kept glancing down the street, hoping Luke would hurry up.

“Annabeth!” Percy’s voice rang.

Annabeth inwardly groaned.

“What, Percy?” She said as she turned to face him.  

“We need to talk,” He said, for what seemed to be the millionth time.

“Once again,” Annabeth started, “I don’t think there’s anything we need to talk about.

“And once again, I say there is,” Percy stated, looking her dead in the eye.

“Really? About what?” Annabeth asked.

“About how you keep saying you love Luke, and denying you don't feel anything for me and then I see you wearing the promise ring I gave you. Where’s your engagement ring?” He raised an eyebrow.

Annabeth flushed and hid her hands behind her back. “It’s uncomfortable when I work,” She claimed.

“And this one isn’t?” He said, taking a step toward her and taking her hand from behind her back.

“I don’t- I mean- I,” Annabeth stuttered, unable to reply properly.

“Exactly,” He gave a small smile and took another step towards her. They were only a few inches apart. “You can't look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have feelings for me after all these years.”

Annabeth gulped nervously. “I don’t.”

“Yes you do, Annabeth! If you didn’t you wouldn’t have kissed me that night at the reunion. If you didn’t, you’d have gotten rid of this ring!” He brought her hand to his chest, his eyes pleading. “When I heard about you and Luke, I tried to forget you and move on, trust me I did, but the truth is… there is no moving on from you. I've been a mess all these years without you, Wise Girl. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of you, of what we had, of what we could've had if I hadn't walked out that night. I would give anything to go back to that night and not let you go, to not get on that goddamn plane and give up on what we had. We had everything, Annabeth and I ruined it.  I’ve never forgotten about you, about us. I love you, Annabeth Chase. I’ve never stopped loving you. You might not know it, but… you were always mine.”

Annabeth had tears flowing down her cheeks. She had felt the exact same thing years ago. She hated herself for letting him go. She tried to move on and she had, hadn't she? Yes, of course, she had, she had Luke now, didn't she? And Luke... She loved him, didn't she?

She took a shaky breath, shaking her head, “Every time, Percy!”

Percy looked confused, “What?”

“You do this every time and I-” She stopped, blinking back tears. “Every time I think you can’t do anything worse, you go ahead and ruin everything! I’m engaged and I can’t afford to love you anymore!”Annabeth said.

Percy leaned closer until they was only a few inches of space left between them. Annabeth couldn't help it when her pulse quickened and her lips parted. He was staring at her like she was the only thing that mattered to him and the look in his eyes made her knees weak.

Annabeth closed her eyes, "Please don't do this..."

"Do what, Annabeth?" Percy whispered.

"This," she gestured between them, "you only confuse me more and I-" He didn't let her finish. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers.

One of her hands were still on his chest and the other was on his shoulder. He placed his free hand on the side of her face. Percy poured all the anguish and heartache he felt into the kiss, the pain of seeing her with Luke, denying time after time all the feelings she still felt for him. Annabeth didn’t push him away, like he expected. Instead, she stood there frozen, unsure what to do about it.

He pulled away, desperately searching for something, anything that proved he was right. She stayed absolutely still for a moment, and Percy was seriously starting to worry he had crossed the line, when she surged forward and kissed him with so much force he stumbled backwards. He wrapped her arms around his neck as tears streamed down her face. He placed his hands on her waist, so relieved that he almost cried himself.

They stayed like that for a while, kissing in the middle of the sidewalk, when Percy was suddenly shoved away from Annabeth forcefully. Shocked, she turned to the person who separated them and found herself looking at the murderous expression on Luke’s face.

***

TRIVIA QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF CHIRON'S BROTHERS, WHO HELPED HAZEL, FRANK, AND LEO IN MOA?

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

378K 8.2K 30
Percy's angry. I mean come on, there are other demigods in the world! So why is it him who has to go to Hogwarts? And who on earth thought it would b...
891K 14K 55
Annabeth Chase is your average junior at Goode High School. She gets straight A's, and you will never find her sitting in detention. Her best friend...
121K 3.1K 28
*after the third book of TOA so SPOILERS* Percy Jackson is no stranger to tragedy. He has lost so many people and has sacrificed so much ever since...
4.6K 154 17
Edits are done by @shadowcat844 Annabeth Chase was finishing up high school and heading to New York to pursue her dream, dance. Her best friend Percy...