trust issues // w. nylander

By nylanderr

"i have trust issues." he mutters. "i've just been fucked over too many times." [toronto maple leafs, ⇒w. nyl... More

{cast- part one}
1} star struck
2} best friend potential
4} golden boy
5} puck you
6} competitive cuddling
7} this is why we can't have nice things
8} never have i ever
9} kiss kiss
10} the habitual line steppers
11} fist fight
12} relationships and other scary responsibilities
13} clumsy loser
14} spilling the tea
15} ex girlfriend extraordinaire
16} yesterday
17} you shoot soft
18} laser tag seduction
19} family bonding [a.k.a annoying fred x]
20} parental supervision
21} too cute to function
22} sunglasses hallelujah & flour thrown at my face
23} dates & such
24} crazy, stupid, uncontrollably in love
25} the emotional rollercoaster
26} hardcore sleeping
27} adult-ish
28} worries
29} boring birthday
30} sweet, salty, & maybe a little bit spicy too
31} sour keys
32} small whale or big fish?
33} croissant theifs & park benches
34} unsuspecting

3} snowball fights

3.5K 75 48
By nylanderr

I WAKE UP to see 3 new messages on my phone.

Rachel
You hanging out with pretty boy today or do you have some spare time for me?

Logan
I couldn't possibly imagine having anyone else to hang out with but you. I guess I'm just that much of a loner.

Sarcasm at its finest...

Chase
Hey dumbass. How's everything in Toronoto?

So typical of him to insult me. I roll my eyes at that one.

Logan
Great. Without you.

I grin as I type it, we're just the type of siblings who joke with one another constantly.

Seth
Want to catch up soon?

Was he joking? Why do exes have to swing in and want you back right after I've just moved on from our shit show of a relationship.

Logan
Just a couple days ago you were telling me to go fuck myself.

I'm so ineffably done with dealing with stupid people. They're everywhere and I can't escape the realm of stupidity no matter where I go. The only thing you can do in my situation is try to weigh out the stupid people with good ones who aren't annoying and rude (like Seth) obviously.

I don't know what kind of things me and William will be doing today, but I know I'm excited beyond explanation.

Questions shoot through my mind. Will I be able to touch his hair? Am I good enough to be his friend? What if I do something really stupid?

Oh god don't do anything stupid. Don't touch his hair.

We were supposed to meet up after his practice from what I remember when we texted last night. We texted last night. I still can hardly believe it.
I play over conversations in my head. Is this normal? Or is this just because he's William Nylander?

____

"Hey." I open the door to my apartment, William standing in front of me.

"Hey." He grins, dimples showing and eyes shining. Did he get even more gorgeous?

Since we were only 'adventuring' I had put on a pair of blue jeans and an old oversized hockey sweater. He has on a grey Nike windbreaker and black jeans, along with a hat and a winter jacket. It was god damn cold in Toronto. Literally you could walk outside unprepared and get hypothermia.

I struggle internally not to go into full blown freak out mode like I had when we met.

He notices my awkwardness and raises a perfect eyebrow. How were they so perfect?

Stop fangirling.

"Uh well. I'm ready to go." I laugh nervously, clasping my hands together before grabbing my jacket.

"Oh my god." It's Trisha, standing behind me in shock.

William tilts his head to the side, allowing him to get a view of my best friend.

"Han är William Nylander." [He is William Nylander] She mutters in Swedish.

"Självklart, ja." [obviously, yes] I shake my head laughing and step into the hallway, closing the door behind me.

Trisha didn't believe me before? I smirk to myself.

"Something you forgot to mention? You speak Swedish?" He chuckles, the most lovely sound I've heard all day.

"I just may have... I'm not fluent, I've just picked it up through the years that I've been best friends with Trisha, my roommate." I shrug it off, it really isn't a big deal anyways.

"That's really cool." William grins at me. I've noticed that he does that a lot, at least when he's been around me.

He glances at my sweater, which obviously shows that I used to play hockey. By the look on his face he's amused.

"And you didn't want to tell me that you you play hockey either?" He puts a hand over his chest, fake hurt.

"Played." I correct him.

"Hmm?" He asks, a cute look of confusion flashing across his face.

"Played hockey. I don't anymore." Continuing to walk, I sigh, completely forgetting that William Nylander is walking beside me.

"Why'd you stop?" William turns his head to look at me.

I don't want to talk about it, but it isn't Williams fault. He doesn't know it's a touchy subject for me. I can't help but grimace at the thought, remembering why I did leave my hockey career behind.

"I was 17, I got in a car accident and I stopped playing, I was definitely crushed. It's not like I didn't have the skill, because it was defiantly there, but I broke my leg and that put me out for the season. There was no point going back after that, my parents and I made the decision that it would just be better if I gave it up." Hockey is something that I miss so much in my life, playing all week, traveling to games, it's a huge commitment, but it's so addictively fun.

"That's horrible Logan." It's weird,  as he says it I get a feeling that he's pitying me.

"Yeah, it's in the past though." I stare at my, hands and fiddle my fingers.

"Not entirely, we'll have to play sometime." William smiles, that warm beautiful smile that I've came to know so well through pictures. This is real though, as unreal as it sounds, this is real.

"I might have to take you up on that." He stares at me for a second, smiling.

"Tell me something about you, now that you know so much about me." I shift uncomfortably, still amazed by the feeling of talking to Will.

"What is there to know?"

"I don't know. You're supposed to be the one telling me." Laughing softly, I tuck my hands into my pockets and shiver.

"I'm William, I play for the Toronto Maple Leafs, I'm from Sweden, uhh I really like chicken nuggets?" He jokes and laughs.

I join him, and it seems like we laugh for a long time before I finally respond.

"Come on, every fan knows that.. I'm talking about the real you." I explain

"The real me, huh? You really want to know?" Was that even a question? Of course I want to know him.

I nod.

"What kind of things?"

"Anything really. Hobby's, passions, baggage, whatever you want." I smile warmly at him.

"I'm a very spontaneous kind of guy, I've been told it's weird." Why would that be weird?
That just makes him all the more alluring. Not that I'm allures...

"That's not weird at all, seems like your fun."

"Thanks." He laughs.

"Anything else I need to be aware of? Since I'm best friend potential and all." William smiles at me knowingly, and shrugs.

"I have trust issues if that counts for anything."

location: downtown toronto

liked by williamnylander, chase.alexx and 156 others

lo_alexandrovich because our shoes looked gr8

tagged: williamnylander

view all 35 comments (i'm not including all of them)
trishlindholm can't believe u guys are actually hanging out
laurr.baxt holy shit logannnnn
rachelnovak text me b
chase.alexx i'm not even going to ask
danasmith you're hanging out with leafs players now? HOW? teach me
sgilmore28 ://
finn_hayward i want in
alexnylander hi stranger
xander_fournier shoe game on fleek
noraaa.33 smh. please explain

____

"No!" I can't stop giggling as William throws a snowball at my side.

"You can run, but I can run faster." He smirks playfully. I hide a snowball behind my back before quickly throwing it at his stomach.

"You can do better Nylander!" I sprint to the nearest tree, just barely dodging a snowball that William throws.

"Bring it on Alexandrovich." He narrows his twinkly blue eyes devilishly.

"Don't get your hopes up man, I've been snowball fighting for longer than you." I wink. When did I learn to be so flirtatious with a guy who clearly only thinks of me as best friend potential.

"Okay. Pause the snowball fight." Will grins. "How old are you? I've never asked."

"20. Turning 21 in May." I say.

"No kidding? I'll be turning 22 in May." He smiles happily. I don't bother telling him that I already know that, I know his birthday is on May 1st.

"Wow. Coincidence." I laugh.

"Coincidence? I think not. It must be a sign from the universe that we're supposed to be best friends." This theory of his almost makes me drop to the ground laughing hysterically.

"Sign from the universe?" I ask while trying to hold back giggles.

"It was a joke. Okay?" He flashes me a dreamy smile, playing down the embarrassment.

God he's so smiley. Not that I'm complaining... It's actually very pleasing to watch him crack a smile at practically anything.
How did he manage to be so adorable, yet breathtakingly hot at the same time?

"You really are quite spontaneous." I smile tight lipped.

"I try my best." He chuckles, a glazed expression now fixing his radiant face.

William runs a hand through his silky blonde hair, seeming to be lost in thought. I wonder what he's thinking of.

An idea whizzes through my mind, and all of a sudden I know exactly how the rest of the snowball fight will play out.

I pat the snowball I've been holding in my glove clad hands, hiding it slightly behind my hip. If all goes well this should be pretty funny.

"Will?" I wave my free hand in front of his face, catching his attention and snapping him out of his trance.

"What is it this time?" He jokes trying to test me.

"Hey do you smell that?" I etch my eyebrows together. He tilts his head to the left doing the same as me and furrowing his eyebrows.

"No? What do you smell?" He now raises an eyebrow. Even his eyebrows are perfect.
I feel like I've said this before.

"That— my sweet friend, is the smell of opportunity." An evil smile plays my lips, and I smush the snowball directly atop his head. Snow is now everywhere in his hair, and falling onto his face. And by the look on his face he's shocked.

"You evil little—." I cut him off.

"No swearing Nylander, there are children around." It's so amazing how much fun we're having, well the fun I'm having. Was it bad that I was starting to love beings around him?

Yes. He's William Nylander. You seriously think this will last?
There goes my stupid conscious back at it again with the helpful commentary...

His lips upturn into a smirk.

"Whatever Logan. I'll get you back."

"I'd like to see you try."

He sweeps me off my feet, pulling me over his shoulder. The next thing I know I'm falling into a snow pile with William laughing his arse off like a 7 year old boy.

A piece of hair is in my mouth, and my hat has fallen off completely. I must appear to be a complete mess.

"Ugh. I didn't mean literally." I whine, before pouting my lips.

"Be more specific next time then eh." He grins wildly. "Here let me help you up." He offers me a hand. I crunch myself up to grab his hand, but instead pull his arm down so he lands in the snow beside me.

"Ugh. I didn't mean literally." Will mocks me in a totally unrealistically high voice, trying to contain his laughter.

"Shut up!" I scrunch my nose.

"Awe you're so cute when your angry." We're now facing each other, smiling softly. Nearly gushing at sound of him saying the word 'awe', I'm sure my cheeks are redder than a strawberry. Hopefully he mistakes it for the cold weather? My cheeks are always red when it's cold.

After William finishes laughing his mouth off he helps me up out of the snow and we begin to walk the trail out of the park. I make my small talk, and we somehow end up arguing over the subject of who my favourite hockey player is.

"For the last time! I said you were one of my favourites, not the favourite." I roll my eyes.

William wraps an arm around my waist, I jolt in surprise, but I don't dare to resist.

"Coffee?" He smiles cheekily. His eyes express a feeling, like they're lit ablaze somehow..

"Coffee." Following an ecstatic grin, I Agree.

This guy does not disappoint.
But I'm just best friend potential, and that's all I'll ever be.

location: starbucks canada

liked by auston_matthews, marner_93, and 23,4025 others

williamnylander i guess this makes me basic

tagged: lo_alexandrovich

view all 278 comments
marner_93 ooo. who's the tag willy?
morganrielly apparently a die hard leafs fan marner_93
43kadri hmm... interesting...
mattymarts17 this kid never fails to surprise me
auston_matthews when can we meet her
bozie42 i wanna be introduced first
alexnylander i called it

____

So this turned out substantially better than I thought it would lol.

OKAY BUT ISN'T HE JUST THE MOST PRECIOUS THING EVER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 749 50
Just a teen trying to live her dream in Toronto. {toronto maple leafs}
71.9K 800 32
a story about a couple that were perfect for each other until one of them became selfish. {completes & edited} © luvelyjimin 2018
178K 3.5K 34
━━ FREDERIK ANDERSEN! WHATS MY FAVOURITE SNACK? FREDDIE ANDERSEN. [toronto maple leafs] [frederik andersen] mainly social media ©...
54.9K 653 48
In which she moves from a small town to the big city and bumps into the one and only Auston Mathews. When Allison Carter moves to the big city with h...