Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter

Harry PoV

737 23 18
By syedaaliya

I looked at the sky sensing the change in weather it's gonna snow soon. And it's colder than usual I fixed my scarf securely around my neck as it somehow always get lose. But nothing can bring warmth anymore I'm colder inside than the merciless snow.

Moving ahead I saw a flower shop and my steps grew lazier against my will. I contemplated on buying them. But, then again I don't even know what flowers she likes.

Dropping the idea, I went along the way thinking to retreat back. No one will even notice my absences but Hermione messages and letters kept haunting me. She kept me pulling until I stopped at the small wooden door. Which unlikely felt home.

I don't want to see her yet so soon. I don't like on what part I departed from her home like an uninvited guests I marched in and demanded the answers I wasn't sure I hold the questions for it.

Before I know it I had actually knocked. I took a step back to return when I saw Ron's face.

"Mate!" Ron's face enlightened seeing me. And an familiar feeling rushed back in me. Making me smile in a long time as he opened the door and welcomed me in.

I heard footsteps reaching us but we moved in and I saw Hermione making her way inside the room. She lifted her gaze and an alarmed experience caught her face seeing me in person.

Her long brown curls loosely tied around her eyes wide and innocent. Her mouth had an 'o' shape as I caught her in moment. A breathtaking smile broke on her face as she jumped on me without any second thoughts as I would disappear in thin air, like I always do.

I caught her in my arms on quick reflex and I had grown accustomed to Hermione's impulsive hugs. She made no move to leave me as I had expected this hold her tight needing her strength more than her.

"Let him breath, Moine" I heard Ron saying softly to her.

I chuckled at his words but she made no move to break the hug as if making herself sure that I'm finally in front of her. After a beat. She let me go and looked all over my face making sure I'm fine. So I said it aloud.

"I am fine, Hermione" I said it to her. For her sake anyway.

Ron clapped my back and I gave him a quick hug too. Smiling seeing the faces which still cared for me and which meant most to me.

"Ginny, what are you doing there, come in. See Harry is finally back!" Hermione exclaimed. She is really happy seeing me.

I flinched hearing her name. Can't I just avoid her. How can I? This whole dinner was arranged for her comeback. I took a deep breath and turned.

It's a good thing I took a deep breath before because for a moment I forgot how to breath atol. She stood there in all her alluring personality, her startling red hair falling softly on her shoulder than her back, her beautiful eyes sparkling with joy. Matching her never dying spirit. I can forever look at them. What always caught me off guard was her timid smile she gave me. A small yet pure.

I have seen her laugh before a full blown smile too. But I never received it I was always entitled to a shy smile which she just named it for me. And secretly I was glad seeing it every time.

"Hello Harry" Ginny waved hi I reciprocate her actions.

A sharp knock made her jump and she quickly excused us. I saw Sara Ginny's best friend making her way down. It's amazing I still remember her after all these years.

If she is here then who is at the door. I dint need to wait long as I heard there conversation loud and clear. It was Bryan or Ryan whatever his name was.

I tried not to make it a big deal but my head took a 360 degree turn when I accidentally heard Fred saying Sara about Ginny's secret engagement. I felt heat rushed to my head as I moved back in to closely look at the pair.

Ginny was messing his hair in more mess and he kept looking at her like she meant world to him as he kept attentively listing her rant. I curled my fist as my anger surfaced again.

"It was a mistake" I mumbled unconsciously loud. It was a mistake I should have never come tonight.

I went to collect my coat and make my exit before I do something which I couldn't even place a finger on .

"Harry! Harry my boy" Mrs Weasley tapped my shoulder as I look at her she took me I'm her hold.

"Why didn't you meet me earlier, I was in kitchen making your favourite pie" she beamed at me.

Startled I gaze deeper in her eyes. So much warmth. I always wondered how it would have feel to look in my own mum's loving gaze. I had a close feeling it would have felt just how it feels looking at Mrs Weasley eyes.

I nod my head unable to reply as I felt at ease no longer angry. She took my hand and lead me into the garden. I felt like I time traveled two years back.

The decoration were same with a different banner this time 'welcome back' instead of 'farewell​' same happy faces. Same reason. One girl.

My work doesn't leave a place for keeping emotions intact ergo it suited me fine, I like to stick to minimum expression. Let's face it, it gives less drama and makes life much easier.

Somehow, things aren't cooperating well today. I feel emotions which were long gone friends. I didn't want them to welcome back, I am a mess inside and it's awfully​ easy to pull the string, wrong string for me tonight.

Dwelling with thoughts I sat on table quietly making a conversation with Hermione. Honestly, I don't even know what we are talking right now as I finished my first drink, Hermione gave me a death glare, keep it neat potter! So far she thinks I'm intact with her words I am glad I'm improving in acting.

"You two got enough audience to have some privacy" Mrs Weasley said, hearing her I looked up and saw Ginny and Bryan flushed deep root. I tried to ignore the close proximity between but it was just in air.

This never happened before, I never disliked anyone without any particular reason but just seeing this guy presence make me tick off. Everything is damn to bright about him. His eyes,his voice, his never ending smile just made me sick.

Or it could be the reason he is friend of someone you like not to be.

No. I don't really care with whom who wants to be friends or anything more than that. It's there business not mine.

I zoomed out again staring the red tablecloth with pale white lace around it remembering the handkerchief of the mother who lost her son,she left it at my office a constant reminder of the pain and regret, I should discard it. Maybe I can never.

"Engaged?" I felt the pressure before hearing it, I felt Hermione's hand squeezing my hand I look at her and her face went blank, I looked at Ron next he was mortified. Quickly I scanned the crowd figuring out the commotion.

"Who got engaged, what rumour?" Mrs Weasley pressed for answers I felt my heart drop when I saw ever other eye fixed on Ginny and Bryan, could it be true? Yes it is.

"Yes. it's true" Hermione announced, I sighed she got it all wrong, I should probably stop her"I think you should keep quite Hermione" I tried.

"As I was saying, yes. It's true, The Rumours." She began again "We are engaged" And she did it. she let the cats outs in the rain. it wasn't her turn I closed my eyes.

"Congratulations" Bryan broke the silence I opened my eyes and the only people moving talking and moving were Bryan and Ginny. "What, How, When?" She gaped and slightly shouted in exhilaration her eyes went wide and her mouth was covered by her hands. she shook her head twice her hair falling on her eyes, how can she look more pretty, even when she was totally acting out loud.

"I dint expect the rumour to turn out true, except the role change." Fred muttered.

"They are not dating nor are engaged, it's so obvious, you should have listened to the senior"George gave him a smug look pleased at his point.

Hearing, this relief washed over me, they are not engaged. I took a deep breath, how log was I holding it back. I found myself looking at her again I tired to move my eyes and look at the announced couple, but I was trapped I dint want too look anywhere expect her face, slowly everyone started making noises, shouting, congratulating, I leaned back in my seat taking my drink in my hand and kept looking at her, every one was busy with Hermione and Ron no one payed attention to me. so I openly gawked at her, taking my time this time. She giggled and played with the flow, I smirked she is too sweet for her own good. And very bad at acting.

I smiled when she came running towards the pair as I was next to them it looked like she came to me, I scrunched my nose at that thought. where are my thoughts exactly today. Not in my hold. Defiantly. Not!

I felt so relaxed all I wanted to go home and sleep, but soon celebration started and I had to stick around long, I huffed it's rare I ever feel sleepy these days and I cant even sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8.6K 32
Harry Potter from Ginny Weasley's point of view. How things happened....her way! She understands Harry will never fall for her but a girl can dream...
69.8K 1.3K 10
The story of how I realised my love for the one person I couldn't have - my best friend. Set around sixth year at Hogwarts and the Burrow. Lots of fl...
18.3K 423 24
What if Harry never REALLY fell in love with Ginny? What if Ron never fell in love with Hermione? What if Ron couldn't get back into the tent after h...
10.2K 383 25
ALL RIGHTS GO TO @PrincessPotter on harrypotterfanfiction.com. •••••••••••••••••••••••• This is a story of love. A love that is tested; a love that...