Scream {The Originals Fanfict...

By VySupernatural101

"Family above all." "You're a disgrace." "The folks in this town call her the Scream." "So what's it like bei... More

~Disclaimer/Playlist~
Scream
Me Kol.
Noémi
Plumpernickle
The Witch Queen of New Orleans
Playing Footsies

Liberté

1.2K 30 3
By VySupernatural101

2

Nine years later...

"I heard of a powerful witch, brother. She lives in a small town just outside of New Orleans." Elijah said looking up form his book. "Her name is Desirae Montcalm."

"Well then take me to her." Klaus said with a smirk.

***

Klaus and Elijah were outside Desirae's door. The hybrid glanced into the window and saw old furniture and bottles everywhere. Finally, Elijah knocked on the big wooden door.

"Can I help you?" The old woman asked hoarsely. " I'm very busy at the moment."

"We needn't but a small favor, ma'am. May we come in?" Elijah asked peeking inside the ancient house.

"I will not let your kind into my home." Desirae glared at both men.

"Sorry, how rude of me. My name is Elijah and this is my brother, Niklaus." Elijah grinned and gestured to his sibling who was slightly amused.

"You," the woman pointed suddenly frightened, "Get out of this town or I'll swear you'll regret ever coming here."

The brothers both looked at eachother when they heard the faint sound of screaming coming from behind the woman.

"Desirae, is there someone here?" Her eyes widened.

"I told you to leave."

"And I asked you a question. Is there someone here?"

"It's not coming from my house. That wretched girl is locked up in the cemetery." Desirae said sternly.

"If you will not let us in. Could you at least bring us to her." Klaus growled.

"I don't believe that's the favor you came to ask me for." She seethed.

"You've struck me with curiosity of this strange girl you speak of. Lead me to her and I won't ask you for anymore favors. I'm an Original, show some respect." The hybrid faked a smile.

The woman sighed with hate and walked out the door. She lead them through the fence into the foggy cemetery. She gestured to the tomb that said "liberté" on the front. In French, it translate to "freedom". How ironic.

"This girl is worse than any monster I've come across. She's a disgrace and very misbehaved. I'm warning you." She said. You could see the hate and regret in her grey eyes. She chanted a few words and then the stone door creaked open.

"What's her name?" Klaus asked following the woman, emphasizing the her.

"Name? Monsters like her don't deserve names. But, the folks in this town call her The Scream." She said, carefully walking down the damp steps.

"Why do they call her that?"

"You'll see."

Elijah and Klaus gave eachother worried and curious glances. They didn't know what was awaiting them. The way the woman spoke of her was as if she were worse than any evil thing on the planet.

There were all down the steps and the woman kept herself close to the stone stairs, whereas the brothers took a couple steps closer to a dark corner.

"Watch yourselves. She could be anywhere."

Sounds of clanging rang through the giant underground tomb. Metal bars were place horizontally, diagonally and vertically all around the room. Kind of like bars on a bunk bed but in all kinds of different directions.

"I put these here so she could climb anywhere she wants."

"What kind of beast are you talking about?" Elijah asked facing the woman.

"You'll see." She replied once again in a cryptic manner.

The girl was silently watching them. Glaring into their eyes without them able to see her, practically searching their souls. She kept inching herself closer climbing on the bars that surrounded her. She hadn't seen anyone but Desirae in nine years. The crazy woman would beat her until she bled and torture her until she couldn't scream anymore. The brothers made her nervous but gave her the tiniest bit of hope.

She hopped down from the bars which sent an echo throughout the somewhat big room. The brothers didn't flinch but only made them curiouser. She stepped into the light. You could only see her dirty toes and the bottom of her bloody ripped dress. Tears brimmed her eyes as she revealed herself. Her ragged hair covered her face. Klaus' gaze softened when he noticed all the bruises, cuts and tears. He had a soft spot for kids being tortured. It angered more than anything. Young, pure kids being almost beat to death.

"What have you done to this poor girl?" Klaus said, rage fuming inside of him.

"She deserves it. Always and forever." The woman said confidently.

He glared at the old witch when she used that sentence. Klaus looked at the girl in pity as he could hear her silent sobs.

Elijah spoke up. "We're not here to hurt you. How long have you been down here?"

The girl stared at them and did what she was famous for. Her scream shaked the whole cemetery. The brothers' eyes widened with worry but soon turned into anger when the girl fell to floor into a sitting position. She tried saying something but no one could understand.

She was trying to say please but failed. She tried the best she could to speak English.

"What's she saying?" Elijah furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at Desirae.

"Nothing. She can't speak. That's why she screams, it's the only way she knows how to answer."

"You're a monster. Ironic coming from me but I would never do this to an innocent girl." Klaus turned to face Desirae.

"Trust me she isn't innocent. She's sixteen and committed more wrongs than anyone."

"What has she done?" Elijah spoke over the girl's sobs.

The woman stood there speechless because she didn't really know the answer to that either, she just convinced herself that the girl was horrible just to torture her. Not waiting for a response, Klaus sped over to the elder and ripped her heart out dropping it to the floor. The girl suddenly stopped crying and stared at the heart shocked. Elijah walked over to her and knelt down beside her. He put a piece of her hair behind her ear and she closed her eyes. Klaus joined Elijah and knelt down too.

"It's alright, love. She can't hurt you anymore. You're not a disgrace." She flinched when he said "disgrace". She opened her eyes and looked into the hybrid's. She felt something inside her she's never felt before and latched onto him. He protectively wrapped his arms around her and looked at his brother. He smiled a tiny smile and lifted her off the ground.

He shushed the girl and petted her hair comfortingly as she cried on his shoulder. Elijah looked at her sympathetically and knew Klaus wanted to protect her. Klaus knew it too.

***

Klaus took the tired girl to his home. Rebekah, Kol and Freya were there.

(A/N: Hope and Camille don't exist in this FF, sorry)

Klaus opened the door leading the girl inside putting his hand on the small of her back. He knew the others would probably assume it was him that made her into a bloody crying mess.

"Nik, where have you be-" Rebekah said walking into the entrance but stopped when she saw the girl, " Oh my gosh! What did you do?!" She screamed making everyone come into the room. Freya and Kol stood there shocked and Rebekah was outraged.

"You needn't worry, sister. This wasn't our doing." Elijah stated.

"What happened to her?" Freya asked.

"We stumbled upon a witch who I think liked to torture young girls but I don't know for sure. She didn't live to explain herself." Klaus smiled but knew the situation was disgusting and cruel, even for him.

"Hello, there. What's your name?" Freya asked bending down slightly smiling at the younger girl. Niklaus stopped her.

"She doesn't know how to speak English, or any language for that matter."

"Really?" Rebekah asked, you could hear the pity in her voice.
She went to give the girl a hug but she backed away and hid slightly behind Klaus.

He looked down at the girl confused and she looked up at him pleadingly. She didn't know what it was but she felt the need to hold onto him. Wherever he was, was her safe place. She never wanted him to leave. Not even for a second.

"So she doesn't even have a name?" Freya broke their gaze.

"No." Elijah said sadly looking at the girl.

"So we shall name her." Rebekah said cheerfully. Klaus smiled at the thought of keeping the girl but didn't know if it was the best idea.

"Since it was Niklaus and Elijah that found the poor thing, they should be the ones picking the name, Bekah." Kol said smirking, scoffing amusingly.

"You're right but, make sure it's a girl name, boys." Rebekah said raising her eyebrow and pointing a finger at her two older brothers.

"Don't worry sister. We'll do our best." Nick chuckled nervously. "Come on let's get you cleaned up."

Klaus walked up the stairs with the young blonde. Her mouth hung open as she admired the crystal chandeliers and fancy staircase.
Klaus smiled at her reaction.

He didn't know how long she had worn the dress but it seemed to be a long time. It was very grimy and covered in blood. He felt so sorry for her.

He pulled off her dress. She was wearing underwear so he wasn't looking at 'anything private'. He studied all the damage the witch had done to her. Her ribs looked broken and bruised. Her arms had cuts and scrapes. Her neck had scars on it. Her legs were the worst though. When she walked, he noticed a slight limp. He could see her knee bones and deep cuts trailed up and down her thighs.

They both winced when he took her dress off. He couldn't bare it any longer. He called Freya upstairs and asked her to help the girl get cleaned up and changed.

She agreed and hastily took her away. Klaus was sure he wanted to keep the girl. She was so broken and wanted to fix her. He felt broken too, as if he were obligated to do something. He thought maybe keeping the young one would be a chance to start fresh and gain some happiness in his life and the others as well.

***

Klaus had gone downstairs in the living room with the rest of his siblings as Freya was healing the girl and cleaning her up.

"So Nik, any names come to mind yet." Rebekah asked, she was very eager to find a name for the young teen. She had gone through at least ten websites on her phone trying to find a name but nothing seemed to suit the girl.

"Well there is one Elijah and I have come up with but we don't know if you'll like it." He smirked. They had picked a name that goes with the Mikaelson 'theme'.

"Please. I want to hear it." Rebekah pleaded and leaned forward.

"Alright. How about, Klaira Mikaelson." He smiled happily.

Rebekah literally melted when he said the name. She walked over to him and gave him a warm hug. "That's a perfect name."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 271 41
After Emily Gilbert basically went through hell and back she finds herself where she first started, traveling with Klaus, the only difference is that...
17.1K 277 23
Ash Mikaelson. Original vampire. The Hybrid's wife. She has been by Klaus' side for almost 1000 years before being daggered by Klaus in the 1920s. ...
5.6K 84 23
Have you ever heard the saying I love you so much it hurts? I always thought that it was just that, a saying, to emphasize how you feel for someone...
110K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life ▪▪▪ the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...