Unexpected Future!

By background21

We think and we expect! We do this both a lot and without these there is not much to do. Will there be any ac... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
EXTRA!!!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 17

3.3K 210 66
By background21

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Your bruise is disappearing." Di said, giving a small smile and James nodded at her words but stuffed food in his mouth.

I smiled at Di and James before glancing at Nakul to see him having his dinner as usual bringing from outside. At least he is having breakfast here only and that too because Di asked him to.

"Yeah! Now, I do not even fear of elevators and all other things." I said pointedly so that the man beside me understands it.

And he did, the way he let the spoon stay in air, but immediately recovered without making a sound. I glanced at the people before me to see them not looking at each other properly only.

Well, this is the first time I saw Di being awkward before a guy as she always seems to be confident and know what to do all the time. Is she really that attracted to him?

It would be awesome, but then I remember James would never leave Nakul which means if they get together then Nakul had to see them together and would get hurt.

But if they both like each other then it is their right to be together, right? I sighed, thinking how protective James is about Nakul and maybe he wouldn't allow himself to do anything about this even if his heart desires.

Heart? Is there heart involved in the first place? Attraction doesn't mean heart, right? I thought, glancing at Nakul and sighed, thinking how could I be attracted to this person when he is completely wrong for me.

If he fell for Di then I would be like some invisible person only. No wonder he called my clothes baggy when Di wears such fashionable ones. So, shoo shoo attraction like really go away.

"Is something wrong with your own food?" I shook my head clearing my thoughts to see everyone staring at me.

"No!" I replied, turning to my side to see him frowning at me.

"Then have it." He said, shaking his head and finished his while I started.

"Do you have internet here, Nakul? My data pack is over and I need to check my mails." Di suddenly said making James stiffen.

"You can do it tomorrow after having a data recharge." James pointed out.

"If it is not urgent, then why would I have asked? And I don't think Nakul would mind if I use his system." Di said, smiling at Nakul and I sighed.

I thought looking at Di this past week, she left the plans and everything but here she is flirting with him again.

"You can use my mobile, Di." I said, moving my mobile but she shook her head.

"I think when I can use a system, then why to use mobile. Tomorrow I will get my system from my boutique. I shouldn't have forgotten it there." She said smiling at me and then glanced at Nakul.

"Sure! You can use it right now." Saying that he stood up to wash his hands and she followed him.

Then they both walked inside the study room and I sighed before turning my head towards James to see him fisting his free hand.

"Are you jealous or what?" I asked, feeling shock and he frowned at me.

"Jealous? She wouldn't cheat on me for sure." He replied shaking his head.

"Why?" I asked him smiling.

"A person who hates infidelity will never do it themselves." He replied shrugging.

"I don't know about Mr. Singh." I pointed out and he ignored it before taking out his phone.

"I just have to hope she doesn't get hold on anything." He mumbled and placed the phone to his ear.

"Ask him to secure all files in Mr. Singh's system right now like I showed except for mail." He said and hung up.

"What is happening here?" I asked him, frowning and he gestured me to his side and I immediately moved there along with my plate.

"We found her snooping in the study on day through the camera and now also she did all this to find something useful which she can use against Nakul." He replied and I gasped.

"What? I don't believe you." I said frowning.

"Why would I lie?" he asked back.

"But... maybe you have mistaken." I pointed out he shook his head and I know inside there is a possibility for Di doing this.

"When will that stupid doctor can come here?" I asked frowning.

"Now, that stupid doctor is having a lawyer beside him. If any of the members of the team I sent there steps even 100 feet, the lawyer is issuing orders saying they are terrifying the doctor and will charge them." He replied sighing.

"But why? I mean, a lawyer? That doctor itself said that he will talk before my family, right? Why did he change his mind suddenly?" I asked feeling frantic.

What if... what if Di success and then... then gets punished? What if Nakul gets to know about it and then does something to harm my family?

"Hey! It's okay. I will find a way soon." He said, assuring me and placed his free hand on my shoulder.

"I don't know, James. I am feeling so scared." I said and he nodded before we heard a throat clearing.

We both turned to see them both walking towards us with complete blank expressions making me frown.

"If you have finished, we can leave." Di said to James and he nodded, standing up giving me an assured look.

I sat with calm look and continued to have my dinner, but inside I am feeling this feeling of lost. What can we do now? Why did this simple matter get dragged this much?

"The plate is empty." I heard a bored voice and looked up to see him still standing at the place where I last saw him.

"Oh!" I mumbled, standing up and walked to the basin to see their plates not washed today, but I washed them off before he can come here and drag them away from my hands.

"Now, let's go!" he said the moment I stepped out of the kitchen.

"I just said I am absolutely fine. There is no need for your help anymore." I said frowning.

"Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I just heard you saying you are scared." He said and I froze fearing what else did he hear.

"I am really fine!" I said in a confident tone, but he shook his head before holding my hand and dragged me on the stairs.

"Tomorrow you will get your salary. What are your plans?" he asked when I lay silently on the bed.

"I promised someone a special gift from my first salary. I will do that." I replied, smiling staring at the ceiling and after a few minutes felt the shift in the bed to see him standing.

"I think you are right that you are fine." Saying that he walked off and I frowned, but sighed in relief thinking I can't bear another night in his arms without thinking more about him.

I opened my eyes yawning and immediately groaned when my eyes searched for his presence and his arms around me only to find myself alone. Idiot! I mumbled getting up and immediately got ready, remembering the meeting today.

Surprisingly, I didn't handle a thing for this meeting as Manjula madam got the orders from him. However, I have to be there and I am looking forward to it.

All I know is this is a very important meeting as the all board of members will arrive for this. There seems to be some problem about which I was not explained but I will get to know about it soon.

"You look tired." I mumbled while serving James and he shook his head.

"He didn't sleep yesterday saying he has some work." Di said and I frowned at him but he shook his head mouthing later.

"How will you drive then?" I asked him not able to stop myself.

"I am used to all this." He replied and glanced at Nakul like they share some secret.

"So, what's the special for cooking even a sweet dish?" Di asked smiling at me.

"Today there is an important meeting, I thought it would be a good thing to do." I replied, shrugging and felt the person beside me going stiff.

"What's so important?" she asked and I opened my mouth, but saw James shaking his head.

I cleared my throat saying, "Just some normal thing."

"Okay!" she mumbled, but frowned, knowing well I just lied to her as I couldn't help but scratch my nose.

When they both left after washing their plates, I too stood up only to feel his hand on me. I frowned turning to him only to see him, frowning back at me.

"You are not trying to hurt your sister more by using James, are you?" he suddenly asked and I felt shocked to the core hearing his words.

"What?" I asked him not believing his words.

"You are getting what you want then why to hurt her? Can't you wait at least for divorce?" he asked and I removed my hand from his.

"We are getting late, Mr. Singh." Saying that I took his plate and walked off, but heard his footsteps behind me.

"I still can't believe a sister can do this to her own sister. Stealing her groom and now behaving wrong with her husband." His words continued and I before I know I just slapped him.

But I immediately covered my mouth, realizing what I did and then suddenly chuckled, looking at the foam on his cheek. I just slapped him in the middle of washing and thank to god it was not a forceful one before of this foam.

He stared at me making me stop chuckling and I cleared my throat saying, "He is my friend."

"How dare you to slap me? No one slapped me until now." He said fuming and held my hands tightly.

"But... but you are talking rubbish." I said, but he continued to glare at me.

"You can slap me back." I mumbled showing my cheek and he released one hand before moving it to my cheek making me close my eyes tightly.

However, I felt him just placing the hand, there mumbling, "Why? To create a show of domestic violence?"

"I think I did the domestic violence." I mumbled and heard a surprising chuckle.

I immediately turned my face only to see him clearing his throat to suppress the chuckle. I turned back to the basin and continued to wash the plates ignoring his hold on one of my wrists.

But the problem was it made him stand too close to me and I prayed he would just leave my hand and he did finally making me sigh in relief.

"I will come to work by bus." I mumbled and he shook his head.

"There is no need to do that and I am not taking chances with Manish doing anything even from inside the prison." He said and I immediately shivered remembering the day.

"Okay! Thanks for this." I mumbled and we both walked off after I packed the food in a box for lunch.

"Anything important points to be brought up in the meeting, Mr. Singh?" I asked him while on the way to the work.

"No! They will be doing the talking and we will be listening in silence." He replied, making me frown and I glanced to my side to see James also frowning.

However, I never in my wildest dreams thought this would be the reason for a meeting. I sat frozen in my chair while the words flowed from each member in the meeting, except for Mr. Singh and Manjula Madam.

"We trusted your father's decision and immediately accepted, you here in India even though your experience was in foreign based ones. Now, we heard you made this blunder." One of them said.

"Just imagine what would be the state of the company when there will be a divorce and half of your shares will be gone to someone who is not related to the company." Another said.

"Are you all divorced?" I suddenly asked and stiffened when the whole room went into silence.

I cleared my throat saying, "Maybe, Mr. Singh's marriage will not end up in divorce. No one does the marriage with a divorce, right?"

I glanced at Nakul to see him giving me what-the-hell-are-you-doing? look, but I just cleared my knowing well what is he trying to say.

Our divorce is more sure than our marriage was and here I am talking like thinking about divorce is also wrong.

It actually is even before marrying to think the end of it. But maybe it is different when there are responsibilities.

"It is a rule to have a pre-nup to protect the interests of the company shareholders." One replied and I nodded shutting my mouth.

"So, we have decided to re-think our decision about you being in CEO's position for this company." One old man suddenly said and I stiffened but Nakul just nodded.

"Excuse me!" I said making everyone glanced at me.

"Ms. Guptha!" Nakul said, shaking his head.

"Is there a chance of making a document now by which the wife can give up her rights which she may get after divorce?" I asked and everyone just stared at me.

"What are you doing?" Nakul asked and I just ignored him while staring at the old man.

"It can be done." He replied and I nodded.

"Can that document be made?" I asked and he frowned.

"Why would Mrs. Singh sign on it? I mean, why would anyone sign on it." A lady asked and I smiled at her.

"She will!" I said and again glanced at the old man.

"Are you okay with this, Mr. Singh?" he asked Nakul, who is glaring at me.

"I will sign." I whispered to him and his eyes widened, but he frowned before nodding.

"Okay! Let's get it done now only. Please, call your wife here." The old man said and my eyes widened while Nakul closed his eyes.

"Refreshments will be here in a moment." Saying that Nakul stood up while one of them called the company lawyer to make the papers and bring them as soon as he can.

Nakul gestured me while walking out of the room and I followed him calmly along with Manjula madam.

"What do you think you are doing?" he shouted the moment we walked into his cabin.

"Ms. Maha! What if now his wife doesn't sign them? Then she will be bad mouthed and all this will get worse." Manjula madam said.

"As this is your idea, you sign it otherwise I will not spare you." He ordered.

"But, Sir! That will be forgery." Madam said and I pressed my lips to stop the smile.

"It will not be." He assured her and she frowned, looking at me and then at him before her eyes widened.

"You are Mrs. Singh?" she asked, shock covering her face.

"No! I am Ms. Guptha only, but my signature on that will be legal." I replied, smiling and she frowned at me but then nodded still feeling confused.

"These are personal matters, Ms. Manjula. No one should know about it." He said and she nodded, but I frowned at him.

He calls her using her name, then why doesn't he at work. But he doesn't have any hesitations at home and again that is also very rarely he uses it.

"Are salaries credited to the employees account?" he asked her and I stilled.

"No! I will see to it right now and will show Mrs... uhmm... Ms. Maha so that she can handle them from next month." She replied and he nodded before walking to his cabin while I walked out following her.

"This is a complete shock that you both are married." She mumbled frowning.

"It was for him too." I mumbled and she gave a frown but I just smiled.

"I got my salary." I whispered, looking at the message in my mobile regarding the credit.

"Are you going to give us any party?" she asked when we were walking towards the meeting room as she got a call from Nakul to return.

"No! I have something important to do with this." I replied, smiling still staring at the mobile while walking and collided into a person.

"I am so sorry!" I said and looked up only to see it is none other than Nakul.

"You need to walk while looking without messaging." He said, shaking his head and then I realized his hand on my waist which stopped me from falling down.

"She is checking her salary, Sir. She is really excited and is saying she has something special to do with this." Madam said with a big smile and I groaned knowing well she is thinking I was talking about him.

"She sure does." He replied in a hard tone and continued to walk without releasing me resulting in dragging me.

"Mr. Singh! You forgot your hand. I mean, you are still holding me." I said, stumbling to use right words not knowing what to say.

"I know, what I am doing." that's all he said and opened the door to see the members talking to themselves but stopped looking at us.

"Are the papers ready?" he asked, walking inside and the lawyer nodded passing them to Nakul.

"Where is your wife, Mr. Singh?" the question was asked, but there was no reply to him reading the papers.

"These say that my wife will get nothing unless I wish to give something." He stated and glanced at me.

"Just like you are Mr. Singh." The lawyer said and Nakul nodded before passing the papers to me.

"Read and sign." He said and then turned to handle the shocked people.

I calmly read the document while he calmly announced me as his wife and that he wants the news not be public. I snorted thinking why would he wish for anyone to know about me.

But here, because of my suggestion he had to. No wonder he is angry, even though he is not getting injustice by getting removed from his place.

"Done!" I mumbled sighing and glanced up only to see his surprised look.

"No changes?" he asked and I shook my head.

The meeting ended with that and they all left while I collected the book I brought to note thinking something amazing is going to happen and I am going to learn something but here just learned pre-nup is more important than marriage.

"What if I don't give you even a single penny?" the question startled me because I thought I was alone.

I cleared my throat and said, "I just saw how much I earned this month and I hope there will be many months like this, by which I will not need any penny from anyone."

I glanced up to see him, frowning at me and I gave a nod before walking off leaving the room feeling light inside. Now, no one can accuse me of doing all this for getting something from him.

"Can I leave early, Mr. Singh?" I asked him when it was four.

"Go!" he snapped and I did reaching the main gate to see James sitting in the car where it is parked sleeping.

I walked near there and tapped on the glass making me get up immediately. I smiled and said, "Go to home and sleep."

"I need to take him back." He said shaking his head.

"Someone else can do it. You are looking really tired and you may do more harm than good." I said and he slowly nodded.

"Where are you going?" he asked, looking at the time.

"Shopping! Now, come on! I will drop you on the way in a cab." I replied and he nodded, getting out of the car before we both left the place.

After dropping him, I left to reach a popular shop. I took some time before deciding on one Saree. I smiled and took another cab before reaching my destination.

However the moment I stepped inside, I got only one command and that is, 'Stop!'. I gave her a pleading look and took another step, ignoring her words.

"Please, Mom! Look, I brought a Saree. Didn't I say I will buy one after getting my salary?" I asked, her smiling and took it out.

She let the tears flow from her eyes and took a step, but shook her head. She brushed her tears away saying, "Leave, Maha! Tell me why you did everything or just leave."

"I want to, Mom... I really want to... but... but it will hurt you." I replied, knowing well she will feel bad about their both planning.

"Leave!" she said in a hard tone, but I shook my head.

However, looking at her expression I stepped back before rushing out of the house. I don't know how I took a cab and reached his place but I did.

While I was walking in the driveway, I heard shouting and glanced to my side to see James sleeping on the bench there while Di stood there with an angry expression.

"This is too much, James. Do you think I am a monster that you are sleeping here instead of inside?" she screamed.

"I can see and hear you are." That was his reply and she immediately looked around before finding a pipe that was left for watering.

Turning the noose she directed it at him making him scream and stand up. I smiled a little at this and then he tried to take it from her.

I would have stayed there only, but I heard a car sound and immediately walked inside the house still feeling tears in my eyes.

Reaching the room, I knelt beside the bed and cried. I covered my mouth, but couldn't help but release the loud sobs.

I glanced at the door when I heard a sound to see Nakul standing there. He walked towards me and sat down, removing his coat glancing at the cover on my lap.

"Maybe you should have told him you brought a present then he would have walked to you and then we both would have been free of any feeling." He said and I frowned before understanding that he saw their water fight.

He must be feeling hurt, I sniffed stopping the sobs before mumbling, "I am sorry!"

He just took the cover and opened it only to frown seeing a Saree. He glanced at me asking, "Does James wear this?"

I immediately laughed imagining James in it and then sobered before shaking my head saying, "This is for my Mom."

"I... I promised her I will buy her a beautiful Saree when I get my salary, but... but she didn't allow me and asked me to leave." I mumbled and brushed the fingers on the Saree.

"This was the special thing." He whispered and I glanced at him.

"Yeah! Not to make James wear a Saree." I said and he chuckled shaking his head.

I felt happy that he will not feel hurt now for the vision he had while getting down from the car to reaching here.

"Let's go!" he said, getting up and I frowned at him.

"Why?" I asked him frowning.

"I said let's go." He said and I nodded standing up.

He just dragged me holding the cover with another and when we reached the main door, I saw both of them missing and immediately glanced at Nakul.

"We can't make him wear it now." I pointed out, but he ignored me and reached the car.

"To Guptha's house." That's all he said to the man who is actually my bodyguard and he nodded getting in the car through driver seat.

"Get in!" Nakul said opening the back seat when I was about to open front one.

I sat in silence, not understanding what got into him. I shook my head when he continued to drag me after getting down before my home.

"Mr. Singh! This is not a good idea." I said, but as usual he ignored me.

When we walked inside I saw Father and Mom sitting in the living room and the servant announced us making them glance at us.

"What are you doing here, Maha?" she asked and I stopped near the door, but this bulldozer that is hell bent on dragging me today continued until we reached them.

"It's been one month since we got married and didn't visited my in-laws. So, I thought why don't I have a visit today with not much work." Nakul said and I just stilled beside him.

"In-laws? What marriage are you talking about? Both my daughters will be getting divorced at a time. Who wishes for that?" she asked him shaking her head.

"And this is because of this girl here who is not opening her mouth to say the reason." She said but immediately Father stood up.

"Stay for dinner." He said, nodding at us making her look at him.

"I will go and prepare." She said and was about to walk away.

"This is a gift, Mrs. Guptha." Nakul said, placing the cover in her hands and she took it in silence not saying a word.

"I will help you, Mom." I said, but she shook her head and walked away.

I sat at a corner while these both men started conversing about of course business. Seems like the Father was in contact with him regarding some business proposal and I can understand it is being finalized and will occur soon. Oh god! Is this a new plan? I need to inform James about it.

"How is Sweety, Maha? She didn't visit us these two weeks." He said smiling.

"She is fine but busy with the new contract." I said and he nodded.

"She just said that, but didn't talk much about it. She always eats off my ear with the talking about each and every project." He said smiling, but I can see he is missing her.

"She is eating James ear and he is complaining about it also." I said, smiling at the memory and it slipped when there was complete silence hearing my words and both had weird expression.

After that it was more than awkward, but we moved to the dinner table. I didn't feel like eating with the atmosphere, but I stuffed my mouth with as much as I can missing her cooking completely.

"What happened to your face?" Mom suddenly asked, frowning and I realized the light was too bright here to see everything clearly.

"That... that..." I trailed off.

"She was attacked by two people at work place. I fired them." Naku stated and she frowned.

"She is working for you?" she asked and I glanced at Father who must have already known looking at his plate.

"Yes! She is my PA." he replied and she frowned, but continued to stare at my face.

"Were you... were you hurt too much?" she replied and I shook my head.

"No, Mom! This was a small wound." I replied fisting my hand to not scratch my nose but her eyes widened understanding.

We walked to the living room but didn't sit and I know we are going to leave now. But I want to stay here for some more time or maybe forever.

"Mom!" I mumbled hugging her before she can stop me.

"Why, Maha? Why?" she asked, but I kept quiet.

"From that day I am feeling guilty thinking maybe my hand is there in this ruin." She suddenly said, making me frown and I moved back.

"What are you talking, Mom?" I asked and she stared at me.

"Maybe I did a fault by telling you the truth by telling you what happened in the past. I should have kept my mouth shut. Then... then you wouldn't have done this. But... but I don't believe my daughter... my Maha to ever think of revenge and that too on a living person for a dead one." She replied and I frowned at her not understanding her words.

"I don't mind what happened and what Maheshwari did, Maha. I love your Dad." She pointed out and I realized what she is talking about.

"Mom! No! This is not at all the reason. I... I don't even remember this until you just talked. I would never do this, Mom. I love my Dad too, and I don't care about that." I said shaking my head.

"Then, what is the reason? I will never believe you to do anything for money no matter what anyone says." she asked in a pleading tone, but I shook my head stepping back.

"Take care, Mom." I mumbled and turned away before walking outside, ignoring Nakul who is following me.

We both got in the car and stayed silent while I felt bad that Mom thought like that. But then I am not giving her the needed answers, making her mind go different ways.

When I walked into the house and was about to climb the stairs, I heard his voice asking, "What was your Mom talking about?"

And then I realized by no longer gaining anything from him because of today's event, his mind must also be empty at the place where he kept that gold-digger image of me as a reason.

Now, he would wish to know something to fill the space and if I tell what my Mom was talking about he will get it filled but I feel that reason is too silly. After he starts filling it, I will say it is not.

If he believes, then fine otherwise I can't do anything about it. So, I turned around to face him and explain what my Mom was talking about which is something I really didn't remember until today and which I don't care about.

-----------------------------------------------

I started typing and then selected the whole which i was about to update and found that it is more than 5000 words and i blinked a few seconds before cutting it into half thinking double update for today but then didnt felt like to do it... so, here it is the longest one...

I just dont know why i can write so much without any difficulty if it is her pov unlike other ones from beginning... any thoughts for the reasons behind it???

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

p.s- there is no way for double update like no way...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

590 16 123
Alice and her three friends, have finally managed to find enough money to travel to Rome, Italy. Hoping that a break from: men, work and a recent pai...
2.2K 46 18
It was a Sunday night, family night for the Greens. They were playing a board game when it happened. At exactly 11:11 pm; a time for wishes, a sixtee...
3.4K 282 28
Adhoori aas chhod ke, adhuri pyaas chhod ke jo roz yuhi jaaoge, to kis tarah nibhaaoge ki zindagi ki raah mein, jawaan dilon ki chaah mein kai makaam...
565 1 176
I have a secret that I don't share with most. I've been swept up into something bigger than anything I could ever imagine, and now I'm involved with...